Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:07:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1949489 times)
fucker
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »

Hi, my name is Jake. Im 17, and just getting into the indie gaming community. This is what i look like at prom:

and this is what i look like in mexico:

i really like this website, and hope to contribute lots! from like a buisness prespective, im a developer, and my skills are purely storyboarding and minor animation. thanks yall!!

ps i love latinas, and derek yu is a beast

FINALLY! A GIRL!!!

Welcome to the lion's den LOL

By the way, why do you have a guy's name?
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2007, 01:33:17 PM »

:D

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »

Fool! There are no wimmenz in the internets and everyone knows that.
Icedemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2007, 04:57:13 PM »

umm.. sorry, to post twice in the introduce yourself forum, because i already did, but im a guy.

yea, i like women, latins, thus the pics. read post carefully.

and wait WHAAAA?! fool thinking that female would venture here? the seeds of heresy have been sown... let me clarify with THIS:

A Viceroy forerunner...

Viceroy studios is a community based freeware gaming enterprise dedicated to making freeware games.

check the link:

www.freewebs.com/viceroystudios

word.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2007, 07:50:30 AM »

I think fucker might have been being facetious

larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2007, 01:45:21 PM »

Hey guys,

My name is Lars A. Doucet. I'm a WFSO (White Franco-Scandinavian Orthodox). Basically, I was born in the states, Norwegian is my first Language, my Dad's American & Cajun, my mother's Norwegian, and I belong to the Russian Orthodox Church.

This is me normally

"Self Portrait as Luigi". Acrylic paint w/ pallete knife.

Me in sprite form. I do actually own a bowler hat! My Mommie made it for me.

I also have Tourette's syndrome - and as eclectic as that all probably sounds none of it is made up. I like video games a lot! I am part of a two-man, one-woman team called "The Fadupinators." We make games together. This is our website:

www.fadupinator.com

Things I do? I make art, I make video games, I translate comic books (Norwegian to English), and other stuff. I translated the first three issues of "The Knights of Dor" and "Miranda" by InkaLill Røsberg who is pretty famous in Norway but probably not so much outside of it... Anyway, you can read her comics for free here, and see my work in the archives:

www.webcomicsnation.com/inq

I'm a member of the Texas Aggie Game Developers at Texas A&M University, a student group that does a lot of cool stuff on campus with indie gaming:

www.gettagd.com

I work a lot with Flash, though I'm learning OpenGL & C++ right now and that's pretty cool. I've done casual games for both Jayisgames.com competitions:

1) The Alchemist's Apprentice: http://jayisgames.com/archives/2006/09/the_alchemists_apprentice.php
2) Tower of Babblers: http://jayisgames.com/archives/2007/03/tower_of_babblers.php

Other notable games of mine that people like are:

3) Shark Pong (for a one-week competition with TAGD) http://www.fadupinator.com/sharkpong.htm
4) Dragon Pants 2 (was reviewed on the OLD TIGsource a million years ago) http://www.fadupinator.com/dragonpants2.htm

Um... other than that I don't know.

Here's the temporary home for my latest project: http://www.fadupinator.com/wiki/index.php?title=Little_Monster

Nostrils!
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2007, 02:00:41 PM »

"Didn't know you liked to get wet, dog." Wink

Welcome all the new people I haven't welcomed yet! Grin

EDIT: Btw, I really like the Luigi painting!
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »

I actually do get that Ethan Hawke-lookalike thing quite a bit. Tongue

O captain my captain!

EDIT: Thanks! It was for a color theory class.

Nostrils!
Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2007, 06:07:08 AM »

Welcome to the forums, Lars! Pretty nice intro you wrote there!

Also, welcome to everyone else! Smiley

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:48 AM »

My name is Graham.  I do pixel art a bunch and games sometimes.

I made this game ages ago.  It's the only thing I've done so far.  The Underdogs page may be better, but I find that first review to be awesomely strange.  I regret not thinking of the tagline "Little bird fighting against a bat sect game" myself.

Here's my Pixeljoint profile.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2007, 02:40:37 PM »

Wha!  I love flapflapflap! Kiss

I reviewed it for TIGSource once, before The Fall.  Time to re-review it, methinks.  Great game.
Tennis
Pixelhead
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2007, 12:57:45 PM »

in fear of getting banned, i better post here and say:
hi, im new.
been a big fan of the site for quite a while now and just recently started a small game project of my own, so if the gods are willing, i will be posting a demo, when i manage to put something together in gamemaker.

heres a few examples of what i do, whenever i have a spare moment.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2007, 01:07:37 PM »

Heck yes!  Kenneth Fejer... Kiss

Great to have you here!  I've really been enjoying your low-poly work.  Especially these little guys:

Looking forward to seeing your game too.  (It's about time!)
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2007, 02:34:48 PM »

Hello! May as well post an entry here even though I meant to do it earlier. I am Graham Goring and as well as being a member of Retrospec I run a podcast called The Arsecast about indie and retro games with aim of gradually pissing off everyone in those two communities. I've been gaming since the mid 80's and like a lot of my UK brethren I didn't go the console route, but rather via home-computer alley. Starting out with a VIC 20 (Gah! I wanted a Spectrum, mum!) I then moved to the Spectrum +2A (the one with the dodgy ROM but good tape deck), then a SAM Coupé (willing to bet that fuck all of you had one of those) and then an Atari ST. It was only after that I got into consoles and have got all the big ones since the Megadrive on up (but not the PS3, not until there's some good games on it and I invent a pill that makes me shit diamonds).

Favourite slighly more obscure games are:

Rex - an ace ZX Spectrum flip-screen platform shoot 'em up with twee sprites and ace animation.

The Deactivators - an ingenious gravity defying mix of puzzles, reactions and strategy on the ZX Spectrum. Superb and begging for a remake from someone who can do 3D (although not necessarily high-poly).

Rakugaki Showtime - My fave thing Treasure did on the PS1, a cracking action-packed arena throw 'em up (?!) like Poy Poy, only really, really good.

Yoyo's Puzzle Park - Outside of of R-Type this is my favourite thing that IREM ever did and it's the PS1's best single-screen platformer with a nice original gameplay style, loads of variety, interesting enemies bursting with character and oodles of replayability.

And obviously I'm a big fat whore for all the classics like Super Metroid, Castlevania Symphony Of The Night (and it's ilk, but not really the earlier stuff because the handling is so stiff), Chaos, Laser Squad, UFO: Enemy Unknown, Bangai-O, R-Type, Raiden 1/2, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Thief and all that lovely stuff.

The games I intend on making are single-screen platform games with original gameplay dynamics (got one in my head already which feels pretty original, and might even be fun, too), explorey Metroid platform games which I hope will be super-spooky and shoot 'em ups of the Raiden/R-Type persuation.

Currently working on - Wizball. Bloody. Cocking. Wizball.

WARNING! VERY OLD SCREENSHOT!

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
BMcC
Senior Editor, Hero,
Level 10

Bee Mixsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »

pics plx

kthnx

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2007, 01:09:02 AM »

pics plx

kthnx

Of me?! Whyever would you want to do that to your eyes?

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2007, 05:30:53 AM »

I keep waking up thinking "I hope the other Graham changed his avatar today" and I'm always disappointed.

Well, for the last two days at least.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 05:33:23 AM by GP Lackey » Logged
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2007, 01:05:23 AM »

I could use my Retro Remakes avatar instead...

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2007, 01:14:02 AM »

I could use my Retro Remakes avatar instead...

I hate your avatar, too, so I'm changing it for you. Tongue
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2007, 01:22:25 AM »

Oh. This is war now...

image googles for "giant cocks"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic