Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:11:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953303 times)
Bat_mipt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8160 on: December 17, 2014, 07:51:21 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Carlos and I'm a Ph.D. student in an non game or developing related area. One day I had just decided that it would be nice to learn android and how to program for it. And that's how I ended up here, haha.
ReLoading64
TIGBaby

Hello World

View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: December 17, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »

Hello World,

My name is Jose and I'm a programmer who got a BS in Software Development. After College(2010) I looked for a job in the gaming Industry. But I was lucky enough to get a couple of interviews, but unlucky enough to not get called back. Being discouraged I gave up on my dream to make games and fell into an emotional depression. 2012 Came along and I saw an interesting Documentary on Netflix called "Indie Game: The Movie" which opened my eyes to the independent side of game development. I didn't have to work for a major company to make games, I could do it myself. I came out of my depression and began to read my programming books. I haven't programmed for 2 years so I was a little rusty.

I got into games thanks to Super Mario Bros. and Sonic the Hedgehog. As I grew up I was always an outcast in school and felt accepted whenever I would talk about games or play games. This was y escape from the world! Since then I know that I always wanted games to be a part of my life. I still enjoy retro style games today, Super Meat Boy is one of my favorite platformers and I'm very excited for Super Meat Boy Forever.

I fast forward to spring of 2014, I begin making my first game on iPhone for experience. after 3 months of work I made my first game named Picture Punching Frenzy and put it in the App store:
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/id903215096?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Learning a lot from the experience I began working on a second game. 6 months Later I created Little Meow Attack! and dedicated it to my girlfriends late cat. Fun fact Tommy and Edmunds cats also make an appearance in the game:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-meow-attack!/id914143144?mt=8

Learning so much from my 2 previous games I am now here. I decided to learn how to use Unity3D and want to work on a new project! Which is why I am here now, looking for someone who can do models and textures to team up and make a game for Steam ^_^ hopefully this is where I can Find a partner and make n awesome game!!

Wheres the SDK Documentation!?!
LadyAbadeer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: December 18, 2014, 07:47:00 AM »

Hi all, this is going to be fast and painless. My name is Rossana, I'm from Italy and... I like videogames (oh, really?). I started play videogames when I was younger (the first ones were Super Mario and Contra), but now that I'm 23 things haven't changed a lot  Tongue Well, now I like Dragon Age, The Witcher, Borderlands, something like that, and I've realized a little dream: working in the videogames world for an italian startup which is currently developing a new game.
Well, that's all  Smiley
Cheers!

Rossana Barbagallo - Community Manager at Rimlight Studios

ZHEROS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zherosgame

ZHEROS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ZherosGame
darokin
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8163 on: December 18, 2014, 11:31:57 AM »

Hi everyone,

My name is Adrien (nickname 'darokin'), I'm from Reims in France and was born in 1982.
I used an IBM PS1 and IBM PS2 during my early childhood and got stuck on a NES then.
I wanted to become a programmer since I understood what programming was, starting learning it during my pre-internet era (pre-1996) with a book on Assembly.
Needless to say I lost my time, it's only after that I tried accessible programming langages like Basic and Pascal, and then I want to learning C.

I'm still passionnate about coding, my day-time job is software programmer for a Champagne company. I've work for an online game company before (web dev and AS3 games) and a game publisher (quickly) in Paris also (iOs dev).
After work I love to code as well, I also do pixel art and some low-poly/voxels also. I create GIFs because I like the beauty of maths and its relation to nature - even if it can't be seen yet Wink

I start a lot of project but have an issue with ending things...

For the personnal gamedev (sadly quite empty) aspect:
I've made of my own complete flash game a few years ago : Isoblock Madness - http://www.kongregate.com/fr/games/darokin/isoblock-madness
Attempted Ludum Dare only once so far : LD24 - http://ludumdare.com/compo/category/ld-24/?author_name=darokin
Made a quick CandyJam game also: Candy Crush SAGAT! - http://darokin.itch.io/candy-crush-sagat

Twitter account: http://twitter.com/darokin

My GIFs and pixels/voxels can be seen on my tumblr: http://darokin.tumblr.com

See you soon!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:40:44 AM by darokin » Logged

thirtyfour
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8164 on: December 18, 2014, 08:03:11 PM »

Hello all!

I have been a lurker in this forum for a while, so this introduction comes a bit late.

Not much to say about me. I work as a consultant and freelance developer for websites (mostly communities) and mobile apps. Storytelling is my passion, though. As a young man I was studying cinema until I realized that was not going to pay the bills in the short term, and the situation around me was going in a really bad direction. And thus, as it often happens, the short term freelance work became what I have been doing for the last 14 years.

I always loved games (started playing on a C16 inherited from my cousin until I moved to a NES; with my first PC, I discovered adventure games and I was hooked), cinema, reading, and getting to know different cultures. Recently, many things happened (or did not happen) that made me reconsider the direction my life has taken. If I somehow manage to, I will try to put a couple of games out there in the next year.
Pixelmancer
Level 0

I make games...and stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8165 on: December 19, 2014, 12:59:33 PM »

Hello, my name is Pixelmancer and I'm a new game developer.

I am addicted to tea, graphic t-shirts, and local multiplayer. I also run GameDev Secret Santa (gamedevchristmas.tumblr.com) and Video Game Art Styles (@VGartstyles).

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
   Coffee
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 01:17:00 PM by Pixelmancer » Logged

\\\"My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.\\\"
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8166 on: December 21, 2014, 08:23:20 AM »

Howdy, I'm Brian!

Programmer by trade. I've been working professionally in games for about 7 years now - first as an engine developer and more recently in mobile. Been working independently for even longer, releasing games on PC and XBLIG and mobile. Part-time I teach game design & programming at a local community college, which is good fun. Used to run the 72 Hour Game Dev Competition, but that's been defunct for a while now.

I've taken a shining to Unity, so that's my tool of choice these days. Comfortable with many programming languages, though currently most of my life is spent in Obj-C, C++ and C#.

Trying to be more active with community involvement, hence joining up here. Plus it'd be awesome to meet a creative partner or two.

Currently working on a minimalist turn-based strategy game. Not quite ready to show off, but I'll start a dev log when it's there.

Kwid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8167 on: December 21, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

Greetings.

I, Matt Kwid, like to play and write indie games and my wife Maria is an avid casual gamer and writer that helps me design them.

Here is what we got cooking atm.

- The Gordian Knot -

Windwalker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: December 22, 2014, 04:15:44 AM »

Hello all, I am Wind! Been coding in c# in the past, moved to indie game developing with construct 2, made a couple games, published only one yet so far, a couple more are on the way. Wanted to jump onto the ride on TIG forums. I had been following it for quite some time now but didn't feel like having the right to join, but now we have a game where I was the developer so I can join and generally be annoying around Smiley

Here is what we made and what made us decide to join tig:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mgdesign.hundred
GameC
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8169 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:18 AM »

Tom here!

Indie dev from Northern Norway, Alta. (Where the reindeer lives!). Started my it-career after getting a C64 as a present from my parents back in 1988.
We´re also trying to get some publicity regarding our game development and releases as many others, so joining the TIGForums seems like a good idea!
Will post some info regarding our new 2D retro "schmup" mobile game after my introduction post Smiley

My skills; I do gfx, music, and soundefx + level construction and bug- testing and promo!

Check out our tweets here;  
https://twitter.com/gamechangeras

Happy to join! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:41:15 PM by GameC » Logged

jjhaggar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8170 on: December 22, 2014, 03:43:06 PM »

Hi all :)

I'm Juan Jesus (JJHaggar), I'm from Cadiz (Spain) and I've loved video games forever.

My first contact with VG was when my parents bought my sister and me an Atari with a multi-game cartridge. I was very young, so I can't remember very well which one I played first, but I definitely loved most of them :)

The first game I played was on an arcade was a Turrican-like one, it was in a snack bar, after a familiar party and I only played for some minutes, but the graphics music and sound blew my mind. It was

, from Data East, I didn't found its name until recently, and I was very happy when I found it because I had little but really good memories from it.

The first arcade game I finished with a credit (25 pesetas XD) was Double Dragon, it was amazing, the final boss with a machinegun and the fight against your own brother was something really unexpected for me at my tender age back then.

This game clearly hooked me with beat-em up genre, and I continued playing them as much as I could. It was the golden era of arcade video games, and the following titles amazed us all more and more, Double Dragon 2, Golden Axe, Altered Beast, BadDudes vs Dragon Ninja, Two Crude Dudes, TMNT, Final Fight (as you can see from my nick, I liked this one a lot XD) and many many more.

I got then an Amstrad PC 2086 (sadly without hard disk, just 3'5 floppy dones) and some games, Monkey Island, Loom, Prince of Persia, Golden Axe, Double Dragon 1 & 2... they were good times :D

After that I got a Super Nintendo, and wow, just wow... I loved so much games from that console that I couldn't even start a top list (well I could, but it would be a very long one XD).

At that time some friends and me started to gather all the console systems and games we could, Master System, NES, MegaDrive, and so on. The conversions of Street Fighter for SNES and MDrive had us hooked for years (by training everyday we got to be quite good in fact, we won all the SF tournaments back then of our city, that's how we got money to buy all those consoles and games XD)

High school ended and I had to reduce my gaming time, then I went to college and studied psychology, and after some years I graduated... and finally saw that maybe I should have studied IT to make games ^^U but... Whatever XD

Inspired by some friends and some indie developers, I finally made my mind, studied a programming course of 2 years and my final project was, of course, a video game (some kind of ugly Final Fantasy Tactics game made in HTML5 with zombies involved XD).

Then some go player friends and I come together and tried to start making games for a living, we founded MadGearGames and here we are, trying to make our dreams true :)

P.S: Sorry about my sometimes akward English ^^U

Homepage: www.madgeargames.com
DevLog: A Hole New World (yes, "Hole", not "Whole" XD)
Twitter: @JJHaggar

Soon on Steam! https://goo.gl/vOcpdq  :D
Galactical Octopus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: December 23, 2014, 05:28:39 PM »

Hi Guys, I'm a friendly Octopus from Portugal / Pluto / outer space. Currently, I'm studying Arts, Multimedia Art to be more precise. I love games and I always wanted to do my own. My childhood games were Pokémon Yellow and the almighty The Legend of Zelda - Oracle of Seasons (so many good memories). I'm not only an Octopus, as I'm also a dedicated fan of the extreme and poetic sounds of metal and hardcore music (and I also enjoy jazz!). Here's some of the bands that I've seen live: Meshuggah (the first band I've seen live), The Ocean, Shining (nor), Scott Kelly and The Road Home (a life changing experience), Fallujah, etc... the list goes on. Lets see... more stuff about me - I'm addicted to Game of Thrones and to Doctor Who (yay! I'm a Whovian!). I believe that's all I've got to say. xD
KaleidoGames
Level 0

Making awesome games for real gamers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8172 on: December 24, 2014, 02:27:24 AM »

Hi there!

I am Jaime (Spanish) and I develop as KaleidoGames.  PC games (and more) with retro games playability in mind. A few months ago we released our first game. A shmup with strong influence from Amiga games where you can play Arcade mode, and it is really perfect for all of those machines.

My favourite shmup games are Ikaruga, Parodius Da, ProjectX , Mars Matrix and that kind of crazy shmup games.
That's why I make more of those. It is my first post I will not talk about them yet. Gentleman

I am very glad to be here with you guys. Make games for actual systems with old school feeling to be enjoyed at home with good arcade controllers.

Kind regards, and thanks for accepting us in the community, you will have fun with our games and I will have fun with yours!
 My Word!

Take a look at:

Visit our site for more games:
KaleidoGames
savethejets
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8173 on: December 24, 2014, 07:55:43 AM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Kyle I'm from Calgary Canada.

I've been making games for a while and before that I was big into the UT mod and even before that I was big into the Games Factory.

Right now I'm doing all my code, music and art.

I've released a few iOS games, and have taken part in every Ludum Dare since 24.

I have a few games up here...
www.codeherdstudios.com

Cheers!

Twitter: @Savethejets
renauddmarshall
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8174 on: December 27, 2014, 04:22:18 AM »

Hello all!

My name is Renaud D Marshall. I'm from the all over the USA and am currently serving in the USAF in South Korea.

I've been taking a look at what is going on here and wanted to join the community here as I grow as a game developer. I'm very early on in the process but I hope to be sharing more about what I'm working on soon. It is pretty late here so I will keep this short, but expect to see more from me soon-ish.

Nice to meet you all, and I'll be checking out some of the awesome games you all are working on!
AlucardX60
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8175 on: December 27, 2014, 11:14:58 PM »

Hello I'm Caleb Evans also known as AlucardX60. I'm the artist for the small indie triplet Pixel^3.

I've been playing games since I could hold a controller, a lot of SMB.3, and SMW and Castlevania SotN with my dad. Cave Story was probably the game that introduced me to indie games, as I'm sure most can relate.

I got into game development when I saw a forum friend make a basic top-down block puzzle game that was fun to play but was full of programmer art and I had started getting into pixel art and asked if he wanted to make a game with me and the rest is recorded in the annals of history.

We've only made prototypes and small games for Ludum Dare so far but I feel we're getting into the groove of things.

A recent-ish mockup for those curious of my art abilities.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:37:51 PM by AlucardX60 » Logged
canary40
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8176 on: December 28, 2014, 02:41:51 PM »

GREETINGS Gentleman
I'm CANARY40. Also known as canary40.
I am a fellow game developer who likes playing all kinds of games!
I'm partial to the single player ones as well as competitive multiplayer games, perhaps due to my first games being among the classics such as Digger, Doom/Quake.

I just graduated from university and am now just doing some dev on the side while I figure things out. The only game I've ever completed apart from jams is this humble offering here >> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/619919. You just shoot rocks that fall from the sky like the game Red, if you've ever played it.

I'm pretty much only know how to code and only recently started dabbling more in the design aspects of games. I've frequented tigsource for a quite a while now, but I'm not avid poster...

Please treat me well Panda
grayger
Level 0

I am a Game

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8177 on: December 28, 2014, 06:10:29 PM »

I am grayger, developer at iamagame.com

I made some flash games(Jumpless, Conveyor, Snake Runaway...) and mobile games(Little Big City, TapSpace ....)

Nice to meet you.

spanko_at_large
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8178 on: December 28, 2014, 10:12:54 PM »

Hi, my name is Xavier and this is my obligatory introduction in the obligatory introduce yourself thread.
I am a programmer and aspiring artist who has been developing indie games for some time now.  Wizard

Sapient Studios is the name of my one man show.  I have a couple games, some not worth seeing, some freelance.  But my latest game in development is called CIPHER!  Here is a screen shot....

It is a unique puzzle game for iOS and eventually android still in its prototype stages. Much more to come.  Hope to make some good contributions.

SapientStudios.net
Uncle Scotty
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8179 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:13 AM »

Hi, my name is Kevin Afanasiff and I've been making games with Unity since January 2013 under the label Anachronic Designs. My developer blog/website is anachronicdesigns.com. I use pixelartor.com for drawing on PC and Let's 8 Bit on Android, pixlr.com for graphic design, Audacity for audio editing, and Caustic (very occasionally) for making music.

Making games is something I wanted to do for many years. After completing a Software Development certificate from BCIT in Vancouver in 2012, I taught myself how to use Unity which started my side "career" as an indie developer. I also work as a ghost-writer/editor to pay the bills, which I've been doing for about 8 years. The majority of games I've made have been for Android and published on Google Play, although I have also released a few games for Windows Phone. My first mobile game was called Sad Paddle, then I made a memory game called Tweek, a spelling game called Twerp, and a mini-game collection called Anachron's Arcade. Over the last two years I also competed in three Ludum Dare game jams (Gifts Galore!, Put A Word On It, and Got Time For That), made a PC game called Rogue Story for the 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest, and a game called Too Many Fans for the Gamejolt Indies Vs. PewDiePie contest.

I grew up playing PC games, and my earliest gaming memories are of Zork, Janitor Joe, Captain Comic, and playing the Space Quest series with my dad in our basement. I have very fond memories of other Sierra and Dynamix classics like the Quest for Glory series and Stellar 7, as well as many shareware titles, and space "sims" like X-Wing, Tie Fighter, and Wing Commander Privateer. When my friends got Nintendo and Sega Genesis consoles I got a Turbo Graphx 16, and still have a soft-spot in my heart for the Neutopia games and Dungeon Explorer, among others. I became an avid CRPG player in my teens, and have played all the Elder Scrolls games since Arena. The Dark Sun games are some of my best role-playing memories. I played Doom, Heretic, and Quake multiplayer in high-school, but for some reason I never got into MMOs. As I got older I became obsessed with strategy games, and lost countless hours to the HOMM and Total War games in my 20s. I gravitate towards single-player games, because for me gaming has always been an escape from social interaction. In recent years, however, I have made some great local multiplayer memories playing Guitar Hero and Rockband with friends, as well as Nintendo classics like Mario Kart and Street Fighter.

In the future I hope to play many adventure games together with my son, Bowen, who was born just a few weeks ago. Being a new dad, husband, and part-time game developer doesn't leave much time for playing games anymore. I hope that I will have more time for playing games if and when my indie development leads to a commercial success, and I can move into that role full-time instead of spending my days writing/editing for cash. The time that I have had for gaming in the last year has mostly been put in Android games, and I often load up The Pinball Arcade or Zen Pinball on my tablet. I have also been known to play the occasional game of Word Hero, Wordament, and Snap Attack.  My wife and I often play word games before bed, especially 7 Words and Bonza, and we also recently played Monument Valley together. When I'm not gaming I can often be found mountain or road biking around Vancouver. I have a long history of working in the cycling industry in BC and Alberta, Canada.

I hope to use TIGSource to keep a devlog for my latest mobile project, called Uncle Scotty's Arcade At The End Of The Universe (AATEOTU), and to write about some of the challenges of Unity development, particularly the integration of asset store middleware. I also hope to discuss some of the lessons I've learned from past projects, and how they contribute to my current development goals. Finally, I will discuss some of the difficulties and successes I've had with the publishing side of the business, including marketing and distribution. Hopefully the devlog will be interesting and educational for other indie devs, and help promote some interest in AATEOTU.

Thanks for listening!  Toast Right

Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic