Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:36:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953405 times)
Chaoseiro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8220 on: January 14, 2015, 04:25:08 PM »

Hey guys Smiley

I am from Brazil, and recently (a year ago) graduated from college (game design course).

I've been introduced to games by the "Mega Drive" (Sega Genesis), played sonic a lot in it Tongue
My friends had SNES and Game Boy, and I was lucky enough for them to let me play super mario series and pokemon in it :D
After that, I kind of became a "nintendist", playing mainly rented games for N64, GC, Wii and their handheld counterparts, now owning both 3DS and Wii U (and not needing to rent games nor pirate anymore yay!), as well as having a time as MMO player.

As you can imagine, I skipped some great games on the playstation, but I am trying to play them on emulator.

Right now, me and my friend are trying to make games through our own small company, having only two android games published and many unfinished projects for both pc and mobile (mainly 'interesting' college projects and jam games).

As a mix of programmer and game designer, I hope to learn a lot more and maybe give back to the community when possible Smiley

Making Games Like A Sir!
X-UniTMX, a Tiled TMX Importer for Unity3D
X-UniTMX Forum
IonForceStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8221 on: January 15, 2015, 05:45:05 AM »

Hi guys,

My name is Michał and I am from Poland.

I am part of IonForce Studio, indie developer from Poland.

imthou
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: January 15, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »

Hi!
   I'm Tim and I'm a programmer for our game Viking Remix Madness. I grew up playing NES and owned many of the SEGA consoles. I love retro games and I've always thought about creating a game. My background is actually a little bit weird because I have no computer science background or experience in programming. I just started picking it up after several years of pursuing a career in medicine. Now my primary goal is to release our game in Q1 of 2015.

Cheers!
jacketpotatoe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8223 on: January 15, 2015, 04:43:26 PM »

Hey all!

I'm on the team for The Last Phoenix, an aerial combat adventure game. We just launched our Kickstarter and we're very excited to get the word out about it! I'm from Canada, and have worked in media for nearly a decade now in one capacity or another. My favorite console of all time will always be the Sega Dreamcast, and I'm a sucker for Sonic the Hedgehog games. I still hold out very unnatural and misguided hope that one day we will see the third iteration in the Shenmue series. Other than that, I like NFL Football and my favorite Rocky movie is Rocky 6. Nice to meet you all!
MurmuringDepths
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8224 on: January 15, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »

Hi everyone, long time lurker and hobbyist game dev - looking to move on to bigger things!

When something interesting happens, you'll be sure to hear about it here!
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8225 on: January 16, 2015, 05:30:48 AM »

Hey guys, my name's Li Boar and I'm the artist/writer designer/whatever else is needed for our little three-strong  game studio called Stuck In Attic. That's me below.

It's an old selfportrait. Also my ears aren't really that big.

Our current project is a Lucas-style point and click adventure called Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure. You can keep an Blink on our devlog, and also here's the pitch.

Hail Cthulhu.

Meguido
Level 0

Developer/Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8226 on: January 17, 2015, 06:21:48 AM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Dani. I'm the co-founder of Fatbros (a small group of only two brothers so yeah we both are the Co-founders Tongue) and mainly the programmer of our games.
Yeah i don't have other hobbies (except from playing 1/2 hours almost every day) because i spend all of my time try to learn the engines i'm working with while listening to OST music (yeah i love OSTs from games, movies, tv series, animes, etc Tongue).

Since long time ago i've been working with different game engines: RPG Maker 98, Pro, 2003, XP, VX Ace, Game Maker 6, 7, 8, 8.1, Studio, Unity Free, UDK and lately with UE4 but to be honest I didn't made much of them. Most of the work i've been doing were just prototypes or projects that got cancelled upon finishing all the base programming... so yeah i've been losing my time xD. I don't know why but i feel more confortable  doing some programming, ie writing some lines of code than doing some 2D/3D designing, modelling or writing story/backgrounds documents, etc. This is why i decided to be focused on programming but this doesn't mean I'm good at it  Durr...?. Even then i'm in love with RGSS3, GML and Blueprint (hopefully i'll be in love with C++ soon  Tears of Joy)
So, some time ago we decided to take it more seriously and try to make out our job from this.
Here we are now, working on 2 titles:
A Punishment for Mai - RPG Maker VXAce (will have a proper topic later in here hopefully)
"Project Aly" - Unreal Engine 4 (yet TBA with an official name and such will take a bit longer to get its proper topic sorry)

This being said, i'll add i don't have any photo of mine so sorry i can't show myself  Facepalm. So apart from here and the projects' topics we make, you, of course can reach us on those typical social webs:
twitter, facebook, google+, tumblr, indiedb, maybe some other coming soon?  Cry

Nice to meet you everyone Wink

"sic parvis magna"
@Meguido
Working on a 2D Thriller-Action-RPG Game:
Info
Mallot1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8227 on: January 18, 2015, 11:47:55 AM »

Hello, I am Mallot1 and I like to make games. Some of my favorite games to play are Team Fortress 2, Lilt Line, and Retro City Rampage. I hope to see you all around the forum and play all your great games and have you play mine. See you around!  Grin Beer!

My game development blog is http://www.mallot1development.wordpress.com

Person 1: What should we do today?

Person 2: I know, lets make games!

Game Development Blog: http://www.mallot1development.wordpress.com

GameGrape Studios: http://www.gamegrapestudios.wordpress.com
illdiewithoutpi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: January 18, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »

Hey! My name is Adam, and online I go by illdiewithoutpi. I actually memorized pi to about the 200th decimal a few years ago, but I've forgotten most of it by now.
Anyway, I've been making small games for a few years in game maker (though I haven't been posting them anywhere). I really enjoy programming and playing games that I've made, and I hope that everyone else will enjoy playing them too.
:D
richardatlas
Level 0

Clever Endeavour Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8229 on: January 19, 2015, 10:19:23 AM »

Hi everyone! I've actually posted a couple of times in other threads, but haven't introduced myself yet. Well, here I am! I'm Richard, and I'm one of the co-founders of Clever Endeavour Games. We're a small studio from Montreal, Canada, and we're working on a game called Ultimate Chicken Horse. Hopefully you'll be seeing it around soon!

I have a mechanical engineering background, but after working for about a year in engineering, I decided to go ahead and start this company. I found two people, a programmer and an artist, and we got started together. I handle business development, social media / PR, game design, and level design. We all do quite a lot, and things are getting serious!

I've always been interested in games, and interested in design. I think games are the truest and best interactive art form, and I like the blend of art and tech.

Anyway, aloha everyone  Grin

@ClevEndeavGames
JashLaviu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: January 19, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

Hello people! I think I'm "late to the party", but whatever.

I'm a noobish game developer who wants to learn and make better games. This year is a new starting point in my life for personal reasons, so I'm enthusiastic about doing what I love to do! Make games!

I started making games a year ago, those games never saw the sun's light. Two months ago, I started to be more "serius" about game development, and I released two games.

Anyways, I don't usually participate in forums/communities, so I hope I can fit in here.

Thanks for reading, and good luck!

Remember nobody is born knowing!  Twitter @JashLaviu

verdantpixel
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: January 19, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »

Hi guys!,

My name is Afifudin Mahdan, I'm a programmer from Elven Games, an indie game studio from Surabaya, Indonesia.

Cheers! Coffee
BananasGoMoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: January 19, 2015, 06:02:49 PM »

Hi guys,

My name is Gabe and I have recently started working on a game with my friend. I may end up posting here more later about it when it gets a bit further along.

-BGM
tupperwarespoon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8233 on: January 19, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »

Hey Everybody,

My name is David Jenkinson and I'm one half of Duct Tape Games, indies from Melbourne.

I'd say I'm firstly a designer and programmer, but I've been acting as a bit of everything recently, which I guess is par for the course of an indie developer.

We've just finished our second commercial release, and whilst our game-making skills have come along leaps and bounds our telling-people-about-our-games skills are definitely lacking, so for our next project we'll be doing weekly blogs, giving out early builds for playtesting and generally just being a lot more open with our process.

So if all goes well you will be sick of me in a years time  Grin

A little about me, I'm 26 and a new dad, my son Owen is now 10 months old and doing all sorts of new and crazy stuff everyday. I studied games at Swinburne University for 3 years and since then I've worked on countless small prototypes, taught myself to code and 3d model(the course was only about design). I work fours days a week in a call center for a bank, and basically cram every other second into game dev.

In terms of games I play, basically a strategy junkie, things like Civ and total war, currently lost in Endless Legend. Play a lot of different genres though, my favourite game ever would have to be Deus Ex, anything that lets me get into a world and start imagining stories within it gets a tick from me.

Anyway, our website is www.ducttapegames.com which has got links for all of our creations, I look forward to getting amongst this community.

David Jenkinson, Duct Tape Games
radik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8234 on: January 20, 2015, 06:59:28 AM »

Hi guys!

I'm Radik from Elven Games!
Like to cook and creating games.
Love FPS and really want to resurrect Dino Crisis 1.

Have a nice day Coffee

dheart88
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8235 on: January 20, 2015, 08:12:26 AM »

My name is Assaji Tjahjadi, from Indonesia. I join few forum and use dheart88 as my nickname
dheart88 is sounds strange to some people, it was taken from Heart of the darkness (ps1) and it's been my nickname since 2001
when I'm older I just realized I picked a not so cool nickname.. lol

I'm a programmer and game composer. here is my music page: . I'm not a game music composer for living, but just a hobbyist. here is the page www.reverbnation.com/assajitjahjadi/songs

as a gamer, I really like FPS, brawler and platformer games, but honestly I haven't made any games on those genre Smiley

back then in 2010, I decided to work in game industry after I graduate, so I made a game with c++/openGL with libnds

but it was hard to find a job that time, there isn't many game studio here, so I worked as freelance programmer, later in 2011 I got a job for flash game studio, since then I'm making flash games

FGL: dheart88
twitter: dheart88
linkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=228063420
vilhelmenator
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8236 on: January 20, 2015, 10:16:08 AM »

Hi,

My name is Vilhelm Sævarsson and I am working on my first game project in my spare time. Before that, I was a tools and graphics programmer for CCP, working on EVE-Online for 7.5 years.

I have been an artist since I was a child, a musician since I was a teenager and a programmer for most of my adult life. I have been keeping a developer log for my game project which can be found here. I started the project over a year ago, and am only now preparing to let people test and hopefully give me some feedback on it.

I have a lot of experience in 3D graphics, programming, using 2D and 3D content creation tools and making music. So building games feels very natural and rewarding.

As far as games go, I love puzzle and adventure games.

Hope to see some interesting things around here.

Tata.
FareProduction
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: January 20, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »

Name: Josh Hurley
Work a full time job, and do game development and producing with my free time with a friend. We are a team of 2 beginner developers running Fare Productions

I welcome all criticism and advice. And never turn down help when offered. Any chance I get to learn I take it.

I have a full family, Wife, son, Kid on the way, and a dog. so finding free time between them and my job to build games is a small struggle. but I make it work.

I love RTS games, and Tactical games. Shooters are great as well, not a big fan of sports games. just to bland for my taste.

But give me some command and conquer and I'm down, well the old school stuff, not this new mother ship that spits out units crap with a unit cap.

I love the old style, build a huge ass base, and steamroll the enemy with an army that is completely not needed, but you do it because you can. LOL
Hapiel
Level 0

Pixel artist - OPP project

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8238 on: January 20, 2015, 11:34:27 AM »

My name is Daniel

I am a circus performer and pixel artist from the Netherlands

As a kid I wanted to create games, but obviously never finished something except for a .tk website, ha

Now I finally take my own steps to try and create a game. There is this project, DropBoy, I have been wanting to make for years, and several programmers gave it a shot over time but none of them finished. Maybe I can do it better myself?

Also, I am organising a huge open licensed pixel platformer tile and spriteset, called the OPP. You should check it out

Ciao

Check out the Open Pixel Project, public domain quality tiles and sprites collaboration :D

Also, my game: DropBoy
lrasomattos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8239 on: January 20, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »

Hello!

I'm Lucas Mattos, from Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

Different from many here (I think), my first contacts and passion for video games came through the computer, instead of video games consoles. My father used to sell computers and we always had access to some good hardware. Consoles though, I just came to play some Playstation 1 in my uncle's house when I was a little bit older. Thus, strategy and simulation were in top of my list. It took me a time to fall for RPG, but it inevitably happened.

When the time came that I would have to choose a profession to try for (and in Brazilian universities system it happens kind of soon in life, since we have very fixed courses to take and no Majors and Minors options) it was very hard for me. I wanted many things, I'd like to go for arts, music, engeneering, biologics, computers.. so I chose everything. Developing games was the only way to be in contact with all of that. I chose the two I had the feeling I could handle well and started Computer Science and Arts (Graphics Design) courses. I couldn't handle both at the same time though, so after the first term I chose the one I loved the most.. that was 6 years ago and now I have a degree from UFMG in Computer Siences.

My degree made programing my main activity, but luckly indie game dev forces us to do much more then what we know how to do, and I've been having lots of fun with arts (mostly pixel art for our last game), game design, level design, and so on (not music, unfortunately I don't think I would be able to handle that).

Today I would say I'm addicted for developing games, it's even better then playing them. And I know that many will agree with that, sometimes I have to force myself to stop deving a bit and starting playing random games, because I know it's important (as a developer), and it is a pleasure too (just like any other addictive activity, it makes you forget about how good other activities might be).

I have now started a micro studio with a friend, and we've been working for some months with no income at all. We're really looking forward to launching our first game soon. Our studio is our plan A for now. But plans B, C and D all include game dev, so I'm not afraid.

Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic