Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:13:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953032 times)
torbak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8640 on: June 02, 2015, 03:52:55 AM »

My name is Michele Agosteo I am a former professional game artist who became and indie developer.

My indie adventure start producing a 3D space game for iOS, a big idea with a too small budget and with a programmer for only two months.
Now I am working on an inusual and foolish strategy text game for Android I working on almost alone.
And at the same time I am working on another foolish concept xD
voldan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8641 on: June 02, 2015, 07:44:50 AM »

Hello!

My name is Volodymyr Danchenko. I am an indie game developer  Hand Any Key Smiley Hand Joystick from Ukraine.

26.05.15 I released my first game - Color Chemistry http://www.indiedb.com/games/color-chemistry
It's available at http://voldan.itch.io/color-chemistry , demo version is available too.

It's a colorful brain teasing puzzle game for PC.
10.06.15 it will be released at Desura http://www.desura.com/games/color-chemistry

Hope You will like my games, made and future. Always open for feedback and ideas how to make games better. Smiley

Yours sincerely,
voldan

owngames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: June 03, 2015, 06:30:11 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Own Games, an indie game developer based in Bandung.
We started developing games on late 2011, here's our store link, feel free to visit  Grin
iOS: http:/bit.ly/OwniOS
Android: http://bit.ly/OwnGPlay
WP 8: http://bit.ly/OwnWP

If you have any suggestion, comments, or critiques, please feel free to contact me.
Cheers! Beer!

Own Games - Indie Developer
iOS: http://bit.ly/OwniOS
Android: http://bit.ly/OwnGPlay
WP 8: http://bit.ly/OwnWP
===================
KennethReady
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: June 03, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Ken and I have been working on my first game for the past year. I just started my Steam Greenlight campaign and I'm pretty excited about it.

My game is called Ares Omega. Ares Omega is a top-down shooter with RPG and rogue-like elements. It offers high replay value with procedurally generated levels, character progression, over 50 different weapons to unlock, and secret areas to find and explore. You play a cybernetically enhanced soldier that is tasked with destroying the robot rebellion on Mars.

Here is the link to the Greenlight trailer.

Greenlight page for Ares Omega
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=453846920

and my official website for more info on the game is www.aresomega.com

Thanks for taking a look!
pad120
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: June 03, 2015, 11:57:50 PM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Phillip and I am a game designer, entrepreneur and wanna be publisher. I live in Sydney Australia. Horrible programmer and artist but ill be damned if I can't design a great game!

Look forward to speaking with you all Smiley 
Bahototh
Level 1

Design, Pixels & Art

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8645 on: June 04, 2015, 04:52:03 AM »

Hi,

I am an artist and an aspiring game designer.
Love me some 2D pixel stuff and whatnot and so forth.

I'm over at Gamephase (Indie, Finland/Sweden)

Here's an example of the joyful, happy Finnish moodshot:

My pixel blog/portfolio:
www.bahototh.blogspot.fi

-----------------------------------------------------
"An artist cannot fail; it is a success to be one." ~Charles Horton Cooley
---------------------------------------------------
[Thy Sword] https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=48380.0
eliasfrost
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: June 04, 2015, 05:46:26 AM »

Hi! I'm a 23 years old 2D pixel artist and game designer. I work mostly with Construct2 and I'm currently working on a cinematic platformer. Oh and I'm from Sweden. Smiley

andes-neumann
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8647 on: June 04, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »

Heyo,

I'm an artist currently working professionally on educational games by day and dreaming up personal projects by night. I used to make flash games back when it was cool, now just spending time on my art and hoping to someday make a game with Unity. Looking forward to meeting some rad people.

Wyeth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8648 on: June 04, 2015, 11:07:37 PM »

Hello,

This is me:

Just realized I never actually introduced myself here. I mean not that I was ever very active in the forum. I have been lurking for a long while. Mainly to keep track of cool games.

I am a Game Designer / Pixel Artist from Germany.
You can find some of my work right here in the forum (Either a small PORTFOLIO or my current PROJECT)

I am always open for collaboration and despite me being very inactive on this forum I actually made a few friends here (somehow). I intend to be a bit more active now that I got a proper project to work on.

Most of the things I do are related to development. To a fault.

Keen to get to know more people on here.

*************** OP90 - My Current Project *************** Looking for a PixelArtist? ***************
BrandLibel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8649 on: June 05, 2015, 01:15:57 AM »

Hi everyone, been lurking here for a while and been enjoying all the great info.

I'm a programmer / animator, working on mobile and Flash games. I've recently started using Adobe AIR to get Flash games working on Android.

charlesartist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8650 on: June 05, 2015, 07:28:31 AM »

Hi I'm Charles.

I am an artist that has had his work published in the fields of comics, games, commercials and a music video. Most of my work has been in game development and more. I am here mainly to jump into the world of indy game dev with both hands and hopefully land on my feet.

I intend to share my artwork and game development with this forum but I understand I should comment a couple of times, starting here, before I take that step. So be it. Small price to pay to share my creations with you. I just finished the first module of what will be a whole series and I'll post the art and completed games in the Townhall at the appropriate time.

I hope that this forum will be a source of inspiration for me and I hope I will entertain you with cool artwork and cool games along the way.

Will_Data
TIGBaby

Falls into holes whilst making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8651 on: June 05, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »

Hello TIGsource!

My name is Will, and I'm an aspiring game developer, artist, and programmer. I am excited to see the development of other people's projects and to share my own game's growth.

My current project is called Chiggun. It is a game where you play as a chicken who knocks other chickens into hazards. I should be starting a devlog shortly after this post.

Thanks, hope to see you around!

thelongsiege
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:27 AM »

Howdy all!

I'm Monica from Anomaly Studios, an indie game company based in Singapore.

We're currently working on our first game, I'm super stoked!  Cheesy

Anyhoo really glad to be here and part of the community, seey'all around  Smiley
Belforg
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: June 06, 2015, 01:07:02 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Miguel, programmer of the videogame Anima Gate of memories.

We are a team of 3 people working hard in Spain to make a great game ^^
FoldedPixels
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: June 06, 2015, 02:19:48 AM »

Hello, I am a long-time gamer and computer enthusiast who recently decided to try out game development.

Some of the earliest video game memories I have come from playing on an NES clone. Those were the times of 100-in-1 cartridges - some of the titles I remember are (clones of) Excitebike, Galaxian, Super Mario Bros. and a modified version of Battle City. From there on, I moved to a genuine SNES, then N64, then finally the PC.
Most of my gaming actually took place on the PC - it's thanks to games like Age of Empires II and Half Life 2 that I kept on playing.

While I find most games nowadays to be lacking in the "fun factor" that I remember, I think part of this is just that my taste has changed. I decided to give indie development a try - we'll see whether I can create something worth playing.

Horrible_Unicorn
Level 0

HUGS!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8655 on: June 06, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »

Hey everyone,

My name is Eric, and this is me:

Just wanted to come and say hi, heard many a cool indie game can be found here early.

I'm a level designer and producer by trade. I used to work at Relic Entertainment, and WB Games Montreal, but I've since started my own game company. Horrible Unicorn Game Studios, or HUGS, so we can make awesome games unbound from corporate overlords. Now I AM the corporate overlord! Anyway... we're currently working on our first game as a studio, Legacy of the Copper Skies, a 2d action adventure game with some cool new stuff.

I'm new to the Tig forums so be gentle. Smiley

But uh yeah, anyway, hi, nice to be here. Ttyl!
box_of_dirt
Level 0

God will cut you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8656 on: June 06, 2015, 09:04:29 PM »

Hello:

My name is David and I currently live in Baltimore, MD. I've been playing games for many years, but I've always wanted to make my own. I've decided to make the effort to finally start game development instead of keep talking about it as I have done for many years.

I have a fairly respectable collection of SNES and Playstation 1 games. I got a NES top-loader last year and have started building up a collection with that, though there are some major releases I need to grab (e.g.:I don't have Contra or Zelda yet). Apart from games, I have a tendency to amass collections of antiquated physical media. I've got about 400 vinyl records, 100 VHS, 100 audio cassette tapes, hundreds of books, and a typewriter. I try to curate these piles of crap, but they need some serious audits.

I have ideas for games I'm trying to make, but no skills whatsoever. I feel like I have a strong enough vision of what I want to do to be satisfied, if I keep working at it; but I can't draw or make music or code and have only an inkling of the amount of work ahead of me to achieve my game. I heard this was the place to come. Right now I'm working on something with Game Maker, but I'm not familiar with the software. I have two years of computer science education experience, but I decided to switch to English in my third year of college, so I'm kind of rusty with all that stuff.

Right now I'm trying to implement a finite state machine in Game Maker to control player movement, but I've run into an error I can't figure out and I know it's a simple matter of syntax that I am not following. If anyone could point me in the direction of a thread where I could troubleshoot my code, I would really appreciate it. I don't want to just burst on the scene and selfishly create a thread with my problems if there is already a designated place for it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:15:47 PM by redriot » Logged
hoothoot
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8657 on: June 07, 2015, 07:45:39 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Marcus and I live in the south of Sweden. I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, starting out with the first Tomb Raider.

I'm nearly done with a fairly long programming education and now I wish to extend my knowledge in the field of game design. Primarily on a hobby basis though. If any like-minded artist sees this and wants to collaborate, feel free to contact me.

Hope to see you around! Smiley
amnesicpachyderm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8658 on: June 07, 2015, 11:48:16 AM »

Hi everyone!

I've just started to make games as a hobby. I want to practice my programming skills and escape from the mundane stuff I have to do at work! Maybe if things go really well I'll eventually try to make it in the industry but who knows. I have a blog at amnesicpachyderm.net which I'll try to update every once in a while (much easier said than done).

See ya around

-Eric
appina
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8659 on: June 07, 2015, 01:21:14 PM »

Hi everyone, I just browsed through the forum rules and apparently it is a good practice to write here so here I go.

I'm an indie game developer from Finland and I do programming and game design. I have studied programming in an university of applied sciences. I have worked in a couple of game companies and me and a few other people are currently trying to get our own game development company up and running. That's me in a nutshell. This post turned out to be quite self-centered but I guess that's the point of this Grin
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic