Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411515 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 04:26:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952802 times)
turnA
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8680 on: June 12, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »

Hi, I'm Alif from Indonesia. I have been an indie developer for 5 years, especially for web platform (Flash) using Tempa Labs as studio name.
Looking forward to talk and have discussion with all other indie developer here! Smiley
kodosem
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: June 13, 2015, 10:13:16 AM »

Hi everyone,
Dan (Kodosem) here. Gentleman
I've been here browsing the site and forums for a while, but just now created an account to officially be part of the Indie Game Dev community here on the Tigsource forums. From what I've seen so far, I can say that there are many talented people here and their work is very much appreciated. Can't wait to see what new games will pop up.
To those who, like me, are just starting video game development, I wish all the best. Have fun making games. Wink

As far as my personal experience goes, I can say that I've managed to create a few simple platformer games. Nothing special, but I'm proud of myself for actually getting this far. Currently, I'm studying C# and hoping to work on bigger projects in the near future.

Anyways, looking forward to meet you guys  Coffee
Feel free to send me a PM and I'll try to respond back ASAP.
 - Kodosem
Zuurix
« Reply #8682 on: June 13, 2015, 09:11:46 PM »

Hi all, I am guy who likes to call himself indie developer! I develop games using GameMaker: Studio, I'm doing this for almost two years. I have created three games so far, fourth one is still unfinished.

My favorite genre is RPG and all of my games have and will always have strong RPG elements in them.
I have decent imagination and persistence, but I'm bad at making simple games, dialogues, art and I'm not very good programmer.

My goal is to create RPG that I could, without any doubt, call perfect.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 06:30:16 AM by Zuurix » Logged
6Focal
Level 0

Attitude...

View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: June 13, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »

Obligatory it says... so here I go-

I haven't really touched game development much, though I have been drawing and reading for quite a few years now, and currently majoring in interaction design... Though I did learn some actionscript 3 a while back, I've been slapped with the notion that Flash is a dead medium pretty extensively, so I'm turning to proper development forums for some advice~ Hopefully I don't come across as too much of an A-hole in my posts.
wiseman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: June 14, 2015, 10:56:50 PM »

Hi, I'm Wiseman. Professional web-developer constantly trying to slide into game development. Creating software for around 10 years now  Cool
Well, since my moments of fame are ticking - interested in contacting professional 2d and 3d artists and animators.
jhocking
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8685 on: June 16, 2015, 05:06:29 PM »

Apparently I created an account here 5 years ago and forgot about it, so I guess I'm re-introducing myself Gentleman

I'm an experienced game programmer who uses Unity to make mobile games. In fact I've written a book about Unity, called Unity in Action! It's geared toward people who know how to program but are new to Unity and/or game development.

-Joe Hocking | newArteest
Intro book for programmers: Unity in Action
NetprogsGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8686 on: June 17, 2015, 12:03:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm rather new to the game development industry, but I've been working as a professional developer for over 15 years covering all kinds of languages, libraries and systems during that time.

Currently I have been working on a desktop/android 2D RPG for the last year using Java and LibGDX as the graphical library. I'll likely make a post here soon in the DevLogs about my game and the current status. It's very much still in development and still doesn't have a name, but I've been making great progress with it and learning a lot about game development.

In the meantime, if you wish to check out my developer website here it is:

http://www.netprogs.com

Thanks!

Dags
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8687 on: June 18, 2015, 09:46:13 AM »

Hello! I sometimes lurk, but today I thought I'd join.

Games became very important to me quite a while ago. I'm best described as an old choob. What games I have made are very small, and sleep in my hard drive.

It seems unfair that I have to read all 400+ pages of this thread before I can post. That's a joke.
shurita
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8688 on: June 19, 2015, 08:43:24 AM »

Hello! My name is Ramon and I am one of the developers at Astra Game Studio. We have just released our game U-Boats: http://www.uboatsgame.com/
I love all indie games and most of all I love making those. Right now we are struggling with our first commercial experience so here we are.
Big Cow
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8689 on: June 19, 2015, 01:26:55 PM »

Wadup, Tigsource!

I'm Daniel, aka Big Cow. I quit my job a few months ago to focus on indie game development. My focus is on game writing and design. I'm working on a nonlinear narrative point-and-click adventure called The Last Time.
imperialupsilon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8690 on: June 19, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »

Hello

My name is Aaron Lanex and I am an inspiring game developer with a focus on community involvement in the game making process. I am currently working on my first title and I am looking for gaming community members to jump in and help leave your mark on my first game. Wish me luck.
Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8691 on: June 19, 2015, 07:25:04 PM »

Hello!

I've been making games for a little over a year now, and I figured it would be a good idea to make an account here. I'm working on a lot of stuff all the time, and I'll probably end up posting some of it on this forum.

Raven Travel Studios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8692 on: June 20, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »

Hi there,
it's been a long time so i'm introducing myself again Smiley

I'm Paolo and my team is called Raven Travel Studios. We're from Italy and write games for every platform and we're focused on arcade-style genre, actually i'm a passionate retroplayer and i like to preserve the old school schema.

We released two casual games for phones some year ago, and now we're releasing our first "big" game, a Ghouls n Ghost clone called "Cast of the seven godsends", which is a sort of makaimura with seven magic armors that work like as megaman/daimakaimura power up.

Hope to have a nice time here! Smiley
See you around!

Our last run 'n gun action game:

www.castseven.com
NathanielA
Level 0

Working hard to get Himeko Sutori ready

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8693 on: June 20, 2015, 12:16:45 PM »

Hi everyone.  I'm Nathaniel.  I'm the coder/project lead/most other jobs developer on Himeko Sutori, which I will tell you about later so I'm not considered a spammer.  (See?  I even read the forum rules!)  I'm glad to be here.  Seriously.  Let me tell you why:  I've been trying to get more involved in online communities to get more visibility for my game, but some of these places are seriously hardcore.  Like RPG Codex for example.  It's as if those guys do nothing but write essays about RPGs.  I have a job, a family, and I have to split my limited dev time between figuring out new stuff, cranking out content of stuff I've already figured out, and doing totally non-development-related marketing and socialmediaing and everything.  I've taken a quick look around, and I think I'll be more at home here where I think a lot of you are in the same boat.
bestmarkever
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8694 on: June 20, 2015, 01:29:08 PM »

Howdy,

I'm Mark. I'm from Austin, Texas. As a designer I'm a devout believer in feel and minimalism. I got into game design because I wanted to fix the problems in my games and do the things that weren't being done. I stayed because there isn't anything quite like the feeling of watching someone's eyes light up from playing something you made. I hope to one day create something of true lasting value.

See y'all around!

Codex_Steven
Level 0

Community Manager, Codex Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8695 on: June 20, 2015, 08:40:11 PM »

Hi!

I'm Steven, an avid gamer, student of computational physics, and aspiring writer.  I've been supporting independent games for years because I love seeing the development process unfold.

Now I'm the Community Manager at an independent game developer on the verge of releasing our first product, Infinium Strike.

I love talking about games, and even more than talking about them, I love playing them!

My email is in my signature, feel free to reach out!

Steven Pattison
Community Manager, Codex Worlds
[email protected]
http://www.codexworlds.com/

Quote from: Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
BassMakesPaste
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8696 on: June 20, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »

Hey. I'm BassMakesPaste. I've had this account for a very long time without ever really posting. I'm a decent Game Maker user. Most of what I know how to do is with GM8 (I'm not sure what the differences are, to be completely honest), but I have a license to GM Studio because I snapped one up while they were giving them out for free about a year back. I'm no professional and I have no interest in making games for money.

I played around with Gang Garrison for a while, if any of you guys have heard of it. It was second place in one of the contests way way way back. Or first. I don't actually know what it placed. I was only a developer briefly and never actually contributed much to the game. I'm pretty well known over in their neck of the woods.

I've been looking for other things to do. Nothing serious. I don't want to branch out into real programming languages, but I would like to find a project to which I may attach myself. Something with a guy who knows how to draw and animate and another guy who knows how to do sound.

I've had ideas for and about games, but I'm a serial project starter, so nothing ever gets finished.
White_Mouse
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8697 on: June 21, 2015, 04:40:47 PM »

Hello!

I'm White Mouse and I'm an amateur game developer.
I'm 29 and most of that time I wanted to be one, but only the last year was when I finally got to it seriously.

Reasons to join your forum are a bit selfish for me - while spending months coding, I had forgotten the whole marketing part of gamemaking, so I'm running around like a headless chicken across the web, telling people how awesome I and my future game are!

Still looking to become a part of community, though. Getting to know lots of new people sharing my passion is quite a big deal!

Now, forgive me, please, for after my hasty self-introduction I must leave to the Townhall to meet even more people and let them meet my excuse for a game!

Well, at least the rule thread says I can do it after introduction... I didn't miss any important details, right..?

loeiz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8698 on: June 22, 2015, 06:35:59 AM »

Hi

My name is Corentin. I am a french level designer among many other skills needed to develop games.
I am currently working on MacGuffin http://macguffin-game.com/

Very pleased to finally join this network of active creators!
TooKindStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8699 on: June 22, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »

Hey everyone! We are Too Kind Studio,a bunch of geek, fan of Comics, Syfy, fantastic, videogame, pop culture, fantasy… Yeah, pretty much everything Durr...? . We are a small team of passionate (We are just 3) from France working on our project Pankapu: the Dreamkeeper http://www.tookindstudio.com/en/

We can clearly say, videogaming is on our veins, we grow up with it. Whether it be with the commodore 64 on a pirate version of Jump Man or with the super Nintendo and the unforgettable Zelda a Link to the Past, we build our culture around those masterpieces, and we thought that one day it will be our turn to make people dream Wizard

We are a group of friend that use to work together for other companies. However after a couple of time, and when we saw the direction that was taking the gaming industry we decided to become independent.

We were tired of ultra-violent war games, scenarios that fit on a subway ticket and stereotypical characters. We were dreaming of an original universe, sweet characters and a story mixing humor and reflection, it’s why we created Too Kind Studio.

We have been touch by some recent indie games that been released, and we clearly fall in love with this community. Whether it be the graphics ideas of Valdis Story, the animation of Dust, the gameplay of FEZ or even the dynamism of Super Meat Boy, we directly though that is where we wanted to go.

So here we are, making our own game based on the 90’s gameplay, like Metroidvania, Sonic, Donkey Kong and even Final Fantasy, taking some concept of recent indie game, and most of all having fun!

And this is us : Coucou!

JJ

GG

PP

See you soon in the world of dreams!

That’s all Folks!

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic