Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:16:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952887 times)
BruReale
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8700 on: June 22, 2015, 09:08:58 AM »

Hi there! Name's Bruno and i'm working in videogame art and PR and Marketing.
I'm in Team Guazú, doing Samurai Bamboo, and in many other little projects, jam games and more.

That's quite it! See you around!

Game Designer of Chulengo Interactive.

Currently working on Hammer Up!
sfbaystudios
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8701 on: June 22, 2015, 10:43:29 AM »

Hey Everyone!

I'm Andrew, and am all of "S.F. Bay Studios, Inc."!

My first "big" game, The Barbarian (http://www.thebarbariangame.com) is out on iOS now and will be on Steam hopefully very soon (already greenlit).

I'd *LOVE* to make a game like Might & Magic VI/VII/VIII <--- They are still my favorite.  Aside from the Civilization franchise, which is crack to me, so I purposely delete it off my computer so I can't play it.

I'm also working with another killer developer on a new game called Dragon Rider, in the VR world.  It'll be a multi-player arena style game where you ride dragons and fight other players for sky dominance.  Hopefully will work with 2D and Mobile as well.

Lastly, I also produce Game assets for the Unity Asset Store, with my largest and most important project being the Infinity Series of Procedural PBR assets:  http://www.InfinityPBR.com
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:51:52 AM by sfbaystudios » Logged

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8702 on: June 23, 2015, 06:03:57 AM »

Hey TooKindStudio, I like the art style you guys have for yourselves already! Welcome to Tigforums.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
phoenix_rossy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8703 on: June 24, 2015, 12:30:21 AM »

Hi folks, I'm Ross. I've been developing small micro-budget games commercially for around 3-4 years now.

I'm most known for the 'Data Hacker' series of RPGs (Initiation, Corruption Reboot).

I first started designing games when I was... probably around 8-9 years old, but got sidetracked in life (pressures of 'you MUST do things this way) until I finally decided to follow my dreams. Now I'm a successful developer and Publisher!

I currently have eight games in my publishing portfolio, and I offer various services to other developers, including marketing and PR, advising on Kickstarter campaigns and so on, outside of said portfolio.

Anyways, it looks like TiG is where it's at. So here I am. Hopefully I can be of some use, and glean some pearls of wisdom from more experienced developers while I'm here Smiley

EDIT: And apparently I'm a man-baby? Ahaha...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:42:02 AM by phoenix_rossy » Logged

Ross Tunney, Developer/Publisher @ New Reality Games  Official Website
Rubyred
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8704 on: June 24, 2015, 02:03:00 AM »

Hey guys!

I'm Rubyred, Senior Moderator from a Pokemon MMORPG called Pokémon Dawn of Darkness (PDoD). This means I'm not actually a developer myself. My computer skills could fit in anyone's small toe, and talking to the DEV of my game or seeing posts on a forum like this make me feel even more stupid... I really do like gaming though, especially Pokémon games, since they were the first games I ever really played when I was a child.

Currently I'm residing in Japan for my study, but I am from the Netherlands. I love food more than anyone and take naps way too often. You could say I'm a perfect example of a 'lazy person' (and I'm proud).

I'm actually really bad with introductions and I have no idea what else to add... I'm glad to be part of this forum and looking forward to getting to know you all a little better!

Logic can take you from A to B, Imagination can take you anywhere
donom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8705 on: June 24, 2015, 05:36:03 AM »

Hi, I'm a lazy subhuman dropout leeching my parents at 27. I like fun games but I can't play any because I have no money, so I decided I'd make games instead a while ago, but I haven't done anything about it until now.
NathanielA
Level 0

Working hard to get Himeko Sutori ready

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8706 on: June 24, 2015, 01:20:27 PM »

Welcome, all of you very talented developers.  And you too Donom.  Umm.  Good luck with that.
Ivan Khmel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8707 on: June 24, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »

Hi Everyone, my name is Ivan.  Gentleman <-- I kind of look like this guy.
I am an artist. At the moment I lecturer games and game art in a design school. Previously worked as a Generalist Artist in the games industry. Like most of ya'll I enjoy making games. Looking forward to sharing my games, getting feedback.
Also looking forward to play everyone's games and sharing ideas.  Chur

fauwnii
Level 0

Hyah!

View Profile
« Reply #8708 on: June 25, 2015, 04:11:35 AM »

Hi I'm Poppy, I'm a little baby newbie to the game design industry.
I'm currently a first year student at Media Design school, yep yep, that's about it.  Tongue
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8709 on: June 25, 2015, 08:46:35 AM »

Is that a Scott Pilgrim avatar I see?
edit: read the above in an enthusiastic voice because apparently I'm an otter face.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:58:15 PM by ProgramGamer » Logged

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8710 on: June 25, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »

Don't scare people otter face

nbrignol
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8711 on: June 25, 2015, 12:25:53 PM »

Hi everybody,

I am Nicolas, french independant professional web and mobile developer.
In my childhood, I start to play with "Basic" on my Amstrad CPC 464. Since then, I plan to program my own video-game.

After some prototypes and "Ludum dare" to warm me up, I think it's time for me to work on a real game ... soon.
Let's start !

Riitoken
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8712 on: June 25, 2015, 01:42:22 PM »

Hey TIG,

My real name is Ray Bornert.  I have been a professional software engineer since the 80's.  I have been in and around the video game industry since 1992 when John Carmack introduced me to Raven Software.

I sold graphic engines for $40k/per in the early mid 90's - Electronic Arts was one of my customers.

In the mid 90's I pitched a texture mapped cube game and EA basically said, "No PC gamer will pay to look at cubes."  It was the dawn of the 3D shooter era - i.e. Doom and Quake and Unreal, etc.

I started Farcraft™ in 2012 as a research project to understand whether or not there was a trump for Minecraft in the minds of hard-core PC gamers.

Here is a video showing the current state of my research:

I declined to play Minecraft for 2 reasons:
1) There was no auto-run.
2) I could not use my XBox controller.

My major gaming influences for all Farcraft™ development and design are:
1) World of Warcraft (5k+ keyboard hours)
2) Diablo I and II (1k+ keyboard hours)
3) Wing Commander  (100+ keyboard hours)
4) Rogue/Moria/Nethack (100+ keyboard hours)

My motives here on TIG are to talk with other hard-core PC gamers as to whether or not they believe Minecraft can be trumped.

Riitoken

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8713 on: June 25, 2015, 04:41:15 PM »

Riitoken I have bad news for you, you need to do something that not just minecraft does bad, but also most game, and make it 10 times better, farcraft looks like the low mid tiers of project with similar ambition, high tier have mastered voxels so that they look better than polygonal model like http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=46081.msg1151428#msg1151428 that's just one of these project, it also have dynamic water that looks damn good. But then there is also atomontage engine and voxelfarm. You need much more and that won't be voxel at all, because it's solved by now (unless you figure out voxel "skinned" animation). In term of generation I suggest you to go toward storytelling, if you figures out the procedural mass effects then you win and topple minecraft from its throne.

tomislavk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8714 on: June 26, 2015, 01:36:16 AM »

Hi all
My name is Tomislav Kadežabek, from Croatia.
I'm mobile/windows developer, working in Java and C++.
Taxis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8715 on: June 26, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »

Hi!
My name is Antonio from Spain, and I visit this community for quite some years. I have a bachelor of computer engineer, and I like the creative part of the game development like the design and graphics (I'm beginning with the 3D, but I worked with pixels for a long time).

I made some game collaborations in game jams, like this,

and this. And right now I 'm working with some friends in a small arcade game that I want to show to all of you tomorrow.
Hastouki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: June 26, 2015, 01:38:34 PM »

Hey guys! I'm Nick, a software developer from Toronto.

Most of my development career (since 2005) has been spent working in Java/C# (.NET) web app development, from banks to marketers. In the last couple of years, I've quit full time employment and started a small consulting company which is developing applications for various clients. Since most of that work is boring, I've also started developing games, mostly with cocos2d-x (C++) and would like to eventually do that for a living. When I'm not coding, I'm writing/playing/producing music, cooking or exercising, the latter 2 of the list I recommend for every game developer out there.
Vardekrom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: June 27, 2015, 04:14:17 AM »

Hello,

I'm Gabriel, from France, and actually a new amateur in game design (the artistic part of it).

The reason I came here is to gather information and help to create a game UI (HUD and other interfaces), I've started not long ago to draw and I'm willing to improve. And I hope I found the good place for this Smiley
What made me start liking game design is actually minecraft, I started recently to make textures for a server, and because I liked it, I thought of making a bit more of it.

Thanks for welcoming me.
1minded
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: June 27, 2015, 11:48:40 AM »

Hello,

I'm Duane from Austin Texas. Here to help anyone with marketing strategies. I like to make things grow.

No company affiliation. Thanks for starting the platform!
RayRay26
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8719 on: June 27, 2015, 05:23:00 PM »

Hi, I am Aaron Griffin. I make games. And of course play games. I am an experienced user of GameMaker: Studio, and I am learning C#. I live in Georgia with currently no sleeping schedule (that is until college resumes for me). I am a fan of RPGs, and I am making some myself!

The first controller I ever touched was from the SNES. My brother and I used to play Tetris Attack a lot, as well as some Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, and a lot of random obscure SNES games. Now whenever I play with my brother in Tetris Attack, it gets very hectic; we get at least x18 chains and the game ALWAYS lags. Tetris Attack wasn't really much like real Tetris (since it was just a translation of Panel de Pon into the Mario universe).

I got Minecraft when it was relatively unpopular (back in Alpha v1.1.2_01, when it snowed and there was no nether). I grow bored of it, but somehow I am still playing it at least once a month. I pretty much know it from the inside out, although I'm not really a hardcore Minecraft player. In fact, I can't stand playing hardcore mode, especially when the inventory penalty is harsh enough! Cry

I personally find myself to be a PC gamer (even though I play on the New 3DS for some time). The first game I ever played was Hot Wheels Stunt Track Driver on a Windows 98 computer (which I still have!) Speedy Eggbert was a childhood game of mine, although it's a shame I am unable to play it now. However another childhood game I still have that is working and aged well is RollerCoaster Tycoon. I have both expansion packs, and I find myself playing the same parks repeatedly. It's such a long game that it takes quite a while.

These are my three favorite games of all time, in no particular order. To me, these are the kind of games I like to see, although another game series I look up to is Kingdom Hearts. This series was just such a great idea, melding RPG elements with a unique combat system and friggin Disney! My brother played the second one all the time, and he's a big fan of the series. Both of us still await Kingdom Hearts III, which has yet to come out ever since.

Now I find myself programming and designing video games myself. With my best friend 11clock, I formed a team called Guys and a Box (which we later thought it sounded like a shock site, so we changed it to Chronicle Bench). It is currently a team of five at the time I am posting this; we got three programmers (me, 11clock, and Jackabomb) and two graphics artists (Mischa and F1r3w0rks). One of the programmers is also a Mechanical Game Designer (11clock), and one graphics artist is also a composer (F1r3w0rks). I consider myself a wildcard, being able to practically do anything for a video game (albeit not entirely professional at it).

I am currently developing three games:

Although development is very close to finished, my team is still a bit away from making some cash from it. This game is an arcade action rogue-lite oriented around procedural generation and a big variety of content. 11clock is leading the development of this game. I have developed most of the procedural generation, some of the complicated computer graphics, sound design, and various favors that 11clock had me do. Now we're preparing for beta testing.

Coded Universe - So far this is just a formula of ideas, but I am the lead developer for this game. This is a dream game for 11clock and I, and we have been looking forward to making it. The concept I have in mind is that it plays like a mix of Final Fantasy and Mario & Luigi, but this does NOT mean it is going to be solely that mix. The game is going to be battle heavy and although it has a story, all of it can be skipped if the player desires, leaving a game that can be played during a coffee break (we have plans on the game being mobile).

Bond Quest - This is my true dream game. This multiplayer-oriented action RPG is a super massive work-in-progress. This picture above is not even remotely close to what's in store for this game. I don't believe I will be the only one working on this game in the end. Unlike the two games above, this game will be mostly free to play, so I can maximize my audience. The main gimmick of this game is that you can customize everything you see in the game unless it was made by someone else, meaning you can make your own abilities, spells, interface, transformations, stories, whatever! At the moment, the prototype is forming in Game Maker, but due to the engine's restrictive nature I will port to C# later (by that I mean Unity). A Let's Write is in progress where I demonstrate changes in the game and how they were coded. The series is a bit of a learning process to me, and it pretty much gets better each episode.

I've been busy with Earth Overclocked recently, and I don't know how active I will be after this post, but I will try to participate. In the meantime here's some selfish promotion! D:
YouTube channel
Twitter @ArayUltimate
My team Chronicle Bench

Also I am a power user and I like to use three computer monitors. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:28:42 PM by RayRay26 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic