Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:51:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953102 times)
Sladix
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8880 on: August 24, 2015, 05:48:21 AM »

Hi,
My name is Antoine, I'm a French dude living in Nantes (West Coast of France).
Here is how I look after my zombification :

I'm mainly a web developer but also enjoy creating music (Fruity Loops FTW).

My first true love with video games was The Incredibles Machines ! O boi I can't tell how many hours I have spent building nonsense contraptions in this game !

I don't have a particular game type preference, I love to discover new games !

I also prototype ideas from times to times, sometimes with unity, recently more with simple HTML/JS (CreateJS).
You can find my most recent experiments here :
http://sladix.github.io/ (Warning, the only "game" here is VERY silly  Facepalm)

Hope I'll talk to you soon !
tomdominer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: August 24, 2015, 08:59:01 AM »

Hello tigs. My name is Tom Goodchild. I've been working in the industry for over ten years and finally decided to quit working at a large studio to go independent. Not 100% sure that was a great idea, but hey ho, here I am!

Here is a hilarious family selfie:

I've have a long time obsession with video games starting when my brother got a ZX Spectrum for his birthday one year and introduced me to this little guy:

From there, I was mostly a console owner, and not one of the master race. My favourites are all the obvious titles, including most of Miyamoto's 90's output. Everything on the SNES with that "Nintendo Seal of Quality" I think... More recently I've been really taken with Dark Souls, the Walking Dead and Spelunky.

I've started working on a randomly generated top down shooter of sorts. Its kind of a remake of Paradroid, but with bits stolen from Hotline Miami and Spelunky. Its nice to meet you all. I'll be starting a separate blog post about the game soon!
BTSeven
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: August 24, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »

Hi! My name is Matteo Paradisi, and I'm the designer in a little team based in Siena, Italy. Smiley
As you can guess, my nickname is also the name of the team. Grin

Alas I don't have any decent picture of me now, so you have to be satisfied with this:

Yes, I was sleeping. My team-mates are very funny people indeed. Lips Sealed
Anyways, nice to meet you all!

NeightE
Level 0

Visual Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8883 on: August 25, 2015, 01:00:26 AM »

Hi there Smiley

My name is Nat Monney. I'm a concept design/matte painter working for a small company of 4 guys in Switzerland.
Our company is called www.dna-studios.ch

We're currently finishing a mobile game called Antyz. It's kind of something, because we started that project in early 2013.
And it's long... very long haha !

Since more than 10 years, I'm playing video games mostly on my PC, but also Xbox 360, 3DS and smartphone.
I really love RPG games, my favorite are Fallouts, The Witcher, and above all : Mass Effect !

I'm currently playing Ark and The Witcher 3 Addicted

A picture of me while I'm posing like my avatar in our studio logo Tears of Joy

my twitter - @NatMonney
DNA Studios - www.dna-studios.ch
TheRealHero0fWinds
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: August 25, 2015, 04:58:12 PM »

Well hello there!

I am TheRealHeroOfWinds. Don't wanna make too long of a statement, but I may be looking about for some coders for an upcoming project I've had in mind. (The team for this project mostly just consists of some really good spriters.) If you are interested in this throw me a PM.

Well, have a nice day guys! Nice to finally be here Smiley
syntaxerrol
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8885 on: August 26, 2015, 02:45:00 AM »

Hello. My name is Errol. I'm from Sweden and working on a game called summit.
I'm studying to become a mason but started making games about two years ago in Unity with some youtube tutorials. I code and paint pixelart on my spare time.

I Registered here to find help betatesting and see if I can help other people with their games.
Cyril
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:11 PM »

Hello. My name Cyril.
I spent 10 years of my life working for many game companies. Finally I decided to leave my last job, staying home like a hermit for a while, and focusing on my own game title. That is my personal challenge.
I'm here to find some advices and see if I can help other people with their games.
Cheers, Cyril
PorcelainLabs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: August 27, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »

Hey Guys!

We are Porcelain Labs! A two man team from Brisbane, Australia. We have been making games together since we graduated from QANTM College as Game Designers in 2014.

Our current list of projects include BioGloom for Android which can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RichTomato.BioGloom

Snack Attack for iOS and Android which can be found here:
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PorcelainLabs.SnackAttackLite
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/snack-attack-free/id1003597853?mt=8

And our latest game FLOBE which we just released for Android and can be found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PorcelainLabs.Flobe

We hope to continue to make plenty more games in the future! If you happen to play any of our above projects please let us know! We would love to hear what you think! Nice to meet everyone Smiley
Adinimys
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: August 28, 2015, 02:14:27 AM »

Hello everyone  Smiley

My IRL name is Cédric and I'm a french guy living in Alsace (east of France). I just discovered this forum and though that it would be interesting to join as creating game is my main hobby.
I've worked on several project of board games and I experimented working with GameMaker and with Unreal Engine 4 (mainly programming, art is not where I'm the best at  Shrug).

Right now I had the idea of transposing the idea of a card game I had with a friend 4 years ago in a video game. The development of the card game went as far as the first playtests and the feeling of everyone was good about it but it involved to many boring calculations  Facepalm. So the general idea is to let the computer do the boring stuff so that the player can actually enjoin the game.
For that I'm currently working in C++ with SFML and I'm trying to integrate Lua for an easier building of the game.

Nice to meet you all  Grin
tkot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8889 on: August 30, 2015, 10:03:19 PM »

Hi all!

I am Timo aka tkot from Finland, Helsinki capital area.

I got roughly 20 years of professional coding under my belt. Playing and developing games has been my hobby even longer. Getting any games past concept or basic proto seemed always too tough, but just recently, couple of years ago, got myself some help in format of Game Maker Studio. With that, managed to finalize some work and get games in level that can be published to wider audience. For now, it's all one man's show!

You can find my latest just released project Block Rock, physics puzzle game from:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TK.BlockRock
Windows Phone: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=808e8c65-eb3e-46ce-b2e5-f47a67f91a07

See you around!
tkot
victorull
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: August 31, 2015, 05:20:41 AM »

Hello, my name is Victor and I’m 23 years old, Digital games student at PUCPR (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná) in Curitiba, South of Brazil.

I want to follow a career as a game designer. I'm currently working on games using Unity and in some studies of Pacing and Level Design to defend in my master's degree. I love the artistic area, as illustration and concept art. I give me well too with sound effects and soundtracks. The course in college is very dedicated to programming, I get along with some languages but is not my strong (have a good team at my side to help me; D). I have attended three Global Game Jams, and I love the process of creating games in these marathons.
I'm working on a game that is the continuity of the course conclusion project, and I am thrilled because it may be my first game to be released officially.

Thanks, and see you around.(Sorry about my bad english).
hunty
« Reply #8891 on: August 31, 2015, 09:20:47 AM »

Hi everybody. I'm Hunty! I'm a composer and looking to contribute music to indie game projects!

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Music Tech from Belmont University (Nashville, TN), and lots of experience programming from to my career as a software engineer. I recently released a 16-bit album with 21 tracks, and have more to listen to on my Soundcloud. I've got a lot of interest in binaural audio for VR and developing dynamic music systems.

See you all around!
Mariofan0
Level 0

Your Local Nintendo Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: August 31, 2015, 05:58:59 PM »

Hey everyone! How's it going in the indie community.

The nickname is Mariofan0 as you can guess I'm a huge Nintendo Enthusiast, and Game Fanatic.
For those who don't know me (Which is likely all of you.) I've got a huge interest in getting into the game development field. I'm a skilled Level Designer, a decent writer when necessary, I'm great with concepts & Gameplay Mechanics, but I'm not much of a programmer, artist, or composer.

I've messed around with tools like Gamemaker & RPG Maker, and attempted to learn to develop for them at one time. (GML, & Whatnot.) After showing a game I had started developing to a friend he said the game was great and suggested I try to make something outside of just a simple hobby.

For awhile now I've had an idea floating around which I thought could really be amazing if developed by the right team, sadly I don't really have the skills to bring it into motion on my own so I thought I'd see if I couldn't find the necessary help here.

The game I'm interested in developing is sort of a hybrid Fighting/Platformmer (Mostly Platformmer.) with Metrodvaina, and an RPG Leveling System. (Level 5 or 6 being the cap) It stars an Male Anthro Rabbit, with a supporting cast of other Rabbits, and various other anthro animals, and I imagine it being drawn up in an Anime Art style. I haven't really decided much else for certain, and I'll go into details later once I've fleshed got it more fleshed out and presentable.

Outside my interest in game development I do enjoy sitting down and actually playing games, and some of my favorite games like Super Mario Bros. 3 & Sonic 3&K are what inspired me to get into game development, and this is something I've taken interest in since I was very little.

This is me in a nutshell, and its nice to meet you all.

You wanted a signature? Boy I bet you're dissapointed.
onpon4
Level 0

Sharing is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8893 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:58 AM »

I'm onpon4, and I hail from the libre software community. I am a passionate libre software activist, and as such I make a point of never developing, contributing to, or endorsing proprietary software. I also avoid running proprietary software on my computers. Of course, this means I refuse to play most video games, and most of the ones I do play are not exactly popular. I am also a libre culture activist, which means I insist on making all of my cultural works libre as well, though I don't refuse to read, view, or listen to non-libre cultural works, since I think that would be counter-productive and silly.

I'm also a game developer, and have been since around 2008, when I learned to use a well-known proprietary game engine. Of course, I no longer use said proprietary game engine. I now use a libre game engine I'm developing called the SGE Game Engine, which is a library for Python (my preferred language). My website lists the libre games I've developed.

Some of my favorite games include (in no particular order):

- Torus Trooper
- Kobo Deluxe
- Dopewars
- Konquest
- Alex the Allegator 4
- Freeciv
- Freedoom
- Hedgewars
- Warzone 2100
- MegaGlest
- Xonotic
- OpenClonk
- Powermanga
- SuperTuxKart
- Endgame: Singularity
- The Ur-Quan Masters

WavePropagation
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: September 01, 2015, 12:29:07 PM »

Hello!

My name is Joergen and I'm from Sweden. I work as a software developer at a relatively small local firm.

I used to like to play games. But nowadays I prefer to develop them instead. Or rather, the engine behind the games.
ChrisJH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8895 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:08 AM »

Hi Everybody!

I'm Chris and I'm a sound designer from Perth, Australia. http://headaudiodesign.com/

I'm an audio guy (always have been,always will be) and have always had an affinity for the power of musical scores and sound FX in cinema and games ever since I can remember. I love a variety of different styles of games and will never grow out of being a gamer Noir I have 10 or so years experience as an audio engineer working in a recording studio and in live production. I'm a musician and have played in bands for many years as well Smiley

I have been lurking about the forums for a while now and have found it to be very resourceful and full of friendly people and would love to get to know everyone out there.I'm looking to get involved in game jams and productions so don't be a stranger and feel free to drop me a line about your next project.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:42:30 AM by ChrisJH » Logged
Alzon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: September 02, 2015, 05:49:01 AM »

Hello there,   (Life story follows)

So my name is Allan Moore or AJand I'm an alcoholic
Preferably I like people to call me Alzon both here and irl.

I am 24 years old, Born on st Georges day... As such slaying dragons is a past time of mine... I live in Oxfordshire UK in a village not too far from Oxford.  

I like to make games I also like to play them a lot.. but maybe not quite as much as making them.

Originally during my school life I really wanted to get into engineering, however it came towards the end of the my school days and I failed to get a placement anywhere and I was unable to physically travel to any colleges that provided it as a subject. Having to make new plans for my life two of my close friends where going to study a BTEC in IT, considering I already had friends on the course, the ease of accessibility and how I've always been quite tech savvy it seemed like a good alternative to engineering at the time. What really sold it to me in the end was the fact in had a programming module something that truly interested me, and that on the 2 year course there was even a game development module. (Secret child hood dream, being too young to be around when the BBC micro computer existed, when I herd about it when I was little it made my eyes big in my head, being able to just have a computer and have to write everything yourself made me really excited as a kid, but being born in the 90's never had that opportunity)

Anyway carrying on... I don't know when exactly but somewhere during my transition from my school life to college I suddenly knew I really wanted to make games...

As I progressed through my 3 years of study at college, I never planned to go to university, after a severe head injury in 2009 where I fractured my cheekbone and caused some minor brain damage resulting in problems with speech, general English skills and amnesia among other things... Almost immediately after having hit my head I had this revelation that In order to succeed in the world of game development I needed to go to university... as odd as  this may sound I had this thought almost immediately after having waked up after the initial impact.

Because of this during my final year of study at college 2009-2010 I worked extremely hardly in order to bumped my grades up in order to get into university.

Uni Year 1 (foundation year): Programming lessons are a serious joke, easiest year of my life, most coursework done the same day handed out, easily over 70% overall mark at the end of the year... Year of study I read a lot of sciencey books, Make a clone of John Conway's game of life in c# , write random demos in c++, noobie darkbasic and c#, including a half made pixel for pixel clone of space invaders... RTS game mechanic drag select demos,  top down rpg AI Demos. My "first"/second platformer for a university project known as biocrisis(not published) The game is based around a character based off lucas from Mother 3 but redrawn in paint poorly XD. The game was a 2 level demo built in torque 2d featuring general platform mechanics (Moving platforms, floating platforms, gravity switching mechanics, various traps) although the art was mostly from free sources I'm still proud of this game it was made over a 4 day period and turned out really cool.

Uni year 2 I start making a game engine in XNA and c# after several iterations it fails because I don't know what I'm doing but was fun. Work at unis stepped up a little bit, Calculus module learn about matrix maths, line equations, physics and all those wonderful things-although doing well getting around 80% marks I forget a weeks later. 3DS Max Module where everybody including myself make ugly looking high poly scenes and barely even scratch the surface when it comes to 3D content creation and animation (Have more recently homed my skills in blender thank god, learnt my own techniques - I wish someone would have slapped me while at uni). In our C and OpenGl modules I created a poorly written yet nice spider simulation as-well as a solar system simulation, in reflection they both suck. During my spare time in one evening I rolled a simple 'hombrew' app for playstation mobile in order to use my vita as a game controller. Towards the end of second year start writing a game engine in c++ which I plan to use as part as my final year project.

Uni Year 3 Good start to the year engine is going well, although using immediate mode OpenGL, I produced a little 2D demo for my project proposal, demonstrates a player moving across the screen firing flaming rocks upwards, demonstrates particle emitters, scrolling background textures(fog) among other things. In October I start getting extreme pain in abdomen, moving forward to Christmas eve pain still there after a night drinking on Christmas day I am in so much pain and feeling so sick I can barely move. Beginning January still in pain go to doctors, apparently I had appendicitis for over 6 weeks(Survivor) Turns out the pain wasn't just me being a wimp, Have surgery to remove inflamed appendix. (remember saying to the nurse I was struggling to get out of bed in hospital, where her response was pretty much man up you only had your appendix out) Feeling truly manly I walk out of the hospital by myself and return home. Week later am in more pain than before and very ill. After back and forwarding to hospital for some time find myself in hospital for over 2 months deteriorating and infection is nesting in my ilium, Being fed via IV TPN, unable to walk as muscles in legs wasted away, I spent most my time in hospital in too much pain to do anything watching studio ghibli. Infections pretty bad, stop taking paracetimal as it makes me turn head to toe yellow as my liver struggles to cope... My heart was basically starting to fail and though only weighing 47kg 6'2" at the time, had to undergo life saving surgery to remove a mass, turns out I have Crohn's Disease :D, stuck with an ileostomy(Reversed 2 years later Jan 2015). Have to repeat this year of uni, As I spent most of it in hospital.

Uni Year 3 (again) I half arsedly work through the year barely going in and retrieving a first, I do develop my game engine but its not as good as it could have been. Immediate mode basic functionality. Uni lecturer tells me to only go to programming lectures if  there's something I don't know, I'm pretty ahead of the curve, attend 1 lecture, get 92% overall in c++ module.

Celebration First Class Honours in Games Development (Without breaking a sweat) Woo

After having completed uni I looked to try and get in the industry to no avail, manged to land an interview with rebellion in oxford but turns out I'm just not up to scratch yet didn't get the job... I'm not so good at communicating in general, and as I mentioned my speech was effected by head injury in 2009 which makes it really hard for me to articulate my thoughts and I am still an amateur after all. Apart from other things having a bag at the time really didn't help, it just added to the overwhelming anxiety. Anyway as is the usual deal not to divulge to much did the usual programming kinda tests... couldn't really get into the mind set to write some, well rather trivial code... I think I gave up before I started in that sense.

Other than that I haven't really managed to get any other interviews, Just seemed to get turned down left right and center... even for some laughable jobs...

So anyway I've been trying and failing so much over the years I've generally got good at what I do, I may not have the best memory, but I have a dedication to learn and work hard. I have a bad memory, but I'm a hard worker and I really do know my stuff, I have a good underpinning knowledge, I can't work off my own back all the time as these companies expect you to... When I'm working I use my knowledge, Books, google, existing code, and a general well though out and researched solution... I am good at what I do, I don't care if people think over wise. I can come up with a just as good or even better solution using my own means, my own methods and my own development workflow... SO this is why I can't get a job... I'm stupid I get it, Doesn't mean I can't be productive, That I can't learn, I'm always learning. I believe I could do anything having applied my mind to it.

So yes unable to secure a job I'm looking to start releasing my own games and work off my own back, I have a passion for making games and I know I'm good at it. I joined the forum after speaking to some devs over on Game Jolt. I'd really honestly like to meet some new people, make some friends who are just as passionate about games development as myself. Even after having spent 7 years of my life studying I can't say I personally know anyone who actually had a passion for making games. All my friends at uni although being really intelligent guys, they never really applied them self to the field or went out of there way to truly learn to program or get better, So I've always felt on my own, Its a morale breaker.

So now I'm actually slowly developing what I hope will be my first title, taking a game I created for a little game jam on Game Jolt I was looking to improve upon the original game/ Design/ artwork etc... and make a full retail game. So fun times.

If anyone wants to talk dev things...
It would be cool

Thanks For reading my life story,  Coffee

Many Thanks,
Alzon
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:03:27 AM by Alzon » Logged

Alzon
ahmedmohi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: September 03, 2015, 02:24:26 AM »

Hi ,
I'm Ahmed mohi from Egypt , well to sum things up xD I was a mechanical engineer but my passion and love was always for game developing so I finally got chance to switch to game developing world .
I currently co-founded small indie team as part time , and full time job as game developer but hopefully we will quite or job soon to be full time indie xD
I like game design more and try to learn , prototype and test alot.
and at the end it's nice to be here :D .
Flaute
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8898 on: September 03, 2015, 04:33:04 AM »

Hi !

I'm Florent Réfrégé from France, I studied graphic design and now I work as a game designer in a collective of friends, Lance.
We're trying to make games since a year and we made a first little one called Goapow, you can see a video here

Now we are on another game started 6 months ago, I will create a Devlog soon for it. Named Leaden Sky, don't hesitate to take a look !

I come on this forum to receive and give feedbacks on current projects, to exchange on workflow and to MAKE FRIENDS  Corny Laugh !
Some games I particulary love :
Crash Bandicoot which made me like I am.
Deus Ex which made me paranoiac.
Shadow of the Colossus which enlarge your penis.

My dream is to become the next Phil Fish   Gomez

See you soon !
Baroda
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8899 on: September 03, 2015, 05:49:23 AM »

Hi guys

my name is Thomas from Germany, I worked for some indie companies in Europe during the last ten years and I love Suikoden

Gwaah
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic