Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 06:01:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953712 times)
TheCams
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: September 29, 2015, 03:09:40 AM »

Hi,

I've been lurking for a little while, time to introduce myself.
I'm Cams, AAA game programmer during the day, and indie game developer at night.

I usually create my games using my own C++ engine/framework. I'll probably talk/show stuff about it soon.
You can see some of the games I've done for the Ludum Dare here:

http://ludumdare.com/compo/author/thecams/

Cheers!
Greenhawk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8961 on: September 29, 2015, 05:40:34 AM »

Greetings!

My name is Gary Crawford and I'm a indie Game Programmer. I've been programming since I was around 9-10 years old and have really enjoyed my self. I first got into programming when I played the Sega Dream Cast and the original Xbox. Games like Mechassault 2, Donald Duck: Goin' Quakers and more inspired me to make video games in these new creative worlds, in which I'll create. Having the power to do that has always fascinated me,

Anyways, I have a game that I've been developing for about a year and a half now, called Modern Warfare TDS, that I will ost in the playtesting forum soon!
Ariedhan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: September 29, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Adrian, although you may call me Ariedhan. I am a Spanish Game Designer, from the Canary Islands and currently I'm working as an Industrial Engineer through the day and as a Game Developer at night (or when time allows it!)

I have worked in about 9 games, mainly mobile and Game Jams and I am currently working in a bigger project with the people I have met through out my carreer. I am basically an RPG fan, so we are going in that direction but trying to keep it simple as possible while maintaining the fun and the core experience.

I am also one of the organizers of the event "Ludum Dare Gran Canaria" in which we host a place for developers to gather, mix and participate in the diferent Ludum Dares, giving them free food and drinks through the Jam. If you are interested in coming to Gran Canaria and meet other devs, please come! The event is totally free. You can check more info on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456231127971041/?fref=ts

I'm very happy to be a part of this forums and I hope to see good stuff and learn a lot!

See you around!

Game Designer in Tibi Games
Working on:
Sarani
EditinLuv
Level 0

Menace with Grace

View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: September 29, 2015, 02:17:45 PM »

Hello I am Oscar I make Games with my hands.  Embarrassed

Hello again! I live in Guatemala city and try to make games for a living!
I am part of a local group called GameDevGt, here.  We all make games and do a bunch o jams.

Right now i am working on a Cyber Space Shooter called HackDashShoot.

Pretty much spend most of my time making stuff related to Game development, and/or reading Stephen King books to keep me up at night.  I got into shaders recently, i love shaders right now , I guess shaders are awesome.

click to for devlog
Oktal_Studio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8964 on: September 29, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »

Greetings!   Lips Sealed

Oktal Studio is actually just one person - me. Based in Serbia, an architect by training, graphic designer by profession, and a game development noob.
I'm trying my luck and skills with an Android game (whose details I'm just about to post in the Townhall), and hopefully it'll not be my last one  Hand Shake Left Grin Hand Shake Right
Glaxor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8965 on: September 30, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »

My name is Nick Hill. I do answer to Glaxor as well. I'm more of a hobbyist game dev and a web developer for an auto dealer group by day. I don't recall when I first joined this forum, but I've lurked for quite a while. I'm currently in week 6 of a game a week project. I'm using the Phaser engine and all the little games I've made so far are up on my website.
I look forward to participating more actively in this community.

@glaxor on twitter
Sensation
Level 0

@tamburilla

View Profile
« Reply #8966 on: September 30, 2015, 04:47:49 PM »

Hey everyone, my name's Christian. I recently graduated from university studying game design. I've mostly dealt with production, see my limited Portfolio: http://bruxistudios.com/ctamburilla/index.html

I'm part of an indie game studio called Bruxe Studios. We're currently a team of eight and have been developing for two years now. I'm happy to say that we're almost ready to push some products. We'll probably be giving some first peeks here and actively be asking advice. Check out our primary games dev-blog here: beard-dev.tumblr.com

Needless to say there's still a lot to learn, and I'm hoping this forum will help. I'm really hoping to connect with alot of awesome people, so chat me up (:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 04:56:16 PM by Sensation » Logged

Beard-dev.tumblr.com
Dene
Level 0

Fable co-creator, now Fluttermind sole creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8967 on: October 01, 2015, 12:04:55 PM »

Hi folks,

I'm Dene Carter of Fluttermind Ltd. I'm a veteran game dev, having worked as an indie in the 80s, then Bullfrog, Lionhead, and was part of the core team on some fairly old games (Dungeon Keeper and the Fable series).

I went indie in 2009 and since then have had some moderate success - most notably with Incoboto for iOS.

I'm a sole developer these days and do everything myself - music, art, design, coding, marketing and PR. Bleargh. I have been working on a hellishly complicated game called 'BeMuse' for a couple of years, but recently took a break from it to create 'Spellrazor' a faux 1980s shooter that marries Rogue with Defender/Robotron. It's really quite fun, and so I thought it would be a good idea to start sharing it with the community a little more.

I'll be starting a project page for it soon, but wanted to say 'Hi' first.

Hi!

- Dene

pmarincak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8968 on: October 01, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name's Paige Marincak, but you can call me Aoi as well. I'm a software/web/game developer from Ottawa, Canada. I've been doing full-time indie for most of this past year on Gataela, and I've (regrettably) just found out about this site. I'll be posting a devlog about it in a little bit (and poking around to see what other people are up to), but it's nice to meet everyone!

ShadowGangs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8969 on: October 01, 2015, 01:18:24 PM »

Hi everyone;

I am Jack, a professional game programmer for around 15 years now.

I'll be starting a devlog here about the progress of a game I am working on right now.

I work as part of a passionate team, and we are making a demo right now.

If you like Shinobi, Bad dudes vs Dragon Ninja, Shadow Warriors and other great arcade games of the 80's, be sure to follow our progress!.

I present to you: Shadow Gangs.
Please find more here:
http://www.shadowgangs.com/

Visit the game website here: http://www.shadowgangs.com
glitchrstudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8970 on: October 02, 2015, 01:33:34 AM »

Hello guys,

I am Thomas, co-founder of Glitchr Studio, a french indie video games studio.

I mainly work on mobile games for now and maybe we will craft a PC game in the future on Steam Greenlight.

We have released our first game on iOS/Android a week ago, it's called Flydasher. It's a challenging runner game inspired by classic titles like Flappy Bird and Robot Unicorn Attack. Here is a link if you want more infos : http://www.glitchr-studio.com/projects/flydasher/

See ya !
nam1995
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8971 on: October 02, 2015, 06:18:53 AM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Nam, full name as Nam T. Bui. I'm a game designer in training and gameplay consultative from Hanoi, Vietnam. Currently I'm working at Dranya Studio, independent game studio specialized in PC

I've played video games since I was 3-4 and game is running in my blood now. I used to write some articles about game industry (in my native language). Right now, I'm working as the consultative for the first project - Battle Splash (which I'll tell you guys later).

To be honest, I could be one of the first game designer who can't write a program. But hey, everything can be imagined with pens and papers!

Thank you very much for reading this and see you in the next thread!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:02:53 AM by nam1995 » Logged

Shibusuke
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8972 on: October 02, 2015, 07:23:47 AM »

(Oh man, I haven't used a forum in what must be a decade...)

Hi! My name is Keaton, and I run a small start-up called Abyssal Arts (I used to work at Capcom Japan). We're making a tactical RPG/fighting game mashup (tactical brawling!) called "City of the Shroud."

I got started on games when my parents got me a SNES when I was 6. My first game was Harvest Moon, and my second game was Mega Man X (then Chrono Trigger). That is an amazingly accurate summation of the types of games I have played ever since.

We're trying to break new ground with our game design on City of the Shroud, which means there will be all sorts of issues to work out, but I'm hoping that through feedback and iteration we make something truly fun. Hopefully along the way I can be of use to others as well! orz

Lokai
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8973 on: October 02, 2015, 11:43:12 AM »

Hey all! I'm Sean Cargle and I work for Rogue Rocket Games, a small indie game developer out of San Francisco that is made up of about 5-6 people. We are lead by some very talented individuals who have been in the industry 20+ years, especially Nick Bruty who helped create Earthworm Jim, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Armed & Dangerous, and many other classic games. Since we were founded we mostly have worked on mobile games, but we recently had our first PC game (Gunpowder) released on Steam and right now we are working on a significantly larger game called First Wonder, which is a spiritual successor to Giants: Citizen Kabuto and MDK.

One of our fans suggested we jump on over these forums and so far I've just been commenting on random threads about games, but sometime today I'll post an actual Kickstarter post for First Wonder. From what I've seen it looks like a great community and I'll be happy to stick around and talk about games with you all.
NiklasElling
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8974 on: October 04, 2015, 12:54:03 AM »

Hello all
My name is Niklas and I’ve been reading the devlog forums for quite some time before I finally decided to register an account.

I'm 30 years old and have been sculpting and drawing since my early teens. I went to a 2-year vocational education in game art in 2008 to learn 3d-modelling and animation and I've been working as a game art teacher at a local upper secondary school since 2010. During the last 5 years I have also picked up programming (C#, using monogame and unity) and do small experimental projects and the occasional game, alone or with my programming colleague.

You can find some of our projects here: http://jonasniklas.itch.io/
Ramus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8975 on: October 04, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »

Hello! I'm Roan, a 23 year old student from the Netherlands. I've been making (and not finishing >_<) games for about 3 years. I'm mostly self-taught, although I did follow a half-year long game development minor.

I'm currently using Unity to develop a game for my graduation project. Which can be found here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/boarding-action.

I've been playing games since I was around 7. The first "development" experience I had was fooling around with the CryEngine Sandbox Editor 2, when I was 14-ish. I started learning programming seriously when I finished making my first mod, for minecraft. It was fun and motivating to do, in contrast to what I was doing in college. That's when I realised I needed to learn way more about programming to get what I was actually doing and make cooler stuff.

At present I have experience with Java, JavaScript, C#, Unity, Unreal Engine, Maya, Audacity and Photoshop. All ranging from novice to competent.

Korvex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: October 04, 2015, 09:24:18 PM »

Hello! My name is Andrew, but Korvex has been my gamer tag for a long while now so feel free to call me that.

I decided to make an account after reading Derek's guide to Game Maker (which has been quite helpful). I've known of TIGSource since I became interested in indie gaming but I have never joined the forums. Until now!

It's so wonderful to see so many people discussing indie games in a shared space. It's rather hard to explain these passions we have to people outside our group, even to other gamers. After a while, it can make you feel lonely. So when I say I'm glad to be a part of a community that loves indie gaming, I mean it. Feels like home.

How did you get introduced to gaming?

It all started with Crash Bandicoot:

Well, Crash Bandicoot 2 to be exact (I don't know why my father bought me this one before the original). This was my Mario. The first gaming system I owned was the Playstation, so this is how I got introduced to gaming. I also played NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 games during this time as well, so I have a good palette of games in my history. But Crash is where my passion grew and I put in a ton of game hours into this creation.

What are your passions?

Other than gaming, I'm really big into amateur astronomy and music (a bit of playing, but mostly writing). I studied music in college, with some Psychology, so it is a definitely a big part of who I am.

Other game influences:
1. Armored Core (any and all)
2. Fallout 1 and 2
3. Red Alert 2
4. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
5. Kingdom Hearts
6. The Lost Kingdoms
7. Spyro
8. Pokemon
9. Thomas Was Alone
10. Risk of Rain

Good to meet you all!
odrez
Level 0

Hey!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8977 on: October 05, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »

Hey!

I'm odrez and I want to participate in this forum.

I'm currently 25 years old and I'm on my way to becoming a full-time game developer, if everything should go right. I plan to achieve that by working part time and developing on my first commercial game two days a week and on weekends if possible.

I actually already have a game development past in the german rpg maker scene. I was an active member of the community for a long time (since I was twelve years old) and even admin in a smaller forum. Game Dev was always my dream and I did everything to learn what it takes to be able to work in that field - But sadly, germany doesn't have that much to offer in terms of game studios. So I'm on my own and that's ok, it just takes more time.

Since I'm a one-man-show, I can do everything from graphics, to storywriting, coding, music, sounds and server administration. I'm currently working with Unity3d on Linux, Blender, Vim, FL Studio and Linux for servers.

I love playing as much as I love developing. My favorite Games are the Gothic Series, Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, The X-Series, .. This list would be way too long. I try to play as much as possible. Recent games are Life is Strange & Dreamfall Chapters. I also love small experimental indie games like dinner date or facade.

I like to draw comics and play guitar. :)

Guess that's enough for a self-introduction-post. Hope I can tell you more with my posts.

I'm currently working on "Fumiko!", a game about seeing the world through the eyes of an artificial intelligence. It's an abstract and colorful platformer with focus on story and level design.

multiplex games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8978 on: October 05, 2015, 01:45:03 PM »

Here is Mark from Multiplex Games. I'm a long-time hobby gamedev, working mainly at nights. For the past six months or so I'm working over Graina, a mixture of Lemmings and Terraria with dynamic environment and lots of sand. So I'm here to get some feedback and share the love.

Working on my Lemmings~ish sandbox game, Graina
Si13
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8979 on: October 05, 2015, 05:36:09 PM »

I like Bangai-O Spirits. It's the best game I've ever played. I like that the single purpose of the core campaign is to teach you to play, and once you know how to play the whole remaining fifty thousand hour experience is about making your own levels, interacting with weird Japanese people over the internet, and begging your friends to just buy the gosh darn game and give it a spin. I like weird controls that some mystical steaming old-world game-smith has imbued with hyper-precision clickiness. I like games that are all meta game -- where learning the game is the game -- that start out feeling like running a marathon barefoot without any toes and end up feeling like roller-blading a marathon over the cables of a suspension bridge without any toes. I like games that are unwatchable. So, uhh, yeah! Bangai-O!

Maybe Mario Maker is pretty rad too! I haven't played it yet. The first two Mario games (Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan) were also as much about the joy of getting better as the fun of jumping on things, feeling the bounce, and watching them perish. Mario Maker could be the Mario game for me. Being that every level I've seen is horrible and gimmicky it probably still gains from the Bangai-O effect: I'd have to talk to people IRL if I hope to have fun. That's great! There need to be more games like that.

Anyways, if you have Mario Maker (or Bangai-O Spirits!) msg me. I'm probably going to get it soon.

And I didn't even say anything about myself yet!

My name's Matt. I like bold color and brassy guitars. I've made games before. They were pretty terrible. Maybe I'll make some not so terrible games someday. That's the hope that drags me on!!!
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic