Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:40:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953470 times)
Cokfoster
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: November 19, 2015, 05:23:23 AM »

Hi I am John Connor, and before anyone else makes the Joke no I have never met the terminator, else I wouldn't be alive!

I am 29 now and started playing games on a ZX Spectrum. Games such as Chucky Egg and Manic Miner you know hard as nails platformers. Next came the Amiga 500 with lemmings and the captain planet game. I would love to play captain planet again.

But enough nostalgia, after going through the whole education system and finishing an Engineering degree, I decided I didn't want to do engineering and started an indie studio with a couple of friends which we are steadily learning is a difficult thing to do. You cannot just be a developer you have to be so much more. But I am sure you all know this.

Our group is called Slug Disco Studios and we are working on Empires of the Undergrowth which I will post about in the appropriate place on the forum.

BeautifulGlitch
Level 2

Cookie Overlord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9081 on: November 19, 2015, 07:05:25 AM »

Hey! We're Beautiful Glitch

We love indie games. We're working on different projects.

On one side, we're working on an artzine devoted to Indie Games.

http://indiegzine.tumblr.com/

30 artists will portray 30 awesome indie games! <3

We're also working on a game project, called "Monster Prom" (:
It's a mix of "Choose-your-adventure" + "dating sim" + "local multiplayer game" :O

Here's the devlog: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=51528.0

Hi! (:

Check the devlog for MONSTER PROM
And follow us on TWITTER
Big Infinity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: November 19, 2015, 04:48:02 PM »

I've been learning game design for the last few years. Over several months this Summer, I made my first complete game, a space-shooter, "Star Zombies: Strange Galaxy," now available for android on Google Play and soon to be on iTunes and Amazon Appstore. I have really enjoyed making this game and breaking my brain.  Cheesy
mediapire
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: November 19, 2015, 06:30:21 PM »

Hello my name is Drey, I'm a programmer and artist, I wouldn't say I'm professional at either one quite yet. I'm also a big Mega-man X and Metroidvania fanatic. I've turned my focus this last year to creating games, it's been a rough ride so far, but I think I'm about ready to start sharing them publicly.

Some interesting stuff about me.
-I've dabbled in animation learning from my friend Sam T. https://www.youtube.com/user/ebolaworld
-I used to be a forum moderator for SEGA of America.

I'm really looking forward to getting some tasty feedback on my projects. I've found family and friends are really supportive of my projects, but I definitely need some non-biased feedback to tighten them up further.
ashen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: November 19, 2015, 08:24:24 PM »

Hello Ash here.  I've been a coder/dev/programmer professionally and unprofessionally Wink for too many years to mention. 

I'm a Commodore kid, I learned basic on the C64, then onto the Amiga 500.  After that I bought my first PC where I learned C/C++ and a little bit of Assembly, Pascal in the 90s.  Since then some of the passion was sucked out of programming for me after I got into web business/web development for a living. But I never gave up on game dev (and never will), no other type of programming is as creative, challenging and satisfying to me.

My parents would only ever buy something with a keyboard, they thought it would be more educational than a console. I'm happy they did buy the C64, as being able to type stuff in to make the computer do/say stupid things was what got me into programming to start with.

So I never owned an Atari, NES, Sega etc and sometimes feel like I grew up in an alternate reality to all of the "video game kids".  I played Dig Dug, Super Mario brothers and a few others at cousins/friends houses, but I've never actually played many of the Japanese classics such as Zelda, Final Fantasy. The world of gaming is so big that I really don't think I've missed out too much, see all the games I did play below.   

Some of the games I played growing up that I remember the most: 
Hero, Impossible Mission, Hover Bovver, Blue Max, Airwolf, Buggy Boy, Staff of Karnath, Defender of the Crown, The Last Ninja, Mr Robot, Head over Heals, Wizball, Spore (not that Spore), Giana Sisters, Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, Bards Tale 3, TV Sports Basketball, Populous, Powermonger, Utopia, Railroad Tycoon, Daggerfall, Dune 2, Transport Tycoon, Frontier (Elite 2), Championship Manager, Doom, Stronghold,  Diablo, Rollercoaster Tycoon ... 

Derek's first post in this thread says the world of indie dev is so small.  How things have changed in the eight years since!

Islandh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: November 21, 2015, 04:12:03 AM »

Hello folks!

I´ve been around here back and forth since 2008, but now I´m back into scene again working on a new project. My ambition is to push the boundaries of the interactive medium. Among my favourite games: Grim Fandango, Shadow of the Collossus and Majoras Mask. But in general, I´m a fan of great concepts and stories, whether it's within games, litterature, movies etc.

Glad to be back!
lilyhammer0709
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9086 on: November 24, 2015, 07:27:43 AM »

Hey! My name is Kate and my entire life revolves around games. I grew up playing them, now i produce them and I one day hope to write my own. Currently our studio is producing its first title and we are super excited about it. I am thoroughly enjoying working on this project. It's one of those projects I don't mind working over time for. One of our goals is to seamlessly meld creativity and technology together, and in not just video games but in other ways.

I'm really looking forward to getting some feedback on our projects. We are a very community driven studio and love hearing feedback from fellow game creators as well as players. Hand Metal Left Hand Metal Right
bitbulldotcom
Level 2

#indiedev since the #zxspectrum days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9087 on: November 24, 2015, 08:11:51 AM »

Hi,

I've been developing games commercially since the days of the ZX Spectrum. For the past 15 years or so I've been making a decent living as an indie games developer developing games for mobile devices - predominantly Java-based feature phones (yes, those old crappy Nokias and the like - don't knock 'em)!

Unfortunately the bottom has finally fallen out of the Java market and left me rather high and dry. I've dabbled in iOS/Android but making money there seems akin to getting blood out of a rather dry stone so I'm looking at the possibility of PC and/or console work as well. Hopefully I can stay independent. At the moment I develop using Xamarin and MonoGame.

I'm currently working (in partnership with an artist) on a title called 'Attack of Giant Jumping Man' which we hope to launch on multiple platforms including Steam. I'll post more about that in the appropriate place.

Hopefully I can contribute something useful to this community!

cheers

tknotknot_10tons
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9088 on: November 24, 2015, 08:38:08 AM »

Hello!

I'm one of the developers of a game called Neon Chrome: neonchromegame.com. The company behind the game is called 10tons. I did a search on the forums and it seems somebody has mentioned Crimsonland in the past which is another title by 10tons. 10tons is a tiny company in Tampere, Finland. We've created games for almost all platforms including PCs, current consoles and most mobile devices. Currently our focus is on creating games that work well on consoles and PCs. We haven't abandoned mobile, but it is a secondary target for the projects we're currently working on. We're using our own engine created from the ground up at 10tons. Personally I do design, art, programming and some administrative stuff at the company. The company website is at http://www.10tons.com

Anyways, the least I can do is to discuss the stuff we're working at 10tons!

Pizazzle
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9089 on: November 25, 2015, 01:43:56 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm Zach, or known by the internet alias Pizazzle. I've always been very interested by games ever since I was very young and about 4 years ago I started to embark on a journey that would lead me to here. Compared to most people here I would be considered a pretty terrible programmer, but I've been learning tons. I primarily use java and I recently found LibGDX which has been a great experience. I've lurked around TIGSource since around 2012-2013, and I've decided to join the community as I've not interacted much with the scene before. I'm a bit on the young side (16 years of age), but I hope people understand that age doesn't mean everything. I look forward to meeting all of you!

"We've been learning that players in general want a game that rewards them for thinking and doesn't penalize them with meaningless randomness. ... We've been learning that players embrace a challenge and don't mind failing as long as the failure seems fair."    - Raphael van Lierop
MarteloNero
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9090 on: November 26, 2015, 12:06:57 PM »

hi guys!,
i'm Gabriele but i speak in the name of Martelo Negro,  we are a indie game team composed of me (an italian programmer), Guilherme ( brazilian pixel artist) and Danilo ( brazilian game designer).
We are members of TigSource already but i'm making a team account to write a devlog of the game we are currently working on!  Wink
Hope u'll like it  Smiley

theGiallo
Level 0

Tecnicocreativo™

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9091 on: November 28, 2015, 01:45:11 PM »

Hi there!

Two Italians in a row, hmm.

Sorry for the no-avatar thing. I'm having troubles changing it. It should be . Most human beings find it creepy, I know.

Oh crap. I've just posted this as a new thread here because my session timed out. :@ I've deleted it. :|

Who am I?
I'm Italian, as you intelligently deduced. I'm a gamedev/gamedesigner wannabe. I'm studying for a master degree in Computer Science, in Genoa. In my free time I make game prototypes, both videogames and boardgames. I'm an activist for Game Happens! which is supporting #Devember, a thing that I created, and that I would like to present you.

I'll write here a little bit about it, because I don't want to spam around with a new thread. I hope it's OK. If it's ok to open a new thread I'll do. (in case please point me to the right section).

Devember is a personal challenge.You promise yourself you'll code at least 1h every day for the whole December, keeping a devlog and publishing online the made code. On devember.org you can find a contract you have to virtually and publicly sign.
Devember is for anyone, from the complete code noob, to the pro developer. Learning to code is fun and useful. Coding is awesome, but sometimes it can be stressful and boring if done only for others and for work. Devember is an excuse to code something you like, for fun, for learning and for the community. You can code anything you want, in the language you want.

Devember starts in 3 days. I hope some of you will join.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 02:57:10 PM by theGiallo » Logged

#Devember is coming. - devember.org
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: November 28, 2015, 06:19:51 PM »

Oh you miss ottober too bad

Uprising Studios
« Reply #9093 on: November 29, 2015, 11:21:16 AM »

Hi!
I am one of the Uprising Studios team. A small spanish studio.
I want to post in the devlog thread, but I thoughtof introduce the team here first!
This is the team account so I'm not going to introduce names right now, but we'll talk about the team in our devlog!

Tye The Czar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: November 30, 2015, 10:45:47 AM »

Hi! I'm Greg, currently a Game Design student at Digipen. I'm interested in developing games that I would love and others would form huge followings over. I'm interested the most in creating compelling mechanics combined with meaningful narratives. I have too many all-time favorite games, but I can name a few:

• Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Threes!
  • Phantasy Star IV
  • Super Metroid
  • Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
  • Splatoon
  • Portal 2
  • Titanfall
  • Touhou Project: Imperishable Night

It's great to meet you guys and I look forward to becoming a better game developer with your help.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: November 30, 2015, 10:46:42 AM »

It's easy to see you have a wii u

Jointhesaga
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9096 on: November 30, 2015, 12:21:04 PM »

I'm Wes Platt, writer and designer for Prologue Games in Durham, North Carolina. We've released the first two of three acts in our swamp noir adventure Knee Deep on Steam. The third should be out in Q1 2016. Games I've been playing a lot lately:

Fallout 4
    Adventure Capitalist
    This Book Is A Dungeon
    Witcher 3
    80 Days
    Rocket League
    Civilization V
    Star Wars Battlefront

I'm also addicted to Words With Friends and spend far too much time on Twitter at @DougPiranha.

SHOKIZM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9097 on: November 30, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

Hi All Smiley

My name is SHOKIZM - I'm an aspiring indie-dev and... I just quit my day-job to try and make a real life out of making games!

I've been gaming since pretty much the beginning - as a young child my first machine was a Atari 2600 and I've been in love with games ever since!

These days I'm mostly a PC gamer but over the years I've owned many machines including Atari 2600 (as mentioned above), 16k Spectrum & 48k Spectrum, Sega Master System, Atari ST, Sega Megadrive, Playstation1 and Playstation2 and (much to my eternal embarrassment) WII.

I love all sorts of games but my favourite genres are Strategy, old-skool-RPGs, beat-em-ups and FPS-shooters! If I had to pick an all-time fave I'd say it's impossible, however, my most recent most-played has to be Alien: Isolation - that game is quite frankly amazing!

Outside of gaming I guess I'm into all the usual gamer-profile clichés, I like super-heroes, used to play table-top wargames and paint warhammer figures, I love reading sci-fi and fantasy novels and enjoy hollywood films (although they seem to get worse year-on-year).

I also love to cook, I'm a lifelong vegetarian so had to learn early (blame the hippy parents!) - my key speciality is indian and thai curries - gotta love spicy food!

Before quitting my day-job was a professional copywriter and I have a degree in creative writing - I'm also a published poet - so if anyone eevr needs any help with writing give me a shout I'd love to lend a hand!

Well - I guess that's all folks - if you want to find out more about me you could check out my website www.shokizm.com which has all my blogs and stuff on it.

Thanks for having me and look forward to meeting you all!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 02:53:49 PM by SHOKIZM » Logged

SHOKIZM - Your friendly neighbourhood dev-man Smiley
Hadrien
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: December 01, 2015, 08:46:27 AM »

Hi!

My name is Hadrien and I'm from Paris, France. I do web design for living and game dev for fun. I started making games a few years ago and my first "real" project (when I said real it's for "a project that will one day be complete") is Disquest, you can check it on the Devlogs.

I code and I design my games using Unity 5, and C#.

My first gaming memories are on Apple, a strange and old Atari console thing and Sega Master System, Gameboy, then N64, GCube, and now Xbox 360 & PS4. I love good old strategy games, FPS (I spend many years on Counter Strike), platformers, point & click, reflexion, puzzles, etc.

My best memories are about the Lucas Arts games, most recently I (reallyyy) loved Red Dead Redemption (…and all the others Rockstar Games, I admire the degree of perfection they put into their games), and this year The Witcher 3 was a big surprise since I'm not a fan of RPG's and I normally hate the medieval fantasy style, but this one was awesome  Hand Thumbs Up Right.

See you on the forums!
Cheers

basementApe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: December 01, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »

Hello everybody,

I'm Erik, and I have a big passion for pixel art and videogames. I've always been more into 2D stuff than 3D, there's something about the precision, tight feel, and visual clarity that I've never really seen done as well in 3D. So it made me happy when 2D started to get popular again in recent years. I'm a hobbyist, doing gamedev for the fun more than the money, at least for now. But maybe in the future I'd be able to make a living off it? That would be a dream come true.

Nice to meet you all Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic