Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 12:55:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953496 times)
bitbeast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9140 on: December 19, 2015, 07:28:28 AM »

Hi all,

I'm a computer scientist, 38 years old and finally joining the club Smiley

My first program was a dice game (five lines of code) on the C64 (well, I copied it from the manual, but I felt like it was mine).
After programming a bit on the Amiga (AMOS Basic) but never getting something done, I took a break from programming and gaming.  I teamed up with a collegue of mine a few months ago and now we develop out first game (zombie shooter, what else? Grin) Having a day job can be frustrating though, because develoment is very slowly.

I hope to learn a lot of all of you in this forum!

walrus
Level 0

AD / artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9141 on: December 19, 2015, 08:40:13 AM »

Hi, I'm Mike. I was on these forums about 5 years ago, but enough time has passed that I should probably reintroduce myself.

I'm a long-time game industry vet. I've worked on big PC games, childrens' education titles, and for the past 5 years I've been at mobile game developer Kabam. Professionally I've been an Art Director, but I came up through the ranks so I know how to do some of everything: Game design, concept design, 2D and 3D art, traditional, sprite & 3D animation, UI, writing, and more.

Back when i was here last time I was working on an indie game called Mage Maze. It's still in progress, but mostly on the engineering side these days, leaving my time mostly free. Currently I'm in-between jobs and would love to spend the time working on a new indie game. The only catch is to find an experienced coder to collaborate with. If that works out, cool, otherwise I might just pitch some of my own ideas around and see if people are interested once they see what I have in mind and what my art style is. (Which you can see if you check out the links in my sig.)

Cheers!

alperozgunyesil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: December 19, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »

Hi guys,
I wasn't know the tradition of introduce, so i got little bit late ( this is my second comment in here!!!)

This is Alper from Izmir/Turkey
I'm into some art and game stuff.

This is our first released game on mobile, just a little trying: http://www.fingaah.com/

Im a bit lazy about upload my works on internet, but it'll change soon. You can find some stuff in here: https://www.facebook.com/AlperOzgunYesil/?fref=ts

And this is uploaded for you : https://www.instagram.com/p/_fe6YaxtYb/ -a little game for some collabration project. This is my first try at unity3d and pixel art Smiley

It's so nice to be here!:beer: See ya..
JaiK
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: December 21, 2015, 02:40:46 AM »

i've been here before, new account because wow such controversy. hi.
Fmressel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9144 on: December 21, 2015, 05:25:31 PM »

Hi! My name is Franz!

I've been making games for a few years now! What really got me into making games was the game LittleBigPlanet by MediaMolecule I loved creating lots of different levels for me and my friends to run around in! Then I found Unity3D taught myself how to program and have been making games ever since!

I love indie games and I'm excited to see and hear (read) what this community has to offer!

Plastiware
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: December 21, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »

I'm Reid VanBemmel, but a lot of people just call me Plastiware.

I do music and sometimes make my own games I guess.  I really have nothing to say here I just want to get the damn TIGBaby thing off of me.
MegaTiny
Level 1

Wew lad

View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: December 22, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »

Hello I'm MegaTiny and I'm addicted to lurking!

bov930527
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: December 22, 2015, 11:45:54 PM »

Hello there,

I'm a fellow 22 yo indie game dev with a couple of university courses in programming and game development/design under my belt. Looking forward to pitching my ideas and giving feedback to other creatives in the field.

Regards
Nachorl250
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: December 23, 2015, 03:01:56 AM »

Hey! I'm Nacho and I'm a future game developer (I don't consider myself a developer just for making a game). If you need feedback on your project, feel free to ask me!
kierkle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9149 on: December 24, 2015, 04:27:46 PM »

Hi, I'm kierkle. I'm pretty new to the game industry. I started working for one of the gaming megacorps a few years back as a computer programmer. Before then I was mostly at small internet startups - the first of which was located in the basement of an interfaith chapel. I'd like to think Jesus, Buddha, and Krishna helped me get my start in coding, but to be honest, we didn't really talk much. Anyways, some of my coworkers told me about TIGSource and I'm hoping to start a devlog here to get some help/input on a little side project I've been working on. Nice to meet you all.

Taysty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9150 on: December 25, 2015, 02:08:56 AM »

Sup TigForums,

I'm a 23 year old game developer from the United States named Taylor that loves pixel art and collecting retro games. My friend and I have recently started a development team and we just published our first game on Google Play (but I won't promote that here). I started making games a few years ago and as of today have amassed tons of abandoned prototypes, something most of us should be pretty familiar with. I don't regret a single one of them though because you learn a lot from those failures. I absolutely love making games and I am excited to share them on here with you guys. I have been lurking in this community for quite a while now and I can't wait to really start to contribute.
punkonjunk
Level 0

hey, eat this snail quick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9151 on: December 25, 2015, 12:45:33 PM »

I am Jacob.
I play a lot of games, but like 2d platformers more than anything. Especially metroidvania games. Blastermaster was my first, super metroid was like godrays beaming out of the sun directly into my eyes saying "THIS IS WHAT IS CORRECT" and SoTN made me think "Why did the NES castlevania games have to suck so much that I ignored this until 2003?"

I never thought I would make a game, but as I started doing design for an absurd project, it became clear 3d was hard, and my other two guys were unlikely to do much, and I started making notes on what my game would be if I made one - the platformer that kills all the platformers, like all my excitement for axiom verge channeled into a game that wasn't kinda disappointing in the end. (I love you tom happ but it should have been so much larger, so much more lore, I was left wanting.)

I came up with a really novel and kind of amazing idea for a core mechanic, popped it to my guys and they got boners and wanted to really ramp up the learning, so I figured I would get started on laying the groundwork because I am probably gonna be stuck doing the music and apparently the art. probably.
mirokade
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: December 25, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »

Hi I'm Jeremy.
It all started when I got my psx, it always feels nostalgic when I see graphics from that day, I played HVM, FFVII, also chibi robo(DS). Enough with the games. I am currently in my final year of my study of visual communication, I created my first soundboard around 5 years ago and now I create games for Android.
It thrills me when I saw people played my games, they loved it(well some of them).
That's why now I'm here, I hope to get along with you guys.

Here is my 2nd game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mirokade.tomato

Regards.

i9s
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: December 26, 2015, 05:49:17 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm a developer currently making games in haxe/openfl and unity.
In the past I've been creating flash games however now I'm more interested in mobile/desktop games Smiley
TheWannaBDev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: December 26, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »

Hi, I'm a wanna be developer. I love video games as much as I like making music. My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 7. That game opened my mind to a more complex way of thinking. Also taught me how to work hard and strategize to get to your goal. I never beat that game but I started over and tried so many times.

I got into game dev because I'm tired of the console gaming industry putting out nothing more than interactive movies. Just feels like there's no challenge.

Dark Souls was the game that made me feel a little better though.
washk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9155 on: December 27, 2015, 03:47:34 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm not very keen on revealing myself, but in a nutshell, I'm about 30. I always thought about making a video game. I'm a "web" developer in the industry, and thought the birth of my son would be the best time to start making a video game. So mostly at night Smiley

I love exploring, challenging games, freedom, compelling universes. I thrive in a game like Terraria or H1Z1 (battle royale), Rainbow Six, FF7, Chronotrigger.

Started pixel art with my game, getting better at it, but the road is long and endless.

Have been lurking here for a long while, it's probably here that the idea that I could be able to make a game is born.

My twitter @pixelwashk | Devlog
buto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9156 on: December 27, 2015, 04:41:55 AM »

Hi,

my name is Sebastian. I'm a mathematician and computer scientist. I'm programming games (or attempting to do so) since I first got my hands on an old, used C64 in the early nineties. Nowadays, I'm primarily working with C++ and OpenGL. Together with my brother, who's a graphics artist, I'm currently working on a small 2d hot seat multiplayer game called 'Round Bunch Versus'. It features soft-body physics and particle-fluids in a destructible vector-terrain.

While it's lots of fun creating such a small game, even roughly polishing it still takes lots of time and dedication. To keep the motivation high I've been visiting this site and its forums for quite some time now. Especially the devlog section is absolutely unique and both motivating and insightful.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

emartronic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: December 28, 2015, 02:58:54 AM »

Introduction
The names Elliot,27 years old, Hailing from a heavy demoscene background.
Have spent the past 14 years going from fiddling to obsessing to specialized.
Started writing chiptunes in MML years ago. After the realization knowledge in programming is needed to do anything useful on a computer,I began to learn to code.
Going from "Hey this would sound awesome in a game!" to "I should make that awesome game!"

AND EMARTRONICS WAS BORN

This solo affair has seen RPG maker,Construct,Monkey-X and Haxe.
Time was wasted hacking these tools with things that were needed... I knew how to code, why wasn't I coding??

After a brief rewind I went full force coding a new Engine (code named Schala, with directions toward C++, OpenGL and Cross Portability.)

Hitting the scene hard in 2016, Setting up the website and creating a campaign(wait, i have to make MY OWN screenshots and website?!... Screamy)

EMARTRONICS IS ALIVE
Coauctor
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9158 on: December 29, 2015, 05:12:42 AM »

Hi guys!

I introduced myself year ago, but some things have changed. Smiley
So, my name's Bohdan, I'm sound and narrative designer. These ones remained the same, hehe.
I'm also showcase coordinator at DevGAMM conference, which is held three times a year in Belarus, Russia and Germany:
http://devgamm.com/minsk2015/en/

In spare time we run collective blog dedicated to game design theory.
It's called Empathy Box. Right now we translate our articles into English:
http://empathybox.me/en/

As for game projects, I'm coordinating development of sci-fi adventure Breached (aside from working on sound and narrative design):
http://breached-game.com
And producing sound for episodic pixel art thriller The Long Reach:
http://tlr.itch.io/the-long-reach

I'm very interested in making new contacts and connecting our local (CIS – Commonwealth Of Independent States) scene with the global community.
Oh, btw you can listen to my tracks here:
https://soundcloud.com/coauctor
Cheers! Happy New Year! Smiley

fsauret
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: December 29, 2015, 01:37:14 PM »

Hello everyone,

I am new at TIG, so please allow me to introduce myself.

I am Fede Sauret, and I am game developer (mainly programming/design/managing) and I am from Barcelona, Spain.
I've been in the industry for a few years now. After working in both small and big companies, last I decided to create my own company, named Titutitech. I love indie development, so the goal of our company is to both create our own games and also be a game development outsourcing company specialized in indie development.

For now we are working on our first title Oh My Godheads. A title I started as a hobby with some friends back when I was living in Japan, and that is taking now all our time.

Please let me know if you want to know anything else!
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic