Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:43:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953041 times)
Verdemis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9220 on: January 26, 2016, 02:15:11 AM »

Hello everyone,

my name is Sascha and I'm a programmer from Germany (Aachen).

I'm in love with videogames since I was 5 years old and played my first games on an C64 Kiss
And very soon creating own games became a dream of mine. So I became a programmer by profession. I started a few attempts to get into game development but I couldn't get really far. But the dream was always there...
After a long time, when I thought I would never make it and finally resigned, I started working with Unity and I finally got the first few things running. And just at the moment I started working with Unity I got in touch with pietze (who introduced himself some posts above me). We know each other before, but not very well. We immediately started to work together on some prototyps and everything worked very well. Then there were some interruption in between but we stayed in contact and after I got back on track we finally completed our first game together, some days ago :D

And know I'm here to see whats going on in the indie games community and to get in touch with other people who love creating own games Smiley

So, I'm pleased to meet you!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:33:06 AM by Verdemis » Logged

never argue with an idiot they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Gamebar
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9221 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:46 AM »

Hey all

I'm Eric. I'm 24 and I was hatched in South Africa. My interest in coding started when I was around 16. I got my honors degree in Information Science Multimedia (a combo of computer science, game dev and general media stuff).

My day job is making military or mining sims for arms or mining companies. But like everyone here I really just want to make games all day. I'm very much into tower defense games and strategy/turn based stuff.  I've made many android mini game failures. This year I'm taking things a bit more seriously.  Which is why I'm here now.

I'll be posting my stuff in the devlog section rather. So you can keep an eye out there I guess.

I'm looking forward to sharing and being shared with.
kyropim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: January 26, 2016, 09:55:21 AM »

I'm 3d Animator lives in ROK aka South Korea.
I made small free games from 90's and worked in game industry for 4 years. I was making another free game while doing full-time job, but that wasn't enough for complete the game, so I quitted it and now I'm free. the game's title is Shooting Star Seven.

I love run and gun, action genre and anime style. also love 80-90 era.
Giyomu Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: January 26, 2016, 03:44:05 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Guillaume, I'm French but have been living in Japan for the past 5 years. I started developing on Unity as a hobby last year on my commute and I really fell in love with it. I made a ninja-fast-paced-action platformer for PC but it still needs a lot of work, and more recently I published my first game for Android. It is a puzzle game with dots and circles and you need to match their color (my icon can give you a first idea). I'm going to talk more about it in a separate topic.
dnk_one
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:45 AM »

Hi, I am a student of programming and I am curious about making video games in the future because I always liked playing games. I have been reading the forum for a long time but have only just registered because I saw several projects that really took my interest.

My favorite genres are adventures, especially some dark themed or horror ones.
DigitalSun
Level 1

Making Moonlighter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9225 on: January 27, 2016, 08:07:42 AM »

Hi everyone!

We are Digital Sun, a Spanish game studio. We have been working together for the last three years as an outsourcing company in Valencia (east coast, a sunny place).

While we learned a lot doing games for others we have always worked in prototypes of our own ideas, under the brand of Digital Sun. Our passion is to create valuable and unique videogames, that’s our main objective as studio.

Six months ago, we realized that one of our prototypes was very promising, so we decided to make it our first game as Digital Sun, really focusing on it. Since we are pretty new to all this process, we are here to get feedback from the community and see if other people share our opinion about the game.

Soon we will start showing some stuff.

See you soon!
Digital Sun Games

Mr Bazooka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: January 28, 2016, 09:15:51 AM »

Hi everyone.

My name is Jano, I'm turning 30 this year.

Growing up with computer games, action cartoons and graphic novels fueled the fire for digital storytelling and problem solving.

I make games in my spare time.

Nice to meet you all and have a great day!
bsiguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9227 on: January 29, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I'm Marcus and I'm working over at Bridgeside Interactive!

I mostly do sound & music but lately I've been doing some social media stuff as we have a feature freeze and is nearing completion on our first title!
Just today I've started a devblog for our game which you can fight right here.

This seems like a really cool place and I've found alot of interesting games so far, so keep up the good work everyone!

Oh, and here's a picture of our team at Bridgeside... im the guy in the middle!

existenz1
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: January 30, 2016, 02:23:42 PM »

Hello.

I am Mark. I work for a large IT company (that company does not make games). I am an aspiring game developer outside of work. I have a software and consulting  background and I am willing to learn.
sirwambolot
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: January 31, 2016, 04:02:57 AM »

Hey Everyone! I'm Matt!

I'm the programming half of the Canadian company Heroless Games. I spent the last 8 years working on different AAA and mobile games, even a year long stint with language learning games that used voice recognition. Started out working on a bunch of EA Sports games, like NHL and FIFA and Madden, then got to work on this crazy passion project called Baller Beats. The experience of making something the whole team believed was great, despite the fact no one else did, showed me how making games could be. Ever since then I've been tinkering on my own time to learn, and have finally broken off on my own.

Favourite games include Bastion, Super Meat Boy, Tetris... some of them at least. Stuff that moves at a fast pace with good controls. Also I'm super into narrative focused games, like Catherine or Persona. Not to leave out the retro love, cause Lufia 2, and Terranigma are games I wish I had time to replay often, but they've slipped down the list as games keep getting better.

We're making decent progress on our current prototype, which we thought was dead due to licensing but may be possible after all! There's a KickStarter in the works and we'll be sure to post it for feedback.

I've always heard great things about TIG and am happy to finally jump aboard this crazy ship we're all on!
ecplav
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: January 31, 2016, 05:18:34 AM »

Hello everyone, name's Edouard.  Smiley

I'm 24, French (bonjour à tous les Français), and I'm currently working on a visual novel. I've just made an account here but I've been reading devlogs for a while now, these devlogs are the most exciting stuff on the internet for me right now. What all of you guys are doing is awesome and I love you. Just wanted to make it official.  Grin

(I'm also good at cooking)
MichaelTheShifter
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: January 31, 2016, 07:32:55 AM »

Hey there, guys! I'm Michael. I am a 13 year old programmer. I program various things in C#, and I also (sometimes) use the Unreal Engine.

I got into gaming and computers when I was about 4 years old. My parents had bought a PS2 Slim, and my first ever game was either GTA: San Andreas or Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary. Can't really remember but I still own those games to this day and have fond childhood memories of them, like that time me and my dad were playing Galaga in multiplayer mode.

I stuck with the PS2 for about 4 years, and we soon got a PS3. The newer, HD games looked absolutely amazing on it and I remembered playing PAIN as my first ever PS3 game and seeing what kinds of mayhem I could cause now that games could be a lot more fleshed out, not that I knew that at the time.

But, around that time, in Grade 3, we went to the eye doctor because my parents noticed me and my sister were having lots of trouble in the dark, walking into walls, not finding things, and walking really slow as if we were in a haunted house with no windows and the lights off.

The doctor DID notice we had some issues with our eyes and after countless trips to various hospitals, we found out that both me and my sister were born with a degenerative eye disease known as Retinitis-Pigmentosa (names for these diseases are a BITCH). Basically, over time, eye sight starts to deteriorate, and this was why I couldn't see in the dark. I now knew something was up. Over the years I lost my ability to read my own handwriting, something I could easily do in Kindergarten, all the way up to Grade 4.

The school had plans to get me a laptop in Grade 3 when I first found out about the RP. Luckily, I owned a Windows XP computer and could get around it just fine. I felt right at home using the computers at school because they also used XP. But, my computer skills were nothing like they are today, so I switched from the now cumbersome pen and paper to using a school computer for everything so I could sharpen up my typing skills and my ability to navigate all the different applications that the school had, such as SMART Notebook (which I now fucking despise and haven't touched in 2 years) and Microsoft Office 2007.

Around October of Grade 4, they had updated all the school computers to Windows 7, and, I was already up to date as I had an Acer computer, much more powerful than the old XP box which is now somewhere smashed up in the city's dump, probably buried under bags of dog feces and Dell Latitudes, and this new computer ran Windows 7. That, and I was able to bring most of my XP skills into 7, after learning most of the apps' new interfaces.

At that point I was like, the most techsavvy kid in the school, and people would always go to me for help, even with teachers. But, I wasn't done. In March of 2012, the school had finally bought me a laptop, running Windows 7. It was a Dell Latitude E5420 and, I still have that same laptop and use it every day at school.

For about 2 years I didn't know a darn thing about this, but they actually preloaded Visual Studio 2010 Express on the machine. In Grade 6, I opened it up to see what it was. I was already in to programming, because at home I played Minecraft with the ComputerCraft mod installed and I liked making little scripts in Lua, so I had to see what this Visual Studio thing was. Turns out, it was for creating your very own Windows apps. I thought this was cool.

At first, me and a friend were experimenting with Visual Basic, I created a web browser, a text editor, a rich text editor, and some other things. Then, I got into a YouTube channel called "OSFirstTimer" who made videos of his mom trying out different operating systems, and along the way she learned how to use them (she started out just like little 4 year old me with only the knowledge of checking emails, surfing the web and such). I liked the channel as it reminded me of my journey with computers.

At the time, he was starting work on a game called ShiftOS, written in Visual Basic. But, I had no idea of that game's existence and it took getting banned from a Minecraft server I became emotionally attached to, and stalking his Google+ page to find out about it's existence. I found out about ShiftOS in October 2014, and, was interested in developing it as I was learning VB and it was a nice way to learn.

I joined at a good time, they had a little competition going where they would let you create a ShiftOS application, preferrably a game, and the best ones would get put in the game in the next release. I didn't submit a game, but rather, OrcWrite, my text editing application. They accepted it because it was unique and I guess it made the game feel more OS-like. I stepped down from development for a few months as the community HATED how I got promoted because I made a text editor and not a game, but I came back around the time it became open-source. I added all sorts of cool things. A button on the App Launcher for Unity Mode, a feature that would allow Windows Apps to run in ShiftOS, I added desktop icons, and lots more. But, ShiftOS had died out, most of the community left because the forum admin criticized me about my eyes, which caused A LOT of drama, but the game was still under development and I took the admin throne after a few days of having no administrator (like a chicken with no head). But, we all knew ShiftOS was on it's death bed. I had a backup forum set up, for no reason except that our host was DDoSed, but this soon became ShiftOS-Next's forum, which was an attempt by me to revive ShiftOS. It flopped, hard.

So, I learned C# and GTK# to see if I could fully rewrite ShiftOS with cross-platform abilities, but that project was cancelled. GTK# is NOT usable for a game like ShiftOS, and, while you can get the Terminal application working, good luck with the rest of the apps and their GUIs.

I switched back to Windows Forms, but stuck with C#, and now, I have ShiftOS C#. I'll talk about that in the Town hall, but you can visit the website at http://www.playshiftos.ml/. The website is a work-in-progress, and, you can play the game to find out why the website looks so dull.

Anyways, that's my "little" introduction post. I'm really happy to meet everyone here on TIGForums, and I'll definitely be here a lot.   
Dagenoth
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: January 31, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »

Hey there!
Im Grzegorz Mazur, I spent couple of years with 11bit studios where I was working on This War of Mine or Sleepwalkers Journey (and couple of secret prototypes Wink ). Mostly as a lead programmer.
Few months ago I left the company to start my very own hard rock studio - Vile Monarch. In december we put on Steam our small free game "Oh... Sir!" which was made in 42 hours during gamejam hosted by Artifex Mundi Polska. And we are preparing to reveal our next games.

Nice to meet all of you!
Skarcasm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: January 31, 2016, 10:16:57 PM »

Hey guys!

I'm Megan. At the top of this page my other half Matt said hi to you all! I'm the other portion of Heroless Games, which is our startup and bundle of joy. I handle the creative side of things, as well as various marketing/PR for our projects. We're excited to be up and running on prototyping an idea that we though was off the table, due to licensing issues.

Aside from that though, I'm an artsy/entrepreneurial type and have always had a passion for video games. At some point, I got sucked up into MMO's exclusively for a few years, before returning to the console thing. When I returned, I noticed all the smaller, passionate projects that were being made by indies. My love of art and video games, paired with my desire to work for myself - makes this a pretty clear cut choice to pursue.

I'm afraid of ostriches and love snacking on baby carrots. Fun facts.

I started a new twitter for indie dev life recently as I work on getting our website fully operational too. Feel free to swing by and say hi! I'd love to follow you back and get to know fellow game devs.  Smiley

https://twitter.com/Skarcasm
jon_mdi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9234 on: February 02, 2016, 09:23:53 AM »

Hiya, I'm Jon and I'm working on a game which has been kicking around in my head for years.  I almost don't want to build it but must... get it... out..!

After arcades (I loved the original Atari Star Wars and Gorf) I first played games on a Atari 2600 (yep am quite err not-young) then a ZX Spectrum, which is where i first started programming -- here's a pic of some of my first finished creations! (~1988?)

Yep I had to tape over Advanced Lawnmower Simulator... just didn't have the cash for cassettes in those days  Beg tough choices had to be made my friend.

I then went Atari ST, MegaDrive, Jaguar (for Doom), PC, Xbox 360 & PS3, Xbone. Love brawlers & TBS games, space games, tower defence, a bit of pew pew but allergic to platformers.

So yeah still a programmer and have run my own company most of my "career", dabble in a few languages and dev web for a living.  Between contracts am building this game which I will be devlogging here  Smiley  Thanks.

lazlo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: February 02, 2016, 03:38:26 PM »

hey, I'm Lazlo! i'm a programmer / designer.

got introduced to gaming as a kid with my parents playing the original Myst on the orange Mac in my room, while I pretended to sleep next to them. They'd be taking notes and drawing diagrams in small pads and I'd wonder in amazement what the mystery behind that island was while daydreaming at school. before i actually got to enjoy real games on my gameboy color, I'd invent "games" by moving folder with custom icons on fractal / 3d backgrounds on mac OS 9 and pretending there was a story.

i think our medium is being underused because of the restrictive focus on games and entertainment. w/o going into details, my interest for dev and "games" got renewed in the last few years with Tale of Tales' writings (RAM, etc.) and right now, I'm studying ludology in Montreal with a particular focus on procedural rhetoric / game ontology.

my tastes recently consist of Braid, Proteus, Undertale, Sunset, Brothers, Rez, Sword & Sworcery, Antichamber, Dream. just ordered a PS3 so I can finally play Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Flower & Journey. on my deck also: Shelter, Viridi, Eidolon, Homesick, etc... You get the picture  Yawn
changjoopark
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: February 03, 2016, 11:22:00 AM »

Hello  Smiley
I am ChangJoo Park. Web developer and Indie game developer.
Currently live in Berlin, Deutschland. Looking for a idea for make a living.

I love GameMaker : Studio. just one game i've done. http://changjoo-park.itch.io/untorch

evolvemusicstudio
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: February 04, 2016, 05:18:17 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm Isaac!

I run a small freelance studio business with two partners in Vancouver, Canada. We design audio for film and video games, as well as composing, BG, SFX, Surround Sound mixes, and pretty much anything else you can think of. We use FMOD, Wise, and work closely with indie developers and filmmakers to come up with the best product possible.

On the side, I'm a huge nerd who loves to cosplay, play video games, but also I like to workout and be as jacked as possible!

I'm a huge fan of having beer, or coffee, and sitting around, talking about whatever subjects come to mind with good friends and like-minded people. Life is sweet when you have good people surrounding you.

I hope to find some new people to work with on this forum, and some great people to have conversations with about video games, or whatever else comes to mind.

Isaac
irrlicht
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9238 on: February 04, 2016, 08:14:03 PM »

Hi,
I'm niko. I once developed games professionally, now I'm doing them as hobby, as side projects. Lots of game developers know me from the popular open source 3d engine I once wrote, and which I named after my usual user name, 'Irrlicht'. Nice to meet you all!

Currently working on PostCollapse, a post apocalyptic survival game. More on my blog. Yes, my user name is somehow related to that C++ library. Smiley
Pal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9239 on: February 05, 2016, 08:15:32 AM »

Greetings everyone, I go around by the handle of "Pal".

I'm 23 years old from Argentina and I've been dabbling in game development for the past 10 years or so. I have knowledge of 2D art, programming and music composition. I love arcade games, cult gaming and am a huge fan of videogame music.

The game I'm currently developing is Holy Arrow which was originally designed for an arcade controller developed during Global Game Jam 2016 for fun. I'm currently working with my brother in this whole game dev deal and we're sorting out a lot of things to get us started.

I don't have much to show right now, but I should have more once I'm back from my vacation.

Nice to meet you all.
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic