Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:10:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906716 times)
Awesome_Miner24
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9240 on: February 05, 2016, 10:46:19 PM »

I'm Awesome_Miner24. I like to play Minecraft. Roll Eyes Facepalm
tinfoilboy
Level 0

I make games and stuff.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9241 on: February 06, 2016, 12:51:32 PM »

Hello! I'm tinfoilboy, and I'm a programmer. I mainly write games/little projects in my free time. I've always enjoyed video games, and took up programming from being interested in games and wanting to write my own, and here I am!
Matlahvi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: February 07, 2016, 02:35:19 AM »

Hi all!

I'm Matlahvi from Spain. Resuming my dev history: I can do a lot of things but aint not pro on any, yay! o/ I'm currently studing game desing and learning by my own and I totally suck on programming. I totally love game jams, is where i learn the most about this.
So, I'm basically here to see your games and learn about all of you, so let this noob grow with you!  Beer!

Let's talk about games. My favourite game is Portal 2 and Gods will be watching (<---play this one, pls), and I totally prefer indie game above AAA industry <3

I think that's all

cheers!  Gentleman
#EAX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: February 07, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »

Hi, I'm Mathias from Berlin, Germany.

I've started gaming on NES and C64 (good times!), then SNES, Sega Megadrive until finally I got my PSX, on which I played some of my all time favorite games like Final Fantasy IX. Nowadays I mostly play on PC and Xbox One, though the PS4 is still on my wishlist.

I started programming at age 14 when I got some game maker kit from the electronics store (based on the Genesis 3D engine). C++ was a bit tough in the beginning, but I had loads of fun with the level editor. Throughout the years I worked with all kinds of techs like C, C++, C#, Java, Scala, PHP, Python, Clojure, [...], as well as with DirectX, OpenGL and WebGL. However, I always have been earning money with web development (because it was / is in demand).

After having finished my computer science degree a few years ago I've continued to work in web development to pay the bills, but I really want to do something different now. In the evenings I have started working together with my twin brother on our own little turn-based multiplayer 4X game - check it out on https://nationsonline.net. Don't expect too much though, it's still in development:

I've been reading TIGsource and lurking in the forums for years already, but I decided to become a bit more active here, especially since I'm looking for feedback on my little game. So I'm probably gonna create some posts in the future.

Let's hope I can help someone else out, as well. Nice to meet everyone!
Dinghai
Level 0

Have you seen it?

View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: February 07, 2016, 09:39:07 PM »

Dinghai, I like games; I've decided to make them SMB Question

I like games.
mochakingup
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9245 on: February 07, 2016, 11:00:58 PM »

Hi, I'm Mocha from Indonesia
I'm a part of two man developer team, I'm the artist,
we've released some little mobile games in the past
we're currently trying to make our first PC game.
been a long time lurker here,
Nice to meet you all! :D

[AG] Dave
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9246 on: February 08, 2016, 02:13:12 PM »

Hi all, I'm Dave - the designer and occasionally makeshift artist at Aegon Games. We are a two-man indie game studio consisting of my brother and I. We have worked on a range of different game styles over the years, with a focus on providing new and interesting gameplay for players. We look forward to seeing what other devs are up to and hope that we can provide helpful advice or interesting content here.  Gentleman
Kyuranx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: February 09, 2016, 03:57:10 AM »

Hi guys, im Bilal!

I always wanted to learn game programming but often gave up after loosing motivation. I didn't want to use an engine because I thought I had to program everything by myself to be a "programmer". Well, I realised that's dumb and so I started learning gamedev using Game Maker Studio and it was really fun and taught me a lot so far!
Colt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9248 on: February 09, 2016, 06:28:11 AM »

Hello TIGforums, my name is Jos I go by the alias “Colt” and I’m an aspiring game developer from the Netherlands. I’ve been designing video games as a hobby since before the turn of the century, starting out with DIV game studio (coding in C and Pascal);  Those projects where never seen by others than my friends and family.
My game designing didn’t really take off until my introduction with RPG Maker 2000. Which I, contrary-to-the-software’s-name, used to make action games. After a couple of quiet years, I’ve taken up game designing once more. At first I was really into Microsoft’s XNA and C#, before I finally switched to Unity (also C#). Which brings us to today.

My personal favorite games are the Metal Gear series and the Mass Effect series.  Other than that I play any genre of game, as long as I find the story compelling and the gameplay fun.

I hope to share my current and future projects with you all.

Sincerely Jos.
 Noir (forgive me, I just had to use this emote)
EscapeFuel
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9249 on: February 09, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »

Hi everyone!  I'm Charles Zapata, an indie dev in Redmond, Washington (near Seattle).  I've started a small indie studio called Escape Fuel.  I do all the coding and business stuff, and I have a great team of contributors creating all the content (art/music/writing.)  We're working on a cool game (which I'll talk about in another post later...)

My background isn't in games, but application and server programming.  I did the big company thing, the startup thing, and now the indie thing for the past two years.  (But it's hard to pay the bills on the indie thing alone, so I'm going to do some non game stuff for a bit while I do indie stuff at night.)   I've got about 15 years experience writing consumer software.  But it's kind of funny (to me, anyways); if you looked at my programming books at home, they were all game programming books (graphics, AI, etc.) and you would have probably guessed I've always been a game programmer.

I'm using Unity and really dig it.  I would consider myself "not expert, but burned enough to know what NOT to do with Unity."  I wrote a tiny C++ game engine already, so I'm not really anxious to do that again. Smiley  Plus I love C#.

Being an indie dev in Seattle is pretty great.  There is a thriving indie dev scene here with lots of meetups and activities, and lots of support, advice and encouragement from other indie devs.  And there are many larger studios, so there are great opportunities to find mentorship, which has really helped me.

Looking forward to see all the cool stuff y'all are working on.  (And if you're in Seattle, hit up the Indie Meetups!)

Best,
Charles
ooku
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9250 on: February 09, 2016, 01:48:04 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Odan O. Kupfer or 'oOku' for short.

I'm current working on a web-based point & click adventure.

I love pixel art, game music and games with good story
stefems
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: February 10, 2016, 09:06:48 AM »

Hello, forums! I don't have a new game to show off (yet) but obligations are obligations and so I must comply with an introduction. I am a software engineer working for a giant consulting company. I have hopes to make it elsewhere, somewhere, anywhere but where I currently am. I'm currently developing my portfolio website with which I'll have my game development work, writings, ceramic arts (because yes, a programmer can have non-technology hobbies) and photography. I have experience in creative writing and game development and will be pursuing my own projects in the near future. I'm also more than willing to extend my services to those who would like assistance in any variety of game project. I have a game blog called Game-Chat (google search tumblr stefems and you'll find it) and my reason for creating a profile here is partly to share everyone's excellent content with the world. If you post about your game, I'll definitely ask you for permission before I share it on my blog. Thank you for your time! Coffee
Superpowism
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »

Hello!

My name is Simon and I've been developing small games for a few years now. I'm also a long-time lurker on TIGsource.
So, although I've technically been registered since 2012, I haven't ever really posted or contributed to anything.
This changes now with this post.

I look forward to taking a more involved role in the community and perhaps talking about my upcoming projects.

Let's be friends Smiley

rust_lucas
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9253 on: February 10, 2016, 01:02:13 PM »

Hey TIGSource!

My name is Lucas Miller, an indie game dev., graphic designer, and "web guy." Back in 2005 I co-founded the   "artist collective"   "game dev"  "media design" group, Rust LTD. - probably most known for The Museum of the Microstar and Alloy - and have been working with the same lovely group of bearded gents ever since.

My formal background is more in the web development and design fields, however I have fallen in love with Unity, and have since worked on numerous for-contract and for-fun projects - my most recent pet-endeavor is a point-and-click puzzle adventure game where you play as an unassuming giant beetle who just wants to be able to perform human tasks.

I've been lurking around the forums for quite a while now, and I finally decided to pull the switch and escape the introverted shell I'm so fond of - I'm excited to see what everyone is working on, and to start sharing my own stuff!
maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9254 on: February 10, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Clarissa, but I usually go on the internet by Maruki.

This is me :O

I'm 26 and despite having owned a gameboy when I was a kid, I really got into gaming when I was 16. I got easily addicted to titles such as Final Fantasy, Tales of *, Chrono Trigger, Kirby, Professor Layton and a bunch of indies (Cave Story, To The Moon, Lone Survivor, VVVVVV and Tiny Bang Story being my favorite).
I went to Letters college, and quit my academic career after I got a master's degree on Theory of Literature applied to games. I decided I didn't want to just study games anymore, I wanted to make them.  I started studying game design by myself and when people ask me what I do now I say: "I make games".

I'm setting up an indie studio with my husband. He is the code and music guy, I'm the weird art girl. One of the things I wanted to achieve with game development is to take my art to another level. I like to draw peculiar stuff, and I wanted to give them a different vibe within games. Here are some of my drawings (you can check more of my stuff on http://marukihurakami.tumblr.com):

I live in a place where "making games" is still seen as some sort of sorcery and black magic, hahaha. I hope to make friends here :D

RustyFist
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9255 on: February 10, 2016, 08:58:48 PM »

Hi Tig-peoples,

I'm Anton, recovering 3d artist, mid-transition to being more dev focused. I've been making games/visualization/simulation/vr stuff for about a decade. I work with a group of bearded fellows known as RUST LTD. Living the L.A. life er... the live-in-L.A.-but-never-actually-go-out-and-enjoy-sun-life. Super-duper bipolar.

I've been looking around for a while for the right kind of community to jump onto to make my game dev process more social (I tend pathologically lurk instead of engage). I've had this window up for over an hour now, still haven't figured out what else to write here. Hopefully once I make a dev thread for the game I'm working on my writers block will go away.

Vertex Wranger and Shader Enthusiast at RUST LTD.
Jordgubben
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9256 on: February 11, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »

Greetings dev-lings,

I used to be a software developer but then I took a scrum master certificate in the knee. These days I only get to code on hobby projects (which are mostly games).

My other major hobby (after games) is, for lack of better words, processes and models. I like stuff like lean start up and design thinking. The game projects I start tend to be just as much as much about figuring out a good way to make games as to making the actual game.

When I'm I not inventing now project models I also have a small allotment. It mostly produces beetroots. You can just never go wrong with beetroots.

(I've actually been hanging around here for over a year, but somehow I missed this thread. Sorry about that  Shrug)

magius96
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9257 on: February 11, 2016, 11:26:49 AM »

I'm new to TIG, and I'm not sure how active I'll be here.  My name is Jason Yarber, but I go by Magius96 online.  I run a small YouTube gaming channel, CupCode Gamers.  I also actively work on making my own games, also using the same name of "CupCode Gamers".

I've got several games already released on XBox360 and Android.
Droplets for Android
Short Circuit for Android
Short Circuit for XBox360
ThaumCheater for Android
Jet Fighter Neon for Android

I've also got a couple development projects under way, though I'm only working on one at a time; Project Rogue, Project Flight, and Project Exploration.  Of course those are not the actual names of the games, but the development name of the project.  As they get closer to completion I'll be announcing their actual names.

I work as a senior developer for an international branding company by day, and spend my free time playing games, recording games, making games, or spending time with my family.  (Mostly one of the first three.)

Website
YouTube

- Jason Yarber (Magius96)
Website - Twitter - YouTube - Facebook
DanMax
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: February 11, 2016, 03:08:40 PM »

Howdy Pardners

Dan Max here!  I'm a comedian / songwriter / musician.

I'm also very new to this Game Development world but am very excited about creating something special.  I'm 33 and eager to learn all I can.
Initially I wanted to create games purely in Blender and since it was written in Python, I thought It would be a good start.  But after some research
and digging around, I decided to learn C++ through the Unreal Engine and go from there.  I know it will take time but i'm determined to make it work for me.

My first console was the Atari 2600 (Much time spent on Asteroids) leading on to the Sega Master System which was the bomb!  Double dragon, Teddy Boy and Rastan!
Megadrive(Genesis) came much later when it was cheaper along with the SNES.  'Zelda: A Link to the Past' was probably the best thing I had ever played up to that point.  Oh, and Rock n' Roll Racing was so addictive...Oh!, and Super Metroid!  Naturally the N64, Zelda: Ocarina of Time blew me away along with Goldeneye.  I never got into the Playstation much.  It was a bit too pricey for us at the time.  After that, it gets a bit blurry with multiple consoles fighting for attention. 

Currently I'm using an iMac and have just finished Alien: Isolation which I loved.  I'm very Nostalgic with that sort of thing and think that the people who made it done an amazing job.  When I get time I play Planetary Annihilation online with my mates back home which is a good laugh.

Anyhoo, I've got some really cool ideas for games which I hope to share with you in time, but one step at a time.

Thanks for having me on TIG source.
Peace!
Dan Smiley Coffee

AngryAgendaGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: February 11, 2016, 05:30:34 PM »

Hey there! I really love introduction threads, as odd as they may seem, they're great icebreakers, and it always helps to circumvent my anxiety.

Enough about the thread itself, more about me! My name is Zacharius, and I'm the, well, currently everything of 'Angry Agenda Games'. We don't have many projects under our belt, in fact, I'm only on my first official game now, but it has been in development for several months, off and on, but with my graduation from high school imminent, that should change soon.

Here's a picture of me in my favorite skirt.

Games were always a strong influence in my life, and I'm certain they will continue to be. I think the first two big influences on my life were the games Dungeon Keeper 1/2 and Dune 2000. The only thing that was odd that, for those grim, M-rated games, I was only about 4 when I started getting into them. They were meant for my dad to enjoy, as a gift from my aunt, but ooh man, my dad was usually at work at that point, so I had free reign of the computer.

Dungeon Keeper 1/2:

Dune 2000:

As you might notice, these were all god-games, and I'm personally a big fan of them even now, although I can't say I've seen any promising ones as of late, maybe I need to expand my radar a bit.

As a bit of a side-step, I next started to fall in love with tycoon games. Games such as Rollercoaster Tycoon 1/2 and Zoo Tycoon were probably the most memorable. Wow, I just realized my early tastes were pretty out-there.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 1/2:

Zoo Tycoon:

Now, I could go on and on about the influential games in my life, but I think I'll wrap that up with the more modern games that have had a huge impact on my and my design philosophy. As of late, I'd have to say Undertale, Paper Mario: TTYD, and Minecraft. Undertale for it's eye-opening effect and game design cleverness, Paper Mario for its novel art style and fun mechanics, and Minecraft for its mastery of unstructured play.

Undertale:

Paper Mario: TTYD:

Minecraft:

But moving onto making the games themselves, I want to give great games out to the world where it has given the same to me, but I also want to make a positive change with those games.  I hope that my first project, I Want To Believe, will at least give me a start in creating both.

I hope that, whatever change I make, I make it a good one.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic