Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:54:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952476 times)
Crysball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: February 11, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »

Hi TIGsource! Gentleman

I'm a software developer who happens to be into game development as a hobby... shocking, I know.

other hobdies are drawing and painting, I'm Colombian so if my English sounds crude or rude excuse me is not my intent I swear

I'm a pathologic lurker but my intend here is to be more communicative so please treat me well
Cryosaurus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: February 12, 2016, 05:26:33 AM »

Hello TIGsource,

My name's Peter and last november I turned 24. I consider myself to be a full time game developer now, since almost a year ago I quit my job to follow my dreams of becoming a game dev. I've always wanted to play a good prison escape game but couldn't find any that fits my style. I'm not saying that all prison-escape themed games right now are bad, but I found them to be too repetitive (I'm a bit picky about games).

That's why I decided to make my own, I know if I had fun playing it, other people will (probably) enjoy it too.  I made quite a significant progress in the past year, so I joined TIGsource to share my work with all of you guys and I'll be also using my devlog as a source of force that'll keep pushing me forward (you know the days when you lose motivation and start wondering whether your game is going to make it? Yeah I get those as well).

See you in my devlog Smiley

davebertaud
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: February 12, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »

Hello everyone! My name is Anthony and I've been making small games for personal enjoyment over the past couple of years. It's only recently that I realized that I really want to do this full-time!

I love video games and I hope one day to be designing beautiful games like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (two of my personal favorites). Although I do appreciate a good narrative in a game, ultimately I am drawn to a minimal style approach with heavy emphasis on gameplay and emotion evocation through atmosphere, character relationships, and silence.

Anyway, I look forward to posting stuff on here and getting to know you all.

Thanks!
ElanGleiber
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9263 on: February 13, 2016, 08:31:25 AM »

Hey all!

I'm Elan but I usually go by E, I'm a student at Michigan State University studying game design and development and also lead game designer and programmer at the Games for Entertainment and Learning Lab at MSU. I love games above all else, my entire life revolves around them. If i'm not playing games I'm making them, and vice versa.

I've worked on quite a few student projects, some educational client games, and a professional title (I did the sound design for Blood of the Werewolf as an intern at Scientifically Proven Entertainment).

If anyone is interested:

My Website
Gamejolt Page

My current project is a continuation of a 16 week game I made for my game development class. It's a community based rogue-like that focuses on making each players' progression affect the game world, and every other player in the game.

If anyone is interested:

Website

I look forward to chatting with all of you!

- E
earthworkgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9264 on: February 13, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »

Hey, my name's Tim. I've been programming since the BBC/C64 days. About 20 years? Worked for Ratbag Games, HardCover Entertainment, and then The Creative Assembly/Sega Studios Australia until 2010. Now working independently with a couple of friends as EarthWork Games on my own concept called Forts. It's a 2D real time strategy game with physics for up to 8 players, plus AI.

I own a farm in Queensland, Australia. We keep bees, chickens, ducks, pigs and grow fruit and veggies. It makes a nice break from working at the computer!

This is Nick the artist on the left, and me on the right, at PAX Aus just a few months ago where we showed the game. We had a great response!

starlightgames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9265 on: February 15, 2016, 03:37:06 AM »

Hi Hi!
It's more of a we than an I.We both are currently running this small video game studio. Right now, stephano is on the forums. And I remember playing games since I was really young, super mario was a favorite but also power rangers contra aand megaman. Snes were my days now i play casual or quickly play pc games. I don't own any consoles.
Sora
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9266 on: February 15, 2016, 05:01:30 AM »

Yo!
My name is Sora. I finally quit college  a few months ago to become an indie game dev. For now I'm a one man team, working on a snes style 2d platformer. Cave Story The best part about working from home in my opinion is, I can wake up at whatever time I want. For me to keep doing what I love I need money so I plan to start a kickstarter for my game in august, right now I am living on nothing but tap water and crackers.
Stay safe guys.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9267 on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:45 AM »

Welcome all the new people!  Beer!

Sora
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: February 15, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »

Thanks bro!

migs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9269 on: February 16, 2016, 02:16:05 AM »

Hey gang
I'm Megan, game developer and artist from Perth, Australia. I started making games as a hobby, committed to studying and eventually landed a job at a small studio as a designer.

There I met my other half Chris. We're now happily engaged, free of employment and starting full time on our own company; Slingshot and Satchel. I'm super keen to be working on our first release together and we will have a devlog up for that soon. I hope you'll join us through the journey and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Cheers!

BeardTopher
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9270 on: February 16, 2016, 02:17:20 AM »

Hey I’m Chris, the other half of Slingshot and Satchel.

I’ve been a contract artist and indie many hat wearer for a bunch of years now; working for a few smaller studios and a couple of the “bigger” companies. Then as Megs said, we met at a studio here in Perth, got engaged and are trying to do our own thing now.

YellowChord
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9271 on: February 16, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »

Hey, everyone!

My name's Troy Strand. I'm a game composer from Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA. I've been writing music for about 13 years with the last three focused on games.

When I'm not writing, I'm a teacher in a makerspace where we explore STEM concepts like game design, robotics, programming, woodworking, 3D printing, and music production. I love action/adventure games, RPGs, and strategy games.

Right now I'm working on Verdant Skies and am looking forward to making more fun music for fun games. Feel free to say hello!

Cheers! Beer!

Nappy
TIGBaby

you're so cruel to me :(

View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: February 16, 2016, 11:10:50 PM »

My name is Dan Graves.

I have uncut, frizzy and unruly hair.
It is difficult to look at.

It matches me.
My personality is dark.
It matches me

Lately I've seen the worst of people, crooks.
Gang members, pimps, drug users and dealers.
Evil people make my stomach twist.
Many of these types are not evil.
Misunderstood.

Evil is what preys on weak people.

I'm an artist.

Please don't hurt me..
I'm being hunted by everyone.
DeusPL
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: February 17, 2016, 12:48:12 AM »

Hi all!
Good to be here :D
I am Seb of the game making group called Blue Sunset Games Smiley
I love RTS, jRPG and fighting games :D Actually I like almost every type of games Smiley
I am from Poland and creating games is my passion Smiley

Glad to meet you all Wink
Labrino
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: February 17, 2016, 08:01:39 AM »

Yo, I'm Luca.
From Italy, moved to Germany (Berlin). Here I started attenting game jams and the germ of a though came to be: games could be not just a passion but maybe a way to pay rent too!
I'm in the process of figuring out how that can actually happen and in the meantime I'm freelancing and/or helping for free some of my friends with their games.

Most of the games I made during game-jams are lost  Facepalm
Luckily though the GGJ keeps track of them so at least I got the ones there for sure:
http://globalgamejam.org/users/luca-lombardo

that's more or less it, see ya around!
The Lama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: February 18, 2016, 07:28:17 PM »

Hey! My name's Suhail and I'm a student from New Zealand, currently studying Game Art at Media Design School. I like drawing robots and now making games. Just finished my first game so i'll post it on the forums. Looking forward to getting more involved with the community.
Cheers!
crossflip
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: February 18, 2016, 07:54:46 PM »

Hey, I'm Sakthi and I'm a student in NZ too. I'm posting my first game here too. Cheers all
cess
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: February 19, 2016, 07:41:30 AM »

Hey dudes Coffee We are small brand new indie studio called Cess, we are 8 peoples. I dont know what interesting i can introduce here, my brain working in different way at the momment because im typing this message just to post our releases after. Im pretty sure that this big forum like that wont be wondered in any typical details of newbie teams so i'll just live this message here and wish luck to everyone <3
Aww yeah, maybe that will be at least little bit interesting! We are located in Ukraine, city Lviv. API unity.
LukeMcQueen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: February 20, 2016, 06:07:42 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Luca, and I'm a member of Breaking Bytes, a small italian developer studio composed by three people, including myself. We work on retro-styled games that call back to the 16-bit era, and we're currently embarked in our first major project, which I intend to show here as well.

Breaking Bytes
Cipheres
« Reply #9279 on: February 20, 2016, 11:26:19 PM »

I am making an attempt to write an intro but it is so difficult because I'm distracted by the vast array of colorful emoticons bouncing around on the section of my screen just above where I'm typing this okay bye
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic