Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:50:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952022 times)
nosferathoo
Level 1

indiedev from Poland

View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: February 22, 2016, 04:26:44 PM »

Hi guys,

My name is Marcin and I'm indie game developer from Poland. Since I got my first computer - C64 - I wanted and tried to make my own games first on 8bits, then on Amiga using Amos Basic and then on PC with Pascal, Delphi, C++ and finally landed in Unity/C# where I'm feeling quite comfortable Smiley.

I always wanted to make games but somehow I landed normal corpo-like programmer job which in 4-5 years nearly killed my creativity. At the right time I started to participate in Global Game Jams, Ludum Dares etc. which was exactly what I needed. On one of these game jams - CyberPunk Jam - I got clear picture of my idea to use diagrams of Alan Turing state machines as game mechanics. That's how my game called Cyber Sentinel was born and I developed it since then in my spare time and now full time since I quit my job. But you will probably see my game entry soon in devlog section Smiley

Currently I have already published some small games, I'm in the middle of creating my own company with my fiancée and I'm trying to push Cyber Sentinel through Steam Greenlight Smiley.

That's it for now, hope to get your feedback from my projects!

NsoulsGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9281 on: February 22, 2016, 10:24:52 PM »

Hi, we're Nsouls, a mobile game developer for Android and iOS. It's our first time coming here.

We have already developed 5 titles, which include Tap-To-Dig game Under Heroes and Build-Your-Spaceship game Spaceship V. Those two are our favorites, as well as our fans.

We mainly develop 2-D titles, using Unity. We aim to create retro arcade games that everyone can enjoy.

We are more than pleased to meet you guys here. Hopefully it's going to be a good forum residence! Smiley

Mobile Game Developer & Lover of Retro.
Try our games!
Under Heroes : http://goo.gl/lNiygU
Spaceship V : http://bit.ly/1VY4l2l
PixelCows
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9282 on: February 23, 2016, 02:29:37 PM »

Hello Everyone! We're Pixel Cows, a small game studio based in Brazil. 

Here's some of us in our daily virtual office! The dude on the left is Gabriel - he's our lead artist and writer, spreadsheet-maker and Trello card pusher. On the right is JP, our programming mastermind who holds a secret passion for animating cute sprites and making fangames of Mario RPG (yes, sirs, that's a plural). In the middle there is yours truly Bruno, master of gifs, aspiring designer and community manager. The photo only shows the three of us because the rest of the team just isn't pretty enough.

We've been making games for the past 7 years (and counting!). We're huge Ludum Dare fans and have participated in it a bunch of times. We also have a huuuuge, nearly unfinishable on going project called The Journey of Eko (or simply "Eko"), which is currently on hold as we pursue other projects. Eko is probably what we're mostly known for.

At the moment, we're working on a remake of Last Dive, a jam game we made that got us some of the best feedbacks of our lives. We've been lurking in the forums since forever, but we're just getting started in an attempt to share our process in here... Stop by at anytime and let us know if we're doing something stupid! Smiley

Ok, so I guess the next step is to create a thread for Last Dive... We'll give our best to keep it updated with our reasonings throughout our design process + corresponding GIFs and screenshots. Come by at some point to share your thoughts and feedback too, we'd love to hear it! (Oh, and JP is also asking you to let him know if you find yet another Mario RPG fangame he hasn't heard of!)

Well, that's it... Nice to meet you guys! We can't wait to start contributing!

See you around!  Wink

ShishiSoldier
« Reply #9283 on: February 23, 2016, 04:12:29 PM »

Hi,
I'm a student developping video games in Canada. I am mostly doing programming, game design and story for our games. Sometimes doing music for fun, or to integrate in video games.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 05:58:57 AM by JRPGSoldier2202 » Logged
Brenden
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9284 on: February 25, 2016, 06:26:43 AM »

Hey everyone! My name's Brenden, I'm a solo developer based out of Ontario, Canada.
I'm planning to start a devblog here for my current project, SHNIPERS; a game I originally made at a game jam and have been polishing for quite some time. Hopefully I'll have that up shortly, in the meantime, have a gif!

tiagotrigger
Level 0

Brazilian game dev (goo.gl/5ZkQDK)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9285 on: February 25, 2016, 07:00:08 AM »

Hey guys, I'm tiagotrigger, a Brazilian indie developer.
I've graduated in Computer Science and always wanted to make a game that a lot of people could play it.
When I was learning how to make a game I build some games in python and pygame (you can check it in here: Rambit and Hack 'N Run).

Now I'm trying to get my new game on Steam: Ant-gravity: Tiny's Adventure.

Hey, please check out my game on Steam Greenlight: Ant-gravity: Tiny's Adventure. Hope you enjoy it. o/
m00gg
Level 0

Lvl Bacon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9286 on: February 26, 2016, 03:33:25 PM »

Hi all!

My name is Juan Sebastian Muguruza or... just m00gg.

I'm a game developer from Argentina. I like games since I can remember and always wanted to make them!.

The last year and a half I've worked as a full time game developer in a little Game Studio called Trick, we mostly made casual mobile games and some ports too. It ended being really boring for me and plus some other things made me quit the job.

One of those things is The Axe a game i'm doing in my free time with a fellow friend. It's a choise-driven side-scroller for PC. As I quit my job, I needed a new one, so I ended up working as a mobile developer for a local IT company in my hometown, Mar del Plata. Meanwhile, I funded Evil Guinea Pig Studios, that's a pretty cool name, huh?. If you want to know more about Evil Guinea Pig you can check it on facebook or twitter.

So that pretty much sum things up!

m00gg | My beard grows in two days. | The Axe\'s DevLog | Evil Guinea Pig FB | Evil Guinea Pig Twitter
Scout1297
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: February 27, 2016, 01:45:30 PM »

Hi I am (Name Classified Until Further Notice  Cool ) Scout1297 I have programmed before and currently am learning C++. I have been recently making mockups for a game I want to develop called Candidate which I have just posted in the dev fourm.
BorealGames
Level 0

Bradley

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9288 on: February 27, 2016, 05:41:20 PM »

Hi,

My name is Bradley. I am currently a 4th year college student studying computer science in Maine.  I have been developing games in Unity for the past three years and have just recently release an online CCG I call Crystal Companies (updates on Twitter).  I look forward to testing your games and I hope you will try mine out!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:51:00 PM by BorealGames » Logged

Working on an immersive card game in 3D.
Crystal Companies
Ladrik
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9289 on: February 28, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »

Hi Everyone,

My name is David. Since graduating from college I have been doing various contract work for different companies in North Carolina. This was mostly programming and graphic design work. After finishing up a contract about a year ago I decided to stop taking work and refocus my efforts. I spent some time building my art skills and developing assets for the Unity Asset store. After a few months of that I slowly transitioned to working more and more on my own game project. I have recently gotten to the point where I have fully fleshed out my game and am in need of feedback. I am looking forward to sharing my project with the TIG community and providing my own feedback as well.  Gentleman

BinaryBanana
Level 0

Binary Banana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9290 on: February 28, 2016, 09:20:41 PM »

Hello TIGSource!
We are Binary Banana, tiny part time studio from Bellevue, WA. We build different games but we love the most strategies. Our biggest and the most successful project was "Roman Empire" on Windows Store platform. Currently we're trying to publish our new game Stealin on iOS and Android. Hopefully people will like it!

In the meantime, gif from Stealin:

Thanks!
Stealin: http://stealin.mobi

Stealin game: http://stealin.mobi
Nanali
Level 0

Hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9291 on: February 29, 2016, 05:06:59 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Jaehwan, and run Nanali Studios in Korea(South, obviously). And I am an artist personally.  My colleagues and I left only three titles on the scene since I've started to make the mobile game after 2013. I know it is quite slow-footed. We all learn the things about the game(from the basics) after we decided and started the business. Yes, it was quite reckless and tough(deserve it) years.

Firstly, all we are just gamers want to enjoy something new, something different. And then, we decided to make a studio since we are sick of mass production RPG game by Korean big publisher/developer. Recently(and belatedly) I knew that there are so many fantastic works in forums including TIG. It would be easier if I knew many forums earlier since there're almost no adequate communities and forums in our county(because there's not many small size developer in Korea). If you have some spare time, come and see our works in the homepage(we have FB page, twitter and blog. But none of them provide English information).

Hmm..and...let's see. Almost of us like animations of Pixar and Miyazaki Hayao. But not all of them. And I just checked we have six iPhone and one Blackberry users. And we are now developing some unusual puzzle game. And that is the main reason I want to take part in the forum. I have many difficulties in developing stages. Especially, there wasn't enough of Good Feedbacks. I want many feedbacks and advices about my game.

Anyway, that's all I think. Surely, there's more. And I'll introduce the rest of myself and ourself soon.

Thank you!
TheAwesomeHNH
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: March 01, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »

Hi!
I'm Hamashwan (I also go by @TheAwesomeHNH on twitter and other sites) and I'm a designer from Iraqi Kurdistan, I mostly make games during Game Jams with a few friends

My first (and as of this post only) finished game is OH SHIT ALIENS (https://blueblob0.itch.io/oh-shit-aliens)

Thank you for your time!
rrrr2
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: March 01, 2016, 12:25:26 PM »

Hey there

I'm a programmer. Tried to make my own games but never actually finished them, usually because I got to a point where the tools limited me or I  discovered I had been doing everything wrong.
Recently started playing around with unity and will make a post to get some feedback.

I've been reading r/gamedev, gamasutra and a few other places for a few years, gave feedback for some games and made a few modifications to lcs.
BNeutral
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: March 01, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »

Hello.

I'm an almost software engineer (hopefully I'll graduate in the next two years) from Argentina who has been making small flash games for a while. Mostly silly jam games and such.
I go by this handle and also Tantarian in a few places.

I registered quite a long time ago but am more of a lurker than anything.
freakrho
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9295 on: March 02, 2016, 06:17:38 AM »

Hi! I'm Rodrigo, a game programmer in Polyraptor Games. We are just starting as an indie studio but I've been making games for two years.
I enjoy making and playing party games. Apart from that, I like a wide range of games, most of them action adventure but I'll enjoy a game with a good story and great characters (I LOVED Life is Strange).

I'm making games in Uruguay with my team and we hope to release our first one in April/May.

I'm not very good on keeping up with forums but I'll make an effort for this one.
B.o.N.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: March 02, 2016, 10:06:17 PM »

Hello.

My name is BoN. I'm an pixel artist. For now, I'm working with my team's mobile game. My friend introduce me this forum and It has a lot of indie game. I'll post my game soon. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us to improve our game. Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:18:04 PM by B.o.N. » Logged
sschmidt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: March 04, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »

Hello,

My name is Scott Schmidt. I am acting as the marketing and business representative as well as level designer for Hive Mind Studios. We're a newly formed, small Indie studios working out of Indiana. Our group all met while attending Full Sail University's Game Design Master's program and fell in love with one of our game ideas. So, naturally, we set out to set up a company and create the game. I generally like competitive games such as Dota 2 or, more recently, Overwatch, but also enjoy a nice, old fashioned RPG.
BlueSn0w
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: March 05, 2016, 04:35:57 AM »

Hello , i'm Tariq , an indie game dev and a student . i'm making my debut in the mobile market but i'm focusing at HTML5 right now i have a weird taste in games and i like strange games .
Enguerrand
Level 0

-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9299 on: March 05, 2016, 01:44:44 PM »

Hello,
my name is Michael and I build software. This time, it is a game, so I came here to learn from the pros.

Games I enjoyed were Yoshi's Island on SNES for its lively world, Warcraft II for its story and atmosphere and Warcraft III for its frantic multiplayer gameplay.

Currently I work on a simple multiplayer realtime strategy game, a niche I chose to get away without having to invest much into visual art.

Besides my game I am working on UI automation software and software development tools.

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic