Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:33:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953042 times)
divol13
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9420 on: April 18, 2016, 11:49:46 AM »

Hi, I am Dmitry
Nice to see you Smiley I've been making games for about 5 years. Mostly for Android platform.

If you want to know anything about me or about my games feel free to ask me.
canislupus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: April 18, 2016, 01:29:45 PM »

Hi! I came here after having read the Spelunky book by Derek Yu (Boss Fight Books), based on a recommendation from Rami Ismail. In the book, Derek mentions these forums as having a really nice community and they seem like an awesome place in general to show indie work and get feedback. Wink

So I registered.

I'm Daniel. I've been developing video games professionally at Insignio Labs for the past 3 years or so. I find that I tend to be interested more and more in indie games in detriment of big titles. I'm particularly interested in game design and many (most!) things programming-related. If you care - yes, you, the random stranger reading my comment Smiley - I also really like music, particularly progressive metal and guitar solos \m/.

All the best,
Daniel, a.k.a. canislupus
komires
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: April 18, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

Hello everyone!

We are the team behind the Komires, we develop general purpose 3d physics engine for games and virtual reality.

Nice knowing you guys!

Basticat
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: April 18, 2016, 09:47:29 PM »

Heya everyone!

My name is Derek and I'm a programmer and mediocre artist in the United States. In terms of videogames I have a bunch of prototypes but nothing very finished yet. I hope to change that soon!
Hephep
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9424 on: April 19, 2016, 05:59:29 AM »

Hello,

My name is Michaël, I'm a french young dad, working on embedded software, who slowly switched from playing games to making ones. At some point in my life I decided that I was getting too old to keep dreaming about what I want to do, and started to literally do it. I started with sport by getting in shape instead of eternally trying too, and now it's about making games. It may be related to my child, I don't wan't him to see me as a man who have tried and fail at many things, I want to be someone that achieve things, maybe small things, but at least some things.

I first tried with some friends to make a brawler game for fun, on XNA, just for us, but the group didn't last long and we never released anythings. But I didn't wanted to quit and I started and finished my first game on my own, in 2 years, on Unity3D. The results is in my itch.io link in my signature.

what is this thing???

2 years, will you say? Yes, I made a long break in the middle, and didn't had much time to spent on it, or at least that is what I thought. But finishing it was the first step, "It filled me with determination" and playing other indie games reinforced this feeling: I could make things, we all can make things. Undertale is my reference for that now, despite the simple graphics, the fulfill its purpose: telling a wonderful story, giving a great challenge in game play, expressing the right thing without fancy effects. And it's a one man job!

That is what I want to do now. On my scale, of course. So I started a new project, with some rules to follow:
- I must finish this game
- I must finish this game
- I must not see to big, and finish this goddamn game!
- It must be designed so my son can play it (even if he can't read, so no blood no fast blinking action, no swearing, no whatever is bad for kids...)

I have many ideas, the project I'm on it right now is already on my mind, beautiful, gorgeous, with crazy graphics and sounds. But I know I'll have to cut out. I still don't have so many time to give to game making so it should be efficient as possible. And I have one or two others game ideas to do next Grin I'll probably make more and more complex games as I gain confidence and experience.

You can see the progress on my current project if you follow the link in my signature, but don't bother right now, it's still at an early stage.

Thanks for reading me, sorry for any typo I have made, french are bad at english.

Oh and for the records, I'm here because I didn't found any good french forum for indie games at first, and I found this one through a Katana Zero gif...awesome work, and I realised theses forums are the place to be for a future indie game dev star  Well, hello there!

See ya.

And finish your games.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 06:04:50 AM by Hephep » Logged

Scrawled
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9425 on: April 19, 2016, 08:40:40 AM »

Hello. This is Barış Silay, lead writer in newly established Cultic Games, a new gaming studio from Istanbul / Turkey. I will be postin' updates and screenshots of our first computer game; STYGIAN: Reign of the Old Ones, a Lovecraftian computer rpg. I hope to meet with all enthusiastic gamers and get feedback concerning our game. Cheers guys!  Toast Left

STYGIAN: Reign of the Old Ones
A Lovecraftian Computer RPG
http://www.stygianthegame.com
atcolombini
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: April 19, 2016, 03:23:26 PM »

Hello!

I'm Alex, and I'm a programmer with some years of experience in general programming but just about a year and a half in Game Dev. I'm currently working with a team in a game I guess we will post in the DevLog one of these days, but right now, and parallel to that I'm working alone in small projects, including Game Jams, One Game A Month and small games, to grow not only as a programmer but also as a game designer. Right now I'm looking forward to start a bigger solo project to put more time in something insted of hurrying to finish a tiny game for a Jam.

By doing all by my own in these small projects I'm also forcing myself to learn some art, so I'm also learning Blender and some pixel art and a tiny bit of 2D animation and just the basic to add sound to my projects.

I'll be posting most of my games here:
https://atcolombini.itch.io/

and/or here:
http://gamejolt.com/profile/atcolombini/840084

I'm introducing myself in order to ask for feedback in the playtesting forum so if you see me here or there, some feedback on my work would be appreciated [:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:30:41 PM by atcolombini » Logged
Winterdust
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: April 20, 2016, 07:21:27 AM »

Hi! My name is Marcus and I'm from Sweden.

I've made a remake of the ~25 year old JezzBall game called "JezzBall Classic":

https://winterdust.itch.io/jezzball-classic

It's a game similar to Qix if you've played that one. A pleasure to make your acquaintance!
rthorman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9428 on: April 20, 2016, 09:32:33 AM »

Hi,

My name is Russell Thorman, and I am a math teacher in Montana. I picked up coding as a hobby a couple of years ago and have seriously enjoyed the problem solving involved in writing software. I started writing in Lua, and have since switched to Objective C, and then Swift. I have one app on the Apple App Store and am in stages of development on a couple of more pieces of software. For more information on my development, feel free to check out my website at https://lightbulblearninglogic.com.
SkyHex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: April 21, 2016, 12:47:07 AM »

Hi there,

My name is Andrey Selyanin, I'm a game developer. I actually don't remember when I start to play, I was about six or four years old Smiley And I'm playing games all my life (by the way I'm 28). Last 5 years I've been working in a gamedev company, and now I'm on my own.
VisionaryLion
Level 0

I'm no hero, never was

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9430 on: April 21, 2016, 01:00:07 PM »

Hi everybody! Excited to be here Smiley

My name is Kyle and I’m new to the indie scene. I'm an American living in Krakow, Poland teaching English to Polish people and working on my own game in my free time. I have two years of experience as a Video Game Designer and have worked on Bioware’s Star Wars: The Old Republic and CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077. I’ve always wanted to make something great that appeals to what I love about video games: getting pulled into another world and losing yourself in its unique world and characters. Making games for others hasn’t really appealed to me so I figure it’s about time I try making a game for myself, for fellow gamers who enjoy the things I enjoy. If you’ve always wanted to make a game for yourself then contact me and let’s see what magic we can create together.

PS: checkout my portfolio here: www.kjbrennan.com
fearful
Level 0

malware.

View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: April 21, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »

hello towns folk, my name is fearful i'm an artist learning to program along side various mathematical concepts.
Blackson
Level 0

Blackson

View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: April 23, 2016, 07:10:46 AM »

Hi, I'm Bern from South Africa. I got into games many years ago when I got a c64 as a gift (1983). I played a ton of games but also learnt to code. Most of my adult life has been spent building commercial database management systems :-X, but all along, as my hobby, I made my own games. I like to make my own mediocre music using reason or milkytracker. The past few years I have been trying to make the move to full time game dev and have been lucky to have had the opportunity to work on some game projects, with some great people.

A few of my personal projects have been remakes of games I loved back in the day, my take on them if you like

Zenji:  

Sentinel:

Asteroids(...like no one else has :P):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY-UmeByJ-k

nothing to write home about...

(I recently to another jab at sentinel and it came out much better :) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpWFf36O_3E

When 3d studio max came out in the mid 90's I also took a liking to 3d modeling but never really got any good at.

When the UDK was released to the public I decided to learn it, I could believe something this awesome was free to learn.
It was crazy fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbHjHdKVdfg

I did a bit of prototype work with Factor 5 (r.i.p) and that brought me to the mobile platform.
Turrican

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoGPX2eDsZw

Teaming up with local indie devs Open-Reset and the then young Kerosene Games (Americana Game Studios atm) we made what is probably my best project to date, Bounty Arms

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kerosenegames.ba&hl=en

I love to make things that dont quite fit the mold.

Nice to meet you all!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:34:25 AM by Blackson » Logged

Cerubois
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9433 on: April 23, 2016, 04:00:33 PM »

Hey there everyone.

I'm Cerubois (also possibly known as Jacob) from the indie team Salvadora Studios. We're based in Toronto, Canada, and fairly new to the scene.

A brief forewarning that we're going to be launching a significant demo for our first game (The Floor Is Made of Lava) and a Kickstarter soon, which I'll be shouting about in Townhall. Hopefully it sparks your interest enough to investigate. Smiley
th3shark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: April 23, 2016, 09:16:55 PM »

Hey everyone.  I enjoy developing games on my spare time, and I hope to one day make a living doing just that.  As far as skill sets go I'm primarily a programmer, having recently getting my undergrad CS degree and doing projects in Actionscript 3, C++, Javascript, and C#.  I'm slowly learning how to draw as well.

Most of the games I've started fail for one reason or another, but recently I finally completed a game I can consider to be "good": a puzzle-platformer named Cartesian.  For me it was a great accomplishment, and gave me the confidence to really raise the bar on my current project: an action-adventure game featuring pseudo-time-travel named Vision ~ SR.

I'm a sucker for 2D platformers.  If you're making one I'll be happy to test it out.
drewadorador
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9435 on: April 24, 2016, 10:30:54 PM »

Hi,

I'm Drew, or if my wife is mad she calls me Andrew, father of 2 kids and making a living as a programmer in the country of the Philippines.

Gaming started when I was 5, my dad bought me my first console and played super mario. I grew up playing a lot rpg's and fps and dreamed of someday making a game or working for one of the big gaming companies.

As I grew up and immersed in the IT world I came to an idea that I can make a game on my own terms and time. I'm a beginner in game dev but is uber passionate about creating and making my first game. I feel that I still have a lot to learn and I don't want to waste time by not learning. Hoping to show a game that I make soon.

Cheers! Smiley
roland
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9436 on: April 24, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »

Hey guys, I'm elr.

I work full time as a Software Developer but enjoy making games in my spare time. My goal is to create a game that will provide me with a secondary income by the end of the year. I have a long way to go! Hand Thumbs Up Right

Lars3n95
Level 0

KiLa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9437 on: April 25, 2016, 07:48:19 AM »

Hello,

I am Lars. I am a single indie developer. My hobby is developing Apps for Android. My apps are all free and ad-free.

At the moment I have 3 released apps:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=7164132871186129488

I hope I can get some feedback for my apps here Smiley

AlbatrossGame
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: April 25, 2016, 02:11:46 PM »

Hello world.

Name's Jonathan. I'm part of a two-person developer team, relatively new to this. Played games for the longest time, and naively thought "Hey - let's MAKE one, how hard can it be?" - yeh. Super hard. But we're trucking away. I do mostly the easy stuff - texturing, writing and PR. A bit of modeling. Just finished up this sick recreation of the NYC skyline from 1984.

Anyway. Happy and excited to be here! Cheers all.

- J
LNitewing
Level 0

The Insane One

View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: April 25, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »

Hey guys, I'm Lucius Nitewing. I've been around computers for essentially my entire life. From a really young age I was taught about them and how to build and/or repair them. I'm also a lifetime gamer; I don't know much outside of the gaming world and often see life as one big game.

I started on the consoles like the Atari 2600. Yes it was before my time technically, but we still had one in perfect working order along with a rather large antique black & white TV. :D It was when we got a computer that I realised that I liked PC gaming much more. Ever since then I've been a PC gamer.

It was probably shortly before middle school I believe that I decided I wanted to be a game developer. I was very adamant about it when questioned etc and even started sketching ideas and things. I was quite naive about what it took to become a developer of any sort. I'm still have some of that naivety but quickly learning the amount of work and things it takes.

Throughout the years I've dabbled in several game engines and creating things. Although I've never actually finished a project due to some reason or another. I continue to try different things as I love to learn new things even if nothing actually comes out of it. I like to think it's more about the journey than the destination. During this journey I've become a sort of jack of all trades, master of none. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic