Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:23:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953036 times)
notrodta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: April 26, 2016, 10:39:51 AM »

Here's a little bit about myself Smiley

Hi, My name is Rod, I'm a computer science major at CCNY in New York. When I was younger, I always have many ideas/stories in my head and I always wondered what is the best way to get my ideas out there. Before I got into indie game dev, I thought the only way I can share my ideas is either making videos or writing stories, However, I never felt comfortable in front of a camera, so I decided to be a writer. 

But that was all before I found out about game development, and I fell in love with it.  Being an indie game developer is always something very precious because I believe it is the best way to get my ideas out there. Not only can people see my ideas, people will also be able to interact with it, so being indie became my passion and something very personal.

I hope I get to know more of you guys here. Feel free to talk to me. I'm friendly, I promise!  Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer!
amuraco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: April 26, 2016, 10:11:30 PM »

Hi, my name is Anthony Muraco. I am an aspiring game designer who will be graduating from college this May.

Currently I am taking a class with Bethesda's Christopher Weaver. We are required to create a STEM game for 5-8 year old kids in teams of 5. This is our first attempt at designing a game, so we are very excited to be sharing it with the community!
Anton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: April 27, 2016, 01:42:20 AM »

Hey guys !
I'm Anton, A long time ago I had an other account on this forum but I don't even remember the pseudonym I had at the time.
I just read the boss fight book on spelunky.
I'm not good at forums (I don't really like to write because I make a lot of mistakes) but I like this community.
I'm currently a gameplay programer in a Ubisoft mobile studio.
from time to time I do or design games on my own.
I though it might be a good idea to share thoses here Smiley

Superku
« Reply #9443 on: April 27, 2016, 09:11:21 AM »

Hey there!

I'm an awful hobby game dev, working with an (un-)dead engine (Gamestudio A8) and on the same project for 5 years now (called Superku), huh!
I was not aware of this forum until recently, when the wonderful FlipswitchX, creator of Little Walker, suggested this site to me.
I'm probably going to advertise my project here soonish, so please bare with me! (^.^)
Taroku
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: April 28, 2016, 01:09:04 AM »

Hi Smiley

I'm not sure if posting here matters much anymore, but obligatory is obligatory!

I'm afraid I don't have much to show for myself as a gamedev Embarrassed My motivation's been waning for the past year, which I attribute to not finding anybody who I can engage with (which is why I'm here, as recommended by another gamedev). I got a bit of experience composing music as a hobby (https://soundcloud.com/taroku/tracks) and I consider myself to be an AI enthusiast who's still learning the ropes.

I did manage to finish what I consider to be my first game project, but it was the one that you throw away because it was just to teach you how to make the game's core/prototype.

Making things, especially virtual worlds, is one of my biggest joys in life, and I'd rather not see it go away just because I can't share my experiences.
Meangrip
Level 0

Game Over!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9445 on: April 28, 2016, 03:21:37 AM »

Hi there everyone!

I'm an indie developer currectly working on a project called Reverse: Time Collapse with my team.
We would like to share with you all every news about it and to listen to your advices!

Please give us a warm welcome Coffee or a cold one Beer! on TIGForum!

Meangrip
IBwWG
Level 0

In the Beginning was the Word Game (IBwWG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9446 on: April 28, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »

By way of intro, there's this text, which I just wrote up to put on my brand new web site:

---

In the Beginning was the Word Game (IBwWG) started fairly recently, as a response to burnout, and an attempt to return to what got me interested in programming in the first place: making my own games.

Just before Christmas 2015, after finding out first-hand that the phone app gold rush did, in fact, end, I thought of the basic premise for Debatcles (a word game...hence our name), and started experimenting with HaxeFlixel as I developed the idea, refined the physics, and learned a lot from wrestling with bugs and a new language, Haxe.

Then, in late February 2016, with my daughter's 9th birthday on the medium-term radar, I had an idea. For a going-away present, a dear friend of ours had previously written and illustrated a book for her; now I asked what he thought about it being made into a video game, and he was all for it. Thus Willy and Mathilda's Houseboat Adventure Game was born, originally having 9 minigames for her 9th birthday.

This labour of love zoomed along crazily for six weeks, all in secret. Thankfully, the game was playable enough when her birthday arrived! She immediately was drafted as a beta tester and voiceover artist. At that point there were still over 100 todo items outstanding, scattered all over the codebase, a notebook, and my dreams; she added a dozen more during her first play-through.

Which brings us to the launch of this web site (the end of April 2016), and the beginning of being a bit more public about the game's development, because I think it's fun to celebrate what you're working on, and see it better through the eyes of others. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy following what we're up to!

---

But then for the forum here I thought I should share a few more details.  I'm a bit used (from biz programming) to being a jack-of-all-trades, so with that in mind the following should make sense:

For the book-game, most of the art was already done in the form of book illustrations.  To translate it into a game, I used GIMP for static stuff and some of the simpler animations, but, one of the minigames is based on Aikido, so I needed something more complicated.  I tried Spriter for about a week, then gave up when an update fixed some issues I was having and then completely broke z-ordering.  After that I found CoaTools, which let me use Blender...which I had never used before.  So another week of figuring out workflow, and I had enough animations to sort of have a playable game, but still a lot more to do.  Aikido involves a lot of spinning, meaning nearly every frame has z-order changes and sprite swaps.  Not a natural fit for cut-out animation!  But that's OK, I'm fairly pleased with the results so far, if not particularly looking forward to finishing this aspect of the game.

The music, too, is awesome, but limited in quantity, so it will be my job to remix it so it covers more of the minigames.  Remixing is also new territory.

Meanwhile the programming has many todo items.  I thought it would be a good time to start sharing, and also ask for help with beta testing, since our current beta team is stretched pretty thin--counting only those who reported bugs, it was comprised of me, the book's author, our music composer, so the secret wouldn't get out.  Now it also includes my daughter, but a few more sets of eyes couldn't hurt.

I've never published a real game before, so I'm considering itch.io to have a sort of discounted beta, but I might also go with Humble Store once it's out of beta.  Maybe even Steam eventually, if the first two do not reach consoles.

So...that's about it for now.  Looking forward to starting a dev log on here!  I have lots of quirky fun to share with everyone.  Smiley

-KJB

luvial
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9447 on: April 28, 2016, 09:09:54 AM »

Hello everyone !

My name is Ryad and I'm a french game designer and programmer.

Currently in my last year of game design course, but I already worked professionnaly on many games (board games, videogames, VR/AR, stupid and serious stuff...)

It's in french but here are some of my works : http://superryad.wix.com/ryadgodard#!travaux/galleryPage

DigiGuineaPig
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9448 on: April 28, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »

Hello!

I'm DigiGuineaPig, or DGP, or Digi. I focus mostly on pixel art. And my most used game engines are Construct 2, Unreal Engine, and Game Maker. I also grew up on MMF and etc. I'm starting new development on a turn based RPG, and thought I might sign up and share production details.

I also believe I had a TIG account a long time ago, but I don't remember any of the details, so I just remade an account.

Nice to meet you!
LudoSmith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9449 on: April 28, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »

Hi TIG forum people,
This is Jake (Jonghwa) Kim from HandMade Game. I have been in this forum since like...... 2007, but I've been mostly a passive reader on the forum  Embarrassed

I am an independent game developer based on Busan, South Korea. I have created two IGF Student Finalist games Palette and Rooms back in 2006 and 2007 - Gosh, that was long ago.. Shocked I have released two puzzle games Rooms: The Main Building (2008) and Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle (2015).

I've been working as designer/developer at HandMade Game, which is practically only me, and collaborated with other company or artists. Under the name of HandMade Game, I've been pursuing three core values in developing games - Independence, Craftsmanship, and Experimentation. These days, I'm quite interested in Virtual Reality games and released the VR Edition of Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Oculus Store and Steam.

I also run an experimental game festival, Out Of Index (a.k.a OOI) from South Korea since 2014 with fellow indie developers in here. We're preparing the 3rd festival now, and we are accepting submissions now :D! OOI celebrates games that cannot be defined in traditional genre.

I have graduated Interactive Media Division at USC, and I have tremendous interest in expanding games as expressive medium. The image above is from SPACE MAESTRO, my thesis project at USC. It's a galaxy-creation simulator / game art sort of thing that I will one day finish in VR Smiley

Anyways, nice to meet you guys, and I'll post about my game and dev logs for my future games!

-Jake, HandMade Game

Director @ HandMade Game
lightonelove
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9450 on: April 29, 2016, 12:26:04 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Light Wang. A Taiwanese indie developer. I was an Electro-Optical engineer before I becoming a game developer. When I played the game "Braid" by JB. I seen how much more video games can be than just entertainment. That's when I decided to learn some programming to become a game developer.

My fav games are Portal, Starcraft 1, Braid, Danganronpa 2 and Undertale. I'm a programmer and a designer. I can't draw anything though. I've made a puzzle platformer game Constant C and managed to get it released on PSN, XBOX360. But it is a financial failure to be honest Facepalm.   

Now I am part of my co-founded game studio Red Candle Games. We are focus on introducing Taiwanese culture into horror game. Since the market is dominated by western culture and Japanese culture. We aim to create something different from traditional horror trope.

Can't wait to know everyone at TIGForum.  Grin
case81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: April 29, 2016, 06:44:22 AM »

Hi, I'm a game developer from Europe. I am interested in creative stuff. Slowly working on my own game.

Hoping for some good talk and maybe some contacts.

Cheers!
easy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: April 29, 2016, 09:32:49 AM »

Hello.

Long time game developer hobbyist here. Started learning on ZZT which allowed you to make roguelikes using a scripting language called ZZT-OOP.

Over the years I've learned ActionScript, JavaScript, C#, Objective-C, C, C++, Java, Python, and some others. I make my own graphics and sound. I dabble in everything, although programming is my strong suit.

I am looking forward to sharing my current projects with everyone.

Beer!
AtomR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9453 on: April 29, 2016, 10:59:37 AM »

Hey guys.
I'm Ricardo Mota but I mostly go by AtomR in forums.
I've been obcessed with games ever since my cousin bought a spectrum way back in the late 80s. That's when I started programming. I've always played around with game programming and game art one way or the other and eventually started using DarkBasic/DBPro to program games. That's what allowed me to learn a lot of the basics of 3D game programing. Eventually I decided I'd go to college to learn proper programing and soon found Unity3D.

I've been playing video games for so long that It's hard to narrow down the games that influence me and inspire me the most.
Off the top of my head I'd have to distinguish Lands of Lore and Fantasy Star II as the games that really determined my love for RPGs. Especially FSII. It was such a huge world, such an amazing story. I had never felt so emotionally attached to characters in computer games like that. I don't remember ever seeing a main cjharacter die in a game before. It was heartbreaking.
That of course led me to be the Final Fantasy afficionado I am to this day. And I can't help but buy everything the main series puts out because it's alwasy so aweinspiring. Even if the gameplay is not all there, hate it or love Square knows how to polish their games.

Another huge series for me was the Myst series. It was so immersive and so awesome to be in those alien worlds. To this day this is the type of game I would like to make the most.

The Resident evil series is also a favorite of mine. I love zombies ever since playing RE2. It showed that just because Zombies are braindead it doesn't mean stories about zombies need to be.

Fast forward to 2005 when I started playing World of Warcraft which I'm still very invested in 11 years later. I spent about 8 years really really hooked to that world and although I go back with every new expansion I only ever play 1-2months until I feel here is no more content to play. But the story is always amazing (some more than others) and I am sure I will be coming back until Bliz stops making expansions.

In more recent years Amnesia was the game that really impressed me. In 2014 I tried to make a clone of it for a indie gamedev competition which I just converted to android a few days ago.

Being currently unemployed I decided to take a stab at gamedev full time. See where this leads me. Wish me luck Smiley

Take Care
AtomR
Atom3Games
cyberlizzard
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: April 30, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »

Hello!

My name is Chuck, I got started with games when I got roller coaster tycoon 2 at a book fair in second grade. I’m studying computer science at ASU and just kinda floating through unreal engine tutorials on Youtube.
sungk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: May 01, 2016, 09:36:43 AM »

Hi, I'm known as sungk on the interwebz. I like participating in game jams on itch.io. You can check out the games I've made so far on https://sungk.itch.io/.

I really like how easy it is right now for anyone to start making games. Indie games are super cool because they are personal creations that can connect deeply with players. They also take a lot of effort to make so each game has to be important to the person making it. Right now, I'm using the Unity engine and trying to learn as I go along.
lonelybench
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: May 01, 2016, 02:28:17 PM »

Ooook!
My name's Kenneth Park, and I go by Kenny. Nicknames include but are not limited to: Lenny Park, Lenny Bench, Lenny Park Bench, and theParkiestBench.
Since I was a kid I loved playing games. I remember going to my cousins house over long breaks and we'd all play smash bros on the gamecube. I was terrible, though, so most of the time I played SMW on his GameBoy Advanced.

To date, my favorite game is probably Spelunky, which is what led me to TIGForums to begin with. It's just so invigorating, but I keep coming back to it. The closest I've gotten to actually beating the game is level 3 in hell.

I started out "programming" when I was about 10. I played a ton of Minecraft, and naturally I wanted to learn how to make mods. So I went through tons of tutorials, and eventually after copying some code, I made a block that naturally generated itself everywhere around the world. It was a smiley face. And it did nothing. Nevertheless, I was proud of it.
A few years later, I found Construct 2. For those of you that don't know, it's a drag and drop game making software like Game Maker, but easier to use. With it, I played with a few things, but was never able to actually finish a project. I took a break from that for about a year, until I found 2klikphilip's video about his life of game design. After this, I was motivated to finish a game. And I did! ...kind of. In about a week I made a top down shooter and posted it to the Construct 2 Arcade. After releasing it, I got a rush of adrenaline and new that I wanted to continue making games.

Currently I'm a freshman in high school, and before I get bogged down with homework and projects next year, I'm trying to cram in as many games as I can. Just a few weeks ago, I released my first game on the Android app store, and now I'm just trying to find some more ideas.

...And that's about it! I'm excited to share my stuff with the TIG community and also learn from other people's games.
Bye!  Wink
nwizrt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: May 02, 2016, 05:42:57 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm Nuraga Wiswakarma. An Indonesian game developer. I am currently a single person developer for a game called "Vassal: The Arbiter". I have been a passive reader on the forum for a while. I Really fond of the atmosphere on the forum for its supportive and constructive feedback for games under development. So, I decided to post the development of my game on the forum.

My favorite video game series are Doom, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, Diablo 2: Median XL, Heroes 3: Might and Magic, UT, CoD to name a few.

Nice to meet you guys Smiley
rarelikeaunicorn
Level 0

Just keep walking.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9458 on: May 02, 2016, 06:16:21 PM »

Hello folks!

My name is Travis, but probably easiest if everyone just calls me rarelikeaunicorn or, more likely, rare. Wi I've wanted to develop games for ages and after years of doing paper prototypes/board or card games/random concepts I finally started playing with a few pieces of software and getting a fair amount of practice with them last year. I'm also working and a full time student so I haven't completed much in the interim but I have published a couple small projects on itch.io and have a bottomless pile of ideas to edit down from for future games. I'm on here after lurking for months to finally start being more active in the indie community and to hold myself accountable for finishing future projects by devlogging them.

Keywords for me: GBC sprites, pixel fonts, hybrid genres, postmodern literature, horror movies.

Favorite games: Harvest Moon, FF Tactics, VVVVVV.

Kevyn Stott
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9459 on: May 03, 2016, 04:17:27 AM »

Ahoy! I'm Kevyn, I finished a game design degree in 2014 and took my most trusted comrade Joey with me to create Sky Pirate Studios.

I've been making prototypes in gamemaker since I was 12 and pixel art before that, but just getting started as a business and really close to finishing my first full game!
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic