Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:19:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952889 times)
Joj
Level 0

woh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9500 on: May 17, 2016, 08:59:11 AM »

oh hey an introduction thread. Would have assumed there was a 'general' section for this place but that's in the player section? weird.

Hi I'm Joj. I outgrew the last forum I frequented and haven't used a forum for awhile, meaning my circle of friends has become very stagnated. Hoping to make some new friends with similar tastes, a friend pointed me in this site's direction, dunno what their alias is but I'm sure we'll cross at some point.

anyway. obligatory introduction over. I'll go lurk somewhere else for a bit.

StefanSava
Level 0

eh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9501 on: May 18, 2016, 02:38:28 AM »

Hello! My name is Stefan > i'm a aspiring gamedev from Romania. I work full-time as a freelance artist and I come from a oldschool drawing/painting background. I've always loved games and understanding how things work. Making games has been the most challenging and fun part of my work so far and I love it. I'm trying to create my first solo project now and I'm learning programming while doing it which is really great, I just realized this was something I've always wanted to do. I'm not much of a social person hence why I'm not very active on forums and things that remotely hint at large gatherings of people - but I do my best to crawl out of the cave every once in a while.

I have to say this is a awesome community and I'm happy to finally introduce myself! Cheers to you guys  Beer!

DCoward
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9502 on: May 18, 2016, 09:11:55 PM »

Hello all! My name is Daniel, and I'm in the process of making a game.

I have a team of 6, and we all have jobs. I'm the Director for it, and it's been really interesting learning about people managing but also getting into position to make an actual game.

But enough about that.

I'm 23, and got into gaming loooooong ago.

I think I was like 3, 4 or 5. Something like that. I actually learned to read from Pokemon Red and Blue. Since I needed to read to be able to advance in the game, my mom got it for me and I've loved games ever since.

I got into game development as the logical conclusion to having lots and lots of ideas that desperately want to get out.

I hope to enjoy it thoroughly here. :D

Creating a JRPG Judgment's Call.
I have a Patreon going, and it acts as a DevBlog of sorts.

https://www.patreon.com/JudgmentsCall

I'm on Tumblr too.

Gonna use it as a partial DevBlog as well.

Check that out here: http://judgmentscall.tumblr.com/
Codimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9503 on: May 19, 2016, 02:14:01 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm Phil and I'm an aspiring game dev. I'm 17 and I've been gaming since I was 7, when my uncle gifted me an Xbox (the first one!). Currently I developed a couple of games but never released them, but I'm determined to release the game I'm developing now.

Kersei
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9504 on: May 19, 2016, 09:01:51 AM »

Hi everyone, my name is Rafael and I'm from Mexico,

My first encounter with games was in the NES with mario, but I was too young to understand, now I love games and I'm currently developing a game for PC, I've already released two games for android, but I want to make something bigger and better, you'll see me posting my devlog here, It's very nice to get to know this community.

Smiley Smiley
cancer-cinema
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: May 19, 2016, 07:14:07 PM »

Hello,

I can't remember if I've posted here before, but I'm Celx Requin, I enjoy whisky, bad movies, and game development.

It's a pleasure to meet al of you.
Thanks,
- Celx
Riscvul
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: May 19, 2016, 09:33:43 PM »

Hello everyone!

My name is Devin although online you will find me as Riscvul.

I have been working on indie-games pretty heavily for about 2 years now, but due to circumstances haven't been able to release anything yet. Each attempt has been a great learning experience and I hope to eventually persevere and release my first title.

I love PC gaming and have been primarily focused on developing for that platform, but I am intrigued by idea of working with other systems.

I have been lurking around on this forum for a while and decided it would be a good idea for me to jump in and join the community.

A couple of my favorite games are World In Conflict and Dark Souls, but I've been known to play a little of just about everything.

I'm looking forward to being a bigger part of the community.
fabza01
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9507 on: May 21, 2016, 01:40:37 AM »

This has got to be the best introduce yourself thread ever.

pixelperfectpolygons
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: May 21, 2016, 02:42:19 PM »

Hello guys,

I'm Zen. I have working with my friends as on the Unreal forums for almost two years now as a three man artdev team. I'm a graduate from Rugters University with a BA in Political science. I'm 32 years old and am working on a new game with my friends.

I'm a big horror fan although I'm always down for anything. It's important to keep an open mind. I'm still swooning over Doom (2016) and am in the process of knocking out the Nathan Drake collection. Most of my days are spent on gamedev and then hooking up with friends online in the evening and taking care of our backlog. We're almost done with the Wii U catalog. We're working through Pikmin 3.

I'm big on planning things out. I've got the next three months of games planned out for myself and my friends and keep notes of everything I watch / play so I don't lose track of them. I've kept scores for every film I've seen for the past four years. I had gotten into the habit of watching a film every night but finally decided to switch over to games this year and resolve some of my backlog.

Twitter: @ourghostsofwar
squidist
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: May 22, 2016, 11:52:56 AM »

Hello! My name is Peter and I'm eighteen. I've got four months of holiday ahead of me and I want to use that time to make some newbie projects and learn Unity! I think interacting with other beggining gamedevs might help me actually start programming and get useful advice on some topics. Other than making games, I'm interested in drawing (pixelart and other) and writing stories so this medium can combine all my passions! Looking forward to being a part of this community Smiley
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9510 on: May 22, 2016, 04:37:13 PM »

Welcome to all the new Tigsourcers!

Haggen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: May 25, 2016, 06:43:22 PM »

Hello everyone.

My name's Harijan D, i'm concept artist, illustrator, comic-maker who have passion for games since always.
After leaving my mother's belly, I took, doctor told me, the monitoring health screen trying to play ping pong.

Medieval fantasy is forever my favorite theme to appreciate and work on. So I'd grew playing and devouring everykind of stuffs, rpg, books, games, etc.

My personal site under construction, so  I'll post some likes over here:

The webcomic Sword I've been doing.
http://www.tapastic.com/series/Sword

My artstation
https://www.artstation.com/artist/harijand

I'm venturing forth to games industry as natural trend, or maybe cause I'm knowing some cool folks to work on this together.

Cheers!

=)
dmngdsm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: May 26, 2016, 08:58:27 AM »

Hi there, guys!

My name is Ivan. I am living and working in Sofia, Bulgaria (one of those Eastern Europe countries you've heard about but still don't believe existed). I am 26 years old and grew in the 90s - what times! AOE, Heroes III, CS 1.6, Civilization, C&Q, Star Craft and many more....for long years after my childhood I didn't play games though - until I somehow got into game development. For almost a year I've been trying to create an indie MMO strategy game together with my business partners. Right now we are running a Kickstarter campaign and I am almost 20 hours-a-day-online so I decided to spend some times in forums like the good old days...and just chill while praising to the gods to raise the funds we need.

So.... cheers!
akra345
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9513 on: May 27, 2016, 03:05:16 AM »

Hello everybody.

My name is Juan. A self proclaimed "artist" and a college student majoring in computer stuff. So i know a little bit about computer and stuff but right now im an "artist". Currently developing Diluvium, a Post Apocalyptic Survival-Adventure game.

Facebook for Diluvium:
http://www.facebook.com/DiluviumGame

Please like if you feel that this game has potential to be good.

Thanks !
Tivutan
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: May 27, 2016, 09:46:46 AM »

Hey!

My name is Vegard and I'm currenlty an IT student. I have been playing with Unity for a while, followed some tutorial games and  I have made a few simple games on my own. Now I am working on something bigger and that's what brought me to this site.
I'm looking forward to learn more about game development and following topics and discussion on this forum. Smiley
Dylan Moon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9515 on: May 28, 2016, 10:36:44 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Dylan - an ambitious individual from the little island of Malta! I've been gaming since I was very very young - with games such as Command and Conquer 1, Dune 2000, Deus Ex and Doom were some of the very first games I was introduced to and where I started getting the urge to work on developing games. Creating worlds, systems, stories, and ultimately experiences that connect with the player are my passions! Having grown up with games - I learned a lot from games and whilst in University now a days pursuing my degree in Commerce and next year likely going into a Digital Games masters degree - I've been thinking more and more how games helped me get to where I wanted to get.

In my time where I'm not at university - I practice a lot of different elements of game development. I work primarily using Game Maker currently - and I've been learning and practising coding (currently this mostly consists of GML and some HTML and Java), pixel art, game design and what ever I feel like can aid me in creating a better game and that can help me later on!

If your interested - this is my personal blog where I keep record of my journey going into game development. I write progress posts on my current projects, progress on anything I am practising at the time, and sometimes I write about more general aspects - such as techniques I use to work more efficiently and my views on certain ideas such as using Digital Games in Education!

http://moonlitdevelopment.blogspot.com.mt/

I look forward to following and discussing topics and the like on this forum!  Smiley

KryFuZe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: May 28, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »

I'm a programmer using Clickteam Fusion 2.5, and want to get my games out there and noticed. What got me into game design was FNaF. It was cool, scary, and mysterious. And it was made in an engine that I was familiar with. And here I am today, that's all I got.
Kodots Games
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9517 on: May 28, 2016, 11:42:27 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Chit Ko (sorry about my weird Burmese name)! A small guy with small dreams from an obscure nation called Myanmar! Nice to meet you all!

So.. umm... I'm looking forward to be a part of this community :D
Veilastrum
Level 0

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: May 29, 2016, 08:48:23 AM »

Hello everyone.

I'm just a random person who's currently studying Computer Science. I like gaming in general (although mostly PC gaming). I develop games as a hobby (was something I wanted to do ever since I was little)-although I've yet to get anything finished because I keep having too many overambitious ideas (so I'm now concentrating on smaller stuff first).

It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I'm looking forward to (attempting to) be a part of this community.
teatreegames
« Reply #9519 on: May 29, 2016, 10:15:55 AM »

Hi everybody!

I am a meek Python programmer and pixel artist who resparked a childhood desire to create a game! I never owned a fast computer and the video cards were typically onboard, so the choice of games I could run were limited. A few favourites include: Lands of Lore, Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder, TES: Morrowind, and Grimrock (the first one). I've only recently stopped living under a rock (for the most part), so bear with me!

Pleasure to meet y'all!

- Jo
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 10:26:25 AM by teatreegames » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic