Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:25:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952142 times)
YorkshireYank
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9540 on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »

Hi everyone!

I'm not actually a game developer; I am definitely not smart enough for that particular discipline and am always impressed by the amazing games that talented individuals can create. I'm actually a Youtuber who does daily live streams, but I also produce a weekly video series called "Top 3 Indie Games of the Week" on my channel. I've done 3 episodes so far so if you'd like to take a look at it sometime,  here's a link to the most recent episode (MODS: inappropriate): :https://youtu.be/Tir3gT51luU

My goal is to give great indie games and their developers more exposure as it's a crime that so many great games get completely overlooked because of their humble beginnings. To that end, if you have a game you'd like me to take a look at and you're confident in it, get in touch! I'd love to feature it sometime.

Cheers!
michaelsong
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: June 03, 2016, 05:10:16 PM »

Hello everyone!
I'm a game enthusiast. My gaming career started about 20 years ago when my cousin showed me an Nintendo FamlicyComputer (The Japanese version of NES) and we played through Double Dragon 2 again and again. I spent most of my gaming time with MMO and Chinese-style RPG before college. Then, I got my first console——an XBOX 360 slim. It opened up a new world for me. Games with stunning graphics and immersing mechanisms shows me what a game is capable of. My favorites are Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption.

I'm also learning to be a game developer, teaching myself C# and Unity. Currently I'm help my friend doing some PR for his indie game.
fergie77
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: June 04, 2016, 05:13:42 AM »

I wish I'd found this forum years ago...

In any case, Hi, my name is David. I've been playing games for god knows how long. I started out I believe with my uncle's SNES. The first game I ever played was either Super Mario World or F-Zero, but I'm not quite sure which came first. However they both got the absolute hell played out of them.

Next was the inevitable Pokemon love story, I managed to get my first gameboy about a year or two after it came out, with Pokemon Yellow and Kirby I think. I played yellow constantly until I had a full team of 100s and mew from the Celadon City glitch Wink However it would end in heartbreak, as I tried to use the cloning glitch from GSC and wiped my save file.

I was in tears Cry

But I got over that eventually and I've been an avid game player until this day... Now I'm trying my hand at actually making games, so hopefully this forum will be a fun place to bounce ideas around! However I appreciate that this thread is nearly 500 pages long, so the chances of someone actually reading this are slim to none. So I'll get posting in the rest of the forum to hopefully become a part of this community!

Many years ago I was one of the original members of the StickDude Pivot Animation forum, not sure if anyone else would have heard of it, but it was pretty big in its day. That's what got me into animation, which led on to using Endorphin to make wrestling simulations (Feels like a long time ago now)... I gave it up for a long time, but starting to create games recently has seemed to reignite a fire in me that I had all those years ago.

So here's hoping we can have some fun. And if anyone reads this, well, have a nice day  Wink Toast Right

Also quick question, can we use GIFs as profile pictures? And if so, how? I've uploaded one to IMGUR and tried to use the direct link, but its not accepting it. Is there a size limit?

Card Quest
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: June 06, 2016, 06:42:17 AM »

Hi all!
I came here to ask for feedback in the playtesting forum but saw in the guidelines that I had to introduce myself first. Tongue
So, here I am. I'm not very good at presentations but I'll give it a try.

I am a game developer, have been one all my life. Made my first games (board games) when I was 6, and kept going ever since. Some of my fondest memories are of making levels for Duke Nukem 3d and scenarios for Civ 2 when I was 11.
I have worked in the industry for a long time and made a a few failed attempts at going indie. This one being my latest (attempt, not failure). Tongue

I'm looking forward to checking the forums, and getting some feedback. Smiley

pimago
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9544 on: June 06, 2016, 08:27:48 AM »

Hi,

A few months back, I posted some screenshots at this forum and have now come to ask for feedback in the playtesting forum, but I saw in the guidelines that I had to introduce myself first. So ...

I go by the studio name PIMAGO when releasing games on the App Store & Play Store. Astute readers would probably figured out that my real name is Peter when looking at my games on the App Store.

I'm not a full time indie ATM. My day job consists of feeelance PHP & JS work. I'd rather be doing MagicaVoxel, Blender & Unity instead as they challenge parts of my brain that won't get a work out from the day job. My dream is to be able to make games that I like and be sustainable. Not easy, I know & many have failed to do so, but I have to at least try.

gamesbrewer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: June 06, 2016, 11:37:41 PM »

Hi all! I am Jon Ho from Games Brewer. Just released my game on android, more to follow soon.   Cheesy
pilvik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: June 06, 2016, 11:46:37 PM »

Hi! I'm a game developer from Estonia.
Quit my job with the main goal of making awesome games! Currently have 3 ongoing projects. One of them is Tribocalypse, fps multiplayer with tribal setting. Another one is Team Carrotarrow (startup project focusing on mobile platforms). And my last project is helping out my friend with his game release.

DiogoRBG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9547 on: June 07, 2016, 01:46:38 PM »

Gentleman Hi!

First like to say how happy I am to find a forum about games. Forums should not be forgotten, only the forum are able to provide in-depth discussions. Grin

My name is Diogo RBG. I am a game developer ... programmer, to be specific. I make beautiful things ... but depends on how you see them. Smiley

SNES was the video game more played. Zeroed Super Mario and Donkey Kong often.
These days played Sunset Riders to kill longing.

Now I will take a look at some topics Blink  << (liked it)

NEM907
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9548 on: June 07, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »

I'm NEM907 AKA Nathan Martin and I'm a indie game developer (duh). I have been playing video games as long as I can possibly remember and started with games like Never Winter Nights Gold and Diablo. I am currently in high-school and working on a game called CaveFights homepage linked here: martingame.weebly.com (#ShamelessPlugin). A goal I have in game development is to help people have fun playing video games. If I were to hate anything in the whole world it would be spaces (why else would the my game CaveFights have no spaces). So ya that's some information about me as a game dev.  SMB Mario
DT Softworks
Level 0

To contact me on skype add: dazzytech_dtdigital

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9549 on: June 08, 2016, 05:11:42 AM »

My name's Dazz, sole dev of DTDigital.

I created the studio for my placement at university, hoping to be able to continue it afterwards. This has been a life goal, in fact my only other interest is gym.

I create Sci-fi games with hope of wokring on MMOs in future. I used to play Anarchy Online, Face of Mankind, but I also liked smaller indie ones such as Dead Frontier.

Cheers!

Scarzzurs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9550 on: June 09, 2016, 01:49:25 AM »

Hey, my name is Rune Holm.

My interest in game development began a few years after my family got their first computer (a 133mHz Pentium). I started modifying games, initially just the sprites of a pokemon game I've later forgotten the name of. I then moved on to modding weapons in the game Liero and later LieroX, where a mod I made named Modern Warfare ended up played more than the core game itself or any other mod for that matter. I then moved on to writing mods with actual code in relation to Warcraft 3 and Counter-Strike.

Having no real idea what I was doing I somehow managed to make a somewhat popular mod for Counter-Strike I named Matrix Mod. This gave me the spark to start a game from scratch, named Weapons of War, in which two players control a tank and have to kill the other.

At this point all I knew was either self-taught by looking at other people's work or learned from tutorials, but I had a keen interest in learning, specifically how to program. Thus It only felt natural to start studying Computer Science.

While studying I worked on a school game project with a artist named Mathias Severin who later got me a job in the business. Two years ago we both got bored of our jobs and decided to start our own company called Whalegun. We've just recently released our first title Utopia 9 - A Volatile Vacation on Steam which makes me very proud.

I believe I used to have a thread regarding a small project I made in this forum. At least I found an old registration confirmation email for this particular user name. But I've forgotten the name of the game and my account seemed to have been deleted at some point, so I can't be sure.

Anyways, enough rambling. See you around! :D

- Rune
portaplay
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: June 09, 2016, 02:27:29 AM »

Hey, Hans von Knut here, old-time game dev, working with game design and project management.
I started working on JME games (old java phones), and are now enjoying the age of 3d engines with unity etc.

I have founded PortaPlay in 2007 and have mainly been doing work-for-hire in the meantime, but have just recently just launched our PC/Mac real-time-tactics game Tales from the Void on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/419590/

And a more humorous ragdoll-death-teaser:

pixelmeat
Level 0

@pixelmeat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9552 on: June 09, 2016, 03:42:03 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Jordi Garcia and I joined Mango Protocol as game designer like one year ago.

Beer! Kiss

I've been making games for more than 5 years now. I know how hard is to try and survive crafting video games. Shrug
That's why for this new stage I'd like to come and share with all of you the development of our games, so you can help us improve and we can share our joy and frustration with you.

But first things first. Mango Protocol released MechaNika last year and we all think it's been a humble success. But the plan was to tell lots of stories based on the same universe (The Psychotic Universe) that Mariona, our artist and mother of all things, had created many years ago.

So that's it, I'll soon be writing the first post for the DevLog of Agatha Knife, our next adventure. I hope you find it interesting and have lots of things to say.

Here you have some links in case you want to know a bit more about me or Mango Protocol and the things we do.

Mango Protocol Web
MechaNika on steam

@pixelmeat
@mangoprotocol

mikianthony
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: June 09, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm Miki Anthony from Denmark, game designer at Bubblerap, which are developing a narrative driven exploration game, Skyld (http://skyldgame.com/).

I've been making games as long as I can remember, my first game was an adventure game made in Powerpoint. Later I moved to Flash and made a bunch of games, together with my brother (Like Artificial Junk -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/484208) and now Unity is my game engine of choice.

I hope to take games forward and make it become accepted as a medium, by making games which appeal to a broader/different audience than the mainstream.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:51:12 PM by mikianthony » Logged

avidanimefan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9554 on: June 09, 2016, 07:46:15 PM »

I've been off and on here for a while, but recently I'm back for a variety of reasons. I'll just drop a little about myself, my motivations and my work.

Firstly I'm Scott, you can call me Avid though. I grew up in the SNES golden era, when games were beautiful AND thought provoking. I tend to favor older games, pixel art, thought-provoking stories and engaging quests. I didn't start developing games until a few years ago (around 5-6 now to be exact) however I spent my entire life as a creative being flowing with ideas that I just never capitalized on.

My motivation in making games is simple - yet also a bit personal. When I was 7 my father saved me from drowning. When I was 16, I was heavily depressed due to a love lost - and one day finally just decided to end it. My mother came into my bedroom at that exact moment that I had decided on the details. Sat down next to me and said "Suicide is a terrible way to die. It's also very selfish, it deprives the ones you love of all you have to offer." Needless to say her impeccable timing, and her words saved my life.

These are two very important-very special people in my life that I decided to work for with all my strength until they are no longer with me - or vice versa. Deciding that, I started working, day and night. Teaching myself programming. First simple stuff, HTML, CSS, then onto languages like C++, Unity Script. I quit, came back, quit again and returned. Then went through a 5 month period where I would program, study and apply every day for nearly 18 hours a day, sometimes 5-6 days a week. Finally, I felt myself proficient enough to try putting together a few games (and quickly learned that I wasn't really that proficient at all ha) Flash forward nearly 4 years and a lot of experience later (around hmm 10,000 hrs just on developing games alone almost everyday for the past 4 years) Here I am today, still working in the hopes that one day I will be able to repay just a measure of the years I still have to the people who saved me not once, but twice and hopefully do something I love in the process.

I still haven't gotten as far as I want or would like to be, but I'm slowly getting there.

If you wish, you can check out my personal website for a peek at some of the things I worked on in the past, or present.

Thanks for your time
-Avid

http://kck.st/28oHAfz
Spirit Saga : Origins on KS Now.
AlekseyS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9555 on: June 10, 2016, 08:46:15 AM »

My name is Aleksey S. I am a concept artist and an indie game developer from Canada.
After a few years of freelance and developing my skills, I wanted to contribute to the community that has taught me so much.  I’ve started a patreon page called Gamedev: The Pipeline and my goal is to share everything I know about video game art production pipeline.
Here’s a little teaser of my work:

Even though 3D is my medium of choice, I’m very open to and excited about new tools and art styles. I’m currently working on modular environment series, but in future planning to create videos covering level design and 2D asset creation.
Really excited to share my work with you!
qryll
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9556 on: June 10, 2016, 03:31:49 PM »

Hi everybody,

My name's Miller and I recently quit my AAA job to go full-time indie. I have enough money saved up to do this for a year or two, we'll see how it goes!

My project is tentatively called Adventure Delivery Service and it's a top-down procedurally generated ARPG. I'm using Unity, Blender, and Paint.NET.

Looking forward to participating in the discussion on here!

KrilltheKill
Level 0

Shiz

View Profile
« Reply #9557 on: June 11, 2016, 06:33:27 AM »

Well, yeah, hello (I'm really bad in introductory posts, so bare with me for a moment).
My name's Yan, I'm just really curious about game developing and such. I always had an unconditional love for games, which sparked my curiosity on how they were made.
Three years ago I entered a gamedev course, but some complications appeared while I was in this course, which led to me being the sole developer to a M.U.G.G.E.N project I had no idea how to make. So I quit the project and the course, all the money I put in it wasted.
Fast forward to now, as I am making this post. To start off: I have no idea how to program for shit, I don't have any idea how to make any sort of art, and also I'm not natural to the english language (so expect some broken english now and then, since I can't  be consistent with it). So all is left is my creativity, and luckily that's where I excel at.
But having an idea is just part of the process, I'd like to have a creative team to make very small but creative projects, I'd love to know how it is to develop and publish a game with someone who's truly interested in the project we both are making.
I hope I made this decision to ask for help (for a lack of a better term) before, maybe I'd have some better ideas not abandoned before I even started trying.

KillaMaaki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9558 on: June 11, 2016, 03:03:21 PM »

I'm Alan Stagner.
I'm an entirely self-taught indie dev with a wide variety of interests. My primary engine of choice is Unity, and I've collaborated on a number of plugins for the Unity engine including DFGUI, DFTween, and DFVoice.
Recently I've also taken an interest in making retro pixel-style games with a focus on authenticity in terms of graphics and sound to consoles of the 16-bit era (such as the Genesis and SNES). I've dabbled slightly in C programming homebrew for the Genesis, which is partly where this interest has come from.

In line with that, one of my goals is to form a team around making a realtime action RPG presented in a similar style as classics such as Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger, with combat inspired by side-scrolling brawlers.
DingGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9559 on: June 12, 2016, 09:30:04 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Shawn Greer. I'm the lead designer and developer of Ding! Games. A small, Indie studio started with a few friends. We published a couple of mobile games to get our feet wet, and we're now moving over the PC to enable us to do something a bit bigger.

We're in pretty early development of Where Are My Pants?! A 2.5D action/sidescroller that draws a lot of inspiration from the old Megaman games, as well as 1001 spikes. We've done some initial prototypes, and things are looking good thus far.

Feel free to check us out or say hi on any of the following:
Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @ShawnGreerDing
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dinggames/

Shawn
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic