Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 07:43:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953581 times)
Fabs
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9580 on: June 22, 2016, 04:58:57 AM »

Hi everybody!

I'm Fabian from Navel, an indie studio from Ludwigsburg, Germany.
We started our studio three years ago in my kitchen.

In the meanwhile, we have a proper office.

I can't exactly pinpoint whether my first contact with games was Tetris and Super Mario Land on my cousin's Game Boy or Commander Keen on our first home computer.
I have vivid memories of the 16Bit era though, with Sonic, Mario, Golden Axe and Street Fighter II.
What really put games in an important place in my heart though was the launch of the original Playstation. My fondest and most formative memories of games come from Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil.
Even though those games have a heavy narrative component, I tend to focus on simple, tight mechanics that lend themselves well to being polished ad nauseam.

We're currently working on Mimics, a mobile game about imitating cartoon faces with your own face, while the frontcam takes a photo. Then, the other players have to guess which out of three cartoons you imitated.

Looking forward to spending more time here!
ProminenceF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: June 22, 2016, 09:21:46 PM »

Hi! Name's Christian, and, well, I've technically been a member for quite some time, but largely I lurked.

I'm a 3D artist and animator, currently heading a small development team called Blue Comet Games. I'm from Louisiana, in the US- we don't have a whole lot of game devs down here, but I'm hoping to be one of the rare few!

Longtime fan of fighting games, racing games, and action/adventure games. Been playing since I was 5, on the original Game Boy.
Currently, the big thing in my life is working on a futuristic racing game called Acro Storm, very excited about that.

Aside from games, I enjoy biking, martial arts, and cooking when the mood strikes me. Also a bit of a night owl.
So, yeah, that's the major stuff!
jsmars
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: June 22, 2016, 11:03:18 PM »

Hello everyone.

My name is Jonathan, I've been into gaming since as long as I can remember. The original NES at my friends and cousins places, then I got a SNES, which really still holds all my favorite games such as Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 3 and ofcourse A link to the past. These are probably my all time favorite games.

Later on a got an N64 and then a PC which got me more into PC gaming, where I got a major love for games like Quake III, Diablo 2, Dungeon Siege, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, etc. More recently I don't have as much time for gaming, but I play mostly either multiplayer games with friends, or small singleplayer indie games from the couch. My recent favorites are Titan Souls, The Talos Principle, FTL and I've played an unhealthy amount of Spelunky the past few years, which (without trying to butter up any admin) is probably the only game released for about 10 years which actually gives me the same feelings as I have for my favorite classic SNES games.

I'm 27 years old, I live the goodlife in the country side in Sweden (cheap as hell - with fiber up to 10gbit ofcourse), I'm married and have a lovely 5 month old son. I started out in the modding scene while in highschool (Unwheel & original Nuclear-Dawn team), and got my first job in the industry as a 3D artist at DICE about 10 years ago, I quit after about a year, and did some freelancing for a while for some Gearbox games, and after that I got more into programming, so for the last 5 years or so I've been making my own game projects while doing freelancing, working odd jobs and getting a degree.

For the past years I've worked on a bunch of different projects and game jam games (one of see below), and I should have finished something by now, but I've always been to busy with other things, now finally though, I'm planning on spending more time at home, only being with my family and giving the whole indie scene a more serious shot. I've been lurking on these forums for a while, but I thought I might as well join up to hopefully keep up the motivation!

Anyway, it seems the indie scene has really grown in the past years, but I still believe if you just make something awesome, it will succeed, since it's still hard as shit to make something great and actually finish it. Cheers all!

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-29/?action=preview&uid=3933
RisingtheGame
Level 0

We love Pixels

View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: June 24, 2016, 05:32:16 AM »

Hello people!

I'm a girl, love gaming ever since I was a little kid and got my Super Nintendo (still have it!). I work as Marketing director at Node Games Studio, so I'm gonna introduce myself and my fellow friends. My name is Vivien, but friends call me Vivi, I'm 22, red-haired, have a thing for games with intense history and aesthetics. I love Super Mario, Yoshi Island, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X and Okami.
So, now my fellow mates, we are 5 on total. Ayrton is our character designer and gameplay designer, he opened up our company and put us all together. Joel is our scenario designer, what would our games look like without him? All those pixels and details would definitely be missing. For the background music and sound effects we have Saulo. And for last, Rafael is our programmer (the whole thing wouldn't work without him).
We are about 1 year old, but our baby is here. Rising is our first game!

It is an non-stop action game, with lots of enemies coming to get you. The world is filled with chaos and the hunting party must fight back and send them back to hell. You can go as a single-player, Co-op, and there is also 2 Arena Modes, one Survival Mode and one Deathmatch Mode.

Hope we can chat a lot and help each other out!
Denzilb55
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: June 24, 2016, 06:54:11 AM »

Hi!

My name is Denzil, and I'm from sunny South Africa! In my free time, I'm working on a game called Control Shift. It looks something like this:

Cheers

PsychoScientists
Level 0

Dev & GD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9585 on: June 24, 2016, 08:57:21 AM »

Hi! I'm new here so it's time for presentation... I'm a student living in Paris, France, last year of studies of developper. It's been two years since I'm doing a lot of game design too. So I've been developing games for like the last 3 years. I've been doing things from scratch, with SFML, and also with Unity (but I really don't like it) and Unreal Engine.

Well, I like big robots, punk rock... and about video games, I mostly like japanese action games, adventure games, shmups and rhythm games.
See you later!
Xerxes1138
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: June 24, 2016, 10:58:51 AM »

Hello !

I'm Charles, a 2D/3D artist from France. It's been 6 years I'm working in the game industry from my home as a freelance and now trying to make my way into the world of indie developper.

I'm currently working on two games on my own and it's not an easy task  Smiley.

Hope to see you guys around!

Some of my favs games :

Another World,
System Shock 2,
S.T.A.L.K.E.R series,
Duke Nukem 3D,
Dark Forces,
Jedi Knight Darkes Forces II,
SOMA...
HyperAwesome
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: June 25, 2016, 11:42:37 AM »

Hey, I'm Alex from Hyper Awesome Entertainment! We're a game studio based in New York City trying to launch our first console game, Dungeon Punks! We are not robots, and we are totally cool doods. It's Saturday, time to get my drink on. Beer!
Mr.GameandAudio
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: June 25, 2016, 06:00:14 PM »

Wow, a lot of people posted their life stories on here! I'll follow suit.

I'm a guy from around the Seattle area whose been into games since he was young. Like so many in my generation I wanted to "become a famous game designer." Of course back then I had little to know clue of what the industry or what game development was like.

How did I get into Games? when I was younger, my mother bought me a Super Nintendo, Super Mario All Stars, The Lion King and a few other games. I spent the dreary nights of my childhood playing them and secretly analyzing how they tick. I became so enthralled by the logic they presented and the experiences they gave that I wanted to make one myself and present those types of games.

Despite this, my environment as a child was filled with music and audio people so naturally I picked it up. This has of course made the transition into making games a lot harder due to having to deal with my natural urges to make music.

I'm working on a game with some friends in a company called "The Gaming Colts." It's about a magical pony princess that shoots things with magic.

I hope to learn much from TIGSource and from all of you!
MisterDeluxia
Level 0

No.

View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: June 26, 2016, 07:53:12 AM »

Hi i am a dude who wants to make stuff, i dont really know what stuff but something.
i have a bit of experience doing art but none with making video games.
i guess thats it!
Smiley

I would put a signature but i dont have a pen...
mrcsbmr
Level 0

I make games and loiter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9590 on: June 27, 2016, 11:21:41 PM »

Hello!

My name is Marcus and together with my little team, we work on the mystery point & click adventure Unforeseen Incidents. I'll write a post about it later. More info about us: http://www.backwoods-entertainment.com

I'm just exploring getting to know the forum. Looks like a very nice place so far!  Beer!
OddlySpecificYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: June 28, 2016, 02:44:39 AM »

Morning all, I'm here because I got sick of feeling alone in the indie gaming world and figured there must be communities full of like-minded people!
PetterBergmar
Level 2

Animator by day, gamemaker by night. And fridays.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9592 on: June 28, 2016, 04:17:17 PM »

Hello everyone. My name is Petter Bergmar. 10 years ago I started animation studio Good Motion (goodmotion.se) and since then I have been working full time with 3D animation and VFX. However at nights I have always built game prototypes and experiments. When I was a kid I used Klik & Play, then the Games Factory. After that I learned Flash, Game Maker, and now I work in Unity.

I've come quite far along the way with a puzzle game I'm making called Amazeface. Will probably post a devlog for this shortly.

Twitter: @pbergmar
KevinTillman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9593 on: June 29, 2016, 02:36:57 AM »

Hi everyone my names Kevin Tillman I just signed up to TIG. I come to share my 2D game, you can find my blog at kevintillman1.tumblr.com thanks!

Erikari
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9594 on: June 29, 2016, 11:48:38 AM »

I'm so amazed by the people in this thread! D:
And yet, here I am. My name is Erika and I'm a girl from Milan, Italy. I love animation and illustration, though I always loved the first better. I had some working experiences in small indie teams where I freelanced and learned a lot of stuff, but I still feel like I really don't know enough, but I do love what I do and would love to do more.
www.erikari.it is my website.
I'm fond of tea and love dogs, hate cats, love cute and gore stuff.

Hi I'm new! 2D animator and illustrator itch.iomy website
Kandonian
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: June 30, 2016, 06:05:13 AM »

So my name is Russell Anderson and for many years now I have worked on games and software from AAA to banking security and more!

In the past few years I started a indie company which took off much better than I could have ever imagined and we are currently on our 4th title which we will be announcing later on in the year.

We attend most of the major events here in the UK such as Insomnia Series, Comic-con and have office and event sponsors with TT-Esports and Coolermaster.

We are currently based in Scotland and hope to meet like minded people on here to really set our foothold in the industry.
ShockworkGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9596 on: June 30, 2016, 10:40:10 AM »

Hi!

We are Gamespol. We're from little city in Poland and we create indie games. They aren't very popular yet, but gamedev is our passion. So...maybe...someday... :-)

Our current project is HandyBot, a logic puzzle game, here you can check it out: https://www.instagram.com/handybot/

Here's our website: http://gamespol.pl/pl/

Nice to meet you all! :-)
Shigatosis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: June 30, 2016, 02:26:13 PM »

Hi everybody!

I'm a computer science major looking to get in to game design. I've been making games in my free time recently, so I look forward to posting some of my work here for feedback!

I grew up playing Nintendo games like Ocarina of Time and Star Fox, but as of late I've mainly been playing PC games. Dark Souls, Nuclear Throne and Half Life are among my biggest inspirations, but I try my best to play a little bit of everything.

I also like analyzing and testing games in development, so I'll probably be spending a lot of time in the playtesting forums!
jtaniguchi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:32 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm Jeff Taniguchi. I'm a professional graphic designer who started learning programming and game dev a few years ago. I love art and design and, of course, games! I'm from Canada. Prairie boy.
Bland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: June 30, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »

Hi there, My name is Paul. I'm a designer/programmer, and I just moved to Washington to pursue a career in games. I believe games have far more potential than most people give them credit for: potential to engage, enlighten, expose, etc. That said, I just a made a silly game about a fish who pushes around flotsam 'to get to the other side.' I am hoping to connect with like-minded developers to eventually create games that not only delight their players, but also facilitate personal growth.

Before I moved, I was pretty big into the competitive Super Smash Bros: PM scene in Tennessee. You can see some clips of me getting demolished on Youtube if you ever care to.

Good to be on the forums; this seems like a cool community! It's been too long since I used some good ol' fashioned forum emotes.  Beer!
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic