Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:45:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1950357 times)
BenDroste
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9640 on: July 20, 2016, 04:48:52 AM »

Hello!

I'm Ben, as my username suggests. I'm an Australian based indie games developer, currently located in Brisbane.

I've been around the Aussie games industry for twelve years now, working at various large studios. But a few years back I founded my own indie studio and started working full time as a solo indie dev. My background is as 3D environment artist and level designer, but after moving into the indie life I now do a bit of everything.

My first title (which I will post about shortly) was a huge learning experience in this respect. I taught myself programming for it and learned a lot of lessons about game design, project management, QA, sound design, and just about everything else in the process.

I hope to learn a lot more as I continue to make games and grow my studio.

Lead Developer at 100 Stones Interactive, my Brisbane based indie games studio.
and0
Level 0

I do things and translate stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9641 on: July 20, 2016, 09:34:36 AM »

The name's Andrej. My gaming journey started when my dad bought me the Mega Drive with Sonic and Castle of Illusion for my 4th birthday. I do have vague memories of playing Atari 2600 with him, but that's where things really kicked off.

My first contact with gamedev was The Games Factory (then later Multimedia Fusion) which I used to start and never finish a couple of Sonic fangames several yonks ago. Now I'm running my own one-man indie game studio Ohsat Games which will hopefully provide an income someday.

Until then I'm making my money as a freelance translator (JP>EN<>DE) in order to put my BA degree in Japanese Linguistics to some use.

That's about it, I guess. Here's my two latest games to finish this off in style. JettyCat Towers on the left, Boxtermination on the right.

I got pink cats with jetpacks right here.
Saxton
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: July 22, 2016, 12:03:36 PM »

Hello, my name is Aleks and I'm Polish student. I just started to make mobile games for android. I'm learning C# for few weeks, earlier I learned simple programming in C and pascal.

My first attempt to make something in Unity was during hackathon in my universyty, but I only ate pizza there Grin, because my skills was so low.

Now in holiday time I'm doing something to improve my skills. 2 weeks ago I started making my first game called Hexyball. It is not any fresh idea, but important thing for my is that I know how to do something for android and for example how to add adverts or achivements. Here is my profile on google play https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Aleks+Lig%C4%99za

I hope in a few months I will learn how to do something more advanced
AdultSciFi
« Reply #9643 on: July 24, 2016, 11:54:18 AM »

Hello all!  Coffee
I am from near Montreal, Canada. I am 46 years old and have been programming almost my whole life. I have been wanting to make a game for a long time but always chose projects that were to big for a single person. So I have now started work on a project that is much smaller and hope that I will be able to finish it.

Be seeing you!
dai71th
« Reply #9644 on: July 25, 2016, 04:28:57 AM »

Hello,
we are Dai71th Labs and our team is made of 2 people, takaraman and harbertman. We have an insane love for videgames and for almost all electronic music, from Kraftwerk to latest dubstep stabbers. We are specialized in 2D action games and we hope to have the chance of meeting people here for sharing ideas and suggestion on how to make a decent game that doesn't fall apart in 2 days.
At the moment we have one completed game, Slaves of the Darkest, and a wip one, Cyborg Deejay.
For those who are a little bit curious, here is the facebook page of Dai71th:
https://www.facebook.com/DAI71th
and our development blog:
sotddev.blogspot.com/

thanks for accepting us in the community.
Whishing the best to all of you Toast Right Toast Left

Minduim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9645 on: July 25, 2016, 10:48:08 AM »

Hi again, everyone!

I haven't saw this topic before and introduced myself in a topic in the Art section, so let's do in the right place this time!

My name is Paulo, I'm an illustrator, concept artist and aspirant animator.
Since I can remember I like to do drawings and play videogames, my first console was Atari 2600, but when I played Street Fighter II in the first time, I decided to join the two things!

As I said in the other topic, I hope I can contribute positively with the community forum! Beer!

To see some of my works, take a look in:

www.pauloperes.artstation.com

EDIT:
My pixel art works:
http://pixeljoint.com/p/18121.htm
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:05:39 AM by Minduim » Logged

Opened to freelance and commission works

http://www.pauloperes.artstation.com
Fincks
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9646 on: July 25, 2016, 02:18:32 PM »

Hey,

I'm a graphist.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9647 on: July 25, 2016, 04:51:14 PM »

Hey,

I'm a graphist.
You are the best

Vertigus
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9648 on: July 26, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Dave, yet another game developer. I've been programming since the age of 12 which was 36 years ago. I've made several smaller games but trying to stick to finishing something bigger this time around. Looking forward to spending some time around here.

dave_sullivan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9649 on: July 27, 2016, 02:10:39 AM »

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dave, I'm a 30 year old software developer living in the SF bay area. Mostly I'm a python/javascript developer but I've been getting into game development by way of UE4 and I heard this was a good forum to join. I hope to post a game I've been working on for feedback from the community. And if you're in the bay area, I'm always happy to meet for a beer.
ponyolf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9650 on: July 27, 2016, 08:06:58 AM »

Holy crap. 400+ pages of intros!!!

We re ponywolf, a small indie developer out of Boise, ID. We have a few small mobile games and are working on two bigger games for Steam right now--Skipchaser & Time Golf Squad.

Nice to be here.
Eduardo64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9651 on: July 27, 2016, 08:26:22 AM »

Hi everybody, i have been lurking around here for while, now it's time to introduce myself!

My name is Eduardo, i've been making games since 2013 when i realize i could make games in javascript. Since that, i've made lots of games, but any of it was really finished, mostly are games made in one day or a week (or a month). There's some games i've never released that i've spent 6 months++ working on it, but never finished, as well.

Right now i'm working on a game called N°7 made in haxe (luxeengine.com), the game is kind of a spinoff of a game i've spend 5 months working on! It should be a small game, i already spent 3 months working on it, and things are getting together.

I'm manly a programmer, but i do art and music stuff as well, here's my tumblr with most of the stuff i made related to games: square64.tumblr.com
Jocabundus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9652 on: July 27, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »

Hi! I'm Joe.

Been programming for a long time. I started on a hand-me-down Commodore 64. Actually, I started by drawing games when I was little, before I knew anything about programming. Then sometime later my mother showed me some old game magazines with games at the back that you type in. That blew my away, that I could actually write my own games! So once I got a hold of a computer, I was at it all day learning and making small games.

My day job is a web developer, but I still spend a lot of time working on my own game projects.

Blueneonkid
Level 0

PixelGon Games

View Profile
« Reply #9653 on: July 27, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »

Hey there! I'm Blueneonkid/PixelGon.

I make comics, cartoons, and now, games. I post comics, art, and animations on Deviantart: http://blueneonkid.deviantart.com/
I enjoy the PSX/N64-low poly style, so much so that I'm using it in my game.
I take artistic inspiration from 80's/90's anime, 2000's cartoons, etc.
My favorite genres of gaming are Free-roaming Action RPGs and Platformers.

Also, fun fact: My name is a stupid name I created on the spot for Poptropica or Neopets or something. I dunno why I keep using it, but I guess it just stuck.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 06:07:53 PM by Blueneonkid » Logged

Comic artist, novice animator, and developer of Halcyon.
Developer name - PixelGon.
Kivithebird
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9654 on: July 27, 2016, 03:47:56 PM »

Hello, my name is Ivan and i am represent space crab development team(leader\modeller)
You can see my sketchfab https://sketchfab.com/kivithebird (currently i am filling it)
Progress of our main project is here - mars2000.com
Also we are making free top down shooter
zbits
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9655 on: July 27, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

Hello! Some friends call me Cat and its the name i almost always introduce in a comunity, Im a student of TI and I try to teach anything I learn to anyone intrested, sometimes I organize small with people I know, Im really new on gameDevelopment, I really love programing but in other areas like art desing and stuff I do really suck (xD). Great comunity, been watching some stuff around and its really impresive how many talented people are around.

Im making my first game proyect, not intrested in profit so its going to be free when its complete.

Great! Hope I can be helpful!
SmaKenid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9656 on: July 28, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »

Hello everyone. I'm Smakenid, indie game developer. I start creating games 5 years ago and I know many programming language.
I use mostly unity.
Nice to be there.
Babar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9657 on: July 29, 2016, 11:54:25 AM »

Hi everyone  Gentleman

I'm a gentle metalhead, a software engineer, a wannabe video game maker and a far left French SJW.
I'm currently working on a game called The Invisible Hand, but you'll learn about it in a DevLog if I find the motivation to do one :p
I've been reading posts here for some day and I finally decided to join you ! The diversity and creativity of games that are being discussed here is amazing Screamy

See you around  Gomez

ClaudioA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9658 on: July 30, 2016, 07:13:14 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am a student of energy and environment and have been developing a game that I envision for the last year.

It is an strategy/management game that is designed not only to give you hours of fun but only to provide a better understanding of the different energy sources can work together to power our society.

I never made any other game before and I expect to be working on this one for a long time, so far I have built an alpha prototype.

vmunhoz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9659 on: July 30, 2016, 01:26:24 PM »

Hello!

I'm happy to join this community. My name is Vinicius Jorge Munhoz (and I know that most of you don't know how to pronounce it. You can read as: vee-nee-see-us), I am 23 years old and I'm from Brazil.

My first contact with games was with the NES, and SNES after that. Now I play mostly on my PC. I love RPG, Strategy, FPS and sports games.

I got into "game development" when I discovered the RPG Maker software. Then I was digging deeper and found out about the ruby scripts and got into programming. I decided to follow that path, became a professional web developer and got into game development again trough a startup that worked with Architecture Visualization with the Unity Engine. (Atmmos)

This year I decided to start my own game in parallel with my day job. 20 days ago I lost my day job and now I'm doing all sorts of stuff to keep the money flowing, such as teaching game development for brazilians on udemy.

The game I'm developing right now is called "Race In The Galaxy" and is a futuristic 2D racing game that wants to focus on the pilots and the story, instead of just the race. There is a great focus on procedural stuff to keep it fresh every play.

I'll get to know the forums now, and I hope to start a DevLog. Smiley

By the way,
My website: http://viniciusmunhoz.com (portuguese for now)
My one person studio: http://turtlehearts.com (english and portuguese)

Twitter: @RockyXD @TurtleHearts_
RITG - Race In The Galaxy: studio site about the game
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic