Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:47:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952152 times)
Pashan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9660 on: July 30, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »

Hi everyone, My name is Pashan and Im 17 years old. I have been making mobile games for about a year.

My work:

Uh! - The game (First Game): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.uh
The Box: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pashanirani.thebox
Prime: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pashanirani.prime
[WIP] Drup: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=57185.0

I plan to continue making games the rest of my life, and I'm sure I will only improve after post secondary. I got into playing video games in grade 8th, playing MW3 on the XBOX 360. But in all honesty, I enjoy making games more than playing them. Because after learning how to make games, my brain simply deconstructs the game and re-creates them in my head. So playing games isn't as fun as making them. I hope what i just wrote makes sense  Tongue  

- Pashan
KenOfNZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: July 31, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »

Hi there! Gentleman I'm Ken, 22 years of good old age from a neat country called New Zealand. I'm a Software Engineer at Orion Health down here and as a hobby I make games.
I've enjoyed making games since I was young as 12, although never really released one but that hasn't disheartened me any bit. Making games definitely drives me crazy. Crazy

I've played heck a lot of games anything from LF2, Castlevania, Spyro, to Street Fighter. But nowadays I spend most of my time playing DOTA.

Currently I'm looking for feedback on a WIP game I've been on and off developing for the last year. Hope you folks will lend a helping hand! Big Laff
raphaelstary
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9662 on: August 01, 2016, 06:54:34 AM »

Hey Smiley

soo welcome everybody, I'm new here (obviously^^)
I'm a game developer from Austria.
When I wear my indie game dev hat I'm working solo on small games
... sometimes I wear my software engineer hat, then I'm working on 'big' 'enterprise' stuff
... but I'm trying to keep this corporate hat in my wardrobe and and only wear my fancy gamedev hat Smiley

cheers raphael
jaredsain
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: August 01, 2016, 10:18:54 AM »

Hi all Smiley

My name is Jared
I like making indie games
Used to eat oatmeal

I mostly do 2D stuff, currently using Haxe to create a dark fairy tale adventure game. Think Adventure Time meets Twin Peaks. Or Myst meets Frog Fractions. Or your crush meets that one creepy thought you have hidden away, and it turns out she (or he) likes it, but that makes you weirded out.

I'm here to hang out with fellow indie devs, and hopefully maintain a fun devlog.

Find me on twitter @jareddsain
SuperRockGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9664 on: August 02, 2016, 02:46:47 AM »

Hi!

My name is Ammaniel. I am a game developer from London, UK.

Use mostly C++, libcinder framework and Unreal Engine. Favourite games: Age Of Empires, Sensible Soccer, Kick Off to name a few classics.

Love to be able to do cool pixel art but unfortunately not very good at it. Hope to one day make a space themed game like Star Wars/Star Trek, but thats a dream i will keep work towards.

Currently making a retro inspired soccer game.
Smithsoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9665 on: August 02, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »

Hi there!

My name is Crystal and I am QA at a small Australian indie startup called Smithsoft.
Would love for you to check us out here: smithsoft.online/press/

I'm also a designer and an artist. Pleased to meet you all  Grin

We make beautiful games for all players.
TerminusEst13
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: August 03, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »

Hello.

I'm an aspiring developer from North America.
I've been working on stuff for about five years, which I'll admit is not exactly super-seasoned or experienced, but I love doing this sort of stuff and I want to do more.

I got my start in doing modding, and some of my stuff has won awards, but I want to make the jump to full on gamedev. I had a bit of a strange upbringing, raised on classic literature and fast-paced arcade games, so I tend to love a combination of flowery, pretentious story and jump-in-and-shoot-things gameplay. This kind of manifests as my favorite genres being shooters, visual novels, and those RPG Maker Japanese not-quite-horror-not-quite-adventure games.

I have no skill in art, can't hack much in programming, and am only passable in regards to writing and sound design, but I'm eager to do my best. Pleasure to meet all of you.
Rajah
Level 0

Bonjour, j'aime la bière et le saucisson.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9667 on: August 03, 2016, 06:18:16 AM »

Hello everyone. I'm very new on the indie scene and everything feels a bit overwhelming (and awesome !) but...

I'm a 2d artist and I recently started a RPG project with Unity I hope I'll be able to finish eventually so... well!

I'm also gonna do try to do some pico-8 fun stuff so yep, looking forward to post some stuff soon Smiley y'all making awesome projects I could get lost for hours here, browsing everything <3

English isn't my mother tongue so expect ugly typos and weird wording :D

>> An Aeon Story
GGfpc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: August 03, 2016, 04:51:28 PM »

Hey everyone! I've always loved gaming since I was a kid. It was what made me want to be a programmer.

Nowadays I study Computer Science and my goal is to be super rich. In the meantime I'm learning how to make videogames.

I think I'll be very welcomed here.

Have a nice day!
ckw
TIGBaby

RPGify everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9669 on: August 04, 2016, 12:38:15 AM »

Hello! everyone. I am a application developer rather than a game developer.
Still I have worked on a number of game projects mostly smartphone game with unity3d.

This time I'm making a experimental game. So I join here to hear feedback from you guys and learn something more.
Hope nice!  Wink
GlitchCrew
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9670 on: August 04, 2016, 12:45:03 AM »

Hello!

My name is Gleb and I love programming games. Some time ago me and a couple of my friends decided to start making games and that's what we have been doing for almost two years. We've released a couple of small games and now working on a big project.

You can check our blog but for some reason we don't write it anymore.

https://glitchcrewblog.wordpress.com/

I guess we will start our devlog here, at TigSource.

And sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language.

Thanks!

reventadorgames
Level 0

http://canyousaveus.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9671 on: August 04, 2016, 04:36:31 AM »

Hi guys,

My name is Thomas, I am a 24 year old iPad magician from London, England.

I taught myself how to program games initially to develop my iPad magic shows which I perform all over the world

Here's a few examples Wink

I now work part time as an indie developer creating my own games, I love it!

My dad, Martin Webb was actually one of the first real indie developers and programmed the original Outrun for the C64, along with Road Blasters and more! It's in my blood!

Save The Planet for iOS - http://canyousaveus.com
xil
Level 0

twitter.com/calicoreverie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9672 on: August 04, 2016, 04:58:35 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm xil. I do one man independent game development, pixel art & music!

I've recently started a full-length album / game project with alxalxalx and we're closing in on completing the demo so thought we'd start a devlog as well.

Calico Reverie - Independent Game Development, Pixel Art & Other Stuff
Games: Mi - Starlit Grave - IAMJASON - Aractaur - blind to siberia - Wrong Channel - Memoriae - Point Of No Return
Gamemaster Audio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9673 on: August 05, 2016, 05:01:40 AM »

Hey TIGForums! My name is Peter. I'm a sound designer and music composer. I've been working in game industry for around 12 years. Recently I setup www.gamemasteraudio.com to help game developer access a large number of professional sound effect at affordable prices. I also love everything about playing games and game development Smiley. Looking forward to being part of this community.
tronrobot
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: August 07, 2016, 08:13:01 PM »

Hello, my name is Adrien
I graduated from RMIT university in Melbourne in games design. After i finished, i started a small indie game company. We are a startup studio, with big dreams! I am looking forward to being active on this forum, meet new people and collaborate on projects Smiley
Drondron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9675 on: August 08, 2016, 04:18:46 AM »

Hey!
My name is Igor.
Former journalist. Former project manager. I created Id&aL editions which publish board games since 2008.
Then we started to be interested in porting board games on mobile.
After learning design for mobile, we thought: "Why not make a mobile game?"
Here's how we went from board games to video games.
That said, it is less a transition than an opening. As we continue to work in the world of board games. But it’s the same purpose: imagine gameplay that gives pleasure to the players.
We really have a good knowledge of the board games world. But we are discovering the world of video games. I hope we will meet other devs, players and designers here!
We are currently working on Backdrafts, our upcoming mobile game:
http://facebook.com/BackdraftsTheGame/
http://backdrafts-thegame.com
technomancy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9676 on: August 08, 2016, 05:35:09 AM »

Greetings, humans.

I go by technomancy; I've been programming for over a decade, mostly functional programming languages doing server-side applications development. These days I sell DIY mechanical keyboard kits. I'm also very interested in teaching kids programming, including my two sons. I wrote a number of simplistic games with them last year before digging into a more serious ambitious programming-centric game. I've come away with a serious respect for Lua both as a tool for professionals and an excellent means of teaching newbies how to program.

I got my start in 90s Mac gaming, so Escape Velocity, Descent, and the Marathon trilogy are what I grew up on along with the occasional Sierra adventure game. These days I play mostly indie games here and there; SpaceChem, FTL, and Planescape Torment are my most recent faves.
Apalka
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9677 on: August 08, 2016, 06:10:12 AM »

Hey everyone! My name is Albert and I've been a TIG stalker for years. I guess it's time to finally register and become active <3 I'm doing freelance PR/Marketing jobs, ran a YouTube For Indies project last year. Some people might know me for the biggest YouTubers list for game developers.

I am fairly active on Twitter and love playing Indie Games. See you in various threads!

Games PR and Marketing Guy | Made the biggest YouTubers' list | Twitter | Email: [email protected]
Oddscure
« Reply #9678 on: August 09, 2016, 12:54:38 AM »

Hello, my name is Augustas. I've been creating small games for quite a while now. But now I know that this is what I want to be doing. I've been working alone most of the time, but now I've created a team with my friend. We've been working on stuff for almost a year now. I think it's time to start sharing stuff with the community now. Smiley

I'm also creating music now and sometimes make videos. If you want, you can check out my website. This is where I try to keep all of my stuff: http://oddscure.com/

I'll be trying to start making some devlogs and share my work now. Smiley
spesknight
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: August 09, 2016, 06:15:21 AM »

Hello, my name is Massimo, I am italian but I live in Munich.
I am finally having the will to develop some games after the GWBasic stuff I did a long time ago.
Currently using GameMaker Studio since my ideas are mostly 2d and I bought the license with the Humble Bundle offer some months ago.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic