Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 01:54:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952583 times)
Piarco
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9700 on: August 21, 2016, 01:19:07 AM »

Name: jamaal
Favorite Series: Zelda
Favorite Title: Wind Waker
First Game: KingsGarden the lost legend
No prior game dev. experience, when unity released its personal edition started this project soon after.
 Panda

http//www.kingsgardenthegame.com

Piarco.
jonwinwood
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: August 21, 2016, 07:59:06 AM »

Hi my name is Jonathan and I live in Stockport, UK. My profession is as an Android Developer but I've always had a passion for games.

I studied Game Software Development at University and took part in Dare To Be Digital in 2010, where I created, as part of a team, a game prototype for the Sony PSP.

Nice to meet you all!

Favourite game: Shadows of the Colossus
Favourite series: Ratchet & Clank
triplejump
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9702 on: August 21, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »

Hi, my name is Henry.

I worked on some AAA games: CoD Black Ops II & III at Treyarch (where I worked on Zombies mode mainly), and before that worked on Saints Row and Red Faction at Volition. Recently I went independent and started working on a PC game that will support VR.

When I did the #7FaveGames thing, this is what I came up with:

1. Earthbound
2. Minecraft
3. Dark Souls
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. Team Fortress 2
6. Deus Ex
7. Plants vs. Zombies

Maybe Doom II should be in there? 7 is not a lot.

Nice to meet you!  Gentleman
sanctuary6284
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: August 22, 2016, 05:10:51 PM »

Hello, my name is Aaron but everyone calls me Asa and I'm an aspiring developer.

I first was introduced to game design in 2004 through RPG Maker. I had fun making maps and games with it and began working on a story for a huge, epic game. After sidetracking with life for the last few years and editing and trimming my story, I'm ready to move on to development with a real engine.

Wish me luck and I look forward to our conversations.
superN_A_Ds
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: August 23, 2016, 07:41:09 AM »

Hello, all. My name is Damon. I've been hooked on comics and video games, since I first picked up a nintendo controller, back in 1989 (or somewhere about there). I love to draw comics (never did anything professionally). Naturally the progression of concept art techniques has peeked my interest. I've been trying to improve my Photoshop skills, for the last year. A friend refered me to these forums. I am hoping to learn some things, while I am here. I hope to be active in these forums, and any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Toast Left
Cavaleiro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9705 on: August 23, 2016, 04:50:43 PM »

Hello!

I'm Fernando Cavaleiro.

I've always liked gaming but for a few years of my life, in the teens, I viewed gaming as not cool or nerdy but how I was wrong. Thus I didn't follow game design even though it's been what I wanted to really do since I can remember.

Now, I'm learning coding, C# to be exact, and game design (and I binge-watch a lot of game design content!) so that one day I can create my own experiences as share them with the world.

I'm also a film student but with a background in programming for web and design which I view as extra skills to help in the long useful skills for game design.

Hoping to learn a lot here and help where I can.

Thanks for reading.
Cavaleiro
(plus, I'm on twitter but I haven't really gotten the hang of it yet as I don't really do social media but ehhh https://twitter.com/itsCavaleiro)

Platformania
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9706 on: August 24, 2016, 04:28:01 AM »

Hi everyone, just joined because I still love playing retro platformers like Super Mario Bros and Commander Keen! Found my old Jazz CDROM lying around, and it still works great in Dosbox! I'm also currently working on Platformania, which you can check out here!

Play Platformania right in your browser!
FelipeDantas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: August 24, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »

Wow... Such Forum... Much Thread...

Hello Guys!
I Always followed the TGISource but it's the first time i come to the Forums... And the reason i came was... Spam... Yeah, i'm ashamed...

But hey, presentation:
I'm Felipe Dantas a Brazilian guy that loves Video Games.
I was born the same year that the first Sonic came out, so you know... Huge fan...
A few years later i found out The Legend of Zelda series and it was love at first sight.

Today, i'm a game developer, making one awful game after the other!
Nice to meet you guys!
wyattwarlock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: August 24, 2016, 12:04:32 PM »

Hello, my name is Sam. Some games I like are Souls games, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Fallout 3, Metal Gear games, and a bunch of others.  I'm currently dinkin around, making small games.
studioacetic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: August 25, 2016, 08:41:32 AM »

Hey everyone, my name is Patrick and I've just started an indie game company and I've released my first game to the public under Steam Greenlight.

I really enjoy RPGS (especially FFTactics), and I'm also fond of most anything in the hack and slash genre like Ninja Gaiden, DMC, GOW, etc. I also enjoy some fighting games such as Smash Bros, and it happens that the first game I've made, Class Warfare, is somewhat of a blend of all of those things. I'll be posting about it on the playtest forum, so if it sounds interesting to you feel free to check it out!
Hollow-Headed
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: August 25, 2016, 01:31:21 PM »

Hi, everyone. My name is David, and I am in the process of developing a game. I've just recently reached the point where I feel ready to start sharing my progress with people, and in doing so, I was directed here. This is my very first attempt at an actual game, and sharing/talking about it is all very new to me, but hopefully I'll acclimate over time. I hope to begin maintaining a devlog here regularly, and hope to take any feedback into consideration, in order to develop it into the best that it can be.

I've always had an interest in game development, but never pursued it, until recent years, and although I've become comfortable in my programing abilities since then, outside aspects like marketing, or simply gathering a following in general, is entirely new to me. Hopefully, over time, though, as I continue to chip away at the game, it can become something truly attention-worthy.

I find myself spending most time developing the game, in one way or another, be it actually producing something, or simply staring blankly at the screen while trying to figure out my next step, but aside from development, I'm an avid gamer, and have a soft spot for indie games in general, most especially now, as I relate to the work that is put into them by smaller/single-person teams. Most recently have been playing Salt & Sanctuary.

palestrina12
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: August 25, 2016, 03:30:35 PM »

Hey,
Well I guess I'm palestrina12 i'm doing my best to get into game design as a hobby during summers between semester i'm thinking that my goal for each summer is release a game, albeit one that could probably be better. I just want to be done with the game so i can say i finished something during the summer.
Thank for your time,
Palestrina12
FrostyChao
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: August 26, 2016, 05:11:48 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm Clark.

I've been interested in game development since a long time ago, and used to fiddle with tools like Blitz Basic, OHRRPGCE, The Games Factory and the early Game Maker back in the day. Oh, and also RPG Maker. It was mostly a hobby, though, until college. Then I got involved with XNA, and learned C#. The uni itself wasn't about gamedev, but I was using everything I learned from there in my new endeavors. I tried to make a game with my friends, but soon enough the corporate world called me in. The indie scene were practically inexistent back then.

Fast forward a few years and I really never let it go. However, the commute was killing me as I worked about 3 cities away from my day job...

Then, one day, I had the chance to work remotely.

Since then, I could now manage my time more easily so I went back to my sweet gamedev. I've learned a lot of new things and I'm   settling with Unity for now. I also failed LD35 (Ludum Dare) miserably but that made me want to pursue my dreams even more.

I'm currently working on a project that will be shared soon.

I'm enjoying this forum a lot too, it's awesome to see the entire dev process through the dev logs and how big (and great) some of the projects are turning to be.

Nice to meet all of you! Cave Story
Staleevolution
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9713 on: August 26, 2016, 06:20:40 AM »

Hi, my name is Kris. 
I am a fan of Nes and Sega Master System games.  I've enjoyed and continue to enjoy various games throughout the years. 
Currently use GIMP to create pixel art. 
My ultimate goal as I try to learn programming is to hook up with a programmer and build a gem we, and hopefully others, would enjoy playing.  Turn our team into an indie brand and release our adventures on platforms such as Steam. 
I'm also obsessed with having all details for planning the game laid out (as if you were playing the game as you were reading it.).  I think it lessens communication problems when people are working together. 

Nice to meet you all!

Thank God for Pixels!
AgeOfArchitects
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9714 on: August 26, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »

Hey guys! Nice to meet you all, I already have an intro post, but if you guys see this and are located near Seattle, WA USA, shoot me a message and we can connect. We can go to meetups and events!

hopeabandoner
Level 0

weeb trash

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9715 on: August 26, 2016, 03:55:38 PM »

Hey, mates! I'm just like a whole lot of you, just a guy who makes games for people to enjoy. I have a handful of games I've made just this summer alone, mostly just smaller titles that are on my GameJolt page, but I hope someday to make a game that gets on something a little bigger.

Best of luck to everyone!!

Project Interstellar - A spacecraft building game!
Brookesy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: August 28, 2016, 04:09:59 PM »

Hello Indie developers, fans and such. My name is Mark and I have loved video games my entire life, however I was always told making games wasn't possible due to my poor math grades, so I never considered it as viable path. So many years later, after failing at so many things and fruitless searching for an for a outlet for my creative energy, I eventually decided to hell with the doubters, I'm going to make a video game.

Since then I've spent countless hours learning everything I could about all facets of game design and applying all my theoretical knowledge acquired after many years of playing games and I am nearing the completion of my first game, "Marrow". Whether it succeeds or fails it feels great to have taken on such a project, and one so far out of my comfort zone, and complete it.

Don't listen to the pessimists and doubters kids, they only want to drag you down to their level.

Thaumaturge
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9717 on: August 29, 2016, 12:32:46 PM »

Greetings and salutations!

My name is Thaumaturge (or Ian, if you will); I'm an indie game developer, aspirant writer, and sometime visual artist. I have one primary project in the works at the moment, although as of recent I am inclined to occasionally take time to enter jams and competitions--most recently in GameDev.net's "Week of Awesome IV" competition.

draven stedman
Level 0

bard needs food badly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9718 on: August 29, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »

Hello hello hello!

I'm Draven. I work under many, many names, but primarily and professionally under the name Tsunxmi.

I am 16 years old and am in my senior year of high school, which seems to shock people for whatever reason, and have been working in music for about 3 years now. In addition to producing music, I also run a small netlabel called Black Beacon Sound, as well as occasionally screenwriting a bad grindhouse horror film. I also run movie nights in my basement where I show a triple feature of exploitation films, with all the drive-in amenities included.

I'm based in the small suburban town of Onalaska, Wisconsin, where nothing ever happens and it's cold as shit for half the year. It's nice, though, the Midwest is beautiful albeit bland in a lot of towns.

I used to be a game programmer, and made a few really shit games that nobody ever plays, and before that even, I was a filmmaker -- or at least nominally I was, I only finished one short film and it's so godawful that I took the liberty of destroying every copy I could find of it. This was all, of course, part of the growing process or realising I loved music and making music (I knew I wanted to be an artist of some kind, just had no clue of the medium until now)

After listening to, among other things, Disasterpeace's gorgeous soundtracks to Fez and It Follows, as well as the Silent Hill soundtracks, I decided I wanted to start soundtracking videogames and movies. I've always loved film and video games as art forms -- I'm a massive cinephile, especially trashy low-budget horror films, and I've always been into indie games -- so I figured why not contribute?

As you can no doubt tell from the paragraphs preceding, I love to talk, so hit me up either here or on my Twitter if you're down to hear my semi-coherent babblings-on about pretty much any given topic. Much love!

wisconsin-based composer for hire
McDirty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: August 30, 2016, 12:05:28 AM »

Hey I'm Adam aka McDirty. I currently have quite a few game projects in various states of disarray. I'm a developer and avid gamer. I got my first NES system at age 4. Didn't really understand what was going on, and literally one of my first memories is of my grandma helping through the water levels in Mario.

I've was really into Nintendo, Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Sega CD and Saturn, Dreamcast, and more modern stuff as well. I've only recently gotten into PC gaming. And online play really captivates me.

Taking a step back I wanted to share a story. I had a computer in middle school. And I had to write a paper for history. The computer ended up crashing. I ended up rewriting the paper the night before on my Dreamcast email client and email It to the teacher. Man video games saved my ass girls and boys.

Anyway, I'm desperately trying to push my games out into the world one failure at a time. Just waiting on one of them to succeed. I hear rig is the place to be all things vidyagamez forum trolling and what not. So feel free to tell me like it is and I'll do likewise.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic