Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:19:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1906652 times)
Popomaro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9720 on: August 30, 2016, 02:08:03 AM »

Hey guy! I'm Popomaro and an indie dev like many of you here. This is my first time posting here and hope you guys will enjoy my company for awhile. =)

I love whales.
happypwn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9721 on: August 30, 2016, 05:00:43 AM »

Hi yall!

My name is Pontus and I'm from Sweden, I have recently went fulltime gamedev by starting my company Kirikoro Studios. Today I am working on a Game called Flint and Charlie.

I'll be trying my best to develop this game together with the people who'll buy it. So please leave me all your feedback! Its what I base my design decisions on!
Roel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9722 on: August 30, 2016, 08:50:04 AM »

Hello there,

I'm Roel van Mastbergen. I'm a game designer, programmer and artist from the Netherlands. I've worked on various games for PC, Dreamcast and Wii. And a few other platforms if you also count unfinished projects, of which I have quite a few.

I currently have a rather boring office job, but I'd like to get back into the games industry. I particularly like 2D games that are easy to pick up and play.

Stroginator
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9723 on: August 30, 2016, 12:40:08 PM »

Hi there!

I've been interested in game design for a while. I am in the military but program in my off time when I can. Gaming has always been my true passion.

Recently I picked up a Vive, and fell in love. After a few months, I decided to begin work on a VR farming game called Harvest, and I'm super excited to share it!
NeithR
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9724 on: August 30, 2016, 08:04:01 PM »

Hello, everyone!
I am usually called Vsio or NeithR.
I am a pixel artist and a programmer.
I have released several small games before: The one-button gameplay Square game series and some PDF games.
I also make pixel art game assets.

Currently doing Kelin Kelilin game project.
Pixel and Voxel Art Game Assets
santmote
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: August 31, 2016, 08:27:30 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Sant Mote. I'm a pixel artist and animator. I've been working on a 2D Rhythm Combat Simulator for a year now, along with a few friends of mine. It's the first game we're making, so the journey has been real exciting so far. There's so much learning that goes into making your first game. One thing i've realised working as an artist is that nothing is as easy as it seems.

I've grown to respect & enjoy the process of making a game. Hope to share our game with you very soon.

I might be posting a teaser of the game a little later, watch out for that.
comrad_gremlin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9726 on: August 31, 2016, 08:40:43 AM »

Hey guys,

My name is Vladimir, I'm a game developer from Riga, Latvia. I've quit my corporate job not so long time ago in order to learn gamedev and share my gaming passion with the world.

I do programming mostly and my girlfriend, Helen, is helping me with the art. I feel like I still have a long way to go, but I'm trying to do my best. I decided that I want to share my gamemaking progress with the world and to find our more what's going on around me. That's why I'm making this account.

My dream is to ride an elephant and to hug a penguin one day.
MaxTexeira
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: August 31, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »

Hi guys! My name is Max, i'm an OMA dev (One Man Army) from Max Indie Games.
I have 2 games that got Greenlit and other one to release :D

Hope to get some friends and have a good time in this awesome community!

Regards.

Finlal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: September 01, 2016, 06:30:38 AM »

Hey, everyone.

I'm Alexander, a pixel-artist and a game developer from Moscow, Russia, also known as Finlal. Made a graphics for a few freelance projects, got one game released on steam and participating in Ludum Dare Jams since LD30 every time with 3 of my friends.

Mostly I spend my time drawing, learning to draw, watching other draw, or simply procrastinating (the latter takes more time than it should, tbh).
For a year I'm attending to art classes and also thinking about going to the art university to deepen my knowledge and to become better in visual design, since it's really important for making games atmospheric and immersive.
Also tried my hand in programming, music and writing but probably didn't have enough passion, motivation and patience for that, so I just stick to my drawings.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all.
loottheroom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: September 01, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »

Evening all.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I've been lurking these forums for a while now and finally decided to sign up yesterday. I'm primarily a writer and musician, but the last few months have seen me dipping my toe into development more and more. I'm still very much a beginner, but I've already learned a huge amount from the talented people here and I'm excited to learn more! My focus at the moment is on playing with narrative structure in games - whether that turns into something that's a) playable and b) fun remains to be seen.

I'm very much looking forward to getting more involved with this community.
tumbleofmumbles
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: September 01, 2016, 02:54:01 PM »

Hello.

I mostly do pixel art, primarily environments.
Also enjoy programming, especially math/geometry related stuff.

Hopefully I'll finish a game someday..

mario.peruzi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: September 02, 2016, 05:28:09 AM »

Hello there . My name Is Mario ,im from Italy .My first game was Prehistoric on old pc486 ,and then Lotos (if someone remember  that classic race game) :D And than came up age of empires,Cossacks and so on .But still my favorite game is Counter Strike 1.6 :D I still like to play like a little chilled :D
A few years ago I start learning programming and soon after that start making games. I use Unity game engine . My first big contract came last year ,and now I do game creating for a living .There is not a game that I didnt play xD Peace out
Best regards
Mario
eXistenZial
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9732 on: September 02, 2016, 10:27:26 AM »

Hey, I'm James.

I learned to program four years ago with the Processing language, a language that is still close to my heart. Processing helped me see how creative of an activity programming really is.

I really like videogames that are structured around musical ideas. 140, Proteus, the Bit.Trip series, and The Floor is Jelly are some of my favorites for this reason. The videogames I make also tend to revolve around musical ideas. I'm currently making a game/toy where you design solar systems that become music-making instruments. Earlier this year I made a music videogame/toy based on the minimalist music of Steve Reich.

I also like to make software for doing creative work. I'm working on a project called Game Painter, a game design environment that's kind of like PuzzleScript, except where you program games by painting canvases instead of writing code.

In case any of this stuff sounds interesting to anyone, I have a website where some of these projects are located, and I just started using Twitter where I post some generative art (usually using Processing) from time to time.
Mind Grown
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9733 on: September 02, 2016, 03:59:04 PM »

Hello, my name is Ryan. I like games from all sorts of genres and platforms. Some of my favorite games throughout the years have been Contra, Starfox, Zelda : A Link to the Past, Starcraft, Counter Strike : Source, Super Smash Bros : Melee, Halo (1 &2), World of Warcraft, FTL, and many more... dang, I actually like a lot of games. Most recently I have tried to turn my attention toward other indie games, as I'm working on my own.

This is what I look like when I am looking for something to take a picture of:

I'm trained as a programmer, but love doing the design and all most of the other pieces that go along with the "Indie Developer" title. I've been to GDC the past two years (2015 & 2016), and I really like a lot of what I have seen in the game dev community as a whole, especially the indie devs.

Currently I'm part of a one, two or three person team (depending on the day, time of the day, and day of the week).

Happy Deving

- Ryan Bemowski -

- @ConvictedGalaxy - Devlog -
keevee
Level 0

@iAmKeevee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9734 on: September 02, 2016, 07:55:11 PM »

Hey TIGForums,

I'm Kevin. I'm a programmer out of Wisconsin who quit his corporate dev job to do indie and sleep in and work past midnight instead (should probably get out of that habit eh?).

Since this is the only normal photo I can find this is what I'm posting:

Hmm, the games that shape me: Any game made by Valve, particularly Half-Life 1 and the Hammer editor I found on the disc files in 7th grade. Starcraft, Counter-Strike, Halo 1/2/3/5/Reach/ODST, Zelda: Ocarina of Time (the best one), and I'm going to stop there.

Right now I'm working with the previous guy, Mind Grown, on Convicted Galaxy. It's my first full fledged game title (besides a few during my schooling that I've been a part of.)

Looking forward to hanging out around here
  Hand Thumbs Up LeftGomezToast Right and these emojis are sweet

AmauryH
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9735 on: September 03, 2016, 12:45:02 PM »

Hi guys, french graphist here. Smiley
Right now, I work as a web integrator and I do some game art on my free time. Smiley
smulligan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9736 on: September 03, 2016, 05:09:45 PM »

Hi! My name's Scott. I'm from Long Island, New York. I write video games and movies. I love narrative based games (To the Moon and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons but I also love competitive RTS games (SC2 etc.)

I've been working on games unsuccessfully for a while  Grin. I've now moved into the mobile space (keeping things tighter) and I'm trying my hand at it.

I've been a lurker on these forums for a while so it's nice to introduce myself.  Beer!

DaanK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: September 04, 2016, 11:47:08 PM »

Hello, here we go...

I'm Daan an indiedev from Amsterdam, I was redirected here from the idlethumbs forum: someone told me I could discuss my game here and get some feedback.

My interest are primarily with strategy-games. It's my dream to invent a better game than the game of GO (baduk). But I'm a long, long way from that. To be honest, the more you analyze the game of GO, the more you start to understand the depth and beauty of its simple rules. I'm totally jealous.  Tongue I also think we MUST invent a better game, with all the technoloy we have now. It can't be that a better thing does not exist.

When I'm not indie-ing, I work together with a publisher on puzzle- and strategygames. Other than that I write contra-realistic stories(sort of post-modern I guess), I draw giant maps, and I take care of my two kids Smiley

Well, I guess that's it about me.... I hope this forum will take me further with my quest for the best game in the universe Smiley

-- Daan
kynanjoel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: September 05, 2016, 12:29:13 AM »

Hellooo

My name is Joel, nice to meet you all.
I fool around in game making, mostly make music though.
I was raised on RPGs, my dad cycles through replaying Final Fantasy 6-10 on an exercise bike every day. Some of my favorite games are Earthbound, Alundra, Fantasy Zone, Shining in the Darkness. I love the playstation JRPGS, the music was always powerful.

I have music which you can download for free kynan.bandcamp.com
and if you wanna see my crappy prototypes, you can here  safe-in-hell.itch.io

Ortimh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9739 on: September 05, 2016, 07:24:18 AM »

Hello, world!

I've been watching this forums for 2-3 years from now and I didn't even reply a single thread. Instead of just randomly reply to a topic, I want to introduce myself first. Without further ado..

I'm Orlando, a 15-years old game developer from South-East Asia, Indonesia. I learned lots of programming/scripting languages including ActionScript, Batch, C++, C#, C, HTML, Java, JavaScript, and Lua. Language that I really can handle with its syntax and libraries is only Lua. I have slight skills at animating in Flash and pixel-making.

My journey in game development began from 2010-ish. I don't know why I have interest on game development in the first place. My first game engine is RPG Studio, made by my fellow citizen. Then my current game engine/framework that I use now is LÖVE. My current project is called Leftovers, a 2D story-driven survival game, that's just started a few weeks ago.

I have interest on games with survival, space, sci-fi, RPG, or realism genre. Some of my favorite games are Counter-Strike, The Elder's Scrolls series, Half-Life series, Bully, Grand Theft Auto series, Faster Than Light, RimWorld, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Star Wars: Battlefront II, etc. My eyes are still watching Star Citizen, an awesome space, realistic game.

That's all for my introduction. It's a pleasure to meeting you all. Wink

I'm awesome and.. I really like cookies.
Pages: 1 ... 485 486 [487] 488 489 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic