Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:40:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907309 times)
scorched
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: September 05, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »

Hey, TIGSource community!
My name is Igor.
I'm a programmer from Russia. I love electronic music. And I'm a Ludum Dare disciple :-)

You can play some of my games here: igorsgames.itch.io
tecneeq
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: September 06, 2016, 02:38:12 PM »

Hi everyone, my name is Dan but I got by either Stiq (battle.net) or Tecneeq (everywhere else) in the game world.  I've always been interested in game development but never made any serious strides towards getting involved in it.  I've been gaming for a long time; a neighborhood friend had a Commodore 64 that we played all sorts of games on.  The first console I ever owned was a TurboGrafx 16, then a Genesis, etc.  I played PC games for a while (Counter Strike when it was Half-Life mod, Battlefield 2 - both semi-competitively and of course WoW).

Now I play only on consoles and mobile devices (tecneeq is my Xbox One gamertag). 

I've been in finance technology for the past 11 years and before that I worked at several different internet start ups doing different kinds of development all the while.  I'm still working in finance tech, but I want to take a dive into some game development for fun, and I would happily give up finance for a game dev if it seems like I have any aptitude for the latter.

I'm back in school now taking Math and Physics courses, b/c why not, right?

Anyway, that's all.
Inky Cricket
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: September 07, 2016, 04:06:14 PM »

Hello everyone.

My name is Michael. I am a programmer and an aspiring game developer.

I look forward to participating in this forum.

On the other hand, chances are good that I'll just lurk a lot as I normally do in all the forums I've ever joined.
lionandsnake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: September 07, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »

Hello indi DevWorld!
Let me introduce my self. My name Luchko Petr.I am freelancer , 3d enviroment , character artist.Since 2014 I creating turn-based rpg Lion and snake.
my pitch video

Darckonte
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9744 on: September 08, 2016, 04:29:00 AM »

Hello All!! I just registered here so doing my Presentation post! Smiley

I'm a Spanish game developer settled in Toledo, I'm a solo game dev working on games for PC and some for Mobile. I've been working in games since 2005 and I've been in several roles like design, programming, and production. Now I'm a kind of one man band doing all range of tasks from pixel art for my games to programming them.

I've seen lot of cool games on the forum so thanks for having this awesome community. Toast Left

Working on Reptilians World War A PC shoot em up game with pixel art.
wrecktangle
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: September 09, 2016, 02:42:37 AM »

wrecktangle makes art.

orseoste7o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: September 09, 2016, 10:54:28 PM »

Hello!

I've actually introduced myself on here before and am a long time lurker, but the email tied to my last account was shut down so I feel like it's time to start fresh. I'm a game designer first, programmer second, sound effect artist third, and artist a distant fourth. I use game maker.

Time to get back to it!
Manaflow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: September 10, 2016, 03:57:08 AM »

Hello TIG. My name is Mark. I am a programmer who does game dev as my hobby. Lots of neat games being made. Thought it would be nice to not just be another lurker.

Led
« Reply #9748 on: September 10, 2016, 05:22:24 PM »

Hey! I'm Led, have been coding since between 8-12 years of age and making games since then.
I know Java, C++, Objective-C and Lua. Programming is my thing, but i'm not the best at art and music.

Nice to meet you!
Miguelfmp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: September 10, 2016, 08:03:33 PM »

Hi  Beer!

My name is Miguel and I'm from Portugal. For the past year I've been exploring game developing, not only programming but also game design. Soon I'll be starting a my master thesis on a virtual game aimed to help people with autism. Meanwhile on my spare time I've been doing lots of works in Unity. However most of them were never published but recently I decided to give it a try and I published an Android game that I had in mind for a while and I hope you like it!

That's it for now!
Abstract Arena
Level 0

Abstract Arena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9750 on: September 11, 2016, 02:59:51 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Abstract Arena. I like to play games in many different genres, like arcade, sports, racing and platformers. I've developed a game called Abstract Arena, which I'm expanding and polishing now, hoping to release a proper version on steam sooner or later.

See you around!  Smiley

mipmap games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: September 11, 2016, 05:44:08 AM »

Hello, I'm Will (mipmap games).

I'm trying my hand at making some money out of a hobby. At the same time I give back with free stuff and tutorials for horrendous processes that I think other people will go through. If I don't make money at least I will have put some useful stuff out into the world.

More about what I work on (and free art stuff) is at mipmapgames.com
TyerCorbine
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9752 on: September 11, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »

Hello!

I'm Tyler and I am a developer at a new independent development studio, odplot! I've been gaming for a long time and I'm excited to enter the world of independent development. Some of my favorite games include The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons, Dragon Warrior 3, and The Witness.

I hope that I can learn a lot from TIG and contribute a lot as well, this looks like an awesome community!
roguesleipnir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: September 12, 2016, 04:46:07 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I got started programming and being on forums about the same time ten years ago
when I joined the then-bustling Warcraft 3 mapping scene.
Now I'm a full time dev at a studio working on our first indie title.

See ya around!
Clint Kilmer
Level 0

make a thing every day

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9754 on: September 12, 2016, 08:29:12 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Clint, twenty-something, web dev by day, aspiring game dev by night.
Eat/drinks/breathes all things code/procedural generation/nice chunky pixels.
Nice to meet you.

I've been programming since forever, and found games and graphics dev enthralling. I've always wanted to make games, but they always just turned into tech demos, screensavers, and just nice looking things, but never a game.

I've recently been inspired by Daniel Linssen's (@managore) small, focused, technically-pleasing games, and began working on something my friends can actually "play". And it went well.

I've finally made something that I want to show people, and that's why I'm here. I hope to see you in devlogs, technical, and especially the beautiful fails thread.

Thanks for listening,
Clint

devlog | www | twitter | fb | itch.io (coming soon)
AaronTooNerdy
« Reply #9755 on: September 12, 2016, 02:43:26 PM »

Greetings. I'm Aaron, also known as AaronTooNerdy. I'm a programmer, composer, and aspiring pixel artist from Florida. If you can't tell already from my name, i'm also the biggest nerd in existence.

How did you I introduced to gaming? I've been playing video games for literally as long as I can remember. I started playing video games when I was around 1 1/2 or 2 years old. I started out playing the NES and Sega Genesis, some of my favorite games at the time being Mario, Tetris, Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole, Rocket Knight Adventures, The Lost Vikings, Garfield: Caught in The Act, and Izzy's Quest for the Olympic Rings.

What are my passions? I fell in love with video games when I first started playing them, and wanted to create them from the moment I found out it was people that created the games. I've always wanted to be a game developer, and honestly can't see myself doing anything else. I also love composing, pixel art, and learning new things.

It's nice to meet everyone.
forsbit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: September 13, 2016, 01:50:58 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm Pavel. I used to be a programmer developing CAD software, then I worked as a manager in software development company. I always wanted to do something fun so I started a small games publishing company. We are mostly publishing mobile games. So far we published 2 titles, 2 casual games (card and puzzle) and one pixel art platformer.

I am here to  exchange ideas and discuss topics related to producing, publishing and promoting games

It is nice to meet everyone
Dev-Kev
Level 0

Passionate gamer and game developer from Sweden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9757 on: September 13, 2016, 02:34:43 AM »

Hello,

My name is Kevin and I am a game developer and a passionate gamer from Sweden.
My favorite game is Portal and I enjoy all type of games, be it board or video.

So I live in Sweden and have recently started my own studio and will be releasing my first game this fall.
I have a fiancée and a cat, we have been together for six years.

So I enjoy watching different youtubers, scrolling on Reddit and other regular stuff.
I'm totally in love with VR and are developing for the HTC Vive.

I guess that's about it. You can ask me if you have questions Smiley

I'm here to network and read about other games and meet developers, as well as exchanging ideas and feedback.

Take care
Wokoha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: September 13, 2016, 02:43:02 AM »

Hello everyone, I'm Michael Collins, Lead Game Developer and Founder of Wokoha.

I have been making art and playing video games for as long as I can remember. I'm a self taught artist and programmer who has been doing web development, IT, building computers and doing other freelance work for two decades. 

Last year I created a small team of talented individuals to make amazing video games, we recently created our first game "Monster Breakout", and I have come here to share it with all of you!

I'm looking forward to being involved in the Indie Gaming Community, TIG Forums and creating awesome video games!
Riftgen
Level 0

Riftgen Indie Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9759 on: September 13, 2016, 04:49:29 PM »

Hello everybody,

I represent Riftgen. We're a new indie game dev studio currently made up of four people and looking to expand the team. We're working on a sci-fi, cyberpunk MMO. We're pretty excited about it! We hope to launch a limited public alpha in conjunction with kickstarter sometime in mid-2017.

I handle some of the algorithm development, game design, graphic design, web design, story development and marketing.

If you want to know more about the project just follow the website link in my profile. The website is under construction at the moment since we literally just put it up, but we'll be adding much more over the next few days. Gotta get that off of the to do list!  Wink

- Matt
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic