Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:18:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952986 times)
Luno
Level 1

now comes good sailing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9780 on: September 21, 2016, 07:53:56 AM »

Yo Auro, nice to meet you.

Loved the Kirby's Dreamland series, great tunes there!

CalebRyan
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9781 on: September 21, 2016, 02:10:29 PM »

Hello, everyone! My name is Caleb. It's nice to meet you all. I'm a pop singer/music/artist. I really don't have a specific way of identifying myself. Basically, I sing, write, and produce all of my own music. I've had a bit of success with my first single I released, and am working on more currently. I've also had a small amount of success as a youtuber. Now, pertaining to why I'm here! I've played video games my entire life, like many of you have. What has always captured my attention and immersed me in a game was a good story(obviously), and the music. In particular, soundtracks to games such as kingdom hearts, FF, Skyrim, even Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, on my gameboy. I think it played a roll in my pursuing music as a career. Now that I've learned skills like songwriting, music composition, and production, I feel I'm ready to put that into my passion for video games. I really believe that I have something great to offer to the video game world. So, my hopes here, if you haven't guessed yet, is to compose music for video games. Even if it's just a cross of the bucket list, and makes me no money. Aside from that, I watch a lot of anime, drink a lot of coffee, and play too much World of Warcraft. Smiley

Music Composer
ACWraith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: September 24, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »

I'm ACWraith.  Granted, it says Andre La Barre on the birth certificate.  My bachelor's degree also says Computer Science, but that was in the days where they could only churn out database programmers.

I've created some small games.  Some for sale.  Some not.  None marketed remotely well.

For roughly 5 years, I wrote link digests for a small game development community.  Sadly, I've not released a new project since I stopped writing in December 2011.  Sure, I've made some overdone prototypes and libraries, but nothing public.

I'm nearing 40 and long past where I care to create my own engine so I'm currently working in Unity.  The engine I made most of my released games with required a proprietary language so it has taken a while to recreate the tools I lost.

I favor procedural generation and value human designers more for their knowledge than the specific items they handcrafted.  I prefer to make my games short and replayable.  I like inventory management kept to a minimum.

I avoid first person cameras due to sim sickness.  I play games with their music off and outside podcasts/videos on.  I play way too much Warframe.  I try to stack up on metroidvanias, shmups and the ever-extended family of rogue variants.

I may have made an account here many years ago, but it was with an old email address.  There was a time when I tried to register and was told my account already existed so I kept away and hoped nobody spammed under the alias.  The recent hack gave me an excuse to try registering again so I figured I'd post and make it semi-official.
Änkor Nu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: September 26, 2016, 03:06:47 AM »

Hi there! I'm Virginia and lately I've been searching some information about the pocess to create a videogame and that's how I got here. But first, please let me tell you the reason why. I'm a licensed on History and now I'd like to reorient my career towards the world of videogames. After graduation, I did two specialization courses about Ancient and Middle Ages, making researchs about death, magic, witchcraft and religion and I think this themes can offer many, many ideas to create a videogame...

But why videogames? Well, since I was a child I played videogames. My first console was the GameBoy Pocket, where I played Donkey Kong, Castlevania, and little more. Then I jumped to Play Station 1, where I met Final Fantasy VIII (my first FF) and I felt in love with this kind of games... Later, I jumped again to portables with Nintendo DS and PSP and finally, Xbox 360, where I am right now. I also, played on my PC.

And what kind of games I play? Well, the list is large, but I love the most Action games, RPGs, Plattforms, Hack and Slash, Graphic Adventure games and Puzzles and Hiden Objects games.

And that's why I'm here, because I'd like to know more about and maybe work in the most creative part of the process to create a videogame. Soon, I'm going to do a course about writing scripts for games, but I hope you could give some advice and learn something, and share my experiences with you  Wink
Thanks for reading! and thanks for all!
PixzleOne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9784 on: September 26, 2016, 07:52:32 AM »

Hello hello!

I'm a boi from the middle of Sweden who likes making games.
I've been making games for about 3 years now, but before that I was playing around in scratch.
At the moment I'm mostly using love2d, but I'd like to get better at monogame too. I like to try new engines all the time! :D

Other than making games I like mountain biking and sometimes I play the drums.

Nice to meet all of you!

HoffmanIV
« Reply #9785 on: September 26, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »

Hi everyone! I could have done this a long time ago ... but neglected to.

I'm HOFFY, a Canadian musician and composer. I write metal that primarily uses 8 string guitars, but I've also taken a liking to writing retro music that sounds like it came out of the NES era. My first encounter with games began around the age of 7, when I played Sonic 2 on the Sega Genesis. Ever since then I've been hooked on great platformers with great music. Someday, I want to be the guy writing the soundtracks that inspire future gamers to choose the same path that I've chosen.

I wish I could be more eloquent succinct, but alas, I'm a musician, not a wordsmith.

Cheers!
GreenOne
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: September 27, 2016, 06:24:20 PM »

Hi, Didn't see this post before posting my game!

I'm Michael Kerkow, from Brisbane, Australia.

A year and a half ago I was working as a consultant/analyst, who only dreamed about putting my game dev skills to good use and making his own game.

I was at PAX expo in Melbourne, and I was thinking it would be the coolest thing to be able to show off something I made to people at an expo, and get to talk about it, and watch peoples reactions to the game, the excitement, the frustration etc.

Figuring that such an opportunity won't be handed to me, I left my job, and have been working on my game "Thunder Barrels" since. Its my first game, and there is some rough edges but its steadily becoming something respectable.

I will endeavor to keep updating on its progress, and I look forward to meeting and discussing dev with all of you!

Xakiru
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: September 28, 2016, 02:00:07 PM »

Hi Everybody;
I'm Amine from Tangier, Morocco.

I'm a game developper, I've worked in few game companies. I'm working as an inde game devloper and I've released few games these last years.
I hope meeting new people here nad who know maybe find future collaborators on future games.
Spread love, Thank you.

Amine,
www.Divisi0n.com
Rollon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: September 29, 2016, 11:36:16 PM »

Hi!

I am Roman, from siberian town Tomsk)

I am creating robots, and make game with them...real game with real robots!
AbigailMoment
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9789 on: September 30, 2016, 01:14:52 PM »

Hello!

My name is Abigail Corfman.

Professionally, I'm a programmer for NBC Universal. I work on the news side, so we're all scrambling to get our elections projects done.

I also make games! Mostly text based and with the twine engine.

I'm good at programming, game design, and writing. I don't do art.

I enjoy platformers, first person sneakers (Thief Metal Age!), and management sims.

I adore text based adventure games, but they have to be really good to keep my interest.

smk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: September 30, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »

Hi, my name is Sebastian.

I'm an indie dev working at Transhuman Design. I do mostly programming and game design, though experiencing some pixelart phases is also not uncommon for me.

My favorite games that I played this year are Rayman: Origins and Rayman: Legends (yes, lagged a bit). Despite the fact that Rayman is a good example of a "family game", I also love Doom, Quake and DN3D aesthetics and gameplay style, that is, extreme violence, gritty palette, simple rules, fast and responsive controls, 18+ stuff here and there Evil.
tsunamayo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9791 on: September 30, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »

Greetings, I am tsunamayo, an french indie dev hailing from Tokyo.
I like lego, reading sf, saucisson, game (obv.) but I dont have time to devellop and play unfortunately Roll Eyes.
I am currently making a (yet another ?) sci-fi sandbox voxel game. 
Cheers ! Beer!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:16:52 PM by tsunamayo » Logged
Atomboi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:31 AM »

Hey guys!
My name is Alex, and I'm a member of AtomTeam. We're a small indie dev based in Eastern Europe (Ukraine and Latvia mainly, although some of us are from Poland). Our first project is almost green-lit. It's called ATOM a Post Nuclear RPG, and it's our take on the classic CRPG genre. We believe that there's something wrong with you, if you never in your life wanted to make your own Fallout, Deus Ex or Wasteland :D And we take it to the extreme, by basically making a super-niche old school game in 2016. I'm on this forum to post a link for playtesting, actually Smiley So, I think now that I've introduced myself I shall go do it! :D Cheers!

Jack Dandy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: October 01, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »

Hi there! I'm Jack Dandy, and I'm making a video game!

Hoping it all works out well.  Smiley
Grandlion1981
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9794 on: October 01, 2016, 09:36:10 PM »

My name is Sebastien Pacetti. I'm the CEO of Yunoïa a new platform to help game developers (www.yunoia.com). Just found out about this forum, it is very interesting and informative I love it already. :-) I'll do my best to contribute positively.

CEO Yunoïa
www.yunoia.com
DanielMD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9795 on: October 02, 2016, 12:24:26 AM »

Hi, I'm Daniel and currently working as a junior programmer and a game developer in my spare time  Smiley .
I've always had a small passion for creating maps and scenarios in different games and I have found out that a indie game developer profession would suit me, even if it's only part-time. Hopefully someday I would be able to dedicate myself to this profession Shrug
PlayerBuce
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9796 on: October 02, 2016, 06:37:12 PM »

Hello everyone!
   My name is Bryce, or PlayerBuce. I'm a high school and part-time college student in the United States, as well as a hobbyist game developer. Since I have some experience in music composition and 2D/3D design, game design and development has been a long-term interest that I only started pursuing this year.
   I released my first game on Steam in September 2016. It was not very successful, but I am moving on to my next project, which is scheduled for release in 2017.

-Bryce (PlayerBuce)
http://playerbuce.com

Sandwall
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9797 on: October 02, 2016, 06:55:51 PM »

Hey guys!

We're Project Sandwall, an indie studio working on an Ace Combat-inspired arcade flight simulator game called At Skies' Edge. We hope to complete a working multiplayer demo by the end of this year! We're looking forward to sharing our development progress here soon Smiley

Cheers!
demanrisu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9798 on: October 03, 2016, 01:41:56 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Damon, a narrative designer from Australia. I've been in the business for over three years, with credits on games like Starbound, Staxel, and Steal My Artificial Heart. I'm currently working on an Overwatch fangame called Loverwatch, which has had a terrifying amount of buzz around it.

Looking forward to learning more about the craft and making friends along the way!
Quagma Games
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9799 on: October 03, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »

Hell everyone! The names Liam. Im prety much a 1 man band game developer(programing, art, sound etc). However I have a little help every now and then. My dream is to set up my own indie game dev companny. hopefuly I can learn alot here and have that dream come true!
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic