Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:09:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943976 times)
Mitomon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9800 on: October 03, 2016, 07:34:21 PM »

Hi TIGSource,

My name is Mitomon, and this is my pawn shop.
I'm Mitomon, and I can't pick a favorite part of game deving either. Coding is fun (when I'm not ripping my hair out because of bugs). I mainly work with Java, but splash in the puddles of JS and HTML when needed. I also think making pixel art sprites, animations, and backgrounds is entertaining. Don't even get me started on composing. I even write stories for my games from Sci-fi to Hi-fi (historical fiction, trying to make it catch on). To take it a step further, I translate them to other languages! Yes, I am crazy, here is my website: Mitomon.com . To check out one of my current projects, take a look at aff.mitomon.com <---Blog. Although I can do most of the game deving process alone(slowly but surely), I have found that working with a partner or team both speeds things up, and makes the process a lot more enjoyable. I don't plan on becoming a full-time indie game dev, but it sure is fun while I work on my Aerospace Engineering degree. I'm glad to have found such a cool community for developers to be able to share the joys of the job with.

Happy Deving,
Mitomon
Oddwarg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9801 on: October 04, 2016, 09:52:44 AM »

Hi, I'm Oddwarg, and I'm trying to make a living as an independent game developer.

My first introduction to video games was through my brother's Sega Mega Drive as a small child, and the games I remember the best from that time would be Sonic, Rocket Knight Adventures and Truxton. I later enjoyed access to a wider range of systems, and I fail to select only a few favourite games, but to mention some: Descent II, Carmageddon, Prince of Persia, Command & Conquer, Jak & Daxter, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami, Starcraft II and Bayonetta. I have a thing for physics-based gameplay, high skill ceilings, compelling stories, twisted humour and cute characters. It is also my opinion that music carries huge importance in video games.

I first started making games when a friend introduced me to Game Maker 3. Aside from a few misadventures with other software, I kept using the various versions of Game Maker until I entered higher education. From there, I gradually shifted to using Java as my main language and I graduated with a Master's degree in early 2016. My forte is programming complex software systems such as game engines, but I strive to become competent with all aspects of game development, from illustration to sound design. I prefer to work alone for the most part.

I am probably best known for the somewhat infamous Eggman Hates Furries, then Patapony. Some people may remember me for "Animal RPG", which I made way back, and a lesser known personal favourite is Super Sawman.

I also have a sort of long lasting mentor relationship with Hubol http://hubolhubolhubol.com/, who is better known than me at this point.

My website is at http://oddwarg.com, and for the rest of the internet I use the same name everywhere.
jpohalloran
Level 0

Making games and taking names

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9802 on: October 04, 2016, 10:28:16 AM »

Hey Everyone! I'm James, founder of my "currently one-man" dev team Mighty Pebble Games.

I have been working on my first game Miner Meltdown: a 2D team-based competitive multiplayer mining game.
Miner Meltdown was greenlit earlier this year, and is scheduled to be released in Steam Early Access Feb 2017.

You can check out my Early Access trailer here:

I've been pretty off the grid, so I'm hoping to be a bit more involved in the community, share what I'm working with you, and learn from you all!

Also! Just started a page where I'll continue to keep updating through Miner Meltdown's development here

Thanks! Have a great day
- James

- James
AlcyonGames
Level 0

Games for Gamers by Gamers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9803 on: October 04, 2016, 10:45:44 AM »

Hi!, we are Alcyon Games.
We are a new indie developer company based on ConcepciĆ³n, Chile.
Currently we are working on our first game, a super metroid inspired game. We really love games and loved that Metroid game, so we wanted to make our own!. We have currently like 7 moths of production so far and we want to show you everything we have until now.
Obviously we love indie games too, we want to make games made by people who plays them too!.

Hopefully this will be a rich and great experience with all of you!

We are really excited to show you our progress!

If you want to know more before our official post here on TIGsource you can visit: www.facebook.com/alcyongames

Rscar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: October 04, 2016, 12:34:03 PM »

Hello! I'm Reid, currently 24 in the states, running Shallot Games. I don't have any notable titles yet, but I've participated in a few Ludum Dares and released a few small mobile games, always working to find that breakthrough game (aren't we all)!

My start to gaming was back when my neighbors had their N64 and gameboys, notable titles include Star Fox 64 and Super Mario Bros Deluxe. They also gave me my first pokemon card (Charmeleon). Since then I've always loved handheld games, and have a particular love for the sidescrolling Metroids, with Fusion being my favorite. It was the first game that made me feel things, I actually felt fear when the sa-x was walking in that hallway below you, which I love revisiting as a dev to understand why I felt what I did.

Progressing from handheld stuff, I got into PC gaming, and also picked up GameMaker (in the Mark Overmars days) to start dabbling. I made some fun things with friends, had a website, and generally enjoying making games more than I enjoyed playing them at this point. Progress further, I still love handhelds and gamedev, so I get the old brick-esque Motorola Droid with the sliding keyboard and build a brickbreaker game. I've been mostly on mobile ever since.

Now, after some college and b2b programming experience, I'm a full-time Unity dev + artist living on savings trying to make things that people enjoy. I absolutely love my freedom to build whatever I want and have been learning so much through experimenting with tons of half finished games, but I do realize it can't last forever, so I've been contracting and still trying to make something financially successful in order to sustain this freedom. I've just release my 3rd mobile game, Putthole, after Gap Cat (one tap pixel art game) and Bargain Bonsai (brush up of a Ludum Dare game). Hoping it goes well, I'll be making more games regardless! Smiley
FathomSchmidt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: October 04, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »

Hello,

I am Steve Schmidt.  I am a professional programmer and ...I like games.

I love the original Zelda, Final Fantasy 6 (FF3 in the US), and FF7.  I work on a number of projects in my spare time.  I like working with Unity3D, PlayCanvas, and GooCreate.

I am working on getting some small projects finished so I can have a number of releases for the web.
Stricle
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9806 on: October 04, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »

Hello people !

My name is Lucas and I am brasilian.
My experience with videogames started when I was big enough to hold a joystick. I grew up playing SNES classics like: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Street Fighter, etc.

Now, I am at College studying something non-games related. However I am working a game on my spare time.

Well... that's it. I am not very good with presentations.

My devlog:     My twitter:
Private Party      twitter
Evil Sonic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9807 on: October 05, 2016, 01:53:35 AM »

Hello! My name is Evil Sonic, you can also call me Evey for short.

I'm mainly an artist, my passion from art came from (not surprisingly based on my name. lol) my enjoyment from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. At first, my main goal was to become an animator but for the past few years game dev has gotten my interest. I love to make characters and stories, even though I do art stuffs I do have interest in learning programming. So far, I only have basic knowledge but maybe one day that can turn into in depth knowledge.

For games, I haven't really made any I consider actual games yet. I did make 4 little "prototypes" for a college class I had one Summer, and I am currently (well, sorta, I've been doing it really slowly) working on a RPG Maker game for fun. Which, technically is done but I planned to make animated cutscenes and I'm sticking to that plan. So whenever those are done the game will be 100% finished.

fannycomgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: October 05, 2016, 01:31:23 PM »

Hello,

My name is Matt.  I've been studying game programming as a hobby for a long time.  Working with many environments over the years.  I guess my first "public" release was You don't know Jack about Networking in c++ with DirectX7  so a friend could quiz his college class as a presentation.  Fast forward a decade, and nearly as many different sdk's as years, and I'm now enjoying making things in Unity3d.

I'm looking forward to presenting my first published title here.  It's clearly heavily inspired from previous works, and the difficulty is inspired for the purpose of trolling my friends about their low scores.

Looking forward to feedback of any kind!

Cheers,

Matt
rozza
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9809 on: October 06, 2016, 07:12:57 AM »

Hey hey!

I'm Rory, a coder and occasional sound/music guy from Brisbane. I'm currently just at the end of a degree in games majoring in programming and I also work for a serious games company that mostly does engineering simulations and VR experiences.

I guess I first got into game dev when, as a kid with way too much time on my hands, I decided to try and teach myself C++ and learn to make games. Fast forward a few years and I have one game I worked on and completed as a side project, another nearing completion that was a final capstone uni project, and a couple of game jam games under my belt.

Here is a (crappy) picture of me in my natural habitat:

The first couple of projects I worked on were just using C++ and Irrlicht/Ogre3d, but since I started the games degree pretty much all the large projects I've done have been in Unity (helped by the fact that my work also uses Unity exclusively). I definitely wouldn't go back to trying to roll my own engine out of different libraries for 3d graphics, sound, physics, GUI, etc like before, but I am kind of starting to get cold feet with using the same engine all the time though so hopefully soon I'll have a project that lets me experiment with Unreal or CryEngine or something.

At the moment I'm pretty much entirely focused on finishing Bees Won't Exist but once that's out the door I have another project for a Vive game lined up that's a continuation of the project I made last weekend at the brIGDA 48 hour game jam, so stay tuned for that!
yellowstargames
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9810 on: October 06, 2016, 10:04:29 PM »

Hey,

I am Sha from Yellow Star Games. I like to spend time creating and animating in 3D applications. If I get tired of 3D (which happens sometimes) I jump to Photoshop until I miss 3D.

You all have a great day!
evglabs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: October 07, 2016, 07:00:48 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Mark, and I've been toying around with programming for a few years. Last year I finally sat down and finished my game!
NightAgent
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: October 07, 2016, 10:17:46 PM »

Hi everybody! My name is Night Agent, and I love to make games.  I hope I'll be playing some of the great games some of you are making soon.  I'm working on a game myself, and I hope to share it with you.

Beer!
fanzo
TIGBaby

fanzo

View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: October 08, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »

Hey i am Enzo and i like to program games so much!, i use GameMaker and Java, and i want to use Love2D later!!
Jaxkr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: October 09, 2016, 10:23:23 AM »

Hello.
I'm Jaxkr. I am a web and backend developer who is learning how to make games when not working.

Blink Looking to learn all I can.
luke137
Level 0

Dev, generalist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9815 on: October 09, 2016, 05:01:49 PM »

Hey all,

I'm Luke. I'm a programmer from a computer science research background. Gentleman

I've always enjoyed playing video games - played a lot of stuff by old Rare. Some time in my teen years I got interested in how games are made and tried my hand at some 3d modelling software (max if I remember correctly). Also, I was pretty into using photoshop and premiere around that time, which turned out to be super useful later on. Anyways, in my later years of high-school and definitely in university I got into programming in a big way. Did a bunch of paid work and eventually decided to pursue some further study as a computer science researcher. Some time during my academic stint I got friendly with some guys who were starting a games company. I jumped on board with that and starting making a bunch of small jam games. That was super fun, so we eventually skilled up enough to start working on commercial games. So we've been working on something for a couple years... and that brings us to about now.
Hiboshi
Level 0

Having a coffee break

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9816 on: October 10, 2016, 02:18:48 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Víctor, from Spain. I'm currently working as a teacher in a videogame design degree here in Barcelona.
Even when I have a computer science degree and enjoy programming a lot, I lean more towards Game Design and interaction design (interfaces and all that).

Until recently, I was in a studio called OXiAB (in fact, I am one of its founders). Due to some discrepancies within the group, two of us decided to step aside and start the adventure anew by ourselves.

With OXiAB, we made a game for Wii U called Canvaleon, which is powered by a custom engine in C++ designed mostly by me. We even went to Tokyo Game Show in 2014 to show the game, and people liked it a lot.

We didn't know very much how to market the game and thus the sales numbers (and reviews) reflect it. Anyway, I'm very glad with the game itself, and I can assure it's not as bad as Metacritic says  Wink.

Now I want to do things better and that's why I'm here, to learn and have a better communication with fellow developers.

Soon I'll show what I'm working on (as soon as I don't have VERY crappy placeholders  Tongue)

Regards!

Azlen
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: October 10, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Azlen and I'm a 16 year old web\backend developer and game programmer. Aspiring to a future of tech startups and game design.

I regularly participate in game jams, mainly larger ones (due to lack of time because of school) such as Ludum Dare and the Global Game Jam. I hope to get more involved with the community, and soon, start working on some of my own game ideas more seriously.

See you around!
 Blink
ITense
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: October 11, 2016, 06:37:08 AM »

Hello.
My name is Misha. I like to play soccer, baseball, golf and many other kinds of sport, but my sign up's reason is my love for android and creating games for android users. I want to be a part of your great community Smiley
WarpQueen
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9819 on: October 11, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm rather new to the indie world, not new to games however. I've worked in the industry for ten years, and just now quit to start a studio with my husband (who has also worked with games for ten years). We have been working for Avalanche Studios and Paradox Development Studio. Now it's just the two of us, but we plan to do this for a living, so it will be very exciting to release the first game in like a year and a half and see what happens!

As for what I've been up to during my ten years, I have been: level designer, technical designer, community manager, IT manager, tech support, localization manager, installer maker, producer, executive producer and held a seat in the management team at the latest studio. Working for a smaller company really gives you possibilities to try out EVERYTHING. Smiley

Oh, and we've got a website up and running, have a look if you'd like: www.warpzonestudios.com
It's very small, but we have a blog where we write some about the tech setup we're doing.

Pages: 1 ... 489 490 [491] 492 493 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic