Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 05:58:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1952499 times)
Gospel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: October 11, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »

Hello there!

I'm an artist and writer who greatly enjoys interactive fiction, so it probably shouldn't come as a surprise that I mainly focus on the creation of visual novels. Driven by a passion for detective stories and murder mysteries, as well as for horror, my best friend and I have been spending the past three years working on a VN, which we have just recently released.

I really love games like Ace Attorney or Danganronpa and want to create more, similar experiences in the future.

I do, however, enjoy all kinds of other games too, and I would certainly like to try my hands at something more gameplay-heavy some day.
Once I've acquired the necessary skill set in regards to programming that is, haha.
jandu
Level 0

JanduSoft - VideoGames Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9821 on: October 12, 2016, 05:11:14 AM »

Hello people!!

I'm Jose Antonio, usually called "jandu" on Barcelona, and I'm CEO of JanduSoft a videogames developer company based on barcelona/spain.

I made several mobile games, and now I'm working on several pc/console games until the Indieapocalipse catch me.

Regards!

Paranoise
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: October 12, 2016, 05:38:52 AM »

Hi, guys. My name is Diego Oliveira and I'm an indie game developer from Brazil.

I was born to create games, like many here. If you believe in fate, call it so. Wizard
dizzymind
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: October 12, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »

Hello my name is Spyros Pettas and I am from Greece. I was abducted by grey aliens when i was little, and have a post traumatic disorder since then. Anyway i develop games in my free time, and try desperately to do it professionally full time. My first game is on greenlight:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=777464686
Freakazoid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9824 on: October 12, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »

Hi Everyone !

My name is Vince, i'm from France (Paris).

I'm programming a lot of things (especially games Smiley) for almost 15 years now.
My first hobby is video games ! I'm a huge fan of old 16 bit games from Super Nintendo and Megadrive-Genesis console.

Some of my favorite old games :
Sonic (1 => 3 & Sonic & Knuckles)
Flashback
Street of rage (1,2 and even the 3 !)
Duke Nukem 3D
Red Alert 1

I'm currently developping an indie retro game on my freetime with a friend. I will present the project soon  Wink
Manky
Level 0

Who is this?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9825 on: October 15, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »

Hi Tig!  Part-time solo developer here, about six months into developing a game I'm hoping to finish by the end of 2018.

Here is a photo of me dressed up like Ash Ketchum.

I've previously been an active particpant in Ludum Dare (and plan to continue when LD weekends stop conflicting with my schedule) and have taken a gold medal in humor on two separate occasions with Billy McMath Solves Problems and my stupid Ace Attorney parody, The Trial of Tyrone Rex.

These and some of my other random experiments from college are on my website.

I also co-host a Let's Play channel called Press Buttons 'n Talk with my buddy SungWon.

Anyhow, I've heard TIGSource brought up listening to some podcasts (Infinite Ammo and TheIndiePod) and decided I'd come here asking for feedback on the game, as I'm planning to start rolling out testing builds soon.  I'll take some time to give feedback on some of the other games posted, as is the Ludum Dare way, but I doubt I'll be very active outside of that forum as I'm currently working on my game on top of a 40-hour day job  Coffee

Looking forward to helping each other make excellent video games!

clowcode
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9826 on: October 15, 2016, 08:51:59 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I'm Mike. Been making small games for hobby for about seventeen years now. Hoping to release my magnum opus sometime soon.  Beer!

Nice to meet you all.
Evgiz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9827 on: October 16, 2016, 02:49:06 AM »

Hey everyone!

My name is Sigve, but I usually go by the name Evgiz online. I'm 19 years old and currently studying computer science.
I've been making games since I was about 12, which is when I first stumbled upon the original game maker. After a year or so I moved on to learning java by myself, and today I know java, c#, lua and c all fairly well. I have released a few games, most of them for free on my website. Many of these games were made for Ludum Dare. I hope to be able to release some larger scale games on steam in the future! Smiley

PanosEmberwulf
TIGBaby

Rock God Tycoon Creator

View Profile
« Reply #9828 on: October 16, 2016, 11:40:57 AM »

Hello,

My name is Panos I am 21 years old, I have a Bachelor's Degree in animation and design. I have been working on a few indie projects in the past before creating my own game design document in 2013. Since then I have been focused on my first project which is called Rock God Tycoon alongside my friend and programer Sebastian and it is close to release through Steam under my team Emberwulf.

Besides that, I have been spending countless hours in Photoshop developing the game and improving my skills. I love playing RPG games my favorite being KoTOR and the Witcher series.

Tomma
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9829 on: October 18, 2016, 04:08:49 AM »

Hello everybody,

My real name is Thomas and I'm a game developer living in France.

When I was a little boy, my dad brought a ZX81 at home (and later, a VCS 2800). It was a revelation! Since, I like video games and programming (and Lego, but this is another story).

I've been working as programmer in video games industry for years. I started my own business for few months. I created my studio Tomlab Games and I'm working on a puzzle game named Pictopix! I will tell you more soon.

Tom

DiatomicMuffin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9830 on: October 18, 2016, 04:24:08 AM »

Heya

wana be Game Developer from New Zealand here Smiley

I can't remember when I even first got into gaming at all, it has just been something I have been doing ever since I can remember and I didn't even intentionally start developing games to be honest. That may sound weird but Blender has A visual scripting feature that I enjoyed so much I used to play around with for hours creating games. A few years of that until i realized what I actually loved and started pursuing it much more with EPICs UE4.

Almost forgot I have a website with some of my work. diatomicgames.com

Muffin
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 05:19:33 AM by DiatomicMuffin » Logged
DAndrëwBox
Level 0

The mind behind Mainasutto

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9831 on: October 18, 2016, 06:08:08 AM »

Howdy!
My real name is Francisco, but usually people call me Andrëw (that's 'cause my middle name) and I addopted that as my nickname. I'm 19yrs old and I live on Chile. Smiley

My native lenguage is spanish but I know a few of english, so, sorry if I didn't have the best grammar or context on some sentences.

When I was child I have the revelation of what I'll do with my life, and that was to make games, on those times inspired by Castlevania and Metal Gear sagas. So, when I has 9yrs old I started to "make games" (actually them are just draw concepts and draws on a book and play with friends on those draws). At my 10th or 11th birthday, my dad bought me a computer and then I start to investigate about making games on computer, and well, I discovered that I love programming and drawing (but that last is another story).
So with my friends, we start a "game develop" group called Squine Mode and it lasts almost a few months ago before I started to studying on the university.

Actually I'm working on a big project with two friends of Squine Mode called Mainasutto: I'm not Alone for the last 3 years, and all the information will be soon uploaded on http://mainasutto.com . Also, I make somegames by myself and with friends to some game jams as the GGJ or the GbJam and them are posted on gamejolt.

Annyway, this is a picture of me 'cause reasons.(?)

yeah, I took this picture on the bathroom.

|| Steam || Twitter || Discord ||
BIANGLE
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9832 on: October 18, 2016, 01:44:45 PM »

Hello TIGForums!

My name is Bruce Roberts, and i primarily make iOS Games at the moment. I started programming at the age of 12, after getting my brand new first generation iPod Touch.
I had my first app in the store (iKit) at 13. It was a drum kit app that used pictures of drums i found on google images. In short: it looked horrible. But thats alright for a first project!

I got better at app development throughout high school, and now that i have graduated and went through the traditional horrible food service job, I am putting my focus on my start-up company - BIANGLE. Currently I have 3 games (and counting) in the App Store.

TIGForums seems like a great community for people like myself, i wish i had found it earlier!

PS: Now i am 21
Infinite_Machine
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9833 on: October 18, 2016, 05:48:58 PM »

We are a new account run by Lawrence Technological University's game development organization, Infinite Machine. We are a group of students, artists and programmers, who come together to create video games. Currently we are working on a puzzle platforming game involving two characters, a mage and golem. Using the mage to direct the golem this duo travel along each level and require one another to solve problems. Using this website to post updates and art of the game we hope to form connections with other game developers and share our completed product with others!

DMika
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9834 on: October 19, 2016, 02:22:01 AM »

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, my name is Mika and I love myself some indie games and development. I currently working in a studio located in Bangkok for superfun AR experiences. Nice to meet yall!
FreeCarpenter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9835 on: October 19, 2016, 10:58:57 PM »

Hello my name is Arya,

I currently working on a game called Legrand Legacy as Marketing Communication from developer Semisoft & Tinker Games, my work mostly handle social media and stuff. I'm Indonesian and not native English, if you find grammatical error, please notify me, it would be great.

Here's me while preparing for Legrand Legacy booth at Indonesia Comic Con 2016

and remember this dog?

Duck Hunt is one of my first game, I do remember other thought, but still can't forget the insult  Angry  Grin Grin Grin

I'm newbie to this industry, please take care of me and nice to meet you  Smiley Smiley Smiley

You can find me at Facebook & Twitter
DleanJeans
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9836 on: October 22, 2016, 07:54:26 PM »

Hey, my name is Dlean Jeans. I'm a highschool student and I'll be 16 in a few months.

I'm currently working on my very first game called RepelBall which is a Pong spin-off, using the HaxeFlixel game engine.
I mostly code and can do some vector art, trying to learn how to make music.

Twitter: @DleanJeans

DevLog: RepelBall
MCHLVSSW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9837 on: October 23, 2016, 01:33:20 AM »

Hi there,

My name is Michel, living in Normandy, 33 y o, 2 kids.

Whenever I am not with my family nor working, I read comics, play board games / RP games / video games. Most of my day I wander in my thoughts of fantastic worlds inspired by Herbert's, Asimov's, Moorcock's masterpieces (and others...).

My first video games were on AMSTRAD, then on SNES. I have never felt again like when I was playing 'Iron Lords', 'Barbarians', 'Another World', 'Secret of Mana', 'Super Metroid'. I cannot say if video games were better in the good old days or if this come from me... yeah most likely the second one.

I felt in programming when I was 9. Not really programming though...  I was just copying a source code included in appendix of the Amstrad user guide ....without understanding anything. It was nightmare as I did not work on the first try, debugging was impossible for me and I had to go through lines of code trying to see what I typed wrong. But finally the Arkanoid-copy came alive and it was a magical moment. Some years later I developed my first game on Turbo Pascal on my brother's PC (a turn-based game inspired from 'BloodBowl' board game). Since then most of my creative lust went in writing novels, drawing fantasy characters and writing RPG.

My job is far from games, so Game Dev is a hobby for me. I wander on forum, in particular here, admiring the creativity and vision of all the passionate Game designers, Artists and Programmers. So even If I do not have the time to build a game, I am joining the community to be part of this.

Speak to you very soon,

MCHL
Enduinn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9838 on: October 23, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »

Hi TIGers!

I'm a programmer in Seattle. I introduced myself to programming decades ago but always tried to do what was way beyond reasonable, like recreate AAA game titles but better. I'm here now because I like making games and I want to work with others and get serious and actually start completing projects of realistic size.

Among my favorite games are FFIV, Chrono Trigger, The Lost Vikings, Warcraft 2, Starcraft(all), Minecraft, Frogatto, and Battle for Wesnoth.

Enduinn
PixelMate
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9839 on: October 24, 2016, 03:17:47 AM »

Hello, I'm Nick. And I am a part of an indie gamedeveloper team based in Russia. I am a tester and a vfx artist in the team.

We are making a survival on ue4. Glad to meet you all.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic