Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:26:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1907209 times)
DigitalHamburger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9840 on: October 24, 2016, 05:15:42 AM »

Hi, my name is Jonas (24) and I'm an indie dev from Germany, Hamburg.
Currently working on a 2D game with UE4.

I've been enjoying video games as long as I can remember, some of my favourites are Dungeon Keeper, TES Series, FF7, Minecraft, Civ Series. Recently I've been playing a lot of Factorio and Stardew Valley.

Gamdev-wise I'm something of an allrounder. I learned scripting with the RPG Maker 2k and am now using UE4s Blueprint system, since I'm not much of a classical programmer, but I understand the logic behind it. I taught myself how to do pixel art and I've been a long time hobby musician/composer.

Currently have a part time job to finance my indie endeavours, but I hope to be working in games full time, if I manage to do that.

Welp, that's about it!  Smiley
tyzoone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9841 on: October 24, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »

Hey guys,

Found this forum on the google and joined a while back. Don't think I ever introduced myself however! I've worked in film and games for several years as an asset, character artist and I'm jumping into unity to develop my own games. I've heard this is a valuable resource and I'm excited to steal vast amounts of knowledge from your brains!!!

Below is a link to my art portfolio! Have a look and offer some good critiques!

www.thekoncepts.com

eWeapons
Level 0

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=eW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9842 on: October 24, 2016, 11:44:33 PM »

Hi all my name is David ,Im 29years old programmer from Spain. My job is c# and unity . Starting gaming on my pc486 about 20years ago and the rest is history.

Jack7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9843 on: October 25, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »

hi everyone. I've been a long time fan of games since the NES and recently decided to try development. i do want everyone to know that if i do post a link to any of my works it will not be for profit. I mainly just like critique to see hoe im doing
high-priest.clppr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9844 on: October 25, 2016, 11:47:19 PM »

Rules said to post here.

Long time devlog viewer for motivation. Figured I'd sign up and eventually post my own and join discussion on games I've personally backed.Got into games when my dad got me a PC when I was 6 and introduced me to Doom 2 and Dust, tales of the wild west. Never looked back. Have an a.s. in computer science and have taught myself graphic design, coding, and web admin stuff through friends and the internet for 15 or so years. Currently working on 4 very early projects, 2 personal and 2 with different friends .
The ArchWage
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9845 on: October 26, 2016, 12:04:09 AM »

Hi!
My name is Wojtek and I'm 25. My favorite games ordered by the time of discovery are: Super Mario and Contra on SNES, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1ed on paper, Age of Empires 2 and Gothic 1 on PC. These are the most memorable ones for me Smiley
Two years ago with friends we decided to make mobile games as a hobby, with literally no experience at all. It was fun, it should be and it is still!
I hope this forum will be excellent place to get feedback from all of you. I'll try to help as well!
Cheers,
The ArchWage
Dapocalypse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9846 on: October 26, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »

My name is Dapocalypse. I got into video games at a young age. I cant even remember when I got into it. Also note IM 12. I got into programming and game dev at the age of 9. Me and my friend are working on a game together but he dosn't know game dev yet (Lets just say hes a year or 2 older than me). I recently got into Attack on Titan.  My Word! Gentleman
dragbone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9847 on: October 28, 2016, 12:07:26 AM »

Hey guys! I'm dragbone, an indie game developer from Switzerland. I'm half of a two man team/gamestudio that calls itself Pixel With Hat. My skills lie primarily in programming and code architecture.

I've got into games at a young age (maybe 5?) but once I got my own computer I started making games, at first in Powerpoint and later in BASIC. My first "playable" games were made in Gamemaker and that's also how I learned to code. Later I started studying Computer Science at University and got into more "real" programming languages. Now I'm a (almost) full-time Software Engineer who likes to create games in his free time.

Currently I'm working on a prototype of our second game (while the first one is stuck in Greenlight limbo).
That's all for now, I'll provide this derpy monster slime as an offering to the game gods:

Senalux
hex-based puzzle game about optics

NIFTY
arcade twin-stick shooter
BananaboySam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9848 on: October 28, 2016, 09:42:40 PM »

Hi! My name is Sam, and I've been working in the games industry since 2005. I worked at Blue Tongue Entertainment in Melbourne, Australia, where I worked on Barnyard, de Blob 1 & 2 (probably my favorite projects I've ever worked on), and Homefront.

I grew up writing and playing games on the only Australian computer, the Microbee! It was a fantastic little Z80-based machine. We had both the 16kb tape machine and then later a CP/M disk based machine. I also had a NES and a Sega Master System 2. I loved both of those consoles for different reasons. I loved the vibrant colours of the SMS, but I generally preferred the gameplay on the NES. They both had excellent games that I played the heck out of though, like Psycho Fox, Sonic, Cloud Master, and Alex Kidd on the SMS, and the entire Double Dragon series (I especially played a lot of DD3), SMB 1 and 3, and Zelda on the NES. Those are the ones I remember playing the most.

After THQ shut down Blue Tongue and I was made redundant, I started doing contract work. I worked on the Wii U port of Deus Ex: Human Revolution which was really exciting. Since then I've been doing little bits of contract work here and there, like on Moonman, Defect SDK, FRAMED, and some other things. In between all this contract work I've always been dabbling away on my own things but I've finally taken the plunge with an old friend from my Blue Tongue days and we've started up a new company, Polyphonic LP where we are working on music games. Our first game is a kind of mash up between Sokoban and a step sequencer, called Resynth.

Hope to chat more!
mcoorlim
Level 0

New at this

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9849 on: October 29, 2016, 01:27:41 PM »

Hi. My name is Michael, and I've been into game dev since I was a kid playing around with microcomputers picked up at garage sales and programming text parsers in basic on my C64. It's never been much more than a hobby. Most of my game dev experience has been with interactive fiction, first in basic, later with tools like TADS and Inform or whatever. I was always more interested in coding-as-puzzle than actually finishing or releasing anything, though.

My attitudes have changed. For the last five years I've been making a living as a self-publishing author and reveling in the vindication of finished projects rather than losing myself in the process itself. In addition to the novels, I co-produce, write, and direct an audiodrama podcast and dabble in tabletop RPG products.

Gotta keep busy, right?

whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9850 on: October 30, 2016, 02:54:13 AM »

Hi TIG, I'm a super longtime lurker who finally decided to bite the bullet and register... which means I'm also finally committing to starting my own devlog! I'm a (regular boring) programmer from the UK who has always been into games and fascinated by their development, and I've the typical half a million ideas under my belt, the vast majority of which have stayed that way. Like many I've never finished a game, but I'm hoping that'll change with a few tiny-scale games, to lead up to bigger and cooler things!

I love processes and systems, so simulations and management style games are my jam and where many of my ideas draw their inspiration. I've already built a simple but functional genetics simulator tool in Unity which I'm planning on using for my first project, and I intend on improving that tool over time. I'm a chronic procrastinator but working full-time for the last year has really improved my priorities and desire to use my free time wisely. Here's to non-zero days! Beer!

theproof
Level 0

Nothing is impossible!

View Profile
« Reply #9851 on: October 30, 2016, 09:28:44 PM »

Hi fellows!

Well, here in Austria it's about 6am, so, one of these coding nights caught me and I landed - here at TIG. So first at all, glad to be here, seems to be a nice place, full of gentle people.

My name is Mario and I am a passionate developer (hell more than 15yrs) and really new to game programminf itself in terms of working on my own game, which is the plan. I have experience as a user interface designer as well and the tools to realize these interfaces. All in all I use different programming languages (.NET, Java, Web-Tech. Stack) and 3ds max, Unity, Adobe stack for my work.

If you want to understand which types of games i like or adore, think about Zelda, The Room 1-3, Journey and Anno Series. Combine Music, beautiful art and thrill to mix up my beloved genres. In fact: I nearly don't have a special genre.. probably simulations like Transport Tycoon or so. Hell, I am an old tiger.

I started programming when I was 10years ild and the first program has been written in assembler, from there I started C/C++ when i was 12 and with 14/16 I gave programming classes at the school Smiley I started my software company by 18 and from then the story continued. At the moment I run the company and do also my PhD in the field of artificial intelligence.

The dream to release my own game one day is chasing me for long time and now the time has come Wink

If you want to know more, just drop me a PM - I love to meet new people all over the world!

cheers & happy development,
TheProof
indominator
Level 1

?????

View Profile
« Reply #9852 on: November 01, 2016, 09:01:38 AM »

hi, i am brazilian game developer, i mostly started making freeform larps and trying to be a playwright, but such as life i couldnt get into the market. Two years before i treid getting into the market, but couldnt because of unqualified workforce, now i am going to solo and hiring some freelance people to help me with art and music.

i just hope one day i can finnaly live off game developtment

Nicksoft
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9853 on: November 01, 2016, 04:37:49 PM »

Alrighty so here goes my first post here... My name is Nicholas Martin.  I am 28 years young, love to travel and try to stay fit when my game design binges allows it

I first started making games back in 2002 when I found a copy of Klick & Play on my moms super ancient 486.  At first the games were terrible.  I just did it for a hobby.  Over time game design started to become my identity

Now the nickname "Nicksoft" is actually an inside joke between me and my friends.  In a computer class I made the logo as a joke. When printed in black and white it looked like "Dicksoft" so it has stuck with me ever since  Cheesy

A lot of my games are inspired by the Mega Man series, especially Mega Man legends. (I once recreated a 2D version of that game I was so obsessed lollll)  I also loved final fantasy and legend of zelda - a link to the past

Over the years I have made games on and off always as a hobby.  I went thru a 4 year phase where I stopped making games after I had an incident where I was robbed.  I lost everything I ever made as I had my laptop and my backup hard drive on me

Well after 4 years I picked it up again (and somehow got better???)

I released my first professional game last year after flopping from career to career, breaking a few bones (in construction) finally deciding not to compromise and stick to game design

I live with my gf of 4 months and she is super supportive of me.  She has been a great motivator for me to keep doing what I am doing as most people tell me "get a real job"  As such I finished my first solo game 2 days ago! Woot! After struggling with it over a year constantly being demotivated (usually financial stress)

Anyways dudes, keep making games and never give up! I am not that great at this kind of thing but hopes that gives you an idea about who I am

Check out my newest game, PhySix BREAK!  The beta demo is available in Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.physixbreak.endlessspace
OddCometGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9854 on: November 01, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »

Hello, everyone!
My name is Viktor. I am a game developer from Odd Comet Games, a small independent games developer studio located in Sweden. I moved to Sweden from Ukraine just a year ago and have started my career as a game developer. We are planning to release our new game based on famous in Sweden and Finland Moomin Characters in a few days. And I hope you will like my work! Embarrassed
Rilen
« Reply #9855 on: November 03, 2016, 04:24:34 AM »

Hi there!

I'm Ryland and I am learning Unity! I also like messing around in Twine and other IF engines. I have been a writer most of my life, and a professional cook. And a farmer. And a maths teacher. Lots of odd things.

https://hellameaty.itch.io/ is my itch, you can see my dumb stumblings and tell me how to git gud!

I started playing games on NES and then found PC gaming through Diablo and Dune 2000. Grim Fandango and King's Quest taught me about puzzles, and Myst taught me that weirdness was awesome. Cosmology of Kyoto really doubled down on that.

I played a lot of games for a long time, and then I quit. I became a healthier person, I spent a lot of time outdoors. And one morning, watching the sun rise over a canyon from a mountaintop, I heard the Morrowind theme playing my  head. So I came back to games. I had gotten bored by a lot of things, but also excited by a lot of things. I guess I am trying to learn to make them now because people like Nina Freeman, Zoe Quinn, Christine Love, Robert Yang, etc. have inspired me. The underground comix of games.

My dream is to work for the post office so I can have a cushy job and make games in my spare time.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: November 03, 2016, 02:01:24 PM »

Hi all, my name is Joe
elsdrag00n
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: November 04, 2016, 11:43:07 AM »

Hey everyone, my name is Nicholas.  I'm joining TIG as a sort of gym-buddy/support group to keep me honest with my game development aspirations.  I'll be starting a dev-log soon and will need people to constantly ask why I haven't posted anything recently.

Many moons ago, I was an artist/ui designer at Nintendo.  Later, I started my own company with a friend and released Liight for WiiWare, a PAX10 game in 2009.  Later still, I moved into board games and eventually released Villainy with Mayfair Games.

Now, I'm getting back into video games.  I'm interested in learning more about pixel art and LSDJ chiptunes.  And finishing things.  I'm really interested in finishing things.

DaFluffyPotato
Level 0

I like Pygame.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9858 on: November 05, 2016, 04:51:54 AM »

I am a game developer who is obsessed with smoked salmon, however, everyone associates me with potatoes.  Screamy

I actually learned to program after someone mentioned Python. It was like 1 or 2 years after that when I learned. I learned Python in a weekend, and later learned Pygame. Now I make games with Python and Pygame even though I know other languages. It's mostly because of how fast I can make games in Python.  Tongue

My all time favorite game is probably Pokemon Red Rescue team. I'm not sure why, but I really like it.

And just because, I'm going to include pictures of all my games that I've put more than 3 hours into(I started programming in 2013):

Super Launchers(2013):

This game makes me cringe. XD
It was a Super Smash Bros ripoff that someone dared me to make.

Battle Grounds(2014):

This was a game where I had a bunch of monsters, and... uh... yep, that was pretty much it.

Sandbox RPG(2014):

This was actually probably one of my best games from when I first started making games. You walked around, fought, collected stuff, and interacted with people. You even had a reputation with the town, that could cause them to want to kill you.

Derpathon(2015):

This was a game made for my readers...

Mine Explorer(2015):

This was going to be a game about searching through caves for better materials and trying to break out of the cave system that you had been sealed in after being transformed to something weird in an expirement. I have thought of redoing the art and working on this again though...

Zykania(2015):

This is the game I have put the most work into. It was another attempt at what Sandbox RPG was originally going to be. You could do a lot of things, even things like getting pets or making potions.

Force(2015):

The only reason I even cared about this game was because I thought the grass looked amazing. Tongue
The idea of the game was that you could move your "force" around which naturally repels everything except you.

AVoid(2016):

AVoid used the art from Force as a temporary placeholder, but the idea was that you would go around annnnnnd COLLECT A TON OF FOOOOOOOD!!! :D

Artifact Hunter(2016):

Artifact Hunter was an entry for Ludum Dare 36 which I continued for the October Challenge. It's just a bullet hell with a few twists here and there. People can check it out here: https://cmlsc.itch.io/artifact-hunter

I'm best known as CMLSC(because I accidentally got famous for making maps in Minecraft). I only go by DaFluffyPotato in a few places. I'm known as CMLSC or CMLSC7 on pretty much everything else though.

I enjoy Game Development, Art(I use gimp), Music(I use beepbox.co  Shrug), Animation, YouTube, Writing, Food, and Videogames. (I do pretty much everything medea related)

atomcat
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9859 on: November 06, 2016, 06:16:29 AM »

Hello!
My name is Radoslav and I'm an indie dev from Bulgaria. I'm part of a two-man studio called Up Development. We are working on our first game called WIL.
Nice to meet you!
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic