Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:50:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1944529 times)
King Munkey
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: November 06, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »

My name is David although I am more commonly referred to as Munkey. I am getting back into developing games and also currently just enrolled and working towards my bachelors so that I can begin a career in game development. Growing up I began playing a family NES and moved upwards to more commonly play Playstation consoles. I love programming and also love pixel art. Although unfortunately I have been out of the game for about 6 years. I visited this community multiple times before decided to join it as I begin working on my own personal projects to gain help and feedback and learn from this community.

Looking forward to my time spent here.
lordT1ncho
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: November 06, 2016, 07:24:53 PM »

Hello!

Well, I'm Martin and I'm just a bolivian boy who loves videogames and always dreamed about making one. I'm 17 years old and I love the indie scene. I grew up playing Zelda and Metroid on my dad's SNES, so he is the reason why I love videogames. My favorite games so far are Super Metroid, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Harvest Moon (I also enjoy playing CS:GO)

I would like to be a programmer. However, in the country where I live there aren't good universities in computer science, they are all focused on web development, but I will try to learn by myself. I was always interested in computers, I grew up using Linux because of my dad's hobby

I hope I can learn a lot of things here!
smashgamestudios
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: November 07, 2016, 02:49:16 AM »

Hi everyone my name is Hari Prasadh! Im a Game Developer from India. I have been working in the industry for 3 Years! Now I have started my own game studio "Smash Game Studios" with a friend to work on some of the crazy ideas we have. We have made a few games for mobile already, most of them are casual games. However as time has been going by we have started to venture into much more complex games. Our new game The Ultimate Heist is now out on iOS and Android, it is a turn based strategy game. We are now working to make an awesome version of that game on steam with level editors and fancy bells and whistles. We can't wait to show it to everyone once the game is ready for greenlight.
As far as my gaming history goes, I started off by playing on the NES with games like Mario, Zelda and a few others. I've been really into games since then. My favorite games right now are Stardew Valley, Hell Divers, Magicka and a few other generic sports titles I can't help but play every year Tears of Joy
I just stumbled on TIG forum as I was going through various guides on how to get our game up on steam, after going through the devlogs. I felt the community was a great place to get feedback for our new game.
You can check us out on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with all our updates.
RascalJackal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: November 07, 2016, 06:32:20 AM »

Hello all I'm trying to break in the industry as a new game dev, I can do a little bit of coding if needed, but what I really love to make is art.

There's not much to talk about me lol Embarrassed
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9864 on: November 07, 2016, 08:14:01 AM »

Hi everybody ! I'm pretty new at making video games, I started a year ago, during my second year in a video game school. Now I'm graduated and looking for a job as a game designer.

I started to like video game by watching my older brother play when I was young, so those games he played are among my favorites now. I'm talking startcraft 1 and Diablo 2, I spent a lot of hours on those games and I still play starcraft 1. I also played a lot of gba'games, like sword of mana, dbz adventure, final fantasy tactics advance, naruto konoha senki, shining soul 2...

Then I came back to pc games with Quake 3 arena, gta san andreas and the sims 2. Now I'm more skyrim, mass effect or the walking dead.
That's for the games I enjoyed playing =)

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
MoreporkGames
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9865 on: November 07, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

My name is Cory Spooner, started in the industry in 2004 so it's been about 11 years so far (if you extract a one year hiatus).

Most of my industry experience was at 2K Australia where I worked in Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and XCOM: The Bureau (mostly tech art, vfx and some level stuff). Prior to that I worked at Sidhe (now PikPok) as a designer on Jackass, Speed Racer & Gripshift... and before that at Perception as a level designer on Stargate SG1 (unreleased).

Most of my industry experience has been with Unreal Engine, and I've worked with Unreal for 16 years now. Made 60+ levels for UT1, UT2004 & UT3.

I am now doing the indie thing under the guise Morepork Games, in New Zealand. So far released the iOS game Swing Racers (UE3), which did well enough - and about to release Garden Wars on Steam (UE4).

I look forward to posting some stuff here, mainly as the next project progresses!

Cory Spooner - Founder/Developer  @ Morepork Games
My UE4 DEV BLOG
damagefilter
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9866 on: November 08, 2016, 12:45:11 AM »

Hello there. I'm Chris.
I've been visiting the forums on and off for a year or so, looking at DevLogs, mainly.
I've decided I should dive in too and here I am.

I'm a programmer person doing regular old php at day and gamedev at night.
Actually I used to work in the industry too but that adventure didn't last too long
as the company I was with went bankrupt. Whoops. Not my fault. I swear.

I started dabbling into gamedev (back then more modding, really) in 2000.
There I made my first CS maps in Hammer and they were terrible.
It's also ultimately where I got my nickname from.
Most unfortunately I have not many records of those maps anymore Sad

Here's a screenshot of one of the more recent projects (which I ultimately didn't finish because a lack of a thing called time)

It was supposed to be a DE map for CS:GO.
I'd say I might pick it up again but past evidence shows that that won't happen.

Something older, right from my moddb profile.

Eventually I attempted to pull off a total conversion for hl2.
Of course I failed in a blazing fireball of fail.
That's when I decided I needed to learn how to code. It must have been 2009 or 2010.
At any rate. I started programming Java. Minecraft mods mostly. It was a good time and I learned a hell of a lot of things.
I made some plugins for the old hMod server mod. Next to that I started learning PHP because I needed it for maintaining
browser games in the above mentioned company.

Then, eventually, Unity crossed my way and from that point on it finally was making my own games, mostly small games.
But it was what I wanted to do from the beginning.
Truth be told, I could have been starting with this earlier but I know next to nothing about graphics pipelines.
Something I definitely want to catch up with at some point.

So there were my beginnings in making games.
Cue today.
I made a couple of jam games with friends. The latest entry being Shroud of Darkness.
Top-Down pixel puzzler with a hook...shot.

Now I intend to get an adventure project out of the door about ghosts and demons.
And a weird cult.

Anyway.
That's me.
Hello Smiley

Logic is an amazing thing ...
for people that have it.

-Sir Munkleton
PetsAttack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9867 on: November 08, 2016, 06:39:21 PM »

Hello,
We are a couple of experienced S/W developers. However this is the first game that we designed.
more info about us in our page petsattack.com
J0S3PH44
Level 0

Hiya!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9868 on: November 09, 2016, 12:57:31 PM »

I'm Anthony, I've been playing the drums since 2007, and I've been interested in game development for a few years now. But before I get into any of that...

One of the first video games I've ever played is the Spyro the Dragon trilogy that Insomniac Games created for the Playstation.  When we were young, my brother and I would always have to restart each game every time we wanted to play since we didn't have a memory card.  I believe that makes me love Spyro even more now, having played it so much as a kid.  What's even cooler is that a few years ago, I found out that my favorite drummer, Stewart Copeland (from The Police) wrote the soundtrack for the trilogy!  Grin

Anyways, when I was in 5th grade (2010), an online friend told me about a game called Graalonline Classic.  I downloaded it to my iPod and I've been playing it since.  Graal was the first way I really made online friends, or even socialized with people online.  Graal was inspired by Zelda 3 LTTP, and the graphics are very similar because of this.  So my inspiration to become a pixel artist came from Graal, ultimately from Zelda.

In 2013, some of my friends from school and I talked about designing our own video games, and thus Komorebi Games was born!  We have a few projects that we're currently working on, and hopefully becoming active members here will help motivate us to work harder and to meet many other game developers!  Coffee

Addition (August 2020):
Didn't want to rewrite this because it's history hehe.
I'm a student studying Game Design & Music Technology. I'm an aspiring indie dev and I enjoy composing music & creating pixel art.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:09:53 PM by J0S3PH44 » Logged

"This is no good.  I can't win if I'm a cabbage."
LewisClark
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: November 09, 2016, 01:43:51 PM »

Helloo..

My names Lewis, I'm from the UK and I've been into game development for about 4 years now! Haven't made a thing worth mentioning, which irks me greatly.  Crazy

I'm a big fan of programming and I will dip into art only if completely necessary. All of my personal projects have been undertaken in GameMaker though I have a working knowledge of C++ and C#. Learning Unity is maybe second on my list of game-to-do's right under FINISH A FUCKING GAME.

Always interested in teaming up for things, so give me a shout if you need me or want to form a dynamic crime-fighting game-developing duo that doesn't do much crime fighting.

Ta for reading!  Smiley

ITTA
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9870 on: November 11, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

Hello I'm making a little survival game for pc and maybe ios

Here's a pic::

Juliano
Level 0

@3dju

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9871 on: November 13, 2016, 06:42:24 AM »

Hello everyone!
I'm Juliano Silveira, I work at www.aquiris.com.br for 5 years now and I'm a Technical Artist. In love for tech art for a while now. I've worked on some projects like Ballistic (check it on steam), Teen Titans Last Villain Standing and Superstar Soccer 2016 Goal.

Working on a side project that you can check on my twitter @3dju Smiley and later this week on the Devlog that I'll start. Hoping to meet lots of developers here!  Beer!  Coffee

Ryscojo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: November 14, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »

Hey! I'm Ryan.

I'm a 3D artist who has started to get into programming in GameMaker over the last couple of years. I'm currently working on a solo project at the moment. Planning on starting a devlog here to work in a bit less of a vacuum than before.
NoWandStds
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9873 on: November 15, 2016, 03:31:09 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm Johnny Prat, creative director of No Wand Studios, a three-headed indie video game development studio from Zaragoza, Spain. The rest of the team are David Bernad, the real boss around here and programmer and Carlos Carrera, the support of the party: full-time programmer no matter what.

We've been making some little games since we started an now we're working on our first big video game: a science fiction first person explorer and puzzle game.

You can find more about us in our web right here. We haven't had much time to be around here posting and knowing all of your projects but we are going to try check this out more often.

So that's it for now! Have a nice day people!

Independent videogame development studio from Zaragoza, Spain.
strashiner
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: November 15, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »

Hello!

I am Darrel Wijaya. Just a college kid trying to take a stab at the indie industry. Pleasure to meet you all!
The indie industry isn't for the fainthearted. So in any case, we gotta steel ourselves for the worse.
Drekinn
Level 0

It's all in the imagination.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9875 on: November 15, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »

Hey all,

I'm Tom, and I enjoy all manner of game genres, especially simple-yet-ingenious puzzle games which challenge the mind.
I've dabbled in hobbyist game development for many years, though to my regret never with any degree of seriousness. I prefer the solo approach and cover the entire spectrum of game development myself: coding, concept, design, graphics, sound, and now even music, which satisfies me greatly - to have full control over my vision.

Recently I've launched a new website and my first game, made in Flash. I've submitted it to Steam Greenlight but with - as expected - little fanfare from the community. I've learnt early exposure of your game is the most important aspect of game development and that's what has lead me to join this forum.

Looking forward to posting detailed updates to my games here in the hope of generating interest and feedback. Smiley

Potato Dog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9876 on: November 16, 2016, 06:54:56 AM »

Hello!

My name is Dale and and I run a small studio of just me called Potato Dog - that counts as a studio right? I mean I have a desk...

I'm usually an illustrator but recently started making games and working on my first real game, with moving parts, puzzles, jokes and everything. It's called Cliff Parchment: The Mystery of Skeleton Lake, and it's a nod to the classic adventure games like Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, but with a modern day 1 person making it sort of twist.

Anywho, if you wanna check out my work that would be ace, and if you wanna test a demo for Skeleton Lake then there's also a link below - nice to meet you all!

Potato Dale

http://dalesbits.com/

http://dalesbits.com/The-Mystery-of-Skeleton-Lake

Kickstarter

Luddeagle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9877 on: November 16, 2016, 02:08:53 PM »

Salutations from New Zealand! I am Will!
I am a graphic designer that is also an aspiring game developer.

Just finished a game here and hoping for some feedback.
https://luddeagle.itch.io/aegic-crest
melly672
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37:32 PM »

Hi there,

I am a beginner to game developing but have enjoyed playing games my entire life.

My favorite games are...

LOZ: Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Final Fantasy X
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV

Looking forward to being part of the community  Smiley
Art Auger
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9879 on: November 17, 2016, 07:41:18 AM »

Hi Game Dev people!  Smiley

My Name's Art Auger and I'm from the Netherlands.
After a struggling career in film, design and illustration I decided to take all my collected skills and become a Game Dev myself, taking some inspiration from Dutch gamedev heroes Vlambeer, who are actually much younger than I am.

I'm an 80/90ies kid who started gaming with Super Mario Bros 1. I still play games in lots of genres but my favourite games are big on story and atmosphere and low on multiplayer  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic