Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:41:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1953407 times)
babagazeus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: November 17, 2016, 09:19:10 AM »

Hello TIGSource!

I'm Andrew an Indie Game Developer.  Professionally, I am a boring business software developer.  That means the coding part of game development is fun for me, but then I have to slap my horrific art on top (or buy something better).  I have worked on a few projects that can be found here: http://www.babagazeus.com/games/

I found out about this site from reddit.  So far, it looks like a very active community and I hope I can contribute as much as I benefit from it.

Thanks!
RBD2
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: November 17, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »

Hello everyone!

I'm RB, an Australian developer based in Perth. Currently attempting to break into the game dev scene by developing in Unreal Engine 4. Always hoping for the best!

Trying to master every skill in game dev starting with art and programming.

Thanks!
Zayfod
Level 0

As real as it can get!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9882 on: November 18, 2016, 06:27:54 AM »

Hello everyone  Smiley ,
my name is Zay, I am a Kiwi living in Prague for the past 8 years. I have worked in serious games as a developer for nearly 10 years, and prior to that the Film and TV industry. Lately my friend and I have been pursuing our own dream of an indie game, the results of which can be seen in my signature links. We have been greenlit on steam but our work is not over yet. For me Indie game development is a wonderful chance to make something that you want to make for yourself and share, not something that you have to make for others and say goodbye to, but it is not an easy path I have found. So, I have come here to seek new knowledge, pass on what I have learned, and hopefully gain some new friends and perhaps colleagues.

Stay tuned and we will be posting our game announcement (and goals). Until then  Toast Left cheers from Prague (where the beer is incredibly good!).

Thank you TIG forum for this community.

Help Virtual SlotCars achieve 2.5k followers on Facebook / Twitter / Newsletter to prepare for our Kicktstarter Campaign. If you like VSC click Like!
zeoxo
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9883 on: November 18, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »

Hello, my name is Dylan and I am currently a student at Kutztown University and I like to "attempt" to make games in my free time. So far I have only completed one small game currently available on iOS called Paper or Plastic.
Christ0bell
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: November 18, 2016, 04:13:31 PM »

:whome:Howdy all, my names Chris.

Im a jack of all trades and master of none kinda guy. i have dabbled in music ,studied in animation and now work as an I.T apprentice programming, after a long and spiritually draining job in retail.

Anywho im slowly but surely planning my first simple game to get me started and then just keep going and see what i can do.

Cheers
kroopster
Level 0

Skånerbotten Ltd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9885 on: November 20, 2016, 12:40:28 AM »

Hello,

my name is Valtteri, after over a decade in corporate IT I'm now running a small indie family company Skånerbotten Ltd with my wife in a tiny town of Kurikka in the western Finland. At the moment we are finalizing our first major project Constellation Distantia, which we call a spiritual descendant of Star Control 2. Our office manager is a french bulldog Reino, avid redditor and all around nice guy: Reino hard at work.

Thanks for reading,
Br, Valtteri

Entrepreneur and developer at Skånerbotten Ltd, a small indie studio from western Finland.
lalilulelo159
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9886 on: November 22, 2016, 06:15:21 AM »

Hi, greetings from Brazil!

Started on game development as a hobby just to get more experienced with programming logic, but never tried anything too complex or big in scope. Recently I've been dedicating more time with one game and maybe when I feel more confident with it, will start a devlog.

Been following these forums for a few months and found a lot of promissing projects and just wanted to give my feedback.
Legendre60
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9887 on: November 22, 2016, 11:07:26 AM »

Hello fellow developers,

I am Jon, my wife and I run a small indie studio out of Colorado, Aureus Studios.

In the past we have published a few small games on XBLIG, but for the last three years we have been working on a much bigger project, which I will introduce to you shortly.

I am a professional mobile games engineer by day. I love the classic shoot em up genre of games, as well as science fiction books and cinema.

RicoAlbe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9888 on: November 22, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »

Hi!

I'm Alberto, I do game design and art. I've been making games for a bit over three years now.

I try to make keep my studio afloat, I do other stuff, and I'm also a founder of a local community here at the south of Spain.

Oh! and this here is my face:

TEETH
Level 0

who the hell uses aim or msn anymore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9889 on: November 22, 2016, 01:36:33 PM »

Hello I'm TEETH and I'm a pixel artist and game developer. My favorite game is the Katamari series. If I'm not making games I'm playing them . I like games that focus on storylines and aesthetic and I'll play terrible games if the aesthetic is good enough. (My first Katamari game was the psp one and i loved it...)

0xCA5E
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9890 on: November 22, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »

Liero
Is Back

Yo, I'm Case or 0xCA5E.

My mission in life right now is resurrecting Liero from the dead, bringing this epic competitive multiplayer classic to Windows 10, and all major games consoles. Let me tell ya, playing Liero with a game pad really IS as fun as it sounds. After release, we'll once again be able to enjoy hours of bloody ninja worm pixel decimation, but this time, from your couch.

Liero classic gameplay:

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:49:57 AM by 0xCA5E » Logged
sanwayzar
Level 0

Game Director at Game-O-Gami

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9891 on: November 22, 2016, 02:59:34 PM »

Hey peeps, I'm David Sanhueza. I am a life-long gamer, a game designer, and an artist/animator. I have worked professionally in the game industry since 1998, at Turbine, Stainless Steel Studios (R.I.P.), Petroglyph Games, and various freelance projects. In addition to game dev and art, I also like travelling, teaching, and volunteer work, here in the USA and abroad.

A few years ago I left the AAA industry to start my indie games studio, Game-O-Gami. I have been designing, developing, and publishing board games, thanks to successfully funded Kickstarters. Now I'm working to transform these board and card games into digital versions for PC and mobile.

GAME-O-GAMI, making games with character: http://www.game-o-gami.com/

my Art Portfolio: http://www.sanhueza.com/

stuff I Tweet: https://twitter.com/gameogami

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 03:10:37 PM by sanwayzar » Logged

Pixelcomet
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9892 on: November 23, 2016, 01:35:01 AM »

Hi all!

We're Pixelcomet, developing a 2D action MMORPG called 'Land of Fire.' You might have seen our devlog we've been running for a while in the Devlog Forum, but we just realised we never formally introduced ourselves  Facepalm

We just released our very first teaser trailer, so we're hoping to get some feedback from the awesome community here on it! Check it out here:

Be sure to check out or devlog and we always want to hear your feedback!

Cheers  Beer!

cognitiveforge
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9893 on: November 23, 2016, 11:39:46 PM »

Hi artists, coders, musicians and other talented folks!

I'm Anthony Liew. I wear the hats of coder, project manager and financier in the Australian based indie studio Cognitive Forge. Here's a picture of some of us at PAX in 2015. It shows one of the pixel artists Jessica Turner alongside members from two groups we co-exhibited with and I'm the Asian guy:

How'd I end up in games?
  • First project: coding an escape the X in the labyrinth on the TI84+
  • First PC project: A clone of Mario with a level editor called "Mario Constructor". Which we've since taken down.
  • Did an undergraduate degree majoring in software systems (University of Melbourne)
  • Spent too long studying, recently doing a masters degree in Information Technology (University of Melbourne).
  • First commercial project: A physics precision app called Catapolt:

http://www.cognitiveforge.com/catapolt
    This project got good reviews but failed financially cause we didn't know how to market it Sad
  • Current commercial project: A creative strategy procedural roguelite platformer called "Aura of Worlds"
The Aura of Worlds project has been 3 years of part time work and inspired by the work of many in the genre that came before us particularly the talented Derek Yu. For example Spelunky, Rogue Legacy, TowerClimb, Vagante, Path to the Sky, The Dungeoning, Crystal Catacombs, Catacomb Kids, Cave Blazers are games in the subgenre that I have played through to completion.
Our game is very different in terms of mechanics and content. We focused on environmental manipulation and creative abilities over RPG stat booming.

We've had a very positive response from players at events such as PAX Australia 2015 and 2016.
Our main challenge to date is that not many people know the project exists yet.

Website and Press Kit:  http://auraofworlds.com
Trailer:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cognitiveforge
Greenlight page (half way there): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791971771

Thanks for reading and I look forward to joining you in this fine community!
rcastoro
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9894 on: November 24, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »

Is this formal? I didn't wear my formal clothes.

I'm Rocco Castoro, living and operating Ruckus Game Studios out of Florida. I have been fascinated with programming and video games since I was a teenager. I like all kinds of games, I don't consider myself a purist and am not a master on any genre like a lot of gamers. I just enjoy playing games.

I'm a software engineer / sql developer monkey for a small medicare software company (small startup) making software for a big health insurance plan during the day. I only started making games 2 years ago in my free time and find it to be challenging but the hardest part of game development for me, and I bet others are the same, is coming up with the ideas! A good idea is the most valuable asset in game development, programming and art that's the easy part.

I know a few languages and embarrassingly my current professional language is C#, but I learned OOP in C++ (and much more enjoy C++). I know a few web languages and am excellent with relational databases.

I'm currently working on Overflo Game for electronics, a 2D Platformer / Puzzle Adventure:

Enrik
Level 0

At the mountains the Dark Castle waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9895 on: November 25, 2016, 06:11:35 AM »

Hi all!

I'm a jack of all trades amateur game developer. I love to create any kind of art including music, drawing, and especially games.

I started creating games when I made my Risk table board game version with a cardboard and pieces of other games. Then I discovered something called Roleplay games (the pen and paper ones) so after my first game of Stars Wars I made my own game about the V series (yes, the one with the lizard ETs and Mike Donovan  Who, Me?).
When I had my first computer (an Amstrad CPC 6128) I learned some Basic language just reading the manual and I tried my first basic games.

I made a lot of games after that. Some of them on my calculator, other with cards. But some years ago, I discovered GameMaker. I started joining my love to games with my little knowledge in programming languages and I make some funny games with it. But never published one because they were never finished.

Later I discovered another wonderful program called Unity and I started to learn c# to be able to use it. I also made four “games” with unity but none of them where ever finished because I made it mostly for me.

And now here I am. I decided to try finish my first game and publish it. I joined the TIGSource to learn more about the indie game community and to have some feedback from other developers with more experience than me.

I have been working in my game for some time now, and it’s almost done (something I learned this years is that "almost done" when you’re making a game always mean still a lot of work to do). If you are interested in my game, there’s a free open alpha of Decknight at the Google Play Store.

And there's a Game Trailer too:

That’s all. I hope to learn a lot here. I can’t believe I never knew about this forum before…

See you!!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 07:00:31 AM by Enrik » Logged

kkairos
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9896 on: November 25, 2016, 10:29:16 PM »

Hi I'm KKairos.

I'm from the MegaZeux community, mainly.

The only thing most of you would know me from was Ruin Diver III, which got about 15 seconds of internet fame because of Auntie Pixelante, an RPS freeloader article and Freeindiegam.es.

I currently use mainly MZX, but I got GMStudio in a Humble Bundle so I might start posting if any of my projects prove worthy of Attempting in a "Real" format.

However, probably the main thing I'll be doing for now is actually posting when I think something in devlogs or the pixel art thread is awesome, instead of just silently lurking like I've been off and on for several years.

Samaras-Sama
Level 1

samy is my hero

View Profile
« Reply #9897 on: November 26, 2016, 10:27:05 PM »

Aloha and Mahalo, how are you readers?

My name is 24-bit. I'm a (24-bit) pixel artist and I'm a programmer.. but not a game developer though, just because I'm too busy. I'm here looking for hire for any pixel-art-ish projects. I'm not even a good artist, but I'm speedy and can get pixel art done quickly.

I'm not new. This is the second account I've created, my other account is Level 5. I want to use this spare account basically to request work and to share my art independently of my more leisured main account.

If you have the time, sit down with me and chat, you'll realize that there's a wealth of strange, unusual advice that I can give in many areas not just of game development, but of Computer Science in general.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:41:39 PM by 24-bit » Logged

Devlog<br /><br />[/
s_harriton
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9898 on: November 27, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »

Hey! My name is Steven Harriton. I'm a composer. I've always loved games and over the past couple months have been trying to transition my career from TV/Film composer into the gaming world. Back in 2009 I work with my dad on the music for Civilization 3: Call to power. But since then I haven't done any games. 

I find myself, with a huge awesome resume of music placements in the TV/Film industry, and no gigs for video games. Breaking into this market has been much harder than I thought. If you guys have any advice for me. I'm all ears. If there's dev's out there looking for someone like me. HERE I AM!  Well, hello there!

Here are some of my most recent credits:

Abc: Toy Box (Coming out in first quarter 2017)
American Idol
Dancing With The Stars
So You Think You Can Dance
V
Arrow
MTV Cribs
MTV Teen Cribs
MTV True Life
MTV Catfish The TV Show
MTV When I Was 17
MTV Made
MTV Moving In
MTV Tamra's OC Wedding
Top Gear
UFC
Beverly Hills 90210 2.0
A&E The Jackson Family Dynasty
A&E Teach (Tony Danza)
Kubrick remembered: Stanley Kubrick documentary
Smallville
Renault Automobiles
Peugeot Automobiles

Here are some links tp my tracks:

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/new-recruit

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/well-of-hope

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/northern-lights?in=stevenharriton/sets/electronic

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/humming-happiness?in=stevenharriton/sets/indie-rock

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/highest-heights?in=stevenharriton/sets/orchestra

https://soundcloud.com/stevenharriton/victory-story?in=stevenharriton/sets/orchestra

viruzzz-kun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9899 on: November 28, 2016, 06:55:56 AM »

Hello!

My name is Mikhael Mal'kov. I am a composer and all-in-one member of Between August and December. I've been making music for visual novels Everlasting Summer, Wintertale, platformer Leave Me Alone and various games by iichan eroge team. I prefer dark, gloomy, aggressive or atmospheric, spacey tunes rather than happy ones; prefer metal and electronics over orchestral (which I'm actually bad at). So, I'm searching Blink for projects, where it would be applicable.

You can hear my music at SoundCloud and Bandcamp.

I have come here to chew bubble gum and make music, and I'm all out of bubble gum. Evil

Between August and December, music production.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic