Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:27:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1941882 times)
papernoise
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9920 on: December 08, 2016, 02:31:06 AM »

Hello everybody!
I'm Hannes, a graphic designer from Italy, working mostly for manufactuers of audio equipment (http://www.papernoise.net) and of course I'm also a big indie game fame!
I've made some small games in the past (the graphics, not the coding), but they're too lousy to show them round here, plus they're really old.
As of lately I got back to making some chiptune-ish music, that some people say sounds a bit like a video game soundtrack (and I like that), here's my latest one: https://pokabjorn.bandcamp.com/releases
The reason why I am here, is because I am toying with the idea of getting a bit into games again. For now I'm more testing the ground and maybe seeing if somebody needs my help for some small project.
terenctb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9921 on: December 10, 2016, 09:50:21 PM »

'ello I'm Terence. I've been making games on a ZX-81 since I was kid. After working 8 odd years as a Systems Engineer, Network Programming and Project Managements, I started a game company that made an MMOG from scratch..this was before Unity and Epic was charging millions for their engine. I worked as a Producer on some PS2 and Gamebody/NDS games, started work on an independent PC game. So 20 odd years in the Games Industry but I mostly do freelance programming now with a side game project(that is taking forever to finish).

The games I worked on were Fung Wan Online(MMO), Backyard Base Ball, Honor and Money(unfinished), Last Call (iOS, prototype game). I've worked on other "gambling" titles for clients.

I am currently working on War Mongrel which a real-time mech squad combat game on tablets (https://www.facebook.com/augmentwars/
..in between jobs and while I learn Japanese/French and German while travelling to different countries...

Here is my mug:
Perequin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: December 12, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »

Hello!
My name is Erik. I've been working as an animator in the games industry for a bit over 9 years, primarily at EA DICE. I'm currently employed at a small studio called The Outsiders, working on a project we call Project Wight.
I'm mainly here because I'm doing some indie-development in Unity in my spare time, with the goal of releasing a game of my own in the future.
The games currently under my belt are: Mirror's Edge 1, Bad Company 2, Battlefield 1943, Battlefield 3 & 4, and my last released game was Mirror's Edge: Catalyst where I was the Animation Director.

I'm gonna try and get a DevLog of my game up and running one of these days, when I actually have something to show. Smiley
This really seems like a great community and I look forward to being a part of it!

Cheers!

Yannic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9923 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »

There we go, finally found the introduction thread. Anyway:

I'm (as the name might suggest) Yannic. I'm 19 at the time, 20 in a month and a half. I live in the Netherlands and I'm a media design student, with plans to start a bachelor's in film-making next year.

I've been game developing since I started playing Roblox in 2008, been using Unity since ~2013. So far in my career I've made a whopping $3 dollars.

I like cars. I like the 1970s. And currently I'm making a game about driving cars in the 1970s.

My favorite game is Driver (1999).
My favorite movie is Vanishing Point (1971).
My favorite color is orange (#FF8800).
I drink my tea with 3 cubes of sugar and without milk. I never drink coffee.

Hi! :D
SidiGames
« Reply #9924 on: December 13, 2016, 03:23:47 AM »

Hello one and all!

My name is Tom and I'm a game programmer. I've worked in the AAA games industry and have most recently turned my hand to finishing a project of my own making.

I hope to spend a lot of time in these forums meeting passionate players and developers!

Thanks
Neowedge
Level 0

Boom!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9925 on: December 13, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »

Hello everybody!!!

I am Miguel, and I am co-founder and programmer in Pancake Team, a new videogames studio based in Madrid. I have worked as game designer and product manager too in another Spanish small company, in which we have launched 2 games (for iOS and PS4 through Sony Spain PlayStation Talents program).

In Pancake Team we make mobile games. After develop and publish The Abyss, a puzzle game for iOS and Android, we are creating our second game: Wild West Street, a western town builder. We hope to can eat more than pasta and rice in a few months My Word!.

I am mainly PC and mobile gamer and some my favourite games are "Final Fantasy VII", "To The Moon", "Papers, please", "Braid", "FTL", "Dungeon of the Endless", "Clash Royale", "Hearthstone", "DOTA 2",... (uffff... I feel I left out a lot of games that I love xD).

Also, I love writing, jams and coffee. Especially coffee Grin.

I want to see your projects and share with us a DevLog in order to receive your feedback. I hope to learn a lot with us, and to help you in what ever way I can.

Cheers!!!! Coffee

Miguel López
Studio Head & Programmer
Pancake Team
papyrus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9926 on: December 14, 2016, 04:58:30 AM »

Ahoy everyone!

I'm a new comer, as you may have understand if your this.
I'm still a student currently learning stuff about management in video games and my specialty is gaaaaame design even I of course do level design, quest, world building, writting etc. I also code, many languages, but I'm actually working on Gamemaker and unity. (GameMaker is life btw)

Don't really know what to say about myself, I love a huge amount of stuff, and I try to learn anything I can.

My reason here, is the development of my brand new game called "La Reine Noire" (omfg a frenchie Shocked), I want to hold a devlog because I need to know if I do things right (I work alone on this, so I have to make everything), and I want tips, etc.
(and i also want to follow the works of my fellow)

Here I am!

Take a look at my yt channel if you want : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzHd3rF7OtcRl8nwjhn2TBg
daniel_franko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9927 on: December 14, 2016, 08:43:05 AM »

Hey, I'm Daniel. After years working in IT as a project manager and business analyst I decided to take some time off and work on something I would really enjoy. I'm close to publishing my first game. My bare site is here, hopefully I'll be able to update it soon with some relevant information.
Adriaan
Level 0

yoooo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9928 on: December 14, 2016, 09:16:26 AM »

Hello everyone!

I'm Adriaan de Jongh, game designer, best known for awkward games like Fingle and Bounden. I'm currently working on Hidden Folks, which I'm really excited for, hoping to share it with you all!

- Adriaan

- adriaan de jongh
larbacsilva
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9929 on: December 15, 2016, 07:13:15 AM »

Hi guys,

I'm Cabral and running a small company here in Brazil called QUByte (http://www.qubyteinteractive.com), I did my register here few months ago and just now I'm introducing myself, so apologies for that

So, I was working in IT as Lead Programmer and after 10 years I decided change few things in my career, so in 2008 I founded my own company and since 2008 we've released a lot of different games, between our own IPs and work-for-hire contracts. Currently we're working on an old-school beat'em up game (http://99vidasthegame.qubyteinteractive.com/), I will talk soon about this game here Wink and in 2017 we've more two games to be released for PC and consoles.

So this is it guys! I look forward to being a part of this community!
Cheers!
LunaticPixels
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9930 on: December 16, 2016, 04:57:08 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm Dani Garcia, from Lunatic Pixels, creators of Alchemic Jousts (http://store.steampowered.com/app/516890), which is releasing today on Steam and is also available for PS4.

We already had an account on tigsource, but we changed or studio name during the development, so I thought it was a good idea to update it here.
hyodelatorre
Level 0

@hyodelatorre

View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: December 16, 2016, 07:53:03 AM »

Hello there!

My name is Juan de la Torre, I'm co-founder, art director, game designer and bizdev at Team Gotham - a indie studio based in Madrid, Spain.

That's me talking to some guy at Reboot Develop 2014.

Here we are working in our small studio, being happy.

I define my self as a meticulous & detail-oriented artist and a film enthusiast. In fact, I'm not sure if I like videogames over movies or vicecersa... Just can't choose.

I've been doing games since university with the same people at Team Gotham but it wasn't until this year we released our first game on Steam with the help of 505 Games: The Guest - a gloomy adventure full of enigmas where the exploration of your surroundings comes to prominence; puzzles, secrets and riddles will help you discover who has locked you in this somber hotel room and most importantly, why. (yep, that'd be the pitch)

Besides some game jams and side projects, we are currently working on our next big thing Solo - a third person puzzle adventure game in which a sailor travels through a vast archipelago wondering about love experiences. I'll be sharing more details and updates soon here on tigForums (:

Aaaand.. That's pretty much it about me gamedev-wise. You can always find on Twitter using @hyodelatorre if you wanna chat or whatever :D

See you around!

kyrio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9932 on: December 17, 2016, 09:19:59 PM »

Hiya, I'm Kyrio. I don't have much under my belt other than a CS degree and a tiny puzzle game on android that cost more than it made! (which you can find here if you're interested)

I'm an artist that dabbles in programming, if your definition of 'dabble' means spent 5 years in college learning about it. I get a lot of ideas that never seem to pan out on my own, so maybe some friends who share my interests would be a good idea! Which is why I made this account.

and, I made this account 3 years ago apparently... so, off to a good start!
Ravenok
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9933 on: December 18, 2016, 07:17:55 AM »

Hi everyone!

Just Ravenok is fine Smiley
I'm a game developer forming a studio environment where I can make the games I always wanted to make.

I'm trained as a game artist/tech artist/game designer, with little to no programming experience but a basic understanding of logic and game systems. Right now I'm working on my first project, which is a remake of a great game, called The Neverhood.

I'm doing it on UE4 and I'm doing it all live on twitch, 5 days a week. We're starting week 3 now. Here's an image of the first level in engine:

My twitch channel
Youtube link with past content

Hope to see you in the stream sometime. Smiley

I make games on Twitch.
Twitch.tv/TheRavenok
Current project: Remaking The Neverhood on UE4.
Sneaky_Seal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9934 on: December 18, 2016, 11:51:04 AM »

Hi, everybody, my name is Konstantin, I am a community manager for an upcoming cRPG Ash of Gods.

I've always been a passionate gamer and this year my friends invited me to join them as a part of the Aurum Dust Studio. They have just got together this year, though they do have a good number of years and projects in the industry working for other companies.

I hope to be able to ask many questions about different aspects of the process of working on a game here and maybe share some of our ideas and findings.

Ash of Gods - a turn-based RPG featuring Roguelike storytelling and an extensive online PvP mode!
If you've missed our Kickstarter campaign, you can still support us and get your rewards here.
LP4ever
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9935 on: December 18, 2016, 06:38:48 PM »

Hello world! Coming to you live from Bermuda.

I'm LP4ever and I've been a gamer since the 90s. Some of my favorite PC games from back in the day include Populous, Bard's Tale, Wing Commander, Master of Orion, Monkey Island, and Commander Keen. More recently, I've been playing StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, AC4, Civilization 5 and any of the more popular ones.

I've recently started my own company, Bermuda Island Games (http://www.bermudaislandgames.com/index.php). We are focusing mainly on mobile games but may be open to porting later on.

Looking forward to learning from others in the industry and making some friends in the process.

Beer!
RubberMan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9936 on: December 19, 2016, 06:17:39 AM »

Imagine, a few years down the line searching Google for this very first post introducing Virtual Earth Online. I hope your vision looks as cool as mine  Who, Me? Cheesy

On the off chance this happens here are some other great "This day in history" facts.

1998: President Clinton impeached....... That cigar president Well, hello there! Well, hello there!

1941: Hitler takes command of the German army....... Who called that?  Shrug Shrug

1997: Titanic sails in to theaters...... We all went with a girl to see this, right?  Embarrassed Embarrassed

I'm not the brains behind VEO, he (Kyle) is too busy putting the finishing code together or so he tells me. I'm thinking investment money and whisky bottle  Mock Anger

I look forward to your input, suggestions and general banter over the coming months and years. My very best wishes to you all.

"Health, Wealth, Happiness and Love" ... and the abundance of all four!  Beer!

Developer of Virtual Earth Online and Orc Island
www.orcisland.com
www.virtualearthonline.com
SekizouAyu
« Reply #9937 on: December 19, 2016, 10:38:39 AM »

Hello, I'm Sekizou Ayu.

I like Adventure/RPG/Action games. I've played a quite a number of those.

I'm making a one myself.

I like when a character jumps almost exactly when a button is pressed. There might be a tiny delay, thats fine.

I don't know how to end this.

Bye.
MrSkeletal
Level 0

2spooky5me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9938 on: December 19, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »

I just wanna make games, that's all.

I just wanna make games, that is all.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: December 19, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »

I just wanna make games, that's all.

It bothers me slightly that, at the time of writing this, your signature is different from this message.

Hello, I'm Sekizou Ayu.

I like Adventure/RPG/Action games. I've played a quite a number of those.

I'm making a one myself.

I like when a character jumps almost exactly when a button is pressed. There might be a tiny delay, thats fine.

I don't know how to end this.

Bye.

Don't worry, no one really knows how to end posts.

:^)

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic