Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:23:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1943046 times)
defrobo
« Reply #9940 on: December 20, 2016, 05:43:44 AM »

Hey everyone,

I'm Dan, I found out about this community from some game dev chatter on Twitter. I would like to make my own games some day, but for now I'm busy practicing my pixel art skills on the #pixel_dailies tag on Twitter.

I've been gaming for a long time (I'm probably older than you), but I have a pretty eclectic mix of favorites. Super Mario, 16-bit Sega, Street Fighter, Capcom arcades, Simcity, JRPGs, Civilization, Tycoon games, Factorio, are just some of the things I've been obsessed about one time or another.

I want to keep up to date with new games and dev projects, so I thought reading TIG Forums would be a good idea. Cheers!
galoomojo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: December 20, 2016, 01:13:43 PM »

Hey I'm Mojo
I'm currently making a game by myself.
making games is hard
sergey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:44 PM »

Hi! My name is Sergey. I'm a software engineer and I like to make computer games!
Silverstar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: December 21, 2016, 01:40:36 PM »

hi all, I would like to introduce myself Smiley

The first game I saw, I think was Pacman, the room was dark and my friend had a good setup. My mind was blown.

At the moment I am working on game project, will post more about it on forum.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:35:06 PM by Silverstar » Logged
Nitorin
« Reply #9944 on: December 21, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »

Hey, hi. My actual name is Felicia, but I like my nickname up here. It's what I use on steam, anyway.

I'm Brazilian, 23 years old, and I'm more of a board game girl, and I'm developing a tapletop RPG at the moment. I know these are hard to make and the brazilian market is kinda over saturated with those, but it is what I want to make regardless.

I am also a blogger. My blog is called Felicia's Gaming Diary, and in there I write about game design and transgender issues. But since I only blog in portuguese I think that's kind of irrelevant. Probably.

I decided to get into game development not too long ago when I played Depression Quest by Zoe Quinn and The Cat Lady by Remigiusz Michalski and I felt like "I can actually make games like this? With those kinds of stories?" And when I started getting in my town's tabletop community, everything came to place.

And uh... Besides that, I'm an amateur writer of romance and poetry.

Anyway, I hope to be welcome here and to learn more about the ins and outs of indie development.
josemp
Level 0

Hatching funny games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9945 on: December 22, 2016, 07:32:18 AM »

Hello people! I'm a game developer at TMO Games, a 2 people team (sometimes more), we started doing web-flash games, and now we are doing mobile and desktop games. I use to work with C++ and JS (cocos2d-x), but now I'm doing the transition to Godot Engine.
PVD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: December 22, 2016, 07:43:29 AM »

Hi there,
I'm Victor, 21 years old programmer and young game indie developer.

My story have started from writing first lines of codes which were drawing big red balloons on Turbo Pascal, then I have realized than those balloons can move and so I have been involved into game development and wrote my first tanks on Pascal. Then time were passing and I have to found something more powerful I decided to use more complicated form of Pascal - Object Pascal, so that's how I started using Delphi 7. Dozen of uncompleted game engines, tanks, custom game launchers enriched my game experience and finally I have moved further.

3D was also always a place of some interest for me, so I had to find some 3D editing environment, for that time I knew only Max and Blender, Max was looking so complicated, and Blender was looking so cheap(price), so I have choosed the second one. By moving first vertices and making triangles from them I have get my first experience of making 3D graphics, then, after some time I have discovered top secret information, you will not believe, but Blender has it's own Engine called BGE (oh, god, BGE...)

So another part of my journey have started. What can be more wonderful than moving suzanne with two bricks? Sure, nothing. Create game with no single line of code! So while creating extra heavy complicated logic bricks systems I have successfully completed another portion of abandoned tanks and another arcades. Than I have thought "Maybe I'm doing something wrong?" and I have started digging into the Python and BGE API. Result was unbelievable - lots of unfinished mmo like games.

Time have passing, I became older and went to the university. There some big daddies said me that I have to start learning C/C++, so I have started. First steps were hard but I accommodated and started loving C++ and it's pointers. Then a high level language came - C#, and by using it I thought about that it would be wonderful to find engine which API supports C#, and sure, you will never guess what I have found.

That's how I have started using Unity. First steps were not so easy but in general I was having a lot of fun while creating different tech demos, understanding strange logic in API, fighting mysterious forgotten beasts bugs. Glad to the previous experience, I haven't starting creating another portion of unfinished mmos, sure lots of abandoned projects came from my AAA game development studio, but not such much mood and time were lost. losing is fun

So, here I am as I is. A young developer who is using Unity and trying to create some small interesting finished and polished games in order to achieve something in this life.
HotSpaghetti
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9947 on: December 22, 2016, 08:00:35 PM »

Hi all,
We are a small indie Studio from Melbourne Australia, We are made up of 2 brothers we started HotSpaghetti about 2 and a half years ago and both have a passion for all things games.

AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9948 on: December 23, 2016, 03:54:42 AM »

Hi everyone!

Just Ravenok is fine Smiley
I'm a game developer forming a studio environment where I can make the games I always wanted to make.

I'm trained as a game artist/tech artist/game designer, with little to no programming experience but a basic understanding of logic and game systems. Right now I'm working on my first project, which is a remake of a great game, called The Neverhood.

I'm doing it on UE4 and I'm doing it all live on twitch, 5 days a week. We're starting week 3 now. Here's an image of the first level in engine:

My twitch channel
Youtube link with past content

Hope to see you in the stream sometime. Smiley

That is awesome!!!!  After many years I found this game at the back of a drawer and played it with my kids.  It was great fun, but it had aged visually.  This is so cool.

indieCatapult
Level 0

I explain games to people.

View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: December 23, 2016, 04:55:24 AM »

Hi there all!

My name is Steve Filby and I'm a marketer. Now that we've got that out of the way i'm also a gamer, skydiver, surfer, fan of too much cheese and francophone (even though I'm Australian). I live in Bordeaux, France and I'm currently doing the communication for two games. One of them is for the company that I used to work for, Motion Twin and the other is for the other studio that shares our office space, Shiro Games.

I'm getting started on here because, well it's time. I've been trying to convince the guys how important it is to be part of the gaming community and to share our enthusiasm and ideas, but then I've not really been leading by example, because at the end of the day i'm probably happier just hanging out and reading than actually getting involved. There's definitely less risk in reading. Probably seems weird for a guy who has to communicate for a living, but I've always loved books and games more than parties and social events.

Anywho. My avatar is me riding a kangaroo. So I've got that going for me which is nice.

kingdombunniez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: December 23, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »

Hey, new here as well Smiley

I am gamer, anime and cats/ kittens geek Smiley I mean I love cats. Besides that I love food. Also an indie games dev and noob let's player on YT.

I also play poker sometimes (for fun) and like to post random memes. I also have start to blog about games and indie games in general :D

eligt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: December 23, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »

Hey tigsters, lurking around the forums, looking at all the cool stuff you guys are up to, planning on eventually showing off some of my own work too. I've published a small game already on Android and PC and I'm working on my second game right now, but I feel it's too simple/stupid to justify a whole devlog on the site. I'll probably start one for my third game though, once I get to it, assuming it's gonna be more interesting/involved in terms of development.

Hexlide, a Rubik's Cube inspired casual puzzle game with a beautiful, relaxing soundtrack!
Mclrn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: December 24, 2016, 11:52:28 AM »

Hiii
I'm Austin better known as Mclrn online(pronounced Mclaren).Im a relatively young indie game developer(16 yrs old Wink) who is shit at social interaction so i take my frustrations out on lines of c sharp,i develop simple 2d android games that only my brother and cousin ever play Tongue Tongue Tongue.Apart from game dev i love watching series and drawing portraits.And.... thats about it considering my life is pretty uneventful Cry Cry :
setz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9953 on: December 25, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »

Heya, I'm setz. I've made a few games already, looking to talk to people who care about gamedev to hopefully have my next one get played. I do art/code, recently started learning music, musics a bit hard. Trying to learn marketing, marketing is really hard.

My current project is a bump-combat game called Dirty Bumper

NightwareGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: December 25, 2016, 01:12:48 PM »

Hello! My name is federico and i'm from italy. I work with my friend Christian, we're 17 years old. We develop since 1 year and we use unity. We really like pixel art and for now we deveolp for androids only. We're always happy to see how people play our game, and we always love to share each "develop story" etc.
We have developed 2 games for now :D
midoredomi
Level 0

Uhh

View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: December 26, 2016, 09:16:29 AM »

Hello! I'm supposed to be a second-year computer science student, but due to some moving complications I'm a first-year taking up IT. I'm fluent in C and c++, not so much in lua and python, taking up java this semester. I happen to not suck so much at creating musical pieces(digitally), I still suck a lot at pixel art and other art that isn't doodles on my notes, and I've started writing a barebones framework over Allegro5 Shrug  which I'm in the process of rewriting in c++

I have attempted to write a few games on my own, but due to my skills which are overly disproportional to my standards, I've ended up scrapping each and every one   Sad

also long-time anon lurker here  Ninja
Mahn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: December 26, 2016, 05:31:44 PM »

Hey, so, I've been lurking around here for some time, finally decided to take the plunge Smiley As a teenager I was your typical nerd that would spend half his time on videogames, the other half tinkering and taking things apart. Eventually I ended up getting a job in the games industry, but almost a decade later, it doesn't quite feel like teenager me thought making games would be like. So I'd like to go back to just making games for the sake of making them, eventually. For now I'm happy to just be part of this community Smiley
RoXSaida
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: December 27, 2016, 07:53:27 AM »

Hello, i'm a beginner I touch little to everything like pixel art, music, coding i hope that I would learn full of things here and that's it not much to say about me  Shrug (Sorry for my bad english i'm french).
MyrkviATM
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9958 on: December 29, 2016, 12:54:49 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is José Moreno, founder and writer of Myrkvi.

Nowadays, the project cannot be considered to be done by a team itself.  Since I have been working alone, except for some collaborations of my wife.

I love writing and designing. That has made me writing several books, shooting some short movies and sketching some comics.

In this moment of my life I have felt the need of mixing everything up and start creating a video game: Myrkvi.

Everything started by writing the story in 2014, after that I designed the style. Then everything took shape and I put it all together to create Myrkvi.

It took me two years of my life and it still need a lot of work to be done, but it worth it, and I hope everyone thinks the same.

Myrkvi. Ancient Times Memories - 3D Tabletop RPG
Twitter
IndieGage
Level 0

is that a video game over there?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9959 on: December 29, 2016, 10:11:52 PM »

Huoy, finally decided to start participating in the indie community more. I've been working on my game Nongon for over a year now and am finally starting to make the push toward the finish line, with a Kickstarter coming up. I've been making games in school for the past 5 years while working on my own personal projects on the side. I'll be graduating uni soon, and hope to come out of the gates able to make it as a solo indie dev.

I focus on creating 3D games with low poly art, and draw my inspiration for all sorts of genres for a variety of console generations, one of my favorite games being Jet Moto for the PSX. I'm fairly introverted, so I hope I can keep up communication around here.

Currently working on bullet hell platformer Shred Metal Neon

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic