Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:57:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 601
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1954123 times)
Pawl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9960 on: December 30, 2016, 03:40:57 PM »

Hi TIG!

I'm an aspiring indie developer with experience working as a software engineer at larger social gaming companies in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've since branched off to start my own thing.

Looking forward to interacting with all of you and getting more involved with the tigsource community!

Paul

evry.one
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: December 30, 2016, 05:59:19 PM »

Hello creative people!

I'm Nikolaj or Staus or Evry.one (the last one is my companys name)
I'm quite new in game development, but have been doing creative coding for some years.
For little over a year I've been working in VR, having completed some big promotional VR projects for a few clients.
For the past... eh, week, .... I've been working on a personal game, which has let me here as I'm considering sharing my process on it somewhere. Hell, if it becomes what I have in mind you guys might even enjoy reading about it Wink

Happy New Year!
Omega
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: December 31, 2016, 03:33:16 PM »

My name is Omega,

I'm a professional developer by day, and a hobbyist game developer by night. I got into games when I was 14 and discovered an open source online rpg engine called ORE. I learned to code while trying to add new features to ORE. My favorite stack for making games is C#, MonoGame, PyxelEdit, and Tiled.

Though I've been trying for years, I've never actually released any game anywhere. I'm hoping to change that this year finally.  I'm a novice at pixel art, but I've been slowly getting better through practice and failed game projects (lol). I've been lurking around TIG for years now, but today is the first day I've had an account.

Arrowbasse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: January 01, 2017, 09:26:12 AM »

My name is Stefan Tincescu
I am a 2nd year college student and I enjoy programming games.
These are a part of my games I made: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkwM3ckSsmFtGUcugPuSgP1hlYwJvN0OE
Rocky
« Reply #9964 on: January 02, 2017, 12:24:22 AM »

I am Rocky (Or Asteroid2000)
I make games (and music) for fun.
I really like to make games (and music).

Thanks for reading! Grin
monk.io
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: January 02, 2017, 05:04:40 PM »

Hey everyone!

I'm a software engineer with programming/musical indie dev aspirations. Musically I find myself lacking in the portfolio department, so I'm joining this forum with hopes to fix that.

<3
islandTropicalman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: January 02, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »

I am IslandTropicalMan and I am a html5, Java and Android game developer. This year I will develop android game and desktop game!

Duninn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: January 02, 2017, 07:53:38 PM »

Hey everyone, novice Designer and Writer here. Been hitting the ground running hard, trying to get deep into learning and exploring the possibilities. I have several games I am working on to write for (my own), as well as trying to gain some experience by aiding others. Basically right now I am focusing on writing and learning unity, as I don't have much ability towards actually coding.

Nice to meet ya!
Le Chant du cygne
Level 0

French independent game collective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9968 on: January 03, 2017, 02:08:19 AM »

Hi everyone,

We are Le Chant du cygne, a french game collective from Lille and Paris. We have been making games together for almost two years now. Our current project is Havre, a first person climatic exploration game set in a vast cylindrical world.

While it was our very first video game project together we ended up creating Palimpseste first, an alternative controller type of game that we showed around at GDC in San Francisco, at Now Play This in the UK, Screenshake in Belgium and many other events.

We are actually three persons behind Le Chant du cygne: Gaël, Romain and Simon. We all spend a good amount of our time on programming but each of us handles more specific tasks on graphics, audio or gameplay.

Oh and we are also avid Ludum Dare participants Smiley.

Le Chant du cygne
French independent game collective
http://www.lechantducygne.com
https://twitter.com/LeChantduCygne
maiscrudo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: January 03, 2017, 03:18:43 AM »

Hi!
I'm Troy McClure.
You might remember me from games such Wings of Heroes or Waste in Space.. or maybe not. Smiley

Jokes apart, I'm Marco from Moony Baboon, an indie gamedev team based in Italy.
We're just two guys, I'm the coder and my brother Simone is the artist.

I'm a professional developer 3 days a week, and a game developer the rest of the time.
I've always loved computer games and started playing them on my c16 when I was about 5, then all the way through c64, pc and a couple of consoles.
Grewing up my dream has always been to create a game of my own, and I tried to do that pretty soon, at twelve with dos basic, but failed miserably.
Many years later, in 2012, following an injury to my shoulder, I decided I should give it a second chance and started developing "Wings of Heroes" in my spare time, with some help from my brother.
It started as a small game and then it took two full years, but in November 2014 I released it and it felt like a dream come true.

Then we deciced to take the gamedev thing more seriously and we tried to make a game that could make more sense business-wise: that was "Waste in Space".
We developed that in 6 months and released it in February 2015, but it didn't had the success we hoped.

Now we are working on Trigono, a game that could be summarized as the love child of a three-some between Super-Hot, Asteroids and Particle Mace... with some rogue-like elements.
It's 5 full months we're working on it and it's starting to come along nicely, after a slow start.
I guess I'll create a devlog for it.

That's about it.
Thanks if you read until the end! Smiley

Marco
www.moonybaboon.com

Moony Baboon | @maiscrudo
Released games: Wings of Heroes | Waste in Space
Currently developing Trigono
itsamemario
« Reply #9970 on: January 03, 2017, 05:24:07 AM »

Good day there Gentleman

I'm Mario Marquardt, living in the north of the UK where I'm making games with a big company and when I don't do that I make games on my own.
My current project is a UDK thing called Figure 8 and it looks something like this:

I think it's best described as an interactive short story.

There's going to be more about this project, including a download link and so on soon in various places on the net (like my portfolio web thingy: www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com)
tyzoone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: January 04, 2017, 08:02:06 PM »

Hey guys!

It's been a while and I couldn't remember if I'd introduced myself on this thread yet. Been eyeballing this here forum for a little while now . A little about myself, I've been an artist in the game and film industries for several years now and have always wanted to sink my teeth into a good ol ambitious game of my own with my programmer friend Alan the Aussie. That being said I'm here to glean knowledge from all game makers who venture here and am excited to be one a the gang.

Have a look at http://www.thekoncepts.com for kicks if'n ye feel so inclined.

Happy artin!

-Tyson
DevMatt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: January 05, 2017, 04:59:54 AM »

Why hello there!
I'm not sure that somebody will EVER see this, but still...

My name is Mattia (yes Italian, you can just call me Matt if you prefer) and I'm a novice game designer. I'm currently working on my first "big" project, hoping it will see the light sooner or later. I'm kinda overwhelmed by the school (engineering is damn HARD) and by a lot of thoughts, like "Will I ever be successful in game development?" and similar... if I knew that this has an affirmative answer, I wouldn't think twice and quit school. But well, that's life! Someday I'll know the answer by myself.

Anyway, I'll stop with the boring part.

I got many hobbies: I'm not only (and obviously) a great fan of videogames (more or less I tend to play everything, but I think that my favourite genre, and also the one that influenced me the most, is J-RPG). I also love listening and playing music, watching films and tv series, and go out somewhere to take photos with my reflex!

I believe that humans are creative beings, and must do everything to overtake limits to their sense of creativity.
That sounds like a philosopher's quote  Cheesy

That's all from me!
stidsholt
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: January 05, 2017, 06:53:00 AM »

Hey everyone. Thought I’d introduce myself before starting a Dev Log. I’m Stidsholt, and I’ll write on behalf of myself and my colleagues in Flashbulb Games. We’re working hard on creating our upcoming game, and I will document all the stuff we’re struggling with - our successes and failures and all the design issues we are arguing about.
Niften
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: January 05, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »

Hey guys!

My name is Niften and I like making games in my free time.
I first started programming when I was 9 years old and am currently working on my master's degree in computer science. Favorite games include Kerbal Space Program, Mass Effect, Skyrim, Civ and Factorio (you should really check that last one out, it's great!).

Now, let's see a few screenshots from my past developments!

My first "real" game: Building dynamic stuff in a procedurally generated world:

I really like the setting of this one: Exploring procedurally generated caves and fighting evil bats:

Now, one of my more recent attempts: Medieval real time strategy game, but from first person perspective:

I never published any of those games unfortunately, but I'm looking forward to change that with the next ones.
Have a nice day!

- Niften
colossalwreck
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9975 on: January 05, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »

I am a wannabe game developer. Noir

That's all.
AaronB
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9976 on: January 06, 2017, 01:04:04 AM »

I really like the setting of this one: Exploring procedurally generated caves and fighting evil bats:

I'm intrigued.  Would love to see a bit more of the procedural cavern.

Niften
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9977 on: January 06, 2017, 04:46:42 AM »

I'm intrigued.  Would love to see a bit more of the procedural cavern.

Thanks. It's been a few years, so I don't remember it completely, but the basic generation was like this:

The complete cave world consists of a 3d grid with discrete coordinates. There is one function in my code which basically returns a boolean true or false wether a position is "filled" (with stone) or open. This is used by a marching cubes algorithm to generate the mesh.

The "isFilled(x,y,z)" function looks more or less like this:
  • For different z coordinates, generate Riged Multifractal Noise for the cavern's corridors (in 2D)
  • Those 2D of corridors are converted into 3D layers and stacked on top of each other
  • Add some 3d Perlin Noise
  • Generate a few "big halls", which are huge open spaces in x, y or z direction. I find these make the cave much more interesting

There is some more code to create blue magic crytals and stuff, but this is the main algorithm.
The challenge wasn't really so much to create a 3D cave itself, but rather to create a 3D cave in which the player can walk around comfortably.

If you like to know more, I can create a more detailed writeup, but I'd rather do that in a different thread to not derail this one  Smiley
I can also share the source code and the game, if people are interested in this stuff.

Finally, here is little gif of me exploring one of the huge open spaces with the flare gun:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:00:13 AM by Niften » Logged
Keithson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: January 06, 2017, 07:24:53 AM »

Hi everyone!

My name's Connor and I live in London. So I was studying a Music Technology degree (which I ended up dropping out of, because of reasons) and had to do a bit of programming for an assignment, and I loved it. I've been into it ever since, although I'm still pretty much a novice, I'm enjoying learning as much as I can.
Trying to basically teach myself, well everything really. Basic pixel art using photoshop, programming physics etc (in Gamemaker and learning C++), even having a go at making music for videogames using Reason.

Currently working on my first game idea using GameMaker, which is a sort of rotational orbity-rhythmy-enemy avoidance thing, sort of super hexagon... without the hexagons, which is going slow as hell. I work full time and have a 4 year old son, so my free time is VERY limited, but I'm plugging away.
Hoping to have a playable prototype done in a week or two, might even upload it here somewhere!

HypnoPig
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: January 06, 2017, 02:52:16 PM »

Hi Guys,

I'm David and I like games!

I started learning to make games a couple of years ago and taught myself in my spare time. Since then, it has taken me a long time to release my first game for iOS and Android.

It is called Blocky Bee and is an endless game with procedurally generated levels.

I went for an easy retro design as I am not good at art, and it fits well with the deconstructable world the game is set in.

You have to survive as long as possible without getting the Bee too hot or cold by crashing through hot and cold flowers.
But at the same time, you have to defeat the birds which are chasing you. So it is a bit of a puzzle game under pressure as you have to choose carefully your route so that you kill the birds also by matching their colours to the flowers and leading them through the matching colours.

You can also unlock a whole array of different bee characters. Some you will probably recognise  Smiley

I can't wait to make more games if this one gets a decent number of downloads.

Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 601
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic