Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:43:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWritingGamebook Snippet Feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gamebook Snippet Feedback  (Read 1197 times)
Dewfreak83
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2014, 02:28:50 PM »

I hoped I might draw the attention of some avid writers to gauge my writing style and direction for my gamebook.

There are several settings that can be selected by the player - which randomizes parts of the main story line to help with replay-ability. This setting is war-centric:

Six races settled the land of Argoria, and it seemed that was five too many. War has been raging on between each race for nearly twenty years. For some, they continue to fight out of pride while others fight for greed. As soon as the men came of age they were shipped off to the front lines, more often than not - never to return home.

So it was not uncommon to see nothing but women, children, and the elderly left fending for themselves in each of the townships. Unfortunately, it was not only the six races that bred trouble in Argoria, of which was met with little resistance in each of the feeble communities.

Goblins raided villages, bandits owned the roads, and creatures of the night roamed unchecked. After years of being pillaged and ravaged by the wilds, the elders from each of the six races agreed to form the Heroes Guard: an order sworn to protect all the townships within Argoria.

This is my story.

This is how I became part of the Heroes Guard, a glimpse of the wonders I saw... and the tragedies I bore witness to.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic