Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411494 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58434 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 12:36:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHousewarming - 4v4 Tactical Home Invasion
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Housewarming - 4v4 Tactical Home Invasion  (Read 1025 times)
takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2014, 07:40:33 PM »

Hello!
HOUSEWARMING
Introduction
I've begun work on my first game, a tactical 4v4 game in which a procedurally generated 2D house is presented to the players, 4 inside, the Occupant team, and 4 outside, the Invader team. The Occupant team is given a wide selection of traps, the Invader team a wide selection of offensive weapons.

I hope planning to be essential to successfully pull off a perfect invasion, with lots of items, buffs and unlocks to be found as the game continues.

Please give feedback on how the art looks, I hope I'll be able to update often!

Edited from last time, the first prototype of the house that'll be release 1!
Release 1 will not be procedurally generated. My main aim first, is to get mechanics sorted, movement and gunplay are key.

A new shoot animation I added in! I have to tweak it a bit then implement damage. Thanks to the GifCam software recommended, I can show you movement I've implemented!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:48:27 PM by rbargholz » Logged

Dungeon Chef - Play as a towns-person by day and help your town recover from a storm, fight monsters by night!
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 07:48:56 PM »

Considering you're showcasing pixel art, it might be a good idea to capture this scene as a .png, not .jpeg.

takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:52:28 PM »

Thankyou!! I've reuploaded a .png version to show it off.

Dungeon Chef - Play as a towns-person by day and help your town recover from a storm, fight monsters by night!
takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »

A quick mockup in engine as to what a part of a house could look like inside, including basement level tileset.

takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:57 PM »

My plan is for r001 to not include procedural generation, instead creating a single house to test my mechanics and get platoforming, as a prototype.

takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 03:30:33 AM »

Here we are fellas! It looks a little empty, but it's the first release's house prototype. I need to start engineering door switches to access all the different parts of the house, but there are 7 possible entry points for the Invaders I see~

Let me know how you think I could improve it!

~Aru

PXLForce
Level 0

I don't really know what I'm doing.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 04:58:10 AM »

This sounds like a lot of fun! Really like the art! One question, what are the red outlines on some of the objects, like the tables and lights. Do those represent interactables?

Looking forward to seeing more progress! :D

takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 05:12:58 AM »

Thanks for the response, man! I'm trying to use the same technique that Metroid games did to show the difference between the background and the foreground.

However, these items are interactable, one particular trap the Occupant team can set is shotgun shells fitted to a light fittings, dealing AoE damage when an Invader runs underneath it.

PXLForce
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 05:24:28 AM »

Thanks for the response, man! I'm trying to use the same technique that Metroid games did to show the difference between the background and the foreground.

However, these items are interactable, one particular trap the Occupant team can set is shotgun shells fitted to a light fittings, dealing AoE damage when an Invader runs underneath it.

Ok, that makes sense. That sounds like an interesting trap! Will the Occupants have weapons to defend themselves with as a last resort, or will they have to rely solely on traps?
takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 05:26:39 AM »

Ok, that makes sense. That sounds like an interesting trap! Will the Occupants have weapons to defend themselves with as a last resort, or will they have to rely solely on traps?

I think it'll be necessary, definitely! I'd like the focus to be on defensive and offensive teams, but with enough room for poeple to be creative in the way they invade/hold out.

Weapons for the Occupant team is an interesting thought~

Monthral
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »

i really like the look of this game and i think it would be very fun :D i wanna see more!! Grin
takadai
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 02:48:24 PM »

Thanks for your support! I hope it can live up to your expectations haha.

Gunshot animation has been added, but I don't know how to show you guys through gifs. I'll work on getting that soon.

PXLForce
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »

Thanks for your support! I hope it can live up to your expectations haha.

Gunshot animation has been added, but I don't know how to show you guys through gifs. I'll work on getting that soon.

If you need GIF capturing software, try out GifCam. It's really simple, just resize the window to fit your game, click the "Rec" button and then save it. Let me know if you need any help with it! Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic