Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:17:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDimension Drive
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Dimension Drive  (Read 4859 times)
stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 11:53:29 AM »

Some info on how we plan to mix the story and the gameplay:

Dimension Drive is going to be a story-driven game and we've showed some of the early material that will go into telling Jack's adventures. We don't want to have the gameplay parts totally separate from the story. We want them to mix and intertwine and we have lots of ideas for that to happen. Today, we want to talk you about one of these ideas. Enter the Data Cubes!

Data Cubes are collectible items that you'll find in the levels in the form of pickups. They'll be located in hard to pick locations, so you better sharpen your teleportation skills if you want to get them!

You may be wondering how are these connected to the story and what is that map above, right? Data Cubes will give you extra pieces of story and background lore of Dimension Drive. They will range from images of certain game locations, to explanations on some of the technologies or races in the game. For example, want to know more about Jack's dual blasters and how do they work? Look here:

"Jack's dual blasters are based on the Vain military pistol. However, they have been heavily modified by VERA to work in conjunction with the Drive core in The Manticore. No need to carry any kind of ammo packs, these blasters harness the energy directly from the Drive core through a dimension portal. This allows Jack to fire them at will no matter how far she is from her ship. As long as The Manticore keeps the Drive core up and running, Jack can keep up the shooting making her a formidable foe."

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 05:51:11 AM »

Stilghar, omg man just saw the article come up on Kotaku that's some next level troll dude, i'm so sorry for you guys! but on the bright side you are now on kotaku .. maybe set up a paypal on your site because i'm pretty sure you're going to get a spike in traffic from that post

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
mzn528
Level 2

Dark Souls, Berserk and Vagabond Ultimate Fanboy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »

Stilghar, omg man just saw the article come up on Kotaku that's some next level troll dude, i'm so sorry for you guys! but on the bright side you are now on kotaku .. maybe set up a paypal on your site because i'm pretty sure you're going to get a spike in traffic from that post

I googled it. God that Jonathan person is an asshole.

You guys did a great job though, stay strong and let karma plays its game.

Noob Game Dev and Pixel Artist, twitter @mzn528

Soul Appeaser, a combat focused story rich ARPG
DevLog
guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 08:19:36 AM »

I read about that too, I hope that dude gets punished somehow.  Angry xier's idea is great, you should take advantage of this popularity boost you now have. In the end, you will be fine, I bet most people who backed you before will do it again, in fact, it would be good to relaunch your campaign ASAP, now that this event is still fresh in everyone's mind...

xier
Level 1

Totes mah goats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »

yea exactly, you might feel defeated and ruined but take this as a golden opportunity and make the best of it. news of your game just spread across the internet on one of the biggest industry sites. don't let that press go to waste guys

Currently working on: www.dragonoflegends.com
Feel like connecting? {Twitter}{Facebook}
stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 04:42:04 AM »

I googled it. God that Jonathan person is an asshole.

You guys did a great job though, stay strong and let karma plays its game.

I read about that too, I hope that dude gets punished somehow.  Angry xier's idea is great, you should take advantage of this popularity boost you now have. In the end, you will be fine, I bet most people who backed you before will do it again, in fact, it would be good to relaunch your campaign ASAP, now that this event is still fresh in everyone's mind...

yea exactly, you might feel defeated and ruined but take this as a golden opportunity and make the best of it. news of your game just spread across the internet on one of the biggest industry sites. don't let that press go to waste guys

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys. I apologize for being disconnected here. After all the troll debacle I had to take some time off the internet.

Thankfully as you may know thanks to all the awesome people that decided to help us we made it in the second round. We are now happily developing the game in full production mode. I will keep this post more updated from now on.

stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2015, 04:51:39 AM »

Short summary of the progress since the last update:

- Art assets for the boss of world 1 (see pic above)
- Art assets for level 1-4
- Game icon
- Statistics menu design
- Game now supports other resolutions (besides 16:9 AR)
- Boss 1 design
- Added tons of detail to the story and characters
- Action list system for enemies
- Boss 1 coding
- Level 1-4 level design
- 70+ new sound effects
- Music track for boss 1
- Player speed adjusted (-30%) for tighter control
- Steam integration ( first steps )
- New enemy ( Ashajul Tracker )

You can check all of this in the last public Alpha (build 651) ready for download. Feedback is more than welcome  Smiley

We are currently working on some parts of the story, improving the general feedback and juice of the game and more levels. An example of a work in progress intro for level 1-2:

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 05:06:34 AM »

Looks great. Love the colourful graphics. Im looking forward to trying the alpha later.

stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 02:25:22 PM »

New alpha build.

Get it here:

ALPHA BUILD 0.6.5.9 CHANGELOG

New:

Story Cut-scene level 1-2
Story Cut-scene level 1-3
Story Cut-scene level 1-4
Localization to Spanish (press 2 in keyboard, 1 goes back to English)
Localization to Japanese (press 3 in keyboard, 1 goes back to English)
Mission report scene
Ashajul Tracker enemy
Level 1-4
Level Checkpoint shown after crossing it
Data cube pickups

Updates:

Player speed adjusted (-30%) for tighter control
Enemy turrets art updated
Shield pickup art
Power-up pickup art
More awesome

Fixes:

Solved issue "Music filter is not disabled after Pause"
Solved issue "Level results screen only works in Full HD"
Solved issue "End level menu, when dying is not localized"

Known issues:

Story cut-scenes do not play after finishing one level. They only play when the level selected from menu screen.
Heatwave effect not working on Mac/Linux
Build crashes on certain Slackware Linux distros
Resolutions that are not 16:9 not working

As usual, we will be extra grateful if you could give us some feedback about it.

stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »

A new idea for our loading screens.

The Manticore doing a fly-by while teleporting through space. What do you think? Any suggestions on how to improve it?

stilghar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »

What happens if you missed an enemy? Just engage the Inverse Drive!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic