Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:39:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat are you reading?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]
Print
Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 209850 times)
DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: December 03, 2017, 06:59:03 PM »

Oathbringer from the Stormlight Archive. Goddang this is good. Only sad we'll have to wait another 4 years for the next one...

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: March 24, 2018, 02:40:23 PM »

Godot Engine Game Development in 24 Hours: The Official Guide to Godot 3.0

I know, learn something in X hours/days book... but it is as far as I know the first and only book about Godot,  and it turned out to be very informative as well. I need to go back and do most of the exercises that I skipped over because they looked very useful for learning more about finding my way around Godot 3.0.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 25, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »

I know, learn something in X hours/days book... but it is as far as I know the first and only book about Godot,  and it turned out to be very informative as well. I need to go back and do most of the exercises that I skipped over because they looked very useful for learning more about finding my way around Godot 3.0.

Anything about C# in that one?

Yeah.
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1883 on: March 25, 2018, 02:45:26 PM »

Anything about C# in that one?

No, nothing really. There is a chapter at the end about using GDNative/NativeScript and mentioning interfaces for other languages that might say something in passing about the new C# interface, but the book is all GDScript, which is fine to me as I really started to enjoy using that language anyway and do not feel like I see the benefit of dragging the entire C# runtime thing into the engine to use that language. If I need to go for something other than GDScript or/and link in some existing external libraries I am happy that they have ways to hook in C and C++.
Pfotegeist
« Reply #1884 on: July 10, 2021, 07:31:08 AM »

I've been reading a few web-novels

Almost all cases share tropes with isekai due to the pull by culture, an OP protagonist should have a harmless fast travel that would actually destroy mercantile economy instantly and turn logistics and strategies of the normal actors into dust.  Shrug

The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor has a pretty good beginning, and I might like to see the beginning adapted in some way. It's meant to resemble video game progress and with the only thing driving the narrative being emergent gameplay, it's some brutally long grind just to say "Weed i$ the god$ of war$ .   $$$$$$$$
 Cheesy Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil KissHand Money LeftHand Money LeftHand Money LeftHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money Right Hand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money RightHand Money Right Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss".

I'm sort-of reading A Practical Guide To Evil and Catherine the antagonistic heroine is depicted as someone who always has a plan. She meets a lot of people who have plans. It turns out the universe has a sense of irony, and more spectacular feats call for more spectacular rubber banding issues.  Maybe one day Catherine will find the god of rubber banding, and reprogram it.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic