Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1393785 Posts in 67107 Topics- by 60078 Members - Latest Member: maxatwork

August 04, 2021, 09:17:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDevader - swarms of enemies - made in HTML5
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
Print
Author Topic: Devader - swarms of enemies - made in HTML5  (Read 29254 times)
marcgfx
Level 7

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2020, 09:59:07 AM »

@Schrompf:  Cheesy I think I am on the darkest side, nothing can frighten me. I don't really care what language, as long as it allows me to port to consoles Tongue

Made another update to the alpha branch, fixing some small things after my first two player session in a while.

NajibSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: December 28, 2020, 04:16:30 AM »

I love how the game looks, he's very handsome Smiley

marcgfx
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: February 21, 2021, 04:34:38 AM »

Thanks NajibSG Grin

I've been quite distracted by another project for quite some time. It's actually a project that started out as a bullet-pattern designer but has evolved into it's own little thing...

You can check out the web-demo here:
https://www.falkenbrew.com/sfare/Web/index.html

I'm thinking about releasing it on itch pretty soon. Maybe someone has an idea about similar projects, as I will be looking for influencers of any kind that could be interested.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 04:45:33 AM by marcgfx » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 21, 2021, 11:53:03 AM »

On Firefox all I see is a blue triangle (it works on Chromium though)

It looks awesome! Reminds me of Flow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_(video_game)
Alain
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: February 21, 2021, 12:58:25 PM »

It worked in Firefox for me. Wow, that was trippy :D

marcgfx
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2021, 06:17:48 AM »

Thanks for trying guys!

@JobLeonard: Hm, works in Firefox on my Macbook and Windows. Not my fault anyway, let's blame Unity. I've just checked out Flow. Same developer as Flower (someone else mentioned) and Journey/Abzu. Interesting. Might be good to look for youtubers who played those games.

I'm planning to launch on itch.io soon, would appreciate any opinion on my page (secret link):
https://falkenbrew.itch.io/sfre?secret=HMjKMGmuuatYdYHlGoTklWQo

Pricing is also something hard to determine. I think in the long run mobile should be the most important platform. But I could be wrong. So now I'm wondering if I should release it on itch with "free/donate" or simply at a discount. In the end it might be most important for me that enough people even give it a go. These decisions are hard for me Tired

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2021, 07:45:48 AM »

Looks cool, nice trailer too.

I don't know about pricing either, never had to deal with the economy of that. Maybe have a free version + a paid "PRO" version that lets you directly export the results? Is the output purely shade based? You could make an "export to shader" button in the pro-version in that case
marcgfx
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2021, 08:00:18 AM »

@JobLeonard: that's my plan for mobile. I guess I could have two projects on itch though, not sure if it would be detrimental to have to download it twice. For steam I was thinking about having an IAP to upgrade to Pro, but I'm going to delay a steam release until I gather enough wishlists, or never release it at all.

It's not shader based, but it's a cool idea with the export. I have the possibility to export jpg, gif, mp4 and wav, but you can't export the settings themselves. What you create in the pro version can be something that will never exist again (pressing the star shape randomizes a lot of parameters).

I need to think about how to get the most exposure while being able to convert at least a small fraction to pro-updates. I've decided I would rather have 100k players making 100$ than 1k players and making 1k$. Exposure is something I never managed to achieve with Devader and that hurts most.

The "trailer" was me just messing around in one take, but I'm glad you like it Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2021, 09:34:22 AM »

Well, if that was a one-take trailer then that says something about the elegance of your graphics I think Cheesy
marcgfx
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: February 24, 2021, 01:19:30 AM »

Thanks man Smiley
I've just decided to give private access to anyone here that is interested and wants to check out sfäre. You can download the project for free atm.
https://falkenbrew.itch.io/sfre?password=electric

marcgfx
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2021, 06:07:11 AM »

Was considering making a new project on tig but no energy right now. sfäre can be tested/downloaded for android now if you follow this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=space.spherience.app

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2021, 07:08:12 AM »

Installing and giving it a try!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic