Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 08:07:22 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesOverrated games
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32
Print
Author Topic: Overrated games  (Read 39614 times)
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #520 on: January 30, 2017, 08:51:51 AM »

that's right I didn't spend all that time in mspaint on one-off pictures

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:09 AM »

I think im gonna get death threats by saying this, but dark souls? just because the difficulty and having to repeat things over and over felt like more of chore than an enjoyable game..but i guess others find an appeal to it
how dare you
I never understood how the dark souls = super hard gam thing started, especially when it was in truth an extremely easy game. (ESPECIALLY when compared to demon's souls and later bloodbourne)  And before anyone points out the "prepare to die edition" thing, the "hard game" meme thing was already there from demon's souls before that, they took it and ran with it for marketing.

you want an ACTUAL hard game play ninja gaiden sigma, there's very few games that can cause me to ragequit and that's one of them...

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 30, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »

uhm demon's souls is the easiest in the series by far

anyway souls games aren't really hard, they just have a learning curve due to some unconventional mechanics (and poor explanation if i'm honest). they are also non-easy games in a traditionally easy genre.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 11:48:29 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 30, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »

i think dark souls difficulty comes from multiplayer feature. You can barely fight more than 1 enemy, all bosses are big, easy to aggro in one direction and have exposed rears, while human sized bosses generally come in numbers.And that becomes a problem because its impossible to find someone if your area who is your level and is a Dark souls player.
Last one is important, because DS is a hardcore product that appeals only to several million people who are so disconnected from reality they consider that level of dedication to the product "easy".
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 30, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »

i think dark souls difficulty comes from multiplayer feature. You can barely fight more than 1 enemy, all bosses are big, easy to aggro in one direction and have exposed rears, while human sized bosses generally come in numbers.And that becomes a problem because its impossible to find someone if your area who is your level and is a Dark souls player.

i know you're just trollin, but this is beyond dumb. the reason you can "barely fight more than 1 enemy" is that the mechanics are centered around 1 on 1 fights and you're supposed to proceed carefully, rather than charge into groups.

secondly, almost every boss in the game is balanced for solo (excluding the optional bosses in dark souls 2 dlc) and becomes trivial in co-op because their AI clearly wasn't built for handling multiple players, so you can just kite them to death. also human sized bosses in dark souls 1 and demons don't "come in numbers" wtf. the mob boss thing was something that dark souls 2 introduced. ornstein and smough is considered one of the most "memorable" bosses because they are literally the 1 of 2 bosses in the game (not counting pinwheel) where you fight more than 1 thing.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 01:11:50 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: January 30, 2017, 01:07:30 PM »

did you know that you can also barely fight more than 1 enemy irl

Bad_Dude 2017
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 30, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »

i know you're just trollin, but this is beyond dumb. the reason you can "barely fight more than 1 enemy" is that the mechanics are centered around 1 on 1 fights and you're supposed to proceed carefully, rather than charge into groups.
Why did they do more than one enemy in 1v1 fighting game? I clearly saw a player character being atacked by a groups of 2-3 sceletons, ghosts or tree-mans in this game about 1 on 1 fighting. Also certain human boss atacks you with two buddies in 1 v 1 combat. Clean aggro spheres and player underpowerness seems like more common reason to not run through level.
secondly, almost every boss in the game is balanced for solo (excluding the optional bosses in dark souls 2 dlc) and becomes trivial in co-op because their AI clearly wasn't built for handling multiple players, so you can just kite them to death.
one player kiting and other hitting the enemy is what i was talking about. Also its so good at balancing bosses, people only can beat them with complete attack pattern knowledge in a drawn out fight. ts as if game teaches you to proceed carefully through blocking and rolling through exploitable hitboxes. As for AI, i dont think they made some enemies not see heights by design.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 30, 2017, 01:49:02 PM »

first of all, have you even played any of these games? because your posts kinda sound like it

Why did they do more than one enemy in 1v1 fighting game? I clearly saw a player character being atacked by a groups of 2-3 sceletons, ghosts or tree-mans in this game about 1 on 1 fighting.

"centered around" 1v1, not "exclusively consisting of" 1v1. and skeletons and tree people are weak trash mobs. dark souls 1 doesn't have a single instance outside of the ornstein&smough and 4kings bosses where it forces you into combat against multiple strong enemies.

Also certain human boss atacks you with two buddies in 1 v 1 combat. Clean aggro spheres and player underpowerness seems like more common reason to not run through level.
??

one player kiting and other hitting the enemy is what i was talking about.

yes and it makes bosses extremely easy because it means players won't have to pay attention to things like attack windows and so on. 1 player can button mash while the others have all the time in the world to heal up. i can count the number of times i've lost against a dark souls boss in co-op on 1 hand and i'm not a "good" player. thanks for agreeing with me i guess.

people only can beat them with complete attack pattern knowledge in a drawn out fight.

uhm no? who is "people"? also the average boss fight in dark souls 1 takes around 3-4 min at an adequate level brah
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:11:17 PM by Silbereisen » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 30, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »

anyway, of course souls games are "hardcore" games for nerds, but they are at the lower end of difficulty considering the target audience. i find most fighting games, multiplayer shooters, devil may cry genre games, shmups, "oldschool" platformers" etc completely unplayable and i can play souls games just fine, thanks to their fairly low skill ceiling and ways to exploit/puzzle out situations.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: January 30, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »

fighting games in particular are balls hard

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: January 30, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »

fighting games in particular are balls hard bad and lack raison d'etre (except tekken which is good)

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 30, 2017, 03:18:28 PM »

you want an ACTUAL hard game play ninja gaiden sigma, there's very few games that can cause me to ragequit and that's one of them...
Sigma was created for the express reason of making the game easy  Big Laff try ninja gaiden black, my brother finished that game

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »

fighting games in particular are balls hard bad and lack raison d'etre (except tekken which is good)

tekken is one of the worst about the thing u complained about tho
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2017, 03:39:21 PM »

tekken is slow enough to actually react some of the times and the button combinations are intuitive

(irl you're right, I just enjoy playing it with other fightgam noobs. I can't imagine there'd be any joy treating any fighting game as an actual competition)

Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: January 30, 2017, 04:04:27 PM »

Sigma was created for the express reason of making the game easy  Big Laff try ninja gaiden black, my brother finished that game

I beat black...many times...used to go over to a friends house and we'd play it on master ninja trading controllers whenever we'd die. It's the reason i picked up sigma, i didn't own an xbox myself and sigma was basicly black with added chapters.Personally I found sigma actually to be harder because the added areas you're required to play are COMPLETE bullshit and you basicly get 1hk by everything...and there's areas of the game where some of the modified enemies are a tad bit faster and from time to time infinite stunlock you (especially the exploding shuriken guys...). Seriously, the Rachel missions are complete rage inducing bullshit, she handles nowhere near as good as ryu, she dies easily, and has some of the most spammy enemies and bosses of the game.  The only thing they changed that makes the game "easier" is there's a few extra save points in those areas where there didn't used to be a save point for like 2 hours, and the ability to attack while in water. They also added the ability to use the bow while moving but there wasn't much point to it as outside of scripted locations it's still a useless weapon, especially when you have exploding shuriken or the windmill shuriken most of the game.

-Fuzzy Spider
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »

tekken is slow enough to actually react some of the times and the button combinations are intuitive

(irl you're right, I just enjoy playing it with other fightgam noobs. I can't imagine there'd be any joy treating any fighting game as an actual competition)

btw every single fighting game ive ever played (except smash) has been an exercise in frustration at being unable to pull off even simple moves (i can't reliably do a hadoken in street fighter). at some point i stopped trying and moved on to games i can actually play.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 31, 2017, 12:23:35 AM »

There's a tie for best fighting game between Super Gem Fighter and Bushido Blade. Search your heart, you know it to be true.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: January 31, 2017, 02:40:19 AM »

Bushido blade is too good to count as a fighting game

Smerik
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 31, 2017, 02:47:07 AM »

Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi <3