Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:06:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFREEDOM: Diegesis - v1h Released! (updated April 11, 2016)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: FREEDOM: Diegesis - v1h Released! (updated April 11, 2016)  (Read 16568 times)
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 05:37:07 PM »

Some new art that will be used for the upcoming second demo:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:27:40 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

elfspit
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 06:52:51 PM »

I had a chance to play the demo today and I like the style you have going with the game.  The movement feels a little too constrained, but other than that I'm looking forward to your future updates.
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »

Also, fruit brainstormin':

Mushrooms aren't fruit. You fail and your game is horrible. Cheesy

That menu looks pretty good, albeit a bit visually unbalanced. I wouldn't be surprised if that's on purpose, though.

The "poster" is great and those food sprites are pretty nice too.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 08:25:28 PM »

I had a chance to play the demo today and I like the style you have going with the game.  The movement feels a little too constrained, but other than that I'm looking forward to your future updates.

Thanks for your feedback! Did you manage to beat the current demo?

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2015, 02:09:21 PM »

New demo! (Windows only)

(old)

The preview now contains the whole first world from before (with some changes from the feedback so far), a new second world, and general improvements. Certain new elements, like the menu and save system, are still WIP status.

Controls:

- Directional arrows to move, climb on ladders, or push some objects. Try a running start to push slightly faster.

- X to jump, or let go of a ladder.

- C to pick up, throw, or interact with some objects.

- R to reset a level.

- W to switch between screen modes (default or twice the size).

- M to mute all audio (not recommended).

- ESC to skip cut-scenes.

The game auto-saves your progress after each level, although saves may not be compatible with the next release. Also if you've already beaten the first world from the old demo and you want to skip to the new content press '2' during the intro cut-scene.

Warnings:

This demo contains flashing lights in two parts, and may not be suitable for people suffering from photo-sensitive seizures or migraines.

This demo contains NSFW content.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 11:40:59 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »

ok im liking this a lot. i like the setting, i like the humor. i even like the puzzles. kinda reminds me of that one guy whos real important but i cant remember his name. zaratustra. lazrael as well. this is a good set of influences, if they are not your influences look into them.

these are the guys that taught me about vegan clones. free range cruelty free, kill nothing that has a shadow.

and cactus, obv. and the enough plumbers developer. that guys name is.... radix. terrible name. impossible to google. australian dev. hes working on a doomrogue right now.

in world 1-2 im not sure if you can get the teddie and still move forward. EDIT: you can do it if you dont kill the yellow guy. i think.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:47:45 PM by tok » Logged
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »

ok im liking this a lot. i like the setting, i like the humor. i even like the puzzles. kinda reminds me of that one guy whos real important but i cant remember his name. zaratustra. lazrael as well. this is a good set of influences, if they are not your influences look into them.

these are the guys that taught me about vegan clones. free range cruelty free, kill nothing that has a shadow.

and cactus, obv. and the enough plumbers developer. that guys name is.... radix. terrible name. impossible to google. australian dev. hes working on a doomrogue right now.

in world 1-2 im not sure if you can get the teddie and still move forward. EDIT: you can do it if you dont kill the yellow guy. i think.

Thanks for your feedback. I hadn't heard of those guys (except Cactus), but I liked that video.

You can get the first chest and still continue on, yes.

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 10:24:51 AM »

you should know these dudes. zara's game, 'eversion'. lazraels game, 'puyo'. v important. and radix: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38720.msg994025#msg994025 but im excited about this game, man, keep making it.

knytt. nifflas. if you havent played that. what kinda weak indie trade magazine is tigs if it doesnt tell you about these games? cave story mario and zelda. the only three games that exist. maybe metal gear solid. does metal gear solid exist?

what were you dudes doing in the bad old days of dos? game maker? sucking on your mothers titties or some shit
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:39:24 AM by tok » Logged
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2015, 10:35:10 AM »

you should know these dudes. zara's game, 'eversion'. lazraels game, 'puyo'. v important. and radix: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38720.msg994025#msg994025 but im excited about this game, man, keep making it.

knytt. nifflas. if you havent played that.

People keep bringing up Eversion, and though I can see the point of comparison I hope when my game is finished it will be clear that I'm trying to get at something much different from that game (not that there's anything wrong with it).

Beyond Eversion and Knytt, which I was already familiar with, all these are really cool and I'm glad you brought them up. Now I'm just trying to find working download links for those Lazrael ones. To be honest most of my current influences are outside gaming, indie or not, so that's probably why I haven't heard of these.

Thanks for the further encouragement. I'm curious to see what you'll think of the later levels of FREEDOM, once/if you get to them.

what were you dudes doing in the bad old days of dos? sucking on your mothers titties or some shit

Why do you think my protagonist's skin is grey?  Wink
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:40:12 AM by Quicksand-T » Logged

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »

SORRY QUICK im using you by analogy. i did notice your palette and i like it. nobody remembers lode runner, lemmings and christmas jetpack. in my house there was no sonic. we had a demo of christmas jazz jackrabbit and we liked it. warcraft: orcs and humans, which is a corruption of DUNE 2. BUT WE LIKED IT.

here in brisbane they made DARK REIGN. but nobody remembers dark reign, everybody remembers starcraft. but dark reign came first. that dude, who made teh graphics and ai for dark reign, taught me a shitt flash class. but he's one of the world's top ai developers. he just doesnt know it.

but yeah: eversion. the comparison can be made. you you know how it ends? do you know the secret end? most people give up after 1-2 levels.

i'll do another playthrough of freedom later.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 10:58:28 AM by tok » Logged
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2015, 10:53:53 AM »

in my house there was no sonic. we had a demo of christmas jazz jackrabbit and we liked it.

Haha, same.

I suppose I'll give Eversion another look.

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 10:56:02 AM »

you might just want to watch it, its a hard platformer and a hard puzzle game. its hard to slog through.
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »

Forums user ThemsAllTook made a long video playthrough of the new content, allowing me to fix a lot of bugs and make some puzzle elements clearer. The download is now updated. Thanks ThemsAllTook!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 05:48:59 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2015, 11:02:34 AM »

I've started a tumblr, mainly for myself to collect all my creative inspirations in one place. Mostly just images, and minimal text. I've been thinking a lot about what I want for the final 'box art', and also about maybe making a graphic manual, so there are a lot of images related to that:

http://biosrevision.tumblr.com/

A screenshot of the current level in progress:

Here is a preview of the music from that area:

https://copy.com/kuXQMsfZHtYxjrzH?download=1
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:11:00 AM by Quicksand-T » Logged

tok
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »

i followed you, im metalgret. youre not askable on there or i'd have sent you this message on there. so fix that.
Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2015, 07:24:02 PM »

For whatever reason that last level took longer to make than the second world combined, but its finally done. Next up, a meeting of worlds:

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »

It's been a while since I've updated this. Still working on that level, the last one before a big change in the game.

Here is the music track for that area:
https://copy.com/QlJFe2lLhWaqlYek

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2015, 06:49:09 PM »

Just updated the thread to 50% finished, feels good!

The third world is now finished. Will probably release another demo in the next week or so.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »

Yay!

Quicksand-T
Level 4

@Quicksand_T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »

Unfortunately its not gonna be that much more content from what you've already played, ThemsAllTook. I'll still be interested in your insightful feedback once again, though.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:29:36 PM by Quicksand-T » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic