Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:13:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUdon Dreams ~ non-combat immersive sim on a lunar resort
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Udon Dreams ~ non-combat immersive sim on a lunar resort  (Read 21895 times)
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »

BTW that milk quote, can't overstate how brillant it is

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2015, 01:04:54 PM »

I need this game in my life.

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2015, 05:37:05 PM »

thanks, guys Smiley

plump
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »

newupdateswhen
bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »

now

we weren't happy with the old inventory system as it was pretty standard "hit key to open magical menu of things" so with the help of mushbuh we made something new. the ship now has a system, the PAK-VAC, that lets you store items in some central location that can then be accessed via numerous PAK-VAC ports across the resort. take item > put in PAK-VAC > item can now be withdrawn from any other PAK-VAC location on board. so it's a sort of pseudo inventory but a lot cooler we think.

basic implementation

don't really want to show anything else right now but thanks for reading Smiley

barley
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2015, 02:04:26 AM »

That looks like it'll help with immersion a lot more than an Infinite Backpack(TM) Hand Thumbs Up Left

also: dat cursor

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2015, 08:12:06 AM »

There was a bad game with good idea, alone in the dark 5, maybe stealing some idea there?

troyduguid
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2015, 10:32:40 AM »

Hello, I like this idea a lot and I like this project a lot. Really digging how you're focusing on making interacting with the environment as engaging as possible.
Are NPC's going to play a significant part in the gameplay in your final vision of Udon Dreams, or are you focusing more on interacting with the ship itself?

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »

That looks like it'll help with immersion a lot more than an Infinite Backpack(TM) Hand Thumbs Up Left

also: dat cursor

we hope so! trying to make things as simulated/make world sense as much as we can

There was a bad game with good idea, alone in the dark 5, maybe stealing some idea there?

I saw a gif of the coat inventory from that game a while ago and yeah it looks spectacular. we don't have full body awareness/hands so a belt or bag didn't make much sense for a physical carrying system.

Hello, I like this idea a lot and I like this project a lot. Really digging how you're focusing on making interacting with the environment as engaging as possible.
Are NPC's going to play a significant part in the gameplay in your final vision of Udon Dreams, or are you focusing more on interacting with the ship itself?

thanks! we have some plans for how we want to handle NPCs but nothing is really implemented yet. there are 2 bot models that we carried over from an older game attempt, but they just stand around and trigger dialogue testing right now. eventually new bots will have to get made and in a design that allows for a couple art variables to differentiate between characters, as there will be defined robot persons with names and desires and history and all that. NPC interactions will get the same treatment we're giving to environment/object interactions right now (not just talking, pick fetch quest dialogue box, return and end relationship with that person) but sometime later. it's a big chunk of what world we want to end up with but we really haven't even started. so much still to do!

sodap
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »

May I ask which tool do you use to make animated gifs? they look awesome, very crisp

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2015, 04:22:32 PM »

we record with licecap and then upload with sharex

we dropped having predefined rotation scripts for doors and other hinge-opening or similar devices so it's now just physics based and can be walked into/grabbed with the middle mouse button we have as a drag option (it's being middle mouse dragged when closing in the gif).

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2015, 02:30:51 AM »

polish pass on toilets so I added a lid with the new hinge drag stuff

start menu pop up sorry

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2015, 06:50:31 PM »

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »

i want to play

Juskelis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »

we all want to play Beg

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2015, 03:28:00 AM »

Oh, wow. Why haven't I seen this before? Just read through the whole thread and it looks amazing. Really, really love the "realistic inventory" system. My solution so far has simply been not to be able to carry more stuff than can be seen, because I really don't like unrealistic infinite pockets if they don't make sense in the game world at hand, but this is a wonderful solution that really fits the setting of your game.

mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2015, 11:50:26 AM »

Oh, wow. Why haven't I seen this before? Just read through the whole thread and it looks amazing. Really, really love the "realistic inventory" system. My solution so far has simply been not to be able to carry more stuff than can be seen, because I really don't like unrealistic infinite pockets if they don't make sense in the game world at hand, but this is a wonderful solution that really fits the setting of your game.
that inventory was my idea, i get paid every time someone says its good so thank you

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:49 PM »

thanks for breaching the NDA!!!!

ActualDog
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2015, 09:07:49 PM »

Dang, this is slick as hell. Love all the little details you're pumping into the world.

bsp
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2015, 02:51:27 PM »

ty

wip on simming something like centrifugal force for gravity

items are using acceleration and not unity gravity

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic