Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:47:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLive on Steam - http://QuantumPilot.me -- Kill your Past Lives
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Live on Steam - http://QuantumPilot.me -- Kill your Past Lives  (Read 13475 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2017, 09:44:11 AM »

Crap. It's not updating the clones as I expected in the later levels.

Current builds are still fun but.. I need to fix this!

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2017, 10:31:57 AM »

There's another game I wanted to work on which is why I rushed out the build earlier.

Tested this one a bit, seems to be ok.

Fixed more than 2 weapons being on screen in a level at once in the main game.

Builds up: www.QuantumPilot.me

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »

A little too easy, loops too easy on the 4th weapon which is where I think it should be very tricky, not "oh, no big deal that I got hit".

The last 2 builds have me playing with the most focus yet - I love it. Now that I can no longer cheese on the second level because clones don't go off to the side Cheesy .

I like how clones form patterns and you have to time when you weave in to shoot and decide if you want to escape and hope you hit or commit to crossing their border and get more opportunities to hit.

Builds up: www.QuantumPilot.me

mtarini
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2017, 04:37:07 AM »

I am sorry to report that it does that again, click on the exe, nothing happens at all. Sad

Not only the new version, but the older version too, which is still sitting on my drive and I managed to run once or (not sure) twice. And which, before that, also used to refuse to start. So it seems to be erratic, hit-and-miss. (It may be linked to the fact that I might have moved the entire folder someplace else? but that would be real strange.)

Same specs as before: windows, etc

PS: tried with and without an external monitor attached to my laptop, just in case. No difference.

Warballs! · spherical fierceness · 1P · free · arena fighter · challenging
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2017, 05:02:45 AM »

Epileptic

Nothing has changed on my end from build settings or versioning..

Can you please confirm that you are unzipping/extracting the files and running the extracted EXE?

mtarini
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2017, 04:02:53 PM »

I know nothing changed, I can even run the very _same_ exe which worked before, and it doesn't now.
It seems like something random. Yes I'm unzipping everything and running the extracted EXE in its folder.

Let me try to reboot and try again...

update: Yep,  now works. Very cool update!!! Maybe it is just, who knows, if I have too many background processes it the game runs out of memory when it tries to spawn up and silently dies instead.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 04:23:00 PM by mtarini » Logged

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2017, 08:41:19 PM »

I know nothing changed, I can even run the very _same_ exe which worked before, and it doesn't now.
It seems like something random. Yes I'm unzipping everything and running the extracted EXE in its folder.

Let me try to reboot and try again...

update: Yep,  now works. Very cool update!!! Maybe it is just, who knows, if I have too many background processes it the game runs out of memory when it tries to spawn up and silently dies instead.

Huh! Awesome. I'll have to put a note on the site. In Tigscord Samaras got an error to pop up -- https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/10407

I'm glad you like the update Smiley

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2017, 08:21:47 PM »

Second level is tough!
Took me 8 or so tries to get past it. Finally scored Skill 335.7500.
You get a permanent +100 to Skill when you clear a level.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2017, 02:41:17 PM »

Hey Windows 7 users!
I reproduced the same issue you had the .exe not starting,  Hand Any Key

Thanks to chatting with Jeremiah from Golden Krone Hotel (a sweet looking roguelike with custom mechanics! https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=50482.40;topicseen) , I've migrated the game to Node Webkit from Electron.

OSX was easy to switch over.

A Node-Webkit build is uploaded to Itch which should be available for Windows 7.

The distribution guide for NW took me a few reads to comprehend so I hope it works. I'll get access to a Windows 7 machine again soon and try.

The Linux version as of today ran on Ubuntu ok.

www.QuantumPilot.me

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2017, 09:07:16 PM »

I tested Node-Webkit, worked on Windows 7!  Gomez

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2017, 07:55:30 PM »

* You can slow down and freeze the deadline if you combo kill the clones
* Fixed bugs where you would get free kills
* Clones no longer stay between levels on main game, only in New Game +

New builds up at www.QuantumPilot.me. The nw.js tutorial confuses me a little bit everytime I read it, so I hope I got the Windows & Linux versions correct.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2017, 07:06:12 PM »

Title screen

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2017, 08:15:02 AM »

Fixed a bug on the menu where holding down Z or a controller button would rapidly toggle the menu item.

Play tested and had a very fun experience - I was in New Game + (more enemies, previous weapon clones persist), about 7 rounds in.. I saw an opening and thought "That's treacherous". But it looked ok.. and I went for it. About 3 seconds later of dodging, I was trapped by a wall and got hit, which led to a rapid deadline and a few rounds of desperate shooting before losing.

Somehow I intuited or read the clone patterns well enough to predict the future of the patterns. But not well enough to see a better option, haha.

I hope playing this game you get into a pleasant groove of reading & predicting where to move and shoot next.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »

I'm removing the Skill rating and replacing with Kill Streak.

I will test out using the +100 points for beating a level and showing "Skill" instead of "Kill Streak" because I think the bonus is cool and a kill streak of earlier in the game should IMO be worth less than one earned later when difficulty is increased.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 04:33:29 PM by quantumpotato » Logged

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »

Refitted coop for the new gameplay mechanics.

Coop highscores seperate from 1P high scores.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »

Coop update:

I fixed coop in Quantum Pilot. If 1 player gets hit, the other still plays. The next round there are 2 clones for them, 1 of them reversed in X direction which looks cool!
Beat that round and your partner comes back. if you die, then they come back and have to beat the next level to recover you.

Build coming soon.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2017, 07:23:37 PM »

Versus mode WIP

I still have a few things I need to clean up, most noticeably a menu for all modes to return to the menu.

Sound balancing needs to be tweaked in versus mode.

And.. that's about it for gameplay. I want to do achievements & trading cards for Steam release which will be the next big chunk of work.

mtarini
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »

congrats for the Completing the game!

Unfortunately, you know me, I'm the usual bearer of bad news.
This is what I get when I execute QuantumPilot.exe :

You know my specs by now...

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »

congrats for the Completing the game!

Unfortunately, you know me, I'm the usual bearer of bad news.
This is what I get when I execute QuantumPilot.exe :

You know my specs by now...

Cry I'm still getting the hang of the new nw.js build workflow. That error may be my fault - sorry for the delay! Please check back within a few weeks and I will review the build process fresh soon! (see next post)

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2017, 05:31:07 PM »

Major Updates:

* Updated the % complete down to 70. I'm accounting for Steam Trading Cards, Achievements & Uploading to Steam as being major milestones.

* Coop tested this week, friends found it a lot of fun. "I'm glad you didn't let this project stagnate". There was plenty of excited shouting while playing which made me smile.

* Clones in Coop spawn a little differently. To prevent 1 player from doing all the work and getting free stationary clones, the more bullets you shoot the higher % a clone will be of you. This is checked twice for each clone spawned. If 2 clones spawn for 1 player they will never move in the same direction - 1 will have their X axis reversed from the start. This keeps movement patterns interesting.

* Getting hit in Coop makes you drop out of the round but your teammate still stays in. If they win, you come back. If they get hit, they go out and you come back. The deadline always speeds up when both players are out.

* Clones only turn red in the Aftermath mode (hard difficulty). Red clones aim at the player who's clone they are of.

* Coop highscores are working, yay. Highscores track Time & Skill (your best kill streak + a bonus for each level cleared) for Solo & Coop.

* Versus tested this week, it sucked! I'm scrapping it and will re-implement Versus as a "Duel" mode. I've wanted to do this for a while; it's been low on the priorities so now with a Steam release coming I want to include a versus option.

* Duel mode will have each player take turns in the Solo game. First player to get hit loses. You may shoot a lot hoping to wipe out your opponent, but if they survive it'll be your turn again with all those bullets + the ones they fired!

* Implemented Sound & Music Toggle on the menu. Added a sound effect when selecting a menu item, when scrolling & when starting the game to give feedback on Sound toggling.

Next Items:

* Pause menu, finally! Coop bugs are fixed so this can happen now.
* Testing an exit-game button from the title screen.
* A new windows build, this time reading the nw.js distribution guide closer. I will look at automating the build distribution like I did with electron-packager.

Thank you for your support!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic