Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 02:34:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure [Funded on Kickstarter!]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure [Funded on Kickstarter!]  (Read 20749 times)
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »

Thank you so much, guys, it really took us by surprise! We're funded with 4 days to go, those stretch goals are now in sight! I'm working on a new update right now, it's been an amazing Easter Sunday (orthodox), great great feeling guys. Incredible. The game is going to happen and we couldn't be happier.

We're happy.

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »

Awesome!!

Congratulations guys  Smiley

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2016, 03:09:17 AM »

Woohoo, thanks so much!

Even greater news - we've just smashed through our second stretchgoal: we now will be Ultra Fully Voiced, and translate the game  into EFIGS (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish).

Here's the updated stretchgoals list:

Backers have been amazing, we couldn't be happier!!!

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2016, 07:23:32 AM »

Congrats on the success of the KS! Not at all surprised, you guys did a great job on everything.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2016, 12:42:34 AM »

Thank you, everyone!!!

and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »

You're welcome Wink

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2017, 07:28:43 AM »

Whatup everybodaaaay! Whelp, it's been almost a year since I posted here. Uhm, was too busy, you know, making the game?

Gibbous is progressing super nicely.

Here are some gifs, y'all!

And a couple of characters:

We're adding a LOT OF STUFF TO IT!

Such as lighting effects:

Here's a

Happy Easter, everyone!

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2017, 12:07:46 PM »

New teaser video! Any kind of feedback welcome  Who, Me?

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2017, 12:30:51 PM »

Love the music and feeling!
I think it's best when you hear the voice overs at the same time.
I do think you're stretching the various clips too long though, they linger for a bit longer than you'd expect as a viewer.
The pacing would probably be a lot better if you cut most of them by 1-2 seconds.

If you want it to feel more dynamic you could probably look into different ways of doing transitions between clips.

Keep up the good work! Cthulhu Fhtagn!  Grin

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2017, 03:15:38 PM »

Gibbous: A Cthulhu Adventure Trailer https://youtube.com/watch?v=qSrxpdFSIRM  was really good, but the teaser is quite ... the opposite. 

Since this is a teaser, if you wanted to be minimalist (i.e. intended for people who are familiar with the game - e.g. Kickstarter supporters), showing the preacher scenes might be enough.  But for those that aren't familiar with the game, a "more inclusive" teaser, including some of the gameplay scenes would show that it is an adventure game.  And it is made clear at the end that it is a point and click game.  If you show the dialogue lines, then it's better to include the voiceover.  However, since the preacher's lines convey everything and the other in game dialogue wouldn't add much to the teaser, I'd remove the displayed dialogue text.

I'm not familiar with the story, but my guess is that starting with the preacher and showing him here and there with the other gameplay scenes in-between would be my first attempt to change it.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2017, 11:06:32 PM »

Thanks so much for the feedback, dudes. Unfortunately, since it's the last thing to get locked down, I only have a very small portion of the VO recorded, hence I couldn't use it where I would have wanted to. Going to ponder the length of the shots, too.

Either way, the project is still pretty far from completion, I sort of made this teaser because I had been capturing a lot of gameplay and I thought I might try and keep the game in everyone's minds.

Thanks again, I appreciate you taking your time to comment!

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2017, 03:39:06 AM »

It's been a year since we got funded on Kickstarter, so as a thank you to our backers for their support and patience we've documented 4 weeks of working on the game and edited it into a one hour video that you can now watch on YouTube. Our own little documentary about making Gibbous for a month.

Click the pic below to watch it.

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »

"A Month Making an Indie Game ..."  sounds like it took you a month to make the game Grin  ... but the "A month-in-the-life documentary ..." under the video is a better way to describe it. 

Other than that, the making the video was a good idea and good luck with the development!

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2017, 12:18:20 AM »

"A Month Making an Indie Game ..."  sounds like it took you a month to make the game Grin  ... but the "A month-in-the-life documentary ..." under the video is a better way to describe it. 

Other than that, the making the video was a good idea and good luck with the development!

Yeah, I had to find a compromise so that the title length wouldn't be excessive. Hope the mini-doc shed a little light on what it's like to make this game  Smiley Thanks for your interest.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 17, 2017, 03:42:45 PM »

Gibbous currently has 57 characters, and they'll all be voiced.

Most of them talk. Some of them don't. This little guy below barks Smiley

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »

Hey guys, just put up a hefty update on the VFX we'll be using in-game, which is pretty impressive if I do say so myself Wink

Click the gif below to check it out.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2017, 02:51:53 AM »

Back after, woah, quite a while... It's #screenshotsaturday!

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 14, 2017, 02:23:39 AM »

Hey guys! Here's our brand new, parallax scrolling main menu!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2018, 10:30:39 AM »

So uh, I guess this is being developed still, given the existence of this post in the GIFs thread?
and
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2018, 12:06:57 AM »

So uh, I guess this is being developed still, given the existence of this post in the GIFs thread?

Yeah guys, you're almost as bad as me at updating your devlog!!

p.s - the GIF degradation of your main menu makes me want a pixelart version of the game hehe

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic