Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:48:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure [Funded on Kickstarter!]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure [Funded on Kickstarter!]  (Read 20717 times)
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2015, 05:34:26 AM »

Hey Underhill, good to see the devlog! I've been watching the progress on SA for a while, but I'm new to TIGForums, so I figured I'd throw in some encouragement here, too! Really looking forward to the game. I'm shooting you a PM shortly about VO, too.

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 02:42:28 AM »

You know you're making progress when you start adding idle animations! Smiley

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2015, 06:25:44 AM »

First Pre-Alpha Game Footage!

Don't forget to 1080p it!

- Very much aware of text trembling - it's because of how it's related to characters and scrolling and some shit our programmer tried to explain to me but I failed at understanding;
- Gotta fix Kitteh pushing you around when you get in her way. Although I kinda like it in an adorable bully sort of way.
- Needs moar fog

What do you guys think?

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2015, 06:49:38 AM »

Looks gorgeous, especially in HD. The color palette reminds me of games like Monkey Island and I love it...

My one critique is with the animations of the main character. Which surprised me as a lot of the animation GIFs in this devlog are really well done. But his idle and walk felt really stiff. With this style I think you can really get a bit "over-the-top" with your animations, to sell things like his breathing or walking. The art feels classic and whimsical but the animations did not.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »

Thanks oldblood. You're absolutely right, we've been getting that feedback from almost everyone - we're definitely reworking the walk and idle animations from scratch. It's one of those things you keep postponing for other, seemingly more important stuff, until you realize  Shrug It neeeeeds to be done. Back to the ol' drawing board!

ephoete
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »

Cool stuff. I'm just a bit concerned of one thing though. Seems you guys have spent the last months polishing and re-polishing the very first screen but didn't really advance so much regarding other screens/levels. Am I right or you just want to show us this one for the moment?

Check out my Soundcloud! https://soundcloud.com/edgar-phoete
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »

Yeah, I know it seems that way, but actually we have other completed screens. It's just that with adventure games, you don't really want to take away discovering from the player. The demo's pretty limited in scope (very few screens, but with plenty to do), so you can see why the holding back  Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2015, 10:18:21 AM »

Hey, are you still planning to launch a KS this summer?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2015, 12:04:06 PM »

Yes, we are, although definitely not 'early summer' anymore  Embarrassed . We sometimes have to take a break from Gibbous so we can work on a project to pay the bills, plus recording voice work will probably take a while, and we want the demo to come out with a little bit of polish, so... Right now it's mid-summer, but it could probably be a liiiittle later.

Bluebutton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2015, 12:19:10 PM »

Absolutely stunning visuals.

Am I right in saying you're using Adventure Creator? It's a great tool which looks like you're putting to good use!

Can't wait to play it.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2015, 01:02:30 PM »

Yup, Adventure Creator is a great tool! Updates frequently, and the creator's always there with support when we need it, we recommend it whole-heartedly.

Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2015, 01:18:40 PM »

Your gameplay video is great! I really like the overall mood you've got. Good job.
And love the cat of course Grin

Jabberwocky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2015, 08:21:11 PM »

Astoundingly cool artwork and game idea!  Thanks for sharing.  First impressions count for a lot, and your game really strikes a chord.

That's pretty amazing savings with texture packer pro, will have to check into that.
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2015, 11:27:48 PM »

Thanks, guys, it means a lot to us.

In Gibbous news, we now have all the dialogue up and working inside the game. Next up, setting conditions, recording voiceover and continuing to change the walk cycle and idle animations.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 07:03:42 AM »

Hey guys, still alive and kicking! We're 99% done with the new character animations, we're starting to implement them next week. For now, here's a glimpse of the main menu. Still a work-in-progress, but gettin' there!

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2015, 04:28:58 AM »

New walk cycle!

Hey everyone, here's a sneak peek at our new side walk cycle. What do you guys think?

Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »

Looking really good!
I feel like the cat is way more interesting than the main character though, he's a bit bland.

Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 01:24:48 AM »

Looking really good!
I feel like the cat is way more interesting than the main character though, he's a bit bland.

Well, he's the straight guy in a crazy world  Smiley

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2015, 07:28:35 AM »

Very cool - this has come a long way since I last checked it. Looking forward to your KS campaign!

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Mr Underhill
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2015, 12:27:01 AM »

Very cool - this has come a long way since I last checked it. Looking forward to your KS campaign!

Thanks so much! Hopefully that's September, woo!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic