Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:58:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[DEADBOLT] - 2D action/shooter
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [DEADBOLT] - 2D action/shooter  (Read 27801 times)
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »

Alpha's available here if anyone wants to check out the game
http://hopoo.itch.io/deadbolt

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pezomi
Level 0

swag swag swag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »

I just gave the demo on itch.io a play. It's great! I loved that you can knock, the use of vents, and the premise in general. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on your progress. way to go!  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

The only negative thing I have to say about the demo was the absence of any music.

RyanHuggins
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »

This game is super cool! Really love how it feels and the mixture of the difficulty and tactics elements. I also inherently love good games being made in Game Maker because there are so many naysayers at my college!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2015, 05:04:42 AM »

i like the fridge. you can store many things in a refrigerator. for example food and drinks, milk in particular, or medications that need to be stored between 2 and 10 degrees celsius.
bennewhouse
Level 0

I invest in games. No seriously, I do!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 05:16:59 AM »

Hey Hopoo, I just got Risk of Rain via the IndieBox and I'm loving it! I'm looking forward to trying out the Deadbolt Alpha, and will continue to follow your progress.

Ben

Ben Newhouse
del
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2015, 05:59:01 AM »

Looks very pretty! It looks like there will be a cover system. Just curious how you intend to make that apparent? Or is it just pretty obvious?

Four Realms. Action RPG. Platformer. Animals.
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2015, 06:19:51 AM »

I enjoyed the demo a lot. Only thing that is a bit unfair is that you have to react very fast when you switch floors. The mouse position doesn't stay the same so it's often a bit tricky not to get killed Noir

I also inherently love good games being made in Game Maker because there are so many naysayers at my college!

I second that. Game Maker behaves a bit strange here and there, but it's a cool tool....and it's not limited to super simplistic stuff. A lot of fun to work with Smiley

by MSLF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 04:00:43 AM »

blood splatter is my focus in this game... It's very very cool, though it looks like on your tumblr's gifs the spatters were a bit more varied?  (e.g. more "spray" pattern)

It's kind of a second objective here for me - to see what kind of patterns can I paint on the walls (and how unique they are every time)and what kind of destruction murder scene can I leave behind.

Which brings me to a second point - maybe a bit more of environmental destruction?

PS
an easy way to vary the blood splatters (so they don't look like a copy of one another) is perhaps to rotate the initial sprites?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:28:08 AM by by MSLF » Logged

"Either you have an action method or you're irrelevant."
Mya
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 04:27:32 AM »

Looks lovely so far - really digging the look & feel.

How did you implement ragdoll for the corpses in GameMaker? (i'm still new to it)

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 07:51:23 PM »

I didn't play the whole demo but I think the gameplay is interesting. Reminds me of hotline miami, with its hidden puzzle layer underneath the twitch reflex violence surface. But what I really love is the setting and art style. The old car, the lights, the talking flame. Awesome.

marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:41 AM »

played the whole demo (up until the empty house where i received an exception). I like it. you have to be quite clever about how you tackle the enemies. what I noticed at the end: the knife is really powerful and accurate. blasting tons of bullets into the big zombies does quite little, two throws with a knife and he was down. I don't know if shooting through doors is a bug or a feature, made my life a lot easier though.

Grog
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 06:45:43 AM »

Really enjoyed this. I love the theme of the different factions, and it all feels really good. I wish there was an option for when you ran out of ammo, in some circumstances you have to start over I believe.

Fayer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »

Amazing!

by MSLF
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 05:49:16 AM »

Can't believe there's only two pages of comments here. This game is amazing!

"Either you have an action method or you're irrelevant."
hopoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »

WELP now that I'm done totally neglecting this thread, lets bring it back up to speed. I posted an alpha build of the game here: http://hopoo.itch.io/deadbolt. It has the first 5 stages of the game (in a rough state of course), but hey its something to try!

PS: How do you upload webms to a tig post? Thats my primary way of recording, and I'm not sure how.

riskofraingame.com
hopoogames.com/
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2015, 07:44:16 PM »

WELP now that I'm done totally neglecting this thread, lets bring it back up to speed. I posted an alpha build of the game here: http://hopoo.itch.io/deadbolt. It has the first 5 stages of the game (in a rough state of course), but hey its something to try!

PS: How do you upload webms to a tig post? Thats my primary way of recording, and I'm not sure how.
Don't think you can unfortunately. GIFs are cool though

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2015, 11:22:13 PM »

just host them somewhere like pomf.se, and drop links in the post. even though they're not embedded in posts, they're still far superior to gifs.
Dorian_SRed
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 01:23:47 AM »

I loved the alpha demo, really great job!  Gentleman

Tryzna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »

Just tried the demo and must say it plays really great. It was a bit difficult at first as controls dont feel as comfortable as they could, but still, im really impressed.
Cant wait for next version and music as it ll probably add that last piece of puzzle of great atmosphere the game allready have. Hand Thumbs Up Left
hopoo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »

Finally got around to adding actual buttons to the level editor; before, it only worked off hidden variables and hotkeys that were different for each object, aka no one could probably figure it out but me

Just tried the demo and must say it plays really great. It was a bit difficult at first as controls dont feel as comfortable as they could, but still, im really impressed.
Cant wait for next version and music as it ll probably add that last piece of puzzle of great atmosphere the game allready have. Hand Thumbs Up Left
What would you change for the controls?

riskofraingame.com
hopoogames.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic