Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 10:06:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpectrum of Violence (2D fighter)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Spectrum of Violence (2D fighter)  (Read 9595 times)
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »

Are you on Windows? I've been using CamStudio, which is free and decent if not great.
Yeah I tried Camstudio but the videos kept coming out at 2 fps or something. Can't figure out what settings/codec to use.

Anon reminds me of Akira from Rival Schools. But maybe it's just because they're both bikers with black uniforms and spikes on their shoulders.

Yeah I'm aware of Rival Schools but I've never actually played it. I think I saw the design for Akira once but that was many years ago. I'm not really sure how much that influenced the design I'd have to look at rival schools and see.
godsavant
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 06:49:11 PM »

Anon reminds me of Akira from Rival Schools. But maybe it's just because they're both bikers with black uniforms and spikes on their shoulders.

Wow, just give Anon some skull decals and you're there.

No scarf, though.  Sad
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 06:54:06 PM »

I see a lot of differences between the two. Though there will probably be many who will call it ripoff.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
godsavant
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »

Nah, it's only because the 'punk biker' is a commonly used stereotype. Hell, if normal laws of nature applied, anime studios would be suiing one another to oblivion.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 07:18:12 PM »

The design is similar but the animations are way different! Anon has switch blades and pipebombs Tongue

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 07:22:05 PM by Joseph » Logged
godsavant
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

Whoa, pipebombs?  Shocked If you don't mind me saying, that's one bad bitch.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 07:57:54 PM »

heres the knife and pipebomb in action

Iamthejuggler
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 02:00:29 AM »

This looks wicked! Although i hope that shadow under the characters is a placeholder.

It will be interesting to see how smooth you can get this running in flash. Looking forward to seeing more.
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 09:29:35 AM »

This looks wicked! Although i hope that shadow under the characters is a placeholder.

It will be interesting to see how smooth you can get this running in flash. Looking forward to seeing more.

Yeah I hate the shadows Tongue I'd love to get more accurate shadows but I don't think flashplayer can take it...
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 10:04:14 AM »

It looks really good, keep on it guys!! 

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:07:19 AM by Barnaby Byrne » Logged
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »

There's been a lull in development so I'm going to try and make a trailer for the game. First I have to figure out Camstudio...
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »

old concept drawing

Bleh I want to just find somebody who knows how to record videos and have them do it for meeeeeeeeee D:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:41:42 AM by Joseph » Logged
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 09:59:33 AM »

Things are really coming together now! What we really need now is a sound designer! Anyone interested? If so please send samples!
godsavant
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 04:56:21 PM »

Haha, I love Anon's pose! My fave character besides Otto, so far.
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »

Yeah I hate the shadows Tongue I'd love to get more accurate shadows but I don't think flashplayer can take it...

While I think this looks great, and hate to disagree, I think that Actionscript can in fact handle complex shadows.

Don't be discouraged, and while humbleness is an alluring characteristic, I'd advise to not be afraid to be confident either as I believe you assuredly deserve to be.  I am aware of the line between confidence and arrogance, but I'd still reccommend being confident, after all it's an attractive characteristic and may help generate good productivity within the team.

Excellent work so far though I have to say, and please don't feel that I'm being patronizing, I've been reading these forums for a year or so now and have only just picked up courage myself to start posting.  My intention is flattery and constructive criticism.

Keep on it!!!

:D

« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:05:53 PM by Barnaby Byrne » Logged
Joseph
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »

While I think this looks great, and hate to disagree, I think that Actionscript can in fact handle complex shadows.

Don't be discouraged, and while humbleness is an alluring characteristic, I'd advise to not be afraid to be confident either as I believe you assuredly deserve to be.  I am aware of the line between confidence and arrogance, but I'd still reccommend being confident, after all it's an attractive characteristic and may help generate good productivity within the team.

Excellent work so far though I have to say, and please don't feel that I'm being patronizing, I've been reading these forums for a year or so now and have only just picked up courage myself to start posting.  My intention is flattery and constructive criticism.

Keep on it!!!

:D

I think the issue is that complex shadows will suck up some processing and reduce the framerate. Hopefully we can get some better shadows in the game but I'm going to leave it up to the programmer. Thanks for your support!

BTW I'd like to make a kickass trailer but I still can't figure out how to make a decent recording of the game in action Sad
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 10:00:57 AM by Joseph » Logged
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »

The demo is slick, and all the animations are of a very high standard; great work!!

Btw my kid bro fullspectrum reminded me of this just recently:

It's 'Eternal Champions' from Mega-CD, the video is an 'overkill' montage.  Dunno if this would apply better to Killgore, but probably worth mentioning for ideas anyway..

The special moves in your demo have a great feeling of inertia, I love Otto's super so far.  Please, for my sake alone, keep it up!

Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic