Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:02:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC: So it begins again.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: GDC: So it begins again.  (Read 186772 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

increpare, how many accounts have you gone through by now?
increpare
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »

I will be in SF from 29 Feb to 18 March for GDC. Wohoo.  Don't have any accommoddation arranged for before/after GDC itself - will probably hostel for during with cambridge/london people.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2012, 10:34:52 AM »

Comin out with the roar of a thousand dead dreams and unforgotten atrocities!! This is gona be a GDC to remember!!! AWROOOO!!! oh.. anyone have a spare floor pass or two? X_o  Either way I'm gona be wandering around as usual in my signature gawdy makeup and robert smith hair. So run up and say hey!!
justinfic
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »

I'll be there! My first GDC, shockingly enough, so I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you. Still working out travel details but I will likely be in SF the week of GDC as well as the week before.

Twitter | Current Project: Heavy drinking
PTibz
Level 0

Business Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2012, 01:29:53 PM »

I'll be there the 5th - 9th partyin' it up at the downtown hostel.

Octodad!
President/Community Manager at Young Horses
increpare
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 07:25:43 AM »

Terry, Dock and I need a fourth companion to share a hostel for the week of GDC.  Anyone interested?  Send me a pm Smiley

edit: found
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:07:00 PM by increpare » Logged
wanderlands
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2012, 05:33:13 AM »

I'll be going for the first time this year; planning to be in San Francisco from Feb 26 to March 13. Let me know if you would like to meet / jam / room together.
jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 03:59:52 AM »

Me and my buddy are going as well, and will probably be looking for 2 others to share a hostel room from the 2nd to the 8th. Kinda strange dates, yes, but should make the hostel experience a bit better for some of the time.

ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 05:32:52 AM »

If my connections fail to find me some floor to crash on I'll be looking to get in on a hostel, ideally with some of you!

PM me if you have a group needing more.

EDIT: Yup, I'm looking for a place to stay on the cheap. Jonbro, will you be checking out on the 8th or the 9th? Semantics, semantics...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:35:31 PM by ntdb » Logged

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2012, 03:17:19 AM »

On the 8th, but I am still a little bit soft on the dates, and have yet to buy my plane tickets.

ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2012, 06:18:11 AM »

I haven't booked my flight yet either but I'm planning to stay for Friday. Let me know what you end up doing.

Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2012, 04:18:47 PM »

Just booked a spot in the downtown HI as well :D They should just rechristen it the Indie Hostel already.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2012, 04:31:19 AM »

I'm still not positive I'll be going but I've just booked a spot at the downtown HI as well. Smiley It's a great deal in a great spot, didn't want to end up without a reservation.

EDIT: Just found a couch to land on and bought plane tickets, aahh!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:20:29 AM by ntdb » Logged

Evan Balster
Level 10

I live in this head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »

Gonna be at the Hostel International with Beau Blyth, Mike Boxleiter and Kan "Reives" Gao.  :3

Creativity births expression.  Curiosity births exploration.
Our work is as soil to these seeds; our art is what grows from them...

Wreath, SoundSelf, Infinite Blank, Cave Story+, <plaid/audio>
EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2012, 05:33:38 PM »

If anyone else is entertaining the idea of staying at a hostel, I'd suggest you reserve spots as early as possible.  The ones in SF are always pretty full and often aren't open for walk-ins.
IQpierce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2012, 05:51:43 AM »

I just posted this in another thread but now I see this stickied (and more active) one; sorry for the "repost."

I wanted to get an Indie Pass (to send myself to GDC for the first time since I've been passed over by employers sending me for all 9 years I've worked in the games industry... yes I am working on indie projects though I also work professionally in the industry). Anyway yeah they're sold out. If anyone has a spare one please PM me or contact me at @IQpierce on Twitter.

At this point I've lost track of what the pass got me though; access to the IGS summit sessions, correct? Is there any way to get access to those other than getting a full summit/tutorials pass?

One guy trying to make some interesting decisions.
ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2012, 06:36:28 AM »

At this point I've lost track of what the pass got me though; access to the IGS summit sessions, correct? Is there any way to get access to those other than getting a full summit/tutorials pass?

I'm fairly confident that the IGS pass sellout means that there are no seats left in the IGS sessions. It'll be an expo pass for me..

jonbro
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2012, 08:22:01 AM »

Has anybody exhibited an iPad or iPhone thing at the igf before? Any tips? Is there some way that we can keep people from walking off with our ipad?

Also, me and my buddy are booked at the USA Hostels SF. we are there starting on the 4th, and check out on the 8th. We got a room for 4, but there are only two of us. Maybe some other people could jam on there with us. PM me for my actual name if you want to try to get on our reservation. I have no idea how that will work.

EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2012, 11:51:27 AM »

I'm fairly confident that the IGS pass sellout means that there are no seats left in the IGS sessions. It'll be an expo pass for me..

I'm still debating which pass to get.  I'm an indie, but wouldn't mind working in the AAA industry at some point.  That 1,500 full pass is just so expensive.
Chris Z
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2012, 12:42:12 AM »

Has anybody exhibited an iPad or iPhone thing at the igf before? Any tips? Is there some way that we can keep people from walking off with our ipad?

They usually provide security devices that are tethered to the table for mobile devices.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic