Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:33:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC: So it begins again.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: GDC: So it begins again.  (Read 186716 times)
mcc
Level 10

glitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2012, 08:16:18 PM »

I have an expo pass but will not be there the whole time bc work. I definitely plan to be at the Tues night IDGA thing, at the IGF awards on wed., and to Anna Anthropy's book release thing on thursday, and will be at the expo itself either wed. or thurs. maybe both. I'm trying to figure out which other events I should try to make it to.

My projects:<br />Games: Jumpman Retro-futuristic platforming iJumpman iPhone version Drumcircle PC+smartphone music toy<br />More: RUN HELLO
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2012, 09:31:06 PM »

I'm here! If you see the guy who looks like my avatar, please say hello!

Chris Pavia
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 10:39:35 PM »

Getting up super early tomorrow to take the train from SJ and hopefully make it in time for the indie jog. I always slack off when it gets cold, this should be a good jump start.
NotHere
Level 0

jelly bean

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »

I'm going to be here for the 5 days! I'm not staying up in SF this year so I'll be going up to Moscone early in the morning and going home later when I feel like it. If anyone wants to meet up, look for the chinese guy with the red jacket and 3 bags.
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »

We're having a game jam in the queue for Indie Game: The Movie, come along to 2016 West Hall at 4:00 to join us!

randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »

We're having a game jam in the queue for Indie Game: The Movie, come along to 2016 West Hall at 4:00 to join us!

Damn, I didn't bring my laptop just the iPad  Shrug
NotHere
Level 0

jelly bean

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2012, 05:44:08 PM »

Didn't see any game jam activity when I went to wait Sad was it in the room?
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2012, 08:40:40 PM »

I didn't see anything either :/ Anyway, my coworkers, some other folks, and myself are having some drinks at the Thirsty Bear on Howard St. If you're looking for something to do, stop by and the first drink is on me Smiley
Chris Pavia
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »

Anyway, my coworkers, some other folks, and myself are having some drinks at the Thirsty Bear on Howard St. If you're looking for something to do, stop by and the first drink is on me Smiley

Dang, I wish I had seen this before I hopped on the train home.
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »

Anyway, my coworkers, some other folks, and myself are having some drinks at the Thirsty Bear on Howard St. If you're looking for something to do, stop by and the first drink is on me Smiley

Dang, I wish I had seen this before I hopped on the train home.

Going to try and get another little meetup together at some other point. There were only 9 people but it was nice to meet some new people and relax a bit Smiley
Chris Pavia
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »

Cool, I'll check the thread earlier from now on Smiley
archagon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2012, 12:56:04 AM »

I think I'm going to need some sort of time machine for tomorrow, especially around 2-4pm. Holy cow.

...also, I don't think I'll actually have any time to eat.
ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: March 08, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »

Anyone want to grab some food tonight BEFORE going to the art jam at Denny's? It doesn't necessarily have to be healthier than Denny's, just tasty and with indies. :D

etoothy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 08, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

Hey guys! I know I'm not a regular around here but I would like to have a meetup if anyone wants to hang out this Friday, I only got the student pass. So yeah, I'm going to be driving tonight from Los Angeles with a friend so wish me luck on the trip! ^^
EdgeOfProphecy
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »

My GDC week is over, gotta head back to work tomorrow.

I met tons of cool people!  You're all awesome, and I hope to see you dudes in the future.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2012, 09:25:40 PM »

I met tons of cool people!  You're all awesome, and I hope to see you dudes in the future.

Your hair is a thing of legend sir.
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »

Your hair is a thing of legend sir.

Indeed it is. Was great meeting you and all the other people there!

Cheezmeister
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »

This may have actually been my best GDC to date. In five days, I played the best/worst Scrabble game ever with sir Cellulose, looked like a fool doing the Worm to live chiptunes, experienced a NOS overdose (don't do this, guys), hung out at the legendary Microsoft party, and *finally* started messing with Flixel.

Oh, and I met cool people and learned stuff. Totally.

෴Me෴ @chzmstr | www.luchenlabs.com ቒMadeቓ RA | Nextris | Chromathud   ᙍMakingᙌCheezus II (Devlog)
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2012, 05:11:18 PM »

Good conference, would attend again.

That hostel had a pretty bitching atmosphere. Cheers to everyone who made HISF Downtown a lot of fun!

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »

Yeah dude it was great meeting and hanging out with you!

And it was awesome to meet everyone else there too! It was a great time and I'm already excited for next year!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic