Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411497 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 07:20:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopNeed feedback on 2D pixelart game.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need feedback on 2D pixelart game.  (Read 1108 times)
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2015, 06:03:50 AM »

Hi,
I'm working on a 2D puzzle game in pixel art style.
Could someone give me some feedback on it?

(these 2 were too big)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15555199/2015-01-14%2001.45.10%20%282%29.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15555199/2015-01-14%2001.46.02.png

Canned Turkey
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:55 AM »

GJ, looks pretty.
No complaints here.
bdsowers
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 07:32:21 AM »

I'm not crazy about those UI fonts. They're hard to read, scribbly & all over the place. You're also making your button text a bit too big for your buttons. Give it a little room to breathe.

It's a little... interface-heavy. 14 buttons on one screen? Some of which are repeats. Collapse some of those into sub-menus (Leaderboards + Achievements, Twitter + G+).

Your Play button isn't nearly big enough. It should be a center-piece that draws the player's eye.

Good start aesthetically - like your pixel art. But the usability needs some work.

michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 07:54:24 AM »

Thank you Canned Turkey

I'm not crazy about those UI fonts. They're hard to read, scribbly & all over the place. You're also making your button text a bit too big for your buttons. Give it a little room to breathe.

It's a little... interface-heavy. 14 buttons on one screen? Some of which are repeats. Collapse some of those into sub-menus (Leaderboards + Achievements, Twitter + G+).

Your Play button isn't nearly big enough. It should be a center-piece that draws the player's eye.

Good start aesthetically - like your pixel art. But the usability needs some work.

I was scared about those font being not readable enough, I switched to a better readable one for other interface elements.
If I switch font for the buttons they probably won't need to be so big, but they weren't sharp if I made them smaller.

About repeats and interface heavy, what you're seeing right now will never be all on screen. I've already disconnected the flag and exclemation mark to connect more to the playboard, and the bottom row of buttons only comes on screen when you press play and the camera moves down.

I think with that new division, more attention is placed on the Play button, but still, a good idea to put more emphasis on it.

Thank you very much for your feedback it is much appreciated.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic