Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:47:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: ◁ DO NOT CROSS ▷  (Read 37815 times)
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »

Haven't visited this thread in quite some time, but dang:

You have made some KILLER progress! The sprites / backdrops are looking spectacular.

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2023, 07:19:17 AM »

Today I looked through all my old projects and stumbled upon the workfiles for DnC. Despite the very promising start it all went downhill because my life took a different turn and I wasn't able to invest more time.

Was quite saddened today to see how much got done just to be abandoned. Probably the one big failure in my past years that I immensely regret. My personal situation left me no other choice because I couldn't dedicate enough time and I had to set different priorities.

Currently looking through the files and evaluating if there is a way to redesign some aspects and continue...don't want to live with the shame Cool

Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2023, 08:49:32 AM »

Today I looked through all my old projects and stumbled upon the workfiles for DnC. Despite the very promising start it all went downhill because my life took a different turn and I wasn't able to invest more time.

Was quite saddened today to see how much got done just to be abandoned. Probably the one big failure in my past years that I immensely regret. My personal situation left me no other choice because I couldn't dedicate enough time and I had to set different priorities.

Currently looking through the files and evaluating if there is a way to redesign some aspects and continue...don't want to live with the shame Cool

I am sorry to hear this. The art style is amazing, I hope you manage to somehow restart this project and get it done.

Gentleman

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2023, 10:52:19 AM »

I am sorry to hear this. The art style is amazing, I hope you manage to somehow restart this project and get it done.

Gentleman

Thanks for the nice words. Appreciate it. I will see if it worth it and what has to change. Art style and the basic idea had potential, but I approached it a bit too chaotic and things have to be simplified....

bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2023, 12:11:32 PM »

aye man i used to follow this devlog back in the day, don't beat yourself up. it looks great, but in my experience trying to revive dead projects never goes anywhere. start something new you'll thank yourself later

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2023, 12:35:32 AM »

Gentleman

Thanks for the nice words. Appreciate it. I will see if it worth it and what has to change. Art style and the basic idea had potential, but I approached it a bit too chaotic and things have to be simplified....

I hope you figure something out. I can only repeat how blown away I am by your art style!

ZeroTec
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2023, 09:46:01 AM »

aye man i used to follow this devlog back in the day, don't beat yourself up. it looks great, but in my experience trying to revive dead projects never goes anywhere. start something new you'll thank yourself later

I think you are right to a certain degree. I still think some ideas I had a lot of potential, but at the same time I probably wanted to do too much. The usual problem Embarrassed

Maybe it's best to do something with a tiny scope first to get a better understanding how to structure a project.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic